• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Archaeology is such an easy way to passively level and earn gold. I get that 100 or 200 gold off of 45 pieces of Night Elf relics doesn't sound like much of anything to an established player but for a new player or someone on a new server that's huge. That's all of your bags and the two low level license tiers taken care of within a few minutes. Fishing and Archaeology are probably the most consistent professions to earn gold with while leveling. You can earn more gold off of those "boring" professions than you can off of hours of low level questing and dungeon queuing. Plus you get mounts, toys, titles, and pets.

I made my first few thousands when I switched over to Alliance/Proudmoore selling piles of 100 Daggermaw on the AH during the Darkmoon Faire. And made a lot of gold while fishing by catching bloated Threshers.

Tenebrous

For new players I agree, but for players on new servers, battle pets are faster. I bought a few Spores from a friend on my home realm and sold them for twice the price on Defias, netting my newbie character around 50k before it ever left Durotar/Orgrimmar.

Did the same with my Alliance Monk on Argent Dawn. Sent over a Pygmy Direhorn I had as a drop on my main, and sold it for 15k the same day I listed it on my monk.

erawsd

Legion legendaries are BOP. Also even if the models are back to being normal raid models it doesn't make the gear good. It's currently in the dungeon journal listed as ilvl 835 and Heroic dungeon gear is 825. Could be placeholder but that is in line with WoD heroic dungeon -> LFR Highmaul so I am inclined to believe it. It's going to be very easy to get gear better than that, even mythic dungeons without using a keystone drop 840 gear. You can upgrade your class order hall set to 840 (via class hall resource dump) and you can probably complete that before all of LFR ever rolls out. Not to mention World Quests and such which as you point at can upgrade to very high ilvls.

Actually think LFR is going to be utterly pointless outside of transmog in Legion, regardless of what the gear looks like. Seems too easy to get better elsewhere.

Ah yeah, i said boe when i was really thinking world drop. I wouldn't call it pointless, particularly if set bonuses continue to be as powerful as they've been in WoD, but I dont see LFR having anywhere near the prominence it has in the past because gear that is as good or better is widely available in other places.

I'm just about to hit 100 on my first character. I heard a lot about Ashran for getting really good gear, is it worth it as a protection paladin? Or should I just do my own thing and run 5 man dungeons as tank? Should I switch to retribution and PVP in regular battlegrounds?

cdyhybrid

I'm just about to hit 100 on my first character. I heard a lot about Ashran for getting really good gear, is it worth it as a protection paladin? Or should I just do my own thing and run 5 man dungeons as tank? Should I switch to retribution and PVP in regular battlegrounds?
Up to you. If all you're interested in is getting your iLvl as high as possible as fast as possible, Ashran is a solid choice. If you want to actually progress through some of the lower-end PVE content like Heroic dungeons, you can run those, do LFR, and farm Apexis for gear in Tanaan.

phierce

Do heroic dungeons/LFR so you can learn basics of tanking.

One benefit of having LFR give proper tier again is not gating out spec-changing bonuses. As in - the spec literally plays completely differently with 2/4pc compared to not having it. Even if it has lesser stats, everyone would have the same mechanics. The shitty LFR "bonuses" in WoD don't count.

Tenebrous

One benefit of having LFR give proper tier again is not gating out spec-changing bonuses. As in - the spec literally plays completely differently with 2/4pc compared to not having it. Even if it has lesser stats, everyone would have the same mechanics. The shitty LFR "bonuses" in WoD don't count.

Agreed. The difference between Arms Warrior with & without class trinket/tier18 is amazingly huge, and sums up why these sets should be available to a bigger group of players.

Even with the set bonus, Arms is really shit to plyay... But not as shit!

ZenaxPure

Ah yeah, i said boe when i was really thinking world drop. I wouldn't call it pointless, particularly if set bonuses continue to be as powerful as they've been in WoD, but I dont see LFR having anywhere near the prominence it has in the past because gear that is as good or better is widely available in other places.

I'm not going to go dig out the blue posts/interviews but they've said a few times now they don't plan on doing set bonuses on Legion like they did in WoD, they plan to go back to a more tame model with minor damage buffs. T19 seems to reflect that so far, you can look at all the set bonuses on mmo champ.

Speaking as an assassination rogue anyway:
Rogue T19 Assassination 2P Bonus - Mutilate also causes the target to Bleed for 25% additional damage over 6 sec.
Rogue T19 Assassination 4P Bonus - Envenom deals 8% additional damage per Bleed you have on the target.

That is nothing compared to T18. That is a crappy bleed and a 24% damage buff to a skill that is usually middle of the road on our overall damage done (on beta anyway).

Jag

I linked some gearing up at 100 guides on the prior page. Check them out.

PvP gear is the easiest high level stuff to get. Honor gear is 700 now. You should be at least 690+ to tank mythics. If you want some base 650 gear, go to Tanaan. But don't do heroics for gear. It's a waste of time unless you want to learn how to tank the dungeons. In which case, do them often.

Last Heirloom get! I am so done with Mythic Dungeons.

Lanrutcon

Tank LFR when the bonus is up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
May go with the Mage for my Legion main. Want something ranged, and Mages have always been the safest bet for that. Be curious how artifacts make stuff like Fire perform though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
May go with the Mage for my Legion main. Want something ranged, and Mages have always been the safest bet for that. Be curious how artifacts make stuff like Fire perform though.

From what I've seen, fire is in a pretty good spot in Legion. My mage will be my main as well.

Thanks guys.

c7bxHZc.png

Continuing my long line of insane battle pet purchases at 2 in the morning

And with that I finally hit a bullshit goal I set for myself before Legion hits so I don't go insane

z7oRSMs.png

No repeats, no TCG pets, no shop pets, no collectors edition pets and a few promotion pets like Graves, Core Hound Pup and that Penguin.

Guess it's time to work on mounts now...

Got my last primal raptor today. Just need the bone white one now and I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

And this raid week is going marginally better than last. Killed Manno within 90 minutes or so, but had some dumb wipes on Archimonde. Hopefully we get him down tonight for the 3rd kill.

Tenebrous

After getting Invincible a few days ago (don't hate, it took me over 300 kills), I'm only really after MoP & WoD mounts to get me past the 300 mark.

I COULD get 13 mounts from the Blizzard store, but fuck will I do that.

Lanrutcon

You know what's sad? the most appealing feature of Legion so far is the fact that I'll be able to get my WoD mythic transmogs for my alts.

Zelias

Banned
Got 100 on my Hunter yesterday, just need to get Rogue/Lock/Druid to 100 too and I'll have all classes at max ready for Legion. Priest/Monk/Shaman/Warrior are Alliance though, if I get bored enough I might level Horde ones too.

Lanrutcon

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Got 100 on my Hunter yesterday, just need to get Rogue/Lock/Druid to 100 too and I'll have all classes at max ready for Legion. Priest/Monk/Shaman/Warrior are Alliance though, if I get bored enough I might level Horde ones too.

i have been power leveling for the past few days, got my monk, pally and priest to 100. Only ones left are druid, rogue and shaman.
Thank god for Elixir of Rapid Mind.

Top Bottom