• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

LoiCWqV.jpg

JKY9a8E.jpg

AiXvrA1.jpg

Found it in Nagrand this morning after restarts. Was realm hopping hoping to find it elsewhere, but it ended up actually being on my server. :D

The last rare mount I needed from WoD (aside from Ruhkmar which is lol percentage). Otherwise the only "hard" WoD mount I'm missing at this point is Blackhand's, which I should probably get before the expansion's out. I swear my mount luck is all spent on this though - over 150 attempts on Mimiron's Head now.

Well WoW-GAF, it's happened again...I've been lured back in.

I bought Legion and boosted a Warlock to 100 which was a class I've always wanted to play and so far I'm having an absolute blast as Affliction. I've yet to downloads mods and all that jazz but I'd imagine my DPS is fairly decent. Tanaan Jungle is a pretty damn neat place. I love the Baleful gear as a middle ground to helping you gear up. So far I've gotten 3 655 blues and 2 675 epics. I also bought the Crystalfire staff (705) and killed Kaazak yesterday for a 705 cloak, this was all within a day or 2...pretty stoked about that and being around ilvl660.

Before I jump into Hellfire LFR I wanted to continue my farming and clear my remaining greens. Is there a map or list somewhere for all the rare bosses in Tanaan? I know they all also have a pretty good chance of dropping baleful tokens. Also if I remember correctly, they're on like a 15-20 min respawn timer?

Is there a recommended approach to gearing up as a boosted 100 or just keep doing what I'm doing? i.e. doing apexis dailies and looking for rare's.

Thanks mucho! P.S. I'm an Alliance on Stormrage

Tarazet

I will sometimes host open invite groups if I get Harrison Jones or the trader in my garrison. People use it to realm hop all the time, I could care less, I'm the one who put up open invite.. but I've been running into a rash of people who use me and then jump into Ashran, or they hop into a raid. I wouldn't mind, except that when that happens, it halts the queue and I can't take on any more members until they leave or I boot them. Had to put up a disclaimer asking them not to join instances.

Jag

Found it in Nagrand this morning after restarts. Was realm hopping hoping to find it elsewhere, but it ended up actually being on my server. :D

Nice. Was going to hunt in Nagrand after the server restart, but didn't have time. Doing some server hoping but no luck. Are the 3 Nagrand locations the best place to park an alt and server hop?

Nice. Was going to hunt in Nagrand after the server restart, but didn't have time. Doing some server hoping but no luck. Are the 3 Nagrand locations the best place to park an alt and server hop?

Frostfire or Shadowmoon Valley may be better with more locations concentrated, but that also causes more people to look there. Better bets may be Nagrand, Talador, Spires, or Gorgrond. The Nagrand locations aren't terribly far apart from each other, but I'm not going to deny it took a large degree of luck to find the portal, just like when I stumbled across TLPD early one morning on my way to Ulduar. I've gotten this and TLPD before Mimiron's head -.-

cdyhybrid

Well WoW-GAF, it's happened again...I've been lured back in.

I bought Legion and boosted a Warlock to 100 which was a class I've always wanted to play and so far I'm having an absolute blast as Affliction. I've yet to downloads mods and all that jazz but I'd imagine my DPS is fairly decent. Tanaan Jungle is a pretty damn neat place. I love the Baleful gear as a middle ground to helping you gear up. So far I've gotten 3 655 blues and 2 675 epics. I also bought the Crystalfire staff (705) and killed Kaazak yesterday for a 705 cloak, this was all within a day or 2...pretty stoked about that and being around ilvl660.

Before I jump into Hellfire LFR I wanted to continue my farming and clear my remaining greens. Is there a map or list somewhere for all the rare bosses in Tanaan? I know they all also have a pretty good chance of dropping baleful tokens. Also if I remember correctly, they're on like a 15-20 min respawn timer?

Is there a recommended approach to gearing up as a boosted 100 or just keep doing what I'm doing? i.e. doing apexis dailies and looking for rare's.

Thanks mucho! P.S. I'm an Alliance on Stormrage

That's pretty much the approach if you want to stick to PvE. You can get ilvl 700 PVP gear (it turns into 730 in PVP but is 700 otherwise) in Ashran for Honor points, but otherwise Tanaan Apexis stuff and LFR are your best bets. You can also try and find Mythic dungeon groups once you bump your ilvl up a bit - they drop 685 loot with a chance to randomly upgrade anywhere between 690 and 725.

Note that you can upgrade all your Baleful gear to 695 by buying a 20K Apexis item off one of the vendors in your Tanaan town.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The film was really good, do recommend it.

Actually made me tempted to resub, but pointless as none of my friends play

Interesting day otherwise today. Got in a group with like 4+ guildmates for heroic Manno/Arch, rando raid leader paladin ninjas an EDH, so we all report him. Disbands the group though, lol, as if that will help. Should get the item taken away and be banned for a couple days at least though - at least 3 people got him in a report. And no, he didn't reserve the item. Just dumb way to go.

And ICC is being stingy, only got 5 Shadowfrost Shards this week.

cdyhybrid

Interesting day otherwise today. Got in a group with like 4+ guildmates for heroic Manno/Arch, leader paladin ninjas an EDH, so we all report him. Disbands the group though, lol, as if that will help. Should get the item taken away and be banned for a couple days at least though - at least 3 people got him in a report. And no, he didn't reserve the item. Just dumb way to go.

And ICC is being stingy, only got 5 Shadowfrost Shards this week.
I should probably finish Shadowmourne for Timewalking at some point. Can't be bothered to wrangle a few people for Blood Infusion though.

mileS

How much do people charge on avg for heroic archimonde kills? I haven't raided since the very start of Blackrock. So needless to say my gear must be terrible now.

I really want that moose mount before legion.

Lomax

How much do people charge on avg for heroic archimonde kills? I haven't raided since the very start of Blackrock. So needless to say my gear must be terrible now.

I really want that moose mount before legion.

30k seems to be the standard rate in the US, though it depends slightly on your realm population.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CoP rotation for Shadow is hilarious without RoW since it's better to go Mindbender than Insanity until you have that trinket.

Some joke about 3 buttons

It's literally 3 buttons. Well, 4 at execute phase.

sometimes i pw:s just ot drag out a devouring plague.

Hey guys,

I'm just coming back from like a year's hiatus and am trying to finish the legendary ring. I forgot how the drops for this work.

Can I keep running raid finder until I get a drop from each boss? Or can I only kill the boss once a week for a chance at a drop? Is it capped?

ZenaxPure

Hey guys,

I'm just coming back from like a year's hiatus and am trying to finish the legendary ring. I forgot how the drops for this work.

Can I keep running raid finder until I get a drop from each boss? Or can I only kill the boss once a week for a chance at a drop? Is it capped?

Once per week. But there are other methods to get the stones/runes if you are on those parts of the quest. A weekly quest in Tanaan Jungle and the ship yard/follower missions can grant them (the ship yard in particular will have missions every few hours if you keep up with it).

Once per week. But there are other methods to get the stones/runes if you are on those parts of the quest. A weekly quest in Tanaan Jungle and the ship yard/follower missions can grant them (the ship yard in particular will have missions every few hours if you keep up with it).

Thanks!

I'm at the Tomes of Chaos part, I have 2/33.

Just have to grind that one out then, it's way more RNG than the other parts and can either be done hilariously fast or painfully slow.

*nod* Okay, thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything at the Shipyard, since I hardly use it.

What's worse is having to run LFR to do it. I can't even get upgrades in there. I did both Highmaul and BRF in heroic groups (using group finder, which is toxic, and probably what burnt me out so much to begin with).

Oh well. I'll use this time before Legion to hopefully find a new guild and maybe try to get a few mounts.

Thanks again!

Lomax

I'd have stocked up at 35k if I had realized it would be 50k a few months later. I still have a little hope it will drop back down once summer is here, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it just kept going up forever. Can't imagine there's that much supply right now.

I imagine it might sink a little with Legion launch (or close to it) and people coming back realizing they don't have much gold, but yeah. I think at much more than 50k I'm out for the most part - would rather save the gold for cool things and scrounge up the $15 each month.

ZenaxPure

They never went as low as 15k. 17k maybe for a limited time, but 19k for sure was a low-end. SHOULDA BOUGHT MORE THEN

19,140 is the lowest I could find on token info. Was some good shit.

And yeah I expect prices to drop a bit when 7.0/legion rolls around but I wouldn't ever expect the glorious 19k days to come around again. But hey anything is possible I guess.

Lomax

I imagine it might sink a little with Legion launch (or close to it) and people coming back realizing they don't have much gold, but yeah. I think at much more than 50k I'm out for the most part - would rather save the gold for cool things and scrounge up the $15 each month.

I think there will be as many or more players coming back for Legion who expect to pay for their subscription with tokens.

ZenaxPure

I think there will be as many or more players coming back for Legion who expect to pay for their subscription with tokens.

Will those people even have the gold for it? I feel like there probably isn't a huge amount of people who quit the game rich. Just made too much sense to keep your sub rolling if you had the sustained garrison income.

Kinda funny thinking about it. I have a friend who for quite literally 1 year now has done nothing but log in for the free gold. Only actual game content he did in that time frame was a handful of mythic dungeons, not even really worth mentioning because it was so few.

mileS

They never went as low as 15k. 17k maybe for a limited time, but 19k for sure was a low-end. SHOULDA BOUGHT MORE THEN
cry.gif

Ah well it was a long time ago :p forgive me. Seems like a crazy way to make gold if you don't mind spending some real money. I know a lot of people would never consider it but there's obviously a market for it. Have prices on many items or mounts gone up since then?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do pugs still have issues with Iskar Assist?

You literally click a button. It's like people act like it's a thing. It's not even a thing!

Lomax

How do pugs still have issues with Iskar Assist?

You literally click a button. It's like people act like it's a thing. It's not even a thing!

If you're talking about LFR, people don't have it. But I have seen people who had issues with it conflicting with their UI mods and it not displaying the button to click.

Fularu

Banned
19,140 is the lowest I could find on token info. Was some good shit.

And yeah I expect prices to drop a bit when 7.0/legion rolls around but I wouldn't ever expect the glorious 19k days to come around again. But hey anything is possible I guess.

I doubt they'll get lower than 35k tbh

Tenebrous

Two achievements left for the Glory of the Pandaria Raider, so hopefully I should be riding a new mount tonight...

What are you guys n gals farming? I need some inspiration at this point.

Daniel R

Two achievements left for the Glory of the Pandaria Raider, so hopefully I should be riding a new mount tonight...

Just fishing in the garrison for coins and the epic turtle.. Have no time for dungeon or raid mount farming.

v1perz53

One day I will actually get the damn Blazing Drake from Deathwing to finsh that cheive for the ugly Emerald Drake. But until then I am running Heroic Dragon Soul on 11 characters per week... Definitely is a lot of gold though! Something like 30-40k per week just from those runs (why I do heroic instead of extending a normal lockout). Also farming for Ultrax mount at the same time.

Tenebrous

I'm glad I'm done with non-MoP mount farming. I don't envy you guys at all...

Just fishing in the garrison for coins and the epic turtle.. Have no time for dungeon or raid mount farming.

... Shit, I'd entirely forgotten about this damn grind. I'm on 14/100 coins. How many hours of Garrison fishing is that?!

Robin64

Damn, totally forgot about the Garrison fishing stuff too. Started it, but then.. yeah. It doesn't help that fishing in WoW is terrible compared to FFXIV, which I also play.

carlsojo

Think I'm just going to skip fishing this expansion and focus on leveling. Just hit 100 on my 4th character, my rogue last night! Next is monk!

Tarazet

I'm glad I'm done with non-MoP mount farming. I don't envy you guys at all...

... Shit, I'd entirely forgotten about this damn grind. I'm on 14/100 coins. How many hours of Garrison fishing is that?!

You don't want to grind for coins in your garrison, the murlocs have a pretty low drop chance. If you have flying, go to Tanaan Jungle and fish pools so that you also get Felblight. If you don't, go to the dock at Wor'var in Nagrand and fish up Fat Sleepers.

Top Bottom