• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Shahadan

4 days of waiting for a bugged quest ticket lol.....and probably for nothing. Last time I did that they pasted me the default response they give when you ask for help finding quest objectives.

This time it's Cordana stuck with the books in the final step of the legendary questline. Anooying after grinding that shit again.

Edit: fixed it myself eventually, at least.

Jag

Hate fishing more than anything. My eyes bug hard from starting at the screen, but being forced to do it for fishing is more than I can bear.

I'm trying to get up the will to run Dragon Soul for the mount, but the back fight requires actual concentration.

So I'm farming for the Voidtalon but having zero luck even using realm hopping mods. I'm thinking about shelving it until the next reset.

Anyone know if NPCscan dings on the voidtalon portal?

Zelias

Banned
Two achievements left for the Glory of the Pandaria Raider, so hopefully I should be riding a new mount tonight...

What are you guys n gals farming? I need some inspiration at this point.
Been levelling alts. Have all bar Rogue and Lock at 100 now. As for mounts, trying to work up the will to farm the 2 Deathwing boss drop mounts. Already got the Ultrax one.

v1perz53

I got a lockout for Elegon and like 6 characters that can do it

i just dont care

Last week I went to clear MSV for fun on my Monk and to get an Elegon lockout. Got to him and said fuck it, never gonna farm this place, lets see if I can solo twins. Elegon dropped the mount... Third time killing him this expansion, I couldn't believe it. Also the only time I have been lucky with a mount farm, took me over 250 kills to get Mim's head. Worst though was the two Invincibles and one Life Binder's Handmaiden that dropped for me doing those bosses when I've had both since they were 100% drops on heroic.

Hate fishing more than anything. My eyes bug hard from starting at the screen, but being forced to do it for fishing is more than I can bear.

I got a chrome extension called AlwaysOnTop that lets me put a browser window that will always be above other windows and just watch shows on Netflix or Hulu while fishing. I just keep the one fishing sound channel open ingame and do it entirely based on hearing the bobber splash. Still very boring, but I would never be able to do fishing if all I was doing was actually fishing. Audiobooks and podcasts work too, but like you said I can't bear to just stare at the screen.

Daniel R

I'm glad I'm done with non-MoP mount farming. I don't envy you guys at all...

... Shit, I'd entirely forgotten about this damn grind. I'm on 14/100 coins. How many hours of Garrison fishing is that?!

If you are lucky, 10-20. But the thing is you are killing two birds with one stone, since the Riding Turtle mount can drop from the same mob that drops the coins.

If you just want coins the best place in northeastern spires of arak, you never run out of pools.

Tenebrous

If you are lucky, 10-20. But the thing is you are killing two birds with one stone, since the Riding Turtle mount can drop from the same mob that drops the coins.

If you just want coins the best place in northeastern spires of arak, you never run out of pools.

I already have it.

TQJ8zi5.jpg

You don't want to grind for coins in your garrison, the murlocs have a pretty low drop chance. If you have flying, go to Tanaan Jungle and fish pools so that you also get Felblight. If you don't, go to the dock at Wor'var in Nagrand and fish up Fat Sleepers.

Sounds like a plan.

v1perz53

Dumb question probably, but what's the best class to do old raids? I assume DK or Pally?

Right now prot warrior is a pretty good choice because of Second Wind combined with very high DPS making you basically invincible, but thats gone in Legion. Currently every class can solo up to Cata raids with ease (I do H DS 25 on every class each week in full PvP blue set). "Best" for MoP raids is a little variable based on which fights require high survivability vs have burst DPS requirements vs have mechanics you need to game, but I've been able to solo as far as complete ToT on Prot War, Guardian Druid, and BrM Monk, with Monk having a VERY hard time with Durumu, requiring legendary ring to meet the DPS.

You don't want to grind for coins in your garrison, the murlocs have a pretty low drop chance. If you have flying, go to Tanaan Jungle and fish pools so that you also get Felblight. If you don't, go to the dock at Wor'var in Nagrand and fish up Fat Sleepers.

Post on wowhead said Sea Scorpion pools on east coast of Spires of Arakk is also a good choice, pools have an increased drop chance for Lunkers and they are instant respawn on that coast. I was averaging ~10-12 Lunkers per 20 minutes, which isn't bad at all. Got my mount over a few days of binge watching a random show.

So I'm farming for the Voidtalon but having zero luck even using realm hopping mods. I'm thinking about shelving it until the next reset.

Anyone know if NPCscan dings on the voidtalon portal?

I don't think NPC Scan works, but there's a macro that will take a screenshot and play Illidan's "You are not prepared" sound file if you hover over it. Needs to be clicked upon any UI reset though.

Code:
/run local f,x = CreateFrame("frame",nil, UIParent);f:SetScript("OnUpdate", function() if GameTooltipTextLeft1:GetText() == "Edge of Reality" then PlaySoundKitID(11466, "master", true); if not x then Screenshot(); x=true; end end end)

cachorrillo92

Neo Member
I have a question. I just play wow few years ago until lv 30 more or less (and i don't remember mostly the experience) and i wonder if play the whole game now it's worth. And if that's the case, ¿Wich is the best server of english language right now? I am spanish, but I am too committed to learn english and i heard that in english servers seems to be still a lot of serious people and a lot of fun. I want to play every days and become part of an active and nice guild.

I played FFXIV too a long time ago, and i enjoyed it a lot, but i encountered its english level too high and overwhelmed and i decided leave it for another time.

I could try again FFXIV but i have always want to play wow and i think that now that legion's will out in two months, could be a nice time to start.

Greetings and thanks, guys.

ampere

I have a question. I just play wow few years ago until lv 30 more or less (and i don't remember mostly the experience) and i wonder if play the whole game now it's worth. And if that's the case, ¿Wich is the best server of english language right now? I am spanish, but I am too committed to learn english and i heard that in english servers seems to be still a lot of serious people and a lot of fun. I want to play every days and become part of an active and nice guild.

I played FFXIV too a long time ago, and i enjoyed it a lot, but i encountered its english level too high and overwhelmed and i decided leave it for another time.

I could try again FFXIV but i have always want to play wow and i think that now that legion's will out in two months, could be a nice time to start.

Greetings and thanks, guys.

I think the game should be pretty easy to pick up nowadays even if you're not fluent in English. Resources like wowhead.com are helpful for more details on spells and quests, but they can be outdated explanations sometimes. Sometimes people are jerks if they see players speaking another language, but if you're making an effort to type in English I doubt anyone will bother you

As far as realms go, it sorta depends if you want to play on a PvP realm (you can be attacked by the other faction in most zones), or a PvE realm, and then which faction you want to play.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us Here's a list of the US servers and their relative population rankings. These rankings are based on raid boss completion, so the population numbers are not absolute, but they are a good indicator of how populated a realm is, and the faction balance of horde/alliance.

erawsd

I think the game should be pretty easy to pick up nowadays even if you're not fluent in English. Resources like wowhead.com are helpful for more details on spells and quests, but they can be outdated explanations sometimes. Sometimes people are jerks if they see players speaking another language, but if you're making an effort to type in English I doubt anyone will bother you

As far as realms go, it sorta depends if you want to play on a PvP realm (you can be attacked by the other faction in most zones), or a PvE realm, and then which faction you want to play.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us Here's a list of the US servers and their relative population rankings. These rankings are based on raid boss completion, so the population numbers are not absolute, but they are a good indicator of how populated a realm is, and the faction balance of horde/alliance.

Holyshit at some of the population disparities there.

cachorrillo92

Neo Member

A lot of thanks man, i didn't know neither of those resources and i think that they would be very useful for me. But some questions.

1 - Neogaf is an international forum, isn't it? I would like choose an europe realm (because i am european and i think if i pick a US realm, maybe i will have ping issues) and i would know if there are european people here too, to play together some day when i will be up-to-date about the game.

2 - I don't have enough clear the pvp concept of the game. What's the point in choose a pvp server if most server are mostly populated by hordes or by alliance? anyone will be able to attack you if there aren´t enough alliance people for do that, right? or pvp is actually between characters of the same faction? or against alliance people from other servers?

For example, here,"Twisting Nether" is classify as pvp server, but there are mostly horde population. I think this would be the best server i could pick, for to be an horde.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

Thanks for your attention.

A lot of zones are cross-realm, your server is connected to other servers. So even if a realm/server is dominated by one faction, you're still going to encounter world pvp (people just attacking you, quest hubs being attacked, world pvp objectives being fought over, faction leaders getting attacked, whatever) when you play.

cachorrillo92

Neo Member
A lot of zones are cross-realm, your server is connected to other servers. So even if a realm/server is dominated by one faction, you're still going to encounter world pvp (people just attacking you, quest hubs being attacked, world pvp objectives being fought over, faction leaders getting attacked, whatever) when you play.

Ahhh, ok ok, then Twisting Nether maybe is classified as pvp because there are other alliance people from other servers walking around the map. I understand more or less now.

Thanks again guys.

Jag

For US, I love my server, Whisperwind (US-PvE). It is one of the original servers and I've been on it since launch. It's not hardcore like Mal'Ganis, but a good mix of casual, raiders and PvP.

ampere

A lot of thanks man, i didn't know neither of those resources and i think that they would be very useful for me. But some questions.

1 - Neogaf is an international forum, isn't it? I would like choose an europe realm (because i am european and i think if i pick a US realm, maybe i will have ping issues) and i would know if there are european people here too, to play together some day when i will be up-to-date about the game.

2 - I don't have enough clear the pvp concept of the game. What's the point in choose a pvp server if most server are mostly populated by hordes or by alliance? anyone will be able to attack you if there aren´t enough alliance people for do that, right? or pvp is actually between characters of the same faction? or against alliance people from other servers?

For example, here,"Twisting Nether" is classify as pvp server, but there are mostly horde population. I think this would be the best server i could pick, for to be an horde.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

Thanks for your attention.

Didn't realize you were EU, yea definitely get the EU version of the game so your ping is better.

Like jaundicejuice said, there is cross realm grouping in some areas so you can see alliance even if there aren't many on your server. You can always try pvp and if you dislike it you can switch. There are a lot of account wide features so even if you got an awesome mount your new character could have that mount too.

cachorrillo92

Neo Member
Ok guys, at the end i have chosen draenor as a realm. Because i am relatively new to the game i prefer more people over pvp, wich i don't know actually how it goes and if it will like me or not. At the moment i am going to create my character in Draenor, level up slowly and trying to understand the game and if in the future i want a pvp realm i will create another character in other realm. But now the mainly thing i want is enjoy and understand the game and the history, find nice people to play with, and find a nice and active guild.

Thanks a lot, and i have subscribed myself at the thread, so i will show up here often.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since class immersion and flavor has been such a focus on Legion, and I've been playing my Shadow Priest and it had me thinking about how ridiculous the Shadow Priest concept is with dual specialization.

'Hey guys, I'm really into Cthulu this week and driving people to losing all concept of a functioning brain. But I'll be back for Mass next week.'

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they better not fucking take my scarlet crusade transmog from me (i'm a hunter) with this low-level mail -> plate thing. its like the only thing i've transmogged to and actually like as a hunter.

Apathy

Probably not a huge deal to some people, but I finally got over 1 million gold. Mind you I am not actively trying and I think I started the expansion with 500 since I switched my main from alliance to a horde paladin I had on my original server.

I don't even log in anymore except to do my weekly tuesday run with the guild and sporadically to get my gold from the table. Don't really sell anything either.

Still 1 million for me, even with using 150k to buy the expansion and buying game time from when we could until August, is pretty nice, and a nice amount for Legion

cdyhybrid

It was unbalanced, but it is much better now.

If you did PvP in the old days, I'm sure we met :D
I did. If you remember an Undead Rogue named Fading in Ixtlan, that was me.

I wasn't in their honor farming groups, but I'd occasionally play some games with Boxer and Wiggy.

Since class immersion and flavor has been such a focus on Legion, and I've been playing my Shadow Priest and it had me thinking about how ridiculous the Shadow Priest concept is with dual specialization.

'Hey guys, I'm really into Cthulu this week and driving people to losing all concept of a functioning brain. But I'll be back for Mass next week.'

Well Disc Priests are supposed to dabble in both Shadow and Light in Legion, so I suppose a badass like the player character could handle diving into the deep end every once in a while without drowning.

v1perz53

Maybe it is my Jewish ancestry, but I have a really hard time buying anything from the AH that I can farm myself, even things that have taken me quite a long time to do so. Like, I farmed all of the Argent Tournament pets personally on a single character, spent the time sitting around farming the Val'kyr pet, all things like that. And it isn't like I'm hurting for gold, thanks to WoD I'm sitting at ~3 million (another one of those "I had 150k at WoD launch and look at me now!" stories), I just can't bring myself to buy stuff like that.

I actually wish I could get over it, because I have so little free time these days I shouldn't be wasting it farming things I could buy for ~10k gold...

ampere

Yea it totally doesn't make sense lore-wise. I mean Undead Holy Priests??? wtf

But it would kinda suck for gameplay if you had to be a 1 spec class, so I get why they didn't do it that way.

I'm at 5,000 gold. i can't stop fucking buying battle pets and none of my auction house stuff is selling

help

Haha, I spent so much gold on TCG pets in MoP. Pretty much have all the pets I can get now, with the exception of some special event pets that cost thousands of USD on ebay

Lomax

Maybe it is my Jewish ancestry, but I have a really hard time buying anything from the AH that I can farm myself, even things that have taken me quite a long time to do so. Like, I farmed all of the Argent Tournament pets personally on a single character, spent the time sitting around farming the Val'kyr pet, all things like that. And it isn't like I'm hurting for gold, thanks to WoD I'm sitting at ~3 million (another one of those "I had 150k at WoD launch and look at me now!" stories), I just can't bring myself to buy stuff like that.

I actually wish I could get over it, because I have so little free time these days I shouldn't be wasting it farming things I could buy for ~10k gold...

Time value of money and all that jazz. I mean, if you enjoy the farming, by all means, do it. But I'm not going to kill 5000 dragons hoping a minipet drops. But sure, stuff like the argent tourny pets are actually pretty time effective for the money. The nice thing about minipets is that they can be resold if need be, unlike basically everything else. So I'm much more likely to drop 20k on a pet because if I change my mind later it will probably still have the value (or more) whereas with mounts I hesitate to spend even 5k unless it's a mount I really want and will use.

sorry to take a dump in the thread, but my wife and I are back ( I haven't played seriously since leading raids in AQ40/OG Naxx-yeah it's been a while) playing on Alliance/Aerie Peak and are trolling around for guild signatures.

If anyone wants to make a throwaway char on the server and give me a message (char name : Jesiah, battletag : rloutlaw#1398

edit I'm set now, thanks.

Question: I got it done,thanks.

JSoup

Banned
It would be awesome if smoke just slowly emanated from Forsaken Priests, like they can wield the power of the Light as Holy and Discipline Priests but it just slowly burns them.

I recall reading a Q&A where Metzen stated that a connection to the Light makes one more aware of the gift of life. For the Undead, they'd be able to feel being undead more clearly. Every crack in their dead skin, every maggot burrowing through old muscle, etc.

Loxley

I'm honestly surprised that armor proficiencies change wasn't made years ago when they ditched weapon skill-levels, it's always felt like a relic from vanilla.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm honestly surprised that armor proficiencies change wasn't made years ago when they ditched weapon skill-levels, it's always felt like a relic from vanilla.
Probably the sort of thing that takes work to change, so you just leave things in a less than ideal state until you can get around to it.

Tarazet

Probably the sort of thing that takes work to change, so you just leave things in a less than ideal state until you can get around to it.

It doesn't even make that much of a difference, you don't get the Plate Specialization buff or equivalent until level 50. Unless you're leveling in dungeons you're probably going to replace every slot between 40-50, sometimes several times over.

v1perz53

I honestly forgot armor proficiencies still existed at all, I don't think I've levelled without heirlooms in 3-4 years. Though to be fair I don't think I've levelled a pre-40 character period in 3-4 years, I've had every class at least at 60 since cata from doing silly things like RAF. Currently have my 100 boost from legion just sitting on my account with nothing to do with it hah.

Maybe when they fix the levelling XP a bit more concretely I'll level a toon without heirlooms again, levelling has just been so braindead for a while now that there was no reason to not use heirlooms and get it over with as quickly as possible. I miss levelling too, I remember right when cata hit making a new alliance char (had been playing horde since TBC, hadn't touched alli since vanilla) and going through the new Westfall and Redridge and absolutely loving the story and quests. But now you do 3 quests by one shotting 30 mobs and you're level 20. Hope they keep going in the good direction to re-balance that like they did recently with some changes.

Tarazet

I honestly forgot armor proficiencies still existed at all, I don't think I've levelled without heirlooms in 3-4 years. Though to be fair I don't think I've levelled a pre-40 character period in 3-4 years, I've had every class at least at 60 since cata from doing silly things like RAF. Currently have my 100 boost from legion just sitting on my account with nothing to do with it hah.

Maybe when they fix the levelling XP a bit more concretely I'll level a toon without heirlooms again, levelling has just been so braindead for a while now that there was no reason to not use heirlooms and get it over with as quickly as possible. I miss levelling too, I remember right when cata hit making a new alliance char (had been playing horde since TBC, hadn't touched alli since vanilla) and going through the new Westfall and Redridge and absolutely loving the story and quests. But now you do 3 quests by one shotting 30 mobs and you're level 20. Hope they keep going in the good direction to re-balance that like they did recently with some changes.

They said that they are reducing the damage that melee characters do under, I believe it was level 50. Over 50 it is unchanged from how it is now. Not sure if that includes Hunters, don't think any class needs it more.

Loxley

I still have a good time leveling characters every now and again. Heck right now I've got a 30-something paladin who I'm leveling with no heirlooms + 90% quest XP with just the occasional dungeon. I set a rule for myself that I have to finish a zone's questline before moving on to another zone as well, it's actually been a fun change of pace from my other heirloomed-to-shit alts who I just rush to level 100.

Eklipsis

I kind of hate the fact that I have more than one toon @100. Can't figure out which one I want to be my main now. My hunter has always been my main but I also have a ret pally and elem shaman @100. My dk and warlock aren't far behind @95 and 93.

With the way the mounts and achievement system works it's made me feel like I want to play a different class. I've also made a rogue but he is only @55 and is on the other faction. I really enjoy playing him and the warrior I've also made on the other faction.

Help me decide...

Top Bottom