• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

howcome when you get stunned in pet battles sometimes it autopasses and sometimes you have to pass yourself

it just happened in the same fight even

If you're stunned and have the ability to swap, it will let you do that. If you're in a condition where you can't do anything (rooted or no pets to swap to, certain abilities that force a pass rather than stun, etc), it will just automatically pass for you. Basically if it does it automatically, you would have had no choices at all. If it doesn't do it automatically, generally your only choice is to swap pets.

If you're stunned and have the ability to swap, it will let you do that. If you're in a condition where you can't do anything (rooted or no pets to swap to, certain abilities that force a pass rather than stun, etc), it will just automatically pass for you. Basically if it does it automatically, you would have had no choices at all. If it doesn't do it automatically, generally your only choice is to swap pets.

Okay that makes sense

ZenaxPure

Blasted Lands

Second this, Blasted Lands is awesome. Oh also slight Legion spoiler
If you plan to play a Demon Hunter at any point in Legion, Blasted Lands is good brush up material because the Demon Hunter class campaign picks up the Loramus storyline from Blasted Lands.

Daniel R

My gf soloed Utgarde Pinnacle heroic for the mount and the 3rd boss dropped Timewarped badges! Unusual bug.

Edit: She kept going and did the last boss as well and got the quest item for 500 badges + timewarped loot. LOL.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My gf soloed Utgarde Pinnacle heroic for the mount and the 3rd boss dropped Timewarped badges! Unusual bug.

Edit: She kept going and did the last boss as well and got the quest item for 500 badges + timewarped loot. LOL.

im trying this

Blizzard reads these forums. Better not tell em anything. :D

And yet they haven't answered my prayers for a beta key.
cry.gif

Lomax

blizzard better be listening about my scarlet crusade gear. i'm a hunter, blizzard. dont take it away from me

They're listening, but they've also very clearly adopted the mentality of things should be the way "they intended" so I wouldn't really hold out a lot of hope. By all accounts the shift to the new xmog system has lead to more restrictions, not less.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man I am loving all these Legion tracks, Russel Brower & Co really knocking this out of the park.
More than anything the music has really cemented just how much I expect Legion to feel like a love letter to WotLK.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Did you post in the blue thread looking for transmogs that might be lost when they switch armor types?

i dont have a beta account.

They're listening, but they've also very clearly adopted the mentality of things should be the way "they intended" so I wouldn't really hold out a lot of hope. By all accounts the shift to the new xmog system has lead to more restrictions, not less.

yeah, seems like it. dumb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's me. Find it hard to go back and play on live because the specs I enjoy playing I find significantly more fun on beta. All I've really done on live since getting beta is my daily garrison stuff.

Though it's funny because the highest level I've reached on beta is only 101. I don't really want to spoil myself on leveling/endgame content so I've just been spending all my time trying out all the specs to see what I like and trying some dungeons here and there. Though I've thoroughly regretted this because a large chunk of people playing beta feel like they're playing classes they have no experience on and running even normal mode dungeons with people like that is terrible.

My main interest with beta is to figure out what I'd be interested in playing for Legion so I can get them ready now. I wouldn't really need beta to get most of that if the pre-launch event was soon but given we still don't have a date on that... There's not much I can do there.

Tenebrous

Spent the last 4 hours camping the Jade Forest Warbringer.

8 kills later, I get a drop. I realm hop for a few minutes, find another Warbringer, and get another drop.

Only the Slate one left. 15 or so left for 300.

8 kills later, I get a drop. I realm hop for a few minutes, find another Warbringer, and get another drop.

Nice. The only mount from them I'm missing is Amber. Have way less mounts than you though.

Is it a decent idea to save WoD battle pets for auction when Legion launches since they have dramatically decreased value right now and there will be an influx of people when the xpac comes out? I got like 5 zangar spores and they barely go for 1.3k now.

Ark

Sorry if it's been revealed already but I had a quick look and didn't find anything; have they announced when the Legion pre-patch is going to go live? I'll have to re-new my sub a week before it does.

Also, listening to some of the Legion music that's been posted is getting me really excited. I haven't been interested in a WoW expansion since WoTLK (the only reason I bought Cata was because I felt like I had to), I really hope Legion is as good as it looks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sorry if it's been revealed already but I had a quick look and didn't find anything; have they announced when the Legion pre-patch is going to go live? I'll have to re-new my sub a week before it does.

Also, listening to some of the Legion music that's been posted is getting me really excited. I haven't been interested in a WoW expansion since WoTLK (the only reason I bought Cata was because I felt like I had to), I really hope Legion is as good as it looks.

Nothing official has been announced. The current rumour is early-mid July I believe.

Zelias

Banned

Damn. I'm like... 10 mounts away from 200 :(

strafer

shit man, do you guys do some kind of ritual before looting, you get mounts more often than I wear socks.

Last mount that dropped for me was the blue drake in Cata.

WoW subreddit has the same damn inane questions every day. I don't know why I torture myself trolling through the lower pages. I don't know if there just isn't a FAQ or something or what, but it's like there's no concept of self-research. Maybe the demographic is just younger kids or something, I don't know.

But you always see:

"What server(s) are good?"
"What class should I play (in Legion)?"
"Is it worth coming back (now)?"

Among others.

Tenebrous

shit man, do you guys do some kind of ritual before looting, you get mounts more often than I wear socks.

Last mount that dropped for me was the blue drake in Cata.

Well I deserve some luck with those two drop mounts, but the meta achieve ones were really fun to do with some guildies.

I only need one more left for the Throne of Thunder meta... Does anyone know how to do "You told us crossing the beams was bad"? I'd genuinely pay with pets for help with that damn thing.

dimb

WoW subreddit has the same damn inane questions every day. I don't know why I torture myself trolling through the lower pages. I don't know if there just isn't a FAQ or something or what, but it's like there's no concept of self-research. Maybe the demographic is just younger kids or something, I don't know.

But you always see:

"What server(s) are good?"
"What class should I play (in Legion)?"
"Is it worth coming back (now)?"

Among others.
Reddit is their research tool I guess. It's pretty dumb but the the number of people who roll on worthless servers is pretty high.

What's up Tomat and scy.

f0rk

Went straight to Outland at 58 cos I wasn't sure what else to do, but a few Alliance guys are murdering everyone in the Thrallmar :(

Yawnny

Went straight to Outland at 58 cos I wasn't sure what else to do, but a few Alliance guys are murdering everyone in the Thrallmar :(

My first time in Outland was about a week ago (never hit 60 when playing vanilla, and hadn't played since).

My god, the ganking.

dimb

Honor Hold is under attack.

I say this all the time but if world PvP isn't going to have any attention paid to it, it should just be removed.

They intentionally funnel level 100's into Outland by having a garrison follower quest reward Halaa Tokens. It goes beyond just the usual Hellfire Peninsula trolling and affects Zangarmarsh sometimes and Outland's Nagrand almost always. You can't do the world pvp quest for Halaa while leveling.

I don't mind the world pvp, even if it is griefing, but then I play pve and can opt in or stay out of it if I want. Also there's no content and hasn't been for a while, what do you expect people to do? They're bored, so they're fucking with lowbies and lowbie quest hubs to either start a fight, or to annoy other 100's by running away at the first sign of resistance only to re-engage when they're not there/looking.

Top Bottom