• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

They didn't show the worst offender, Hunter bows.

Bows look good with it (as do guns), no clipping at all from the few I tested (of course I am sure there are certain bows or cloaks out there that will cause clipping but I don't have a huge selection to choose from on beta).

Unfortunately staves still clip. It's significantly less then it is now but I found it annoying enough to still disable capes on anyone with a staff. Also probably a fairly unique case but the Assassination daggers sheath on your back and cloaks clip through about half the blade when you walk, so that's a bummer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bows look good with it (as do guns), no clipping at all from the few I tested (of course I am sure there are certain bows or cloaks out there that will cause clipping but I don't have a huge selection to choose from on beta).

Unfortunately staves still clip. It's significantly less then it is now but I found it annoying enough to still disable capes on anyone with a staff. Also probably a fairly unique case but the Assassination daggers sheath on your back and cloaks clip through about half the blade when you walk, so that's a bummer.
I wonder if they also kept the quivers in mind when building the bows to not clip.

Would suck if they did that, added quivers, and we were clipping all over again.

Might hit 200 toys before Legion. 5 more DMF ones I can get which will put me at 191, and then a handful of stuff I can get.

And we gave our Arch mount tonight to our Mistweaver.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I may try to go tank for Legion.

If I could get beta I could figure out which looks better, DH or Guardian. cough

Jag

I got that one THE OLD FASHIONED WAY rabble rabble

I still rock "Undying" title on my DK too. I think it sounds cooler than "Immortal" but all my friends with Immortal make fun of me :(

I have 11 toons rocking the Immortal title. I wil never change it (except for the lock with Black Harvest).

f0rk

How helpful is support when trying to recover an account I don't have all the details for? I can only remember vague details on the name and it's on one of two emails I don't have access to anymore. If I give them photo ID are they likely to help?

Also when you recover an account is it merging into just battle.net or can I merge the characters into my current subscription?

ampere

They didn't show the worst offender, Hunter bows.

People play Hunters? I thought they were just a botting class ;P

Unfortunately staves still clip. It's significantly less then it is now but I found it annoying enough to still disable capes on anyone with a staff

Aw bummer. Might be OK for Brewmasters since the staff is frequently on their shoulder instead of sheathed

How helpful is support when trying to recover an account I don't have all the details for? I can only remember vague details on the name and it's on one of two emails I don't have access to anymore. If I give them photo ID are they likely to help?

Also when you recover an account is it merging into just battle.net or can I merge the characters into my current subscription?

They can probably help. If you remember the address and name and have a photo ID that might be enough.

It would likely merge that account into your b.net, and you would probably have to pay the transfer fee to move characters to your other account.

ampere

Aspect of the Fox was pretty funny. Hunters never needed a raid CD to earn them raid spots, and Blizzard gives them a unique and powerful one. At least they got rid of it

ZenaxPure

Aw bummer. Might be OK for Brewmasters since the staff is frequently on their shoulder instead of sheathed

Yeah if you don't have that weapon unsheathed you're playing the game wrong as far as I'm concerned! That said it does bring new problems where it can clip through shoulders/hats (especially on like Gnomes for example), but, since you can disable those it's not that big of a deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Druid's extremely high on my list of Legion mains. Guardian, Feral, and Balance all look good.

Shame about the Druid races. Give me Panda druid.

LowParry

I'm probably going to start playing again. Not sure if I'm going to roll with Holy healing or Assassin Rogue this time around as a main.

Lanrutcon

Got my specs picked out:

Demo Lock
Marksman Hunter
Elemental Shaman (or Resto if I go Balance Druid)
Resto Druid ( or Balance if I go Resto Shaman
Frost Mage

Haven't thought about my Warrior yet.

iirate

Druid's extremely high on my list of Legion mains. Guardian, Feral, and Balance all look good.

Shame about the Druid races. Give me Panda druid.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be my main, as I'm digging all four specs right now. I might even try tanking for the first time. I was a dedicated healer from vanilla through Pandaria, but I learned ele shaman and ww monk last expansion, and learned that I'm pretty good at/enjoy dps as well. Guardian looks great, so I think I'm just going to dive in and see how I feel.

ampere

Gnome druid with badger form for guardian would legitimately make me consider going back to Alliance. I don't think I could resist, even if the gameplay were boring like it currently is

ZenaxPure

Gnome druid with badger form for guardian would legitimately make me consider going back to Alliance. I don't think I could resist, even if the gameplay were boring like it currently is

I still just want gnome druid except their forms are mechs. I'd legit change my feral druid to a gnome if I could be a mech-cat.

Just bought a Tiny White Carp for 11k. I'm at 668 unique battle pets. Please help. I think I have all the pets I want besides Ruby Droplet and Viscous Horror but I'll probably start buying the TCG ones...

carlsojo

Shadow priest is at the top of my list because they look fun as fuck. I was originally going to take a break from my priest but now.. nahhh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may finish off loremaster before Legion hits.

Not raiding at the moment anyways.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be my main, as I'm digging all four specs right now. I might even try tanking for the first time. I was a dedicated healer from vanilla through Pandaria, but I learned ele shaman and ww monk last expansion, and learned that I'm pretty good at/enjoy dps as well. Guardian looks great, so I think I'm just going to dive in and see how I feel.

Yeah, I just really dislike Trolls and Taurens unfortunately.

JSoup

Banned
Just bought a Tiny White Carp for 11k. I'm at 668 unique battle pets. Please help. I think I have all the pets I want besides Ruby Droplet and Viscous Horror but I'll probably start buying the TCG ones...

Get an Ethereal Soul-Trader if there are any spoofed ones left on your AH. Always funny to clog up a raid chat with you getting trade tokens, then have half the raid drop everything and target you to figure out whats going on.

Tarazet

I may finish off loremaster before Legion hits.

Not raiding at the moment anyways.

I did Loremaster already in November. Now I'm working on 100's. I have a Troll Druid, Orc Mage, Troll Shaman, Tauren Priest, Undead Death Knight, Human Warrior all at 100. Working on a Blood Elf Paladin, an Orc Rogue, Blood Elf Warlock, Undead Monk and a Night Elf Druid all in the 90's.

I am generally pretty OK with archaeology, but Seeker of Knowledge just was going to be too repetitive for me.

Tenebrous

Trying out Guardian Druid now... Damn. They're basically Prot Warriors with meaningful choices & interesting ability synergy.

Deciding whether or not to consume Thrash stacks with Pulverize, building rage in a normal way, having the simplicity of Ironfur over the clunkiness of Ignore Pain. Swipe being 360 degrees compared to the small cone of Revenge, a lot more interesting talents, some form of self-sustainability through Frenzied Regen.

Shit, even Swipe as filler is more interesting & less irritating than Devastate because the CD on the base abilities (Thrash/Mangle vs Revenge/Slam) is so much lower that you're rarely going to hit Swipe more than once or twice anyway.

So I decided to change professions....ugh this is going to be annoying and slow. Though much less than before WoD.

Uh, just buy <insert WoD materials here>, and craft whatever you can from level 1-700 at 2-10 levels a pop. Leveled 1-700 alchemy in under 15 minutes for 500g or so.

Shahadan

Uh, just buy <insert WoD materials here>, and craft whatever you can from level 1-700 at 2-10 levels a pop. Leveled 1-700 alchemy in under 15 minutes for 500g or so.

Well no one gives a crap about alchemy and it's eays as fuck to level. It's the one I got rid of :p

I'd like to spend little but for example 200 furs are going for 600g on my server so....
At least I have the tradepost and a fuckload of garrison ressources.

Tarazet

Trying out Guardian Druid now... Damn. They're basically Prot Warriors with meaningful choices & interesting ability synergy.

Deciding whether or not to consume Thrash stacks with Pulverize, building rage in a normal way, having the simplicity of Ironfur over the clunkiness of Ignore Pain. Swipe being 360 degrees compared to the small cone of Revenge, a lot more interesting talents, some form of self-sustainability through Frenzied Regen.

Shit, even Swipe as filler is more interesting & less irritating than Devastate because the CD on the base abilities (Thrash/Mangle vs Revenge/Slam) is so much lower that you're rarely going to hit Swipe more than once or twice anyway.

Also, Druids excel as trash tanks because of Savage Defense. At times, the dodge boost has been so useful as to nearly border on broken (Tortos in Throne of Thunder for example). Also, they get DPS cooldowns.. a standard-issue one with Berserk and an optional one with Heart of the Wild. I used to use that to out-burst our shamans in the opener and make them very upset.

.......................I hate everything right now.

So last Monday, just before reset, I do DS with 2 other people. Experiment 12-B drops, and I roll a 2. The guy that won it rolled an 18. On Tuesday, I solo DS on my Rogue like I do every week, and Life-Binder's Handmaiden drops. I already had it though. Now an hour ago, I join a Garrison fishing group. On my 5th cast, I get a Minnow and the mount drops from it, but I roll a 9. One hour later, that's still the only mount that dropped in a group that's never been under 15.

Fuck everything.

Since my return, I've gotten my warlock to ilvl 668 and my prot pally to 651. Thoroughly enjoying both and never thought I'd like pally tanking but overall it's a very fun class.

Mitigation of damage isn't the 'greatest' per-say so far atleast but it could be because of my gear, I'm only around 300k HP for the time being. I chose my build according to Icy Veins, and seems like aside from Sacred Shield, lot's of Shield of Righteousness spamming (in coordination with Words of Glory).

Lomax

.......................I hate everything right now.

So last Monday, just before reset, I do DS with 2 other people. Experiment 12-B drops, and I roll a 2. The guy that won it rolled an 18. On Tuesday, I solo DS on my Rogue like I do every week, and Life-Binder's Handmaiden drops. I already had it though. Now an hour ago, I join a Garrison fishing group. On my 5th cast, I get a Minnow and the mount drops from it, but I roll a 9. One hour later, that's still the only mount that dropped in a group that's never been under 15.

Fuck everything.

That's why I only solo stuff with mounts I want. I'd rather have my own bad luck be a sure thing than hedge and lose out.

I'm going to continue having my monk as my focus in Legion but I can't decide between brewmaster or windwalker as my main spec. I didn't like brewmaster at first but the changes have grown on me. I guess my biggest issue right now is the artifacts. I'm still not happy with how the brewmaster artifact is displayed on pandaren; lots of clipping. And the windwalker fist artifact is still not displayed while sheathed, and I'm not even crazy about any of the models for it beyond the hulk fist look. Debating on race changing to dwarf for various reasons, too.

I had thought about going guardian druid as my main but instead I want to level one up from scratch so I can enjoy the updated models, instead of seeing it for a short time and going right to the artifact form.

Top Bottom