• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Quickest way to level my professions on my boosted lvl 100?

They were inscription and JC

Might change them tbh, not sure which two are best?

cdyhybrid

Quickest way to level my professions on my boosted lvl 100?

They were inscription and JC

Might change them tbh, not sure which two are best?
You can make Draenor recipes from level 1. They don't have any unique stat benefits anymore, pick whatever you want. Might want to look up the Legion changes to professions before you choose though.

finalflame

I'm considering jumping in the game for the first time, but really want to progressively explore the PvE content, instead of rushing to endgame. Is this still a viable way to play WoW as a new player?

cdyhybrid

I'm considering jumping in the game for the first time, but really want to progressively explore the PvE content, instead of rushing to endgame. Is this still a viable way to play WoW as a new player?
Yes, the quests you do while leveling up were overhauled a few expansions ago. If you want to do raids and stuff at their original levels that will be difficult though.

finalflame

Yes, the quests you do while leveling up were overhauled a few expansions ago. If you want to do raids and stuff at their original levels that will be difficult though.

I don't care so much about the non-endgame raids and such, I just don't want to get the game and immediately boost to 100. I'd like to have the classic MMO leveling experience, going through PvE content, seeing new areas, meeting new people, etc.

I figure with WoW being out for so long now, everyone in the game is basically just rushing through everything to get to endgame or whatever, but my favorite part about MMOs is the feeling of exploring the world and seeing the PvE content with others.

cdyhybrid

I don't care so much about the non-endgame raids and such, I just don't want to get the game and immediately boost to 100. I'd like to have the classic MMO leveling experience, going through PvE content, seeing new areas, meeting new people, etc.

I figure with WoW being out for so long now, everyone in the game is basically just rushing through everything to get to endgame or whatever, but my favorite part about MMOs is the feeling of exploring the world and seeing the PvE content with others.
Yeah, most people just blow through the content and try to get to 100 ASAP. You'll see people out in the world still if you're on a decently populated server. Most grouping while leveling is done for dungeon runs, though. Quests and stuff are largely solo content.

So after Thursday raid last week my guild basically fell apart again (third time this expansion). We've been working on Mythic Archimonde for maybe 3 weeks and haven't been able to burst it down to only get 1 doomfire and several people (our healers mostly) decided that they just wanted to bitch about everyone being bad all of the time instead of helping anyone play better and just in general negativitiy constantly which was driving people to burn out faster then we already were (I nearly fucking rage logged on Tuesday when someone said my doomfire damage was low when they don't understand how a fucking soul cap trinket works) so after several of us expressed to our GM about said negativity and bitchiness 9 or more people left (including all of our healers).

My sub is up in like 2 days and I seriously doubt I'm renewing it. It's far to late in the expansion to recruit people to actually finish out the expansion and down Archimonde as a guild and honestly I don't even care at this point. Almost all of the HFC fights are stupid as hell on mythic generally requiring certain classes on several fights and the dps output between classes and specs is far more unbalanced then ever before and if I'm being honest I never find any of the actual mechanics challenging and they just use far to many instant wipe mechanics.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, most people just blow through the content and try to get to 100 ASAP. You'll see people out in the world still if you're on a decently populated server. Most grouping while leveling is done for dungeon runs, though. Quests and stuff are largely solo content.

You'll see plenty of people with CRZ no matter where you are honestly.

Also most importantly worth mentioning is they recently did a bunch of balance changes/QoL improvements to the low level questing experience so it feels better now. Curiosity got the better of me (and the desire to do some zones I simply sped trough in the past instead of soaking in) so I've been occasionally leveling a dwarf monk and it's been fun. Must have awakened the same feelings in other people because I've actually seen a ton of people out there questing with no heirlooms.

I think I boosted the wrong character. Not enjoying warlock gameplay at all, I feel like a gimped mage. Filed multiple back and forth tickets with the GMs, but they refuse to undo the boost and give it to another character. Feels bad man.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think I boosted the wrong character. Not enjoying warlock gameplay at all, I feel like a gimped mage. Filed multiple back and forth tickets with the GMs, but they refuse to undo the boost and give it to another character. Feels bad man.

They're doing a trial period in legion where you can test out a character before you boost it.

But there's nothing wrong with warlock. They have as much usefulness as a mage.

Case study for why they're doing the test drive thing in Legion for boosts. But you really should do more research if you're not sure you'll like something. Especially if you haven't played it at all before. They've no real reason to undo the boost, if they even can (it wouldn't be easy to do unless you hadn't played at all). Warlocks are totally fine by the way.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Garrisons are boring but fuck do they make you money. I needed some heirlooms and upgrades for a toon on my new server that two toons with proper garrisons on my old one were able to provide in no time flat. Logged into 1200 gold from follower missions on one. I will sort of miss that in 7.0.

Add in a jewelcrafting level 2 hut follower mission each day and you're raking it in.

Funny, I'm feeling the opposite way with my fire mage, though according to my guildies fire's not really 'worth' playing til HFC 4 piece

Probably shouldn't have boosted it lol, the only class I'd never played. Shoulda picked shaman, lol.

Some of the store mounts are really cool though, especially if you're Horde. They aren't worth what they're asking for though.

If the mounts were 5-10 they'd sell like gangbusters, but I'm sure someone at Blizz has worked out the profit margins vs how much they sell for now.

I really want the bug one, because archaeology for the qiraji mount is a biiiiiitch.

Tenebrous

Funny, I'm feeling the opposite way with my fire mage, though according to my guildies fire's not really 'worth' playing til HFC 4 piece

This is Blizzard's biggest shortcoming, both in WoD and in Legion. Classes/specs should be fun to play, and that fun should be enhanced by gear. As it stands, a lot of classes/specs aren't fun to play, and having gear makes them decent as best. They should be decent/good to start with, and great with gear.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This is Blizzard's biggest shortcoming, both in WoD and in Legion. Classes/specs should be fun to play, and that fun should be enhanced by gear. As it stands, a lot of classes/specs aren't fun to play, and having gear makes them decent as best. They should be decent/good to start with, and great with gear.

You had me there until you said it's like that in legion.

It's not like that in legion, secondary stats scale nearly linearly so that specs can be balanced right off the bat and they won't have to be nerfed/buffed when new sets of gear come out.

Tenebrous

You had me there until you said it's like that in legion.

It's not like that in legion, secondary stats scale nearly linearly so that specs can be balanced right off the bat and they won't have to be nerfed/buffed when new sets of gear come out.

It is like that for Prot Warriors. CD on SS & Revenge are so long that, without procs, we can be hitting devastate 3-4 times before hitting anything else. The most common defence of this I've seen is...

"Oh, but that can be fixed with haste."

SHOULDN'T NEED HASTE TO MAKE THE SPEC FUN! Should be fun by default.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Eh, some of it is probably my long melee-only history coming into play, and fire's relative lack of involvement outside of tracking pyroblast crits for combustion.

I should try to learn frost, but that would require changing out all of my crit gear for multistrike, lol.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It is like that for Prot Warriors. CD on SS & Revenge are so long that, without procs, we can be hitting devastate 3-4 times before hitting anything else. The most common defence of this I've seen is...

"Oh, but that can be fixed with haste."

SHOULDN'T NEED HASTE TO MAKE THE SPEC FUN! Should be fun by default.

Who's posed that defense though? Blizzard or fans?

The specs aren't designed to be reliant on gear anymore, so that's just how the spec is designed.

You have a completely different problem, you don't like prot warrior design in legion.

Tenebrous

Who's posed that defense though? Blizzard or fans?

The specs aren't designed to be reliant on gear anymore, so that's just how the spec is designed.

You have a completely different problem, you don't like prot warrior design in legion.

Fans. I see what you're saying.

Not sure how anyone could like a design where a flat-damage filler ability can be hit 3+ times in a row without anything else being usable.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Not sure how anyone could like a design where a flat-damage filler ability can be hit 3+ times in a row without anything else being usable.

But I mean there's also still doing some radical tuning on the beta as of now. Demon Hunters got Eye Beam nerfed by 50% just last week.

Tenebrous

But I mean there's also still doing some radical tuning on the beta as of now. Demon Hunters got Eye Beam nerfed by 50% just last week.

Well Warriors have seen no changes for a while, so I'm not holding much hope. Don't care about numbers, as those will be tweaked... We just need another 1/2 abilities.

Azzurri

Considering Tanks are just destroying everything in PvP and Blizz hasn't done anything about it makes me a bit worried. Plus removing AoE from classes that already have little to none doesn't sit well with me. But I guess will see how it tunes out.

I'm probably gonna main a Rogue come Legion since Melee just dominate in PvP, being a caster is just no fun when melee have ultimate mobility and inst cast everything.

Tenebrous

Considering Tanks are just destroying everything in PvP and Blizz hasn't done anything about it makes me a bit worried. Plus removing AoE from classes that already have little to none doesn't sit well with me. But I guess will see how it tunes out.

I'm probably gonna main a Rogue come Legion since Melee just dominate in PvP, being a caster is just no fun when melee have ultimate mobility and inst cast everything.

If it were one tank being a little OTT in PvP I'd be more worried, but the fact that pretty much all the tanks are ridiculously over the top will surely give Blizzard cause enough to nerf the shit outta them.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure they nerfed some tank pvp damage in the build last week. Might not be where it needs to be but I'm sure they'll keep nerfing it.

Tarazet

Guardian Druid has had two offensive buttons for the entirety of Draenor - one on a CD that can be reset, and one that is infinitely spammable. It stacks a dot up to 3, but that's not exactly the most thrilling thing in the world. Then for snap cone threat you've got an infinitely spammable AoE. For me, it still doesn't get dull because if the rotation is simple, you can concentrate on making sure your raid doesn't get ganked and that you execute the movements, swaps, and your active mitigation as smoothly as possible.

Tenebrous

Guardian Druid has had two offensive buttons for the entirety of Draenor - one on a CD that can be reset, and one that is infinitely spammable. It stacks a dot up to 3, but that's not exactly the most thrilling thing in the world. Then for snap cone threat you've got an infinitely spammable AoE. For me, it still doesn't get dull because if the rotation is simple, you can concentrate on making sure your raid doesn't get ganked and that you execute the movements, swaps, and your active mitigation as smoothly as possible.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/draenor/Roninchaos

The thing I don't get is when I log into that character if says I have 234.

Also, what's this I hear about changing your battle net tag? Zenax, I know you have yours displaying Zenax without the number. How can I do that?

It counts mounts your acharacter can't use. The Simplearmory one is spot on with what you need.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/draenor/roninchaos/collectable/mounts

+8 from stables (235)
+12 from tournament (247)
+8 from Kurenai (255)
+5 from Sha'tari (260)

Plenty of mounts to get with next to no gold spent.

What about people that can do both, though? Keep an eye on a more indepth rotation and still keep upto speed with boss positioning?

On the beta right now, Prot Warr kinda plays just like a slower, less involved Bear... I genuinely don't see the point in it.

ZenaxPure

Also, what's this I hear about changing your battle net tag? Zenax, I know you have yours displaying Zenax without the number. How can I do that?

I forget how you do it now but a week or so ago they offered btag changes. Not sure why it shows me without the number though, I still have a number in my name.

It counts mounts your acharacter can't use. The Simplearmory one is spot on with what you need.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/draenor/roninchaos/collectable/mounts

+8 from stables (235)
+12 from tournament (247)
+8 from Kurenai (255)
+5 from Sha'tari (260)

Plenty of mounts to get with next to no gold spent.

What about people that can do both, though? Keep an eye on a more indepth rotation and still keep upto speed with boss positioning?

On the beta right now, Prot Warr kinda plays just like a slower, less involved Bear... I genuinely don't see the point in it.

I don't think I have it in me to grind the tournament mounts.

For the shatari and the kuranai, how long is the grind?

Strimei

Sounds like we will be getting a lot of Legion news Thursday Night / Friday Morning

Eh...while there are NDAs in place until then, I've heard from a good source that its likely to be underwhelming.

I saw someone theorize that it involves this whole Facebook thing. Those at this summit thing are streamers and Youtubers, and the Facebook thing involves streaming...

Sha'tari Skyguard is maybe a couple weeks.

Shat'ari Skyguard can happen as quickly as you want it to. If you want to stay sane, you spread it out over a couple of weeks. If you literally have nothing else fun to do instead, like rubbing your genitals on a rusty cheese grater, you can grind the rep out in a day. Killing mobs, getting that potion, killing shadow mobs, getting the scrolls to summon those rares/elites/whatevers over and over and over and over. Provided no one else is doing it too. Surprisingly, that area in Terokkar is pretty active. Even the area in Blade's Edge can be.

Top Bottom