• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Looking for help with "You Said Crossing the Streams Was Bad" on EU Horde. Will pay pretty well to get this damn thing done with the help of some folk who know what to do, as it's my last needed MoP raid achieve.

You talking Beta or Live?

I hate playing it on Live.

Live, it's pretty ridiculous low level. It's more stupidly mobile than warrior. I'm just wondering how many dumb things I could do with Dragon Kick and engineer tinkers in more vertical zones.

I don't want to even look at the official forums, the sour grapes on reddit were enough. It's not something I'll personally use, don't use Facebook, but I get why Blizzard would want to use Facebook over something like Twitch or Hitbox (if that's even around anymore). With Twitch they're reaching the audience they already have, with Facebook they're potentially reaching millions of people who aren't existing Blizzard customers and likely don't play games. Enough of Blizzard's existing customers will basically become free advertisers for Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and probably even WoW on FB and reach an insanely large audience. Facebook also probably pushed a mountain of cash in front of the right people to help make this happen. I imagine this will have about as much of an effect on me as Twitter integration did, none at all.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I guess during the stream of the premiere red(black) carpet event, Jesse Cox asked (in euphemisms) how Paula Patton (Garona) felt about guys back in the 90's masturbating over the character she was playing.

wtf

JSoup

Banned
Live, it's pretty ridiculous low level. It's more stupidly mobile than warrior. I'm just wondering how many dumb things I could do with Dragon Kick and engineer tinkers in more vertical zones.

When it first hit live, people figured out a way to stack procs in such a way that you basically had an endless Spinning Crane Kick. So, like, you'd be out in Hellfire and off in the distance you'd see a group of monks pirouetting at high speeds across the land.

cdyhybrid

So I guess during the stream of the premiere red(black) carpet event, Jesse Cox asked (in euphemisms) how Paula Patton (Garona) felt about guys back in the 90's masturbating over the character she was playing.

wtf

Dunno why Twitch nerds being socially awkward would surprise you :p

ampere

wtf

This has to be a joke

Who the hell is Jesse Cox and what is wrong with him???

carlsojo

wtf

Saw him for the first time when Blizzard had him "interview" a developer when they announced the beta. He comes off as so cringey and gross, I can't stand him.

Lomax

Dunno why Twitch nerds being socially awkward would surprise you :p

That's not socially awkward, that's incompetent and at best juvenile. He makes a living as a performer, he was brought to the event to do a job that involves interacting with people, and not for the first time. He's not socially awkward. Saying socially awkward is just a way to imply he somehow shouldn't know better or be held responsible for his behavior.

Now should we be surprised that a streamer tried to be shocking or pandered to his audience? No, that's pretty much what they do all the time. But that's not because they're "socially awkward." It's because as often as not they make a living performing as idiots, and think they can get away with anything (and often do).

cdyhybrid

That's not socially awkward, that's incompetent and at best juvenile. He makes a living as a performer, he was brought to the event to do a job that involves interacting with people, and not for the first time. He's not socially awkward. Saying socially awkward is just a way to imply he somehow shouldn't know better or be held responsible for his behavior.

Now should we be surprised that a streamer tried to be shocking or pandered to his audience? No, that's pretty much what they do all the time. But that's not because they're "socially awkward." It's because as often as not they make a living performing as idiots, and think they can get away with anything (and often do).

I mean, I was going to call him a neckbeard NEET, but I was trying to be charitable.

Milennia

Its a bit weird and out of character for him to just say that on stage like that, hes pretty popular these days playing other games you'd think he would know it was out of line via media training etc.

Guess not, super cringe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of amazing to have stuff like Tracer's butt pose removed and then have something like that go by. Unless he improv'd it which I really doubt.

Tenebrous

Saw him for the first time when Blizzard had him "interview" a developer when they announced the beta. He comes off as so cringey and gross, I can't stand him.

Yup. Watched a vid a month or two back with one of the Blizzard designers, and there's just something about it that irked me... Wasn't sure if he was there to give an honest interview to go down on Blizzard.

Rambaldi

Yup. Watched a vid a month or two back with one of the Blizzard designers, and there's just something about it that irked me... Wasn't sure if he was there to give an honest interview to go down on Blizzard.

He was annoying as shit in that video. All of his humor was super forced and not actually funny at all. I have never seen him on twitch so maybe that's his thing but he's not very appealing to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So far, my only revelations with a Legion main have been 'not DK, not Paladin and not Monk'

He was annoying as shit in that video. All of his humor was super forced and not actually funny at all

I mean, he is a Blizzard game streamer/video producer

Tenebrous

OUQkrbk.png
Victory achieved.

Might actually play the beta now.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The official Blizzard Legion beta key giveaway/contest ends today, June 7, 23:59 CEST. 5200 keys will be sent out. Good luck to those who entered.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
T-Mobile is handing out free Warcraft tickets through their Tuesday's app. I just snagged mine.

strafer

Rösti;205921101 said:
The official Blizzard Legion beta key giveaway/contest ends today, June 7, 23:59 CEST. 5200 keys will be sent out. Good luck to those who entered.

By entered you mean just enable the beta thing in settings on your profile?

frequency

wtf

Jesse Cox was absolutely terrible. Besides the absolutely gross and inappropriate masturbation comments (it wasn't even a question) to Paula Patton, he kept speaking over people in the interviews too. Like when they were talking to Duncan Jones and Duncan Jones was trying to say how well the movie was doing around the world and the record-breaking presales in China but Jesse Cox kept trying to speak over him to say the exact same thing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My only exposure to Jesse Cox was him hosting the Q&A panel last year at BlizzCon and this. So I don't exactly have a favourable opinion of him. Especially with the comments last night, it reflects very very poorly on the community.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Jesse Cox is terrible. Why the fuck did they let him host.

Also, how did Paula respond, did she get the fuck out of there?

I've always been baffled by Jesse Cox having any sort of fan following. I remember hearing about him as this popular streamer or whatever years ago, and was immediately turned off after hearing his voice for literally like 3 seconds. I just don't get it. Like, being physically able to listen to him talk for any amount of time seems like a superhuman feat to me.

Panthers

I've always been baffled by Jesse Cox having any sort of fan following. I remember hearing about him as this popular streamer or whatever years ago, and was immediately turned off after hearing his voice for literally like 3 seconds. I just don't get it. Like, being physically able to listen to him talk for any amount of time seems like a superhuman feat to me.

He was part of the Total Biscuit and Husky Starcraft group. I think that's how he got to be well known.

Rambaldi

I mean, he is a Blizzard game streamer/video producer

I don't watch streamers so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Furthermore, this doesn't excuse his behavior.

But I'm sure he'll show up in another three weeks to do his thing and Blizzard will pretend it never happened.

Passed 160 attempts, 80%+ chance to have seen Mimiron's Head this week. Pretty sure that this is my most farmed mount at this point. Pretty unlucky. I just want to have it so I can move on to focusing on other mount farms.

Jag

Passed 160 attempts, 80%+ chance to have seen Mimiron's Head this week. Pretty sure that this is my most farmed mount at this point. Pretty unlucky. I just want to have it so I can move on to focusing on other mount farms.

Tried for the Voidtalon after the reset, but there were multiple people in several zones all server hopping. I finally gave up.

Garrisons are boring but fuck do they make you money. I needed some heirlooms and upgrades for a toon on my new server that two toons with proper garrisons on my old one were able to provide in no time flat. Logged into 1200 gold from follower missions on one. I will sort of miss that in 7.0.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally hit Best Friends with Nat Pagle after putting it off forever in MOP.

Still don't have enough coins for the mount though. I already have the MOP strider though.

ZenaxPure

I will sort of miss that in 7.0.

Can't say I will to be honest. I'm looking forward to being free of it and just logging on and playing the game. And I say this as someone who enjoys the follower system quite a bit actually, but it's very poorly designed because of how it can be abused.

Lomax

Finally hit Best Friends with Nat Pagle after putting it off forever in MOP.

Still don't have enough coins for the mount though. I already have the MOP strider though.

Unless you're a really hardcore mount collector, just buy pets with coins and flip them. They are each 10-15k depending on the server. A strider recolor isn't worth 15k+

Can't say I will to be honest. I'm looking forward to being free of it and just logging on and playing the game. And I say this as someone who enjoys the follower system quite a bit actually, but it's very poorly designed because of how it can be abused.

I'm not even doing garrisons right now, so heavy on the "sort of". The money and profession catch-up mechanics were nice but that's about it. I'm trying to avoid Draenor by finally getting to and sort of hiding in MoP until Legion comes out.

Top Bottom