• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

New beta build dropping at... midnight. 10 Blizz time but still, this is about the weirdest time I've ever seen for a patch to drop.

Tarazet

What about people that can do both, though? Keep an eye on a more indepth rotation and still keep upto speed with boss positioning?

On the beta right now, Prot Warr kinda plays just like a slower, less involved Bear... I genuinely don't see the point in it.

Just sounds like it's not for you. I do enjoy the more difficult specs when I know the content, and I'm hoping that there will still be something like the current Brewmaster or Blood, that calls for and rewards finesse while severely punishing bad play. There's always good fun in showing you know your stuff and running into people who appreciate what you're doing. But for difficult progression content, I'll always take the good old simple bear. I'd rather not have to manage a tricky rotation and learn a new fight at the same time.

Tenebrous

Just sounds like it's not for you. I do enjoy the more difficult specs when I know the content, and I'm hoping that there will still be something like the current Brewmaster or Blood, that calls for and rewards finesse while severely punishing bad play. There's always good fun in showing you know your stuff and running into people who appreciate what you're doing. But for difficult progression content, I'll always take the good old simple bear. I'd rather not have to manage a tricky rotation and learn a new fight at the same time.

Maybe not. I still have 3 tanks left to test... The Paladin, I've heard very little good about. Monks & DH's? I've no idea at all.

Tarazet

Maybe not. I still have 3 tanks left to test... The Paladin, I've heard very little good about. Monks & DH's? I've no idea at all.

Feedback on beta BRM seems to be that the playstyle isn't quite as cool as it used to be, and there is a serious problem with Stagger damage interfering with your ability to do quests.. so unless they fix it be prepared to play WW out in the world.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They typically have a time where they start getting crazier with beta invites. And I wonder when that's coming. Because pre-patch can't be that far away

cdyhybrid

Kvvc1yg.jpg

Never have to do Spine again ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;

ZenaxPure

Feedback on beta BRM seems to be that the playstyle isn't quite as cool as it used to be, and there is a serious problem with Stagger damage interfering with your ability to do quests.. so unless they fix it be prepared to play WW out in the world.

I've seen a lot of people say that about stagger and questing but I haven't found an issue with it. Granted I haven't done a ton of questing or anything (mostly just bonus objectives and some dungeons).

But yeah, new brewmaster isn't as fun as old imo. At the same time though it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Like I went in expecting a dumpster fire and it was more like... an empty dumpster? I actually don't mind the core gameplay that much, the synergy between the brews and your tiger palm/keg smash is fine but blackout strike pisses me off to no end and their active mitigation brews feel incredibly unrewarding to use.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was watching some beta videos of raid fight testing on Krosus

and I saw Elemental Shaman near the top of a single target fight. That won't last.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am also at the point that I've cut my Legion main down to either Druid(Feral, most likely) or Warlock.

My only concern with Feral is what the demand for them will look like. I don't think they bring the utility Retribution or Enhancement are bringing in Legion for example.

Tenebrous

I am also at the point that I've cut my Legion main down to either Druid(Feral, most likely) or Warlock.

My only concern with Feral is what the demand for them will look like. I don't think they bring the utility Retribution or Enhancement are bringing in Legion for example.

Does feral not have roar anymore? What are rets/enhance players bringing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does feral not have roar anymore? What are rets/enhance players bringing?

Retribution bring blessings and I believe Enhancement got Stormlash back or something similar to it.

I assume Roar is still in, but I think Guardian still has that as well. And I imagine there will be a healthy supply of bears

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
ffs

curse client wont install, can't download the frameworks thing (because I have an updated version)

Anyone know a fix?

Haven't played this in about a year and looking to check it out again. Anyone have one of those bring back a friend code things they'd want to use?

E: My bad, didn't realize they killed this.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guessing 3 raid tiers. After WoD I'm not sure they'd want to make a big deal out of having less than that.

More info on how legendaries will work is nice, looking forward to that.

I would love if they did four raid tiers, or a 3.5 type of thing. Example, in between the 2nd and last raid tier have a raid that's like 2-3 bosses and the drops are all off-set; belt, boots, bracers, cloak, rings and neck pieces.

erawsd

I would love if they did four raid tiers, or a 3.5 type of thing. Example, in between the 2nd and last raid tier have a raid that's like 2-3 bosses and the drops are all off-set; belt, boots, bracers, cloak, rings and neck pieces.

I wonder why they dont do "Ony style" bosses anymore. I guess the world bosses theyve done since mop are suppose to scratch that inch but they feel like such a different thing.

Shahadan

I wish they'd do Onyxia style bosses with a cosmetic only loot table or something. Could be a nice experiment.

I'm guessing power creep is one of the reasons why we don't have multiple tiers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they'd do Onyxia style bosses with a cosmetic only loot table or something. Could be a nice experiment.

I'm guessing power creep is one of the reasons why we don't have multiple tiers.

They've done such a great job of keeping power creep in check so far with the massive gap in gear for HFC from the last tier.

XenodudeX

MMO champ week 2 beta key giveaway just ended. Of course, I didn't win. Don't even know why I bother with these contests. I never win anything lol.

carlsojo

Boosting your DH is an absolute waste. Don't do it. You're already 100 when you exit the starting area.

Oh sorry guys I didn't know that! For some reason I thought you had to use the boost to get the DH to 100. My bad. Maybe I'll use it on a draenei shaman or belf pally.

Peachpies

So I'm raising heroics. We are 10/13. How hard is it to do mythic high maul and BRF in heroic HFC gear?
Highmaul mythic would be like a heroic dungeon and BRF would be like a mythic dungeon. In Highmaul most stuff will die or be almost dead from the ring explosion and if they aren't you have so much more health than when it was current that even the "deadly" mechanics aren't going to kill you unless you keep messing them up. BRF stuff can still kill you but you push through the bosses so fast you don't have to deal with most mechanics or only have to do them once or twice so they are still pretty easy.

Shahadan

Are non-school lunkers really faster than Garrison fishing, or am I just unlucky?

Lunkers are fish you have to randomly get and give to Nat right? I started doing that yesterday, I wish I had done it sooner considering the number of coins required :lol:

Is there anything to know or tips or whatev? I got like 10-12 of them in the last days while doing the fishing achievements but don't know much.

phierce

Highmaul mythic would be like a heroic dungeon and BRF would be like a mythic dungeon. In Highmaul most stuff will die or be almost dead from the ring explosion and if they aren't you have so much more health than when it was current that even the "deadly" mechanics aren't going to kill you unless you keep messing them up. BRF stuff can still kill you but you push through the bosses so fast you don't have to deal with most mechanics or only have to do them once or twice so they are still pretty easy.
This is absolutely true. Mythic HM and BRF are complete jokes with a competent HFC geared squad.

Don't be scared.

Lomax

Are non-school lunkers really faster than Garrison fishing, or am I just unlucky?

Lunkers are fish you have to randomly get and give to Nat right? I started doing that yesterday, I wish I had done it sooner considering the number of coins required :lol:

Is there anything to know or tips or whatev? I got like 10-12 of them in the last days while doing the fishing achievements but don't know much.

I had by far the best luck with Lunkers from pools in Tanaan. Garrison fishing just doesn't reliably drop coins. Now long term if you're going to do the garrison fishing for the turtles anyway, you may as well just get the coins that way too, but it will take a lot longer. You also won't get Nat rep that way if you still need it.

Tenebrous

I had by far the best luck with Lunkers from pools in Tanaan. Garrison fishing just doesn't reliably drop coins. Now long term if you're going to do the garrison fishing for the turtles anyway, you may as well just get the coins that way too, but it will take a lot longer. You also won't get Nat rep that way if you still need it.

Can't be bothered with pools, though. I just want to stand still and watch Dota2... But I have both turtles already. Non-pool fishing doesn't seem too great so far - About 3 in an hour in Tanaan (with 700+400 fishing).

Tacitus_

You can break Hans & Franz if you do too much DPS. Might not be a problem in heroic HFC gear, but in mythic gear we pushed them so fast down that they put in every mechanic at once. Smart Stampers + Searing Plates at the same time was not fun. Or rather, it was hilarious but it was a crapshoot whether we wiped or lived :D

Lomax

Can't be bothered with pools, though. I just want to stand still and watch Dota2... But I have both turtles already. Non-pool fishing doesn't seem too great so far - About 3 in an hour in Tanaan (with 700+400 fishing).

Doing pools I got 10-15 an hour, and it really isn't that much more effort. I did most of mine in one night completely drunk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pug-wise with little direction, Tectus, Imperator, Blast Furnace, Kromog, Maidens, and Black Hand are the only bosses that might givey ou a little trouble.

I did it in a guild run of people I didn't know that were around 720 and it took us a couple times on Kromog due to his little one shot ability.

Top Bottom