• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can't be bothered with pools, though. I just want to stand still and watch Dota2... But I have both turtles already. Non-pool fishing doesn't seem too great so far - About 3 in an hour in Tanaan (with 700+400 fishing).
I was doing it today and was getting like 10 an hour in Nagrand.

Tenebrous

Doing pools I got 10-15 an hour, and it really isn't that much more effort. I did most of mine in one night completely drunk.

I was doing it today and was getting like 10 an hour in Nagrand.

Doesn't seem to be too much difference. I did a reset, and my numbers are...

99x Felmouth Frenzy
353x Enoromous Crescent Saberfish
18x Felmouth Frenzy Lunker

Not sure how many casts, but maybe 90-120 minutes spent just about Zeth'gol. Hopefully I'll get the 82 I need today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting CMs done on Friday then I'm really done until the pre-launch event. Treid to do the raiding thing for a little while, but I need new specs. Not these old ones, Finishing leveling professions on my Warlock today.

Plan to main Warlock for Legion and use Feral Druid for an alt.

With a raid of decent 720 people, both should be relatively pain free. BRF Mythic is a different beast, though.

Highmaul mythic would be like a heroic dungeon and BRF would be like a mythic dungeon. In Highmaul most stuff will die or be almost dead from the ring explosion and if they aren't you have so much more health than when it was current that even the "deadly" mechanics aren't going to kill you unless you keep messing them up. BRF stuff can still kill you but you push through the bosses so fast you don't have to deal with most mechanics or only have to do them once or twice so they are still pretty easy.

how many people do you think would be needed for mythic brf?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Seeing a lot more people in starting/levelling locations now

Warlock, Druid or Priest to boost to 100?

Oh, and any recommended professions?

Foofaraw

Priest. I have no idea how they play now, but I still love my old Disc Priest from Wrath. I have leveled him just a hair into MoP. I boosted a Warrior for Warlords.

I have no idea what or where I'm going to boost my next toon.

Lashley

Cant install Curse client " An error occurred downloading the following resource: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=119637"

:( If I download the file myself it doesn't run either

ampere

I don't have 20, that's why I'm asking. I've got 12-15.

Make an event on openraid or make a group in group finder and just require some HFC heroic ilevel. You definitely want a full group or you'll potentially be having to do the fights as they were done in progress

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate that Tiger's Fury is still in Feral's kit in Legion. I hate that ability. It feels so unnatural in a spec that has issues with weird flow due to Bloodtalons. It's kind of strange to see people complain about Savage Roar being a talent and looking like a strong one because, to me, that's a much better flowing ability than a 30 second cooldown that boosts energy and doesn't feel meaningful whatsoever because the CD is too short to be a big burst move and too long to be a regular rotation move.

Jag

Very different playstyles. Druid has most utility since you can spec 4 (four!) ways and fill any role. Warlock is a good solo class and pets lets you take on things and sometimes even cheese mechanics. Priest also has some decent utility since healers are always in short supply.

I have every class at 100, but it's never a bad idea to have a fully leveled druid. Pick the playstyle that is most fun for you since that's the point of the game! I don't like feral dps and prefer ranged classes. But that's just my personal preference. Which is why I'll use my druid more as a tank than dps.

Professions wise, if you are looking for profit, you can go 2x gather or 1xgather/1xcrafting. You can also choose the profession that suits your main class.

I personally love engineering for the toys and quality of life items (ie: Bank, repairs, mailbox, gliders, speed boosts, etc).

Lashley

Very different playstyles. Druid has most utility since you can spec 4 (four!) ways and fill any role. Warlock is a good solo class and pets lets you take on things and sometimes even cheese mechanics. Priest also has some decent utility since healers are always in short supply.

I have every class at 100, but it's never a bad idea to have a fully leveled druid. Pick the playstyle that is most fun for you since that's the point of the game! I don't like feral dps and prefer ranged classes. But that's just my personal preference. Which is why I'll use my druid more as a tank than dps.

Professions wise, if you are looking for profit, you can go 2x gather or 1xgather/1xcrafting. You can also choose the profession that suits your main class.

I personally love engineering for the toys and quality of life items (ie: Bank, repairs, mailbox, gliders, speed boosts, etc).
Druid it is!

Mainly want money.

Is Skinning viable? Might go skinning and Mining/Herb

f0rk

Should I go to Northrend right at 68? I assume they've retuned it since Cata in the same way as Outland so you fly through?

Jag

I've got a Tauren Druid at 40, might use it on him. Not sure if its a good race for a Druid.

Probably the most popular Druid race for Horde.

Mainly want money.

Is Skinning viable? Might go skinning and Mining/Herb

I assume this is for Legion since WoD is over and professions are saturated now. It's tough to tell right now which professions will be more profitable than others. Gathering is always guaranteed cash since mats sell. You also get the benefit of added experience while leveling.

Skinning was the least popular historically, which meant that skins and the unique skins sold better than mining or herbing stuff. There was also less demand since skins didn't have 2 professions that used it like mining and herbing. I would park my skinner at popular locations during leveling and just pick off all the dead animals, dragons, etc. and sell the skins. Made decent cash that way during Cata. There will always be quests in every zone that kill skinnable animals. I'm guessing that's by design. Just look for Nessignwary :D Pretty sure you can skin in flight form too which would make ninja skinning soooo much faster.

If you plan on gathering on your bird at 110, Druids can herb in flight form, but not mine for whatever that is worth. My druid is a miner/JC, so its not an issue, but being able to snatch herbs before mobs hit you is fun too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Druid's probably look like the safest bet in Legion right now. Positive praise for all four specs in beta.

I used my WoD boost on a druid but he's still like 91. For some reason It's a class I have a hard time getting into, even though I think they are super cool thematically.

Lashley

Probably the most popular Druid race for Horde.

I assume this is for Legion since WoD is over and professions are saturated now. It's tough to tell right now which professions will be more profitable than others. Gathering is always guaranteed cash since mats sell. You also get the benefit of added experience while leveling.

Skinning was the least popular historically, which meant that skins and the unique skins sold better than mining or herbing stuff. There was also less demand since skins didn't have 2 professions that used it like mining and herbing. I would park my skinner at popular locations during leveling and just pick off all the dead animals, dragons, etc. and sell the skins. Made decent cash that way during Cata. There will always be quests in every zone that kill skinnable animals. I'm guessing that's by design.

If you plan on gathering on your bird at 110, Druids can herb in flight form, but not mine for whatever that is worth. My druid is a miner/JC, so its not an issue, but being able to snatch herbs before mobs hit you is fun too.
Hmm, might go Herb and Skinning on my Druid

My main server is now low pop too :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I used my WoD boost on a druid but he's still like 91. For some reason It's a class I have a hard time getting into, even though I think they are super cool thematically.

I was the same way until I spent more time with Feral.

I loved Balance in BC, but the eclipse bar ruined the spec for me.

Jag

Well, this is a first. In Legion (well, technically patch 7.0) Hunters will be able to venture into Siege of Orgrimmar and gather parts to make their very own Iron Juggernaut pet — in four different colors! To fully discover all the ins and outs of this taming challenge took many hours of searching around SoO, and the rest of Azeroth for that matter. I spent most of the time searching around with Valnaaros from the Petopia forums.
http://eyesofthebeast.com/2016/06/how-to-craft-and-tame-your-very-own-iron-juggernaut/
theironjuggernauts.jpg

WANT!

Lanrutcon

Dude. I was there. Like, exactly there. Then I leveled my Druid last week in a day.

One word: Feral.

Fuck Balance as it currently is. It's the most unfun, convoluted rhythm game bullshit spec I've ever encountered since Vanilla.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Dude. I was there. Like, exactly there. Then I leveled my Druid last week in a day.

Fuck Balance as it currently is. It's the most unfun, convoluted rhythm game bullshit spec I've ever encountered since Vanilla.

oddly enough i did the same thing. i actually dont find it that bad, it might even be interesting if i were serious about it. i just dont do a whole lot of dps.

i wanted to use it as a healer, so balance is the obvious alt spec

carlsojo

Meh playing Feral after playing Rogue is super boring in comparison though. I'm working on my cat right now.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Mainly Q&A stuff I'm guessing. I'm hoping for a lot of info on stuff we don't know the complete answers to, relating to Legion, like patch content plans, how legendaries are found, raid plans etc.

Foofaraw

I've never been able to get into them because I can't see my gear. Not a big fan of being a tree when healing.

I've been very slowly leveling a character through Cata, just so I can read the story for once. I always get impatient and rush. I downloaded Storyline and when ever I can't deal with the grind, I switch to a different alt to bash my head against some dailies. Seems to be working out.

dimb

I've never been able to get into them because I can't see my gear. Not a big fan of being a tree when healing.
You would need to minor glyph into even having access to a cosmetic tree form. Balance has access to Glyph of Stars that maintains their humanoid form.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Friend got beta who doesn't want it because she doesn't want to get spoiled. And can't give it to me since there's no code

fuck you blizz

Just resubbed for the first time in about 9/10 months. Doesn't look like there are any new raids or dungeons. Has there been any new content that I should check out?

I wanted to get back into the swing of things before legion, any recommendations? Got a few lfr geared chars.

Tenebrous

Just resubbed for the first time in about 9/10 months. Doesn't look like there are any new raids or dungeons. Has there been any new content that I should check out?

I wanted to get back into the swing of things before legion, any recommendations? Got a few lfr geared chars.

There's nothing new at all. If you want to raid in Legion, finding yourself a raid team now would definitely be a good thing to do... That aside? Unsub & wait.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Why are there 12(?) dungeons, and only 4 available at 100, 1 available at 105, and all the rest locked behind max level?

I think they're all intended as story devices aren't they? So you get 1 per zone which could explain the 4 at 100. No idea what the 105 one is.

dimb

Which is bullshit.
It'd be nice if the gains were somewhat higher, but I don't really think spamming the dungeon finder is healthy for the leveling experience, particularly on relevant content. The leveling track is super short on Legion. Is it really that painful to not have every dungeon available right away? I would guess there is a desire to have a bigger pool for normal mode dungeons at level cap.

Top Bottom