• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lanrutcon

I clearly dont know what I am doing. Im Level 7, went exploring, died and am now in Nightsong Woods Ashenvale and whenever i come back to life no matter where I go I get killed by a bunch of creatures way too strong to fight against. Im basically trapped.

You have a stone in your inventory. It teleports you. It's pretty critical. Don't worry, you get a mount at level 20 that'll help you run passed things.

Apathy

been having some fun in the beta servers leveling. Definitely finding out which zones are the ones I like and will want to level up when it goes live.

The only problem with beta servers, as tradition every other beta/ptr, people trying to sell trade goods or profession things are ridiculous prices. cant test those things and wish blizzard would make NPC's that sell that shit or profession stuff. I still will never understand people trying to sell things like glyphs for 12,000g on a server where it does not matter and characters are leveling characters and not copy ones

ZenaxPure

I'm pretty sure you need to be subbed to actually get the transmog unlocked though, because the items themselves are in the mail.

Assume he was just talking about general transmog since he mentioned 3 different accounts. But yeah if we're talking movie transmogs you have to log in and open the mail to get those.

Shahadan

As long as it wasn't to turn into a Gnome or Panda, you're good.

No I was a gnome. I got pretty tired of not seeing myself in melee. And male gnomes are ugly anyway.

What races?

Gnome to dwarf. At first a gnome monk was endlessly hilarious with his tiny paws of fury, but since then dwarves went from ugliest race in the game to the best one. And I didn't have one, unlike other alliance races. I'm still tiny, but at least this time spell effects aren't bigger than me so I can see shit.
Also, I can now finally see what the f I'm wearing.

Lanrutcon

No I was a gnome. I got pretty tired of not seeing myself in melee. And male gnomes are ugly anyway.

Gnome to dwarf. At first a gnome monk was endlessly hilarious with his tiny paws of fury, but since then dwarves went from ugliest race in the game to the best one. And I didn't have one, unlike other alliance races. I'm still tiny, but at least this time spell effects aren't bigger than me so I can see shit.

Plate wearing Dwarf? You are good people.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Blasphemy

Shahadan

Oscar

My theater had a fun menu.

IJmj1Pn.jpg

JSoup

Banned
What's the name of the addon that tracks what transmogs you'll unlock come 7.0? Does it track quest rewards? Does it work BoA? Tempted to go on mog runs with my alt-Warriors and buy up all the plate I can find from the AH.

I'd like the name of this addon as well.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My theater had a fun menu.

i love the cinnamon roll and blood of mannoroth. is the blood green too with the melon liquor?

also saw the movie, i really liked it. way better than i thought it would be, but its definitely B-movie quality.

Oscar

i love the cinnamon roll and blood of mannoroth. is the blood green too with the melon liquor?

also saw the movie, i really liked it. way better than i thought it would be, but its definitely B-movie quality.
Yeah the Blood of Mannoroth had a green color to it. Looked fel-tainted for sure.

Zelias

Banned
What's the name of the addon that tracks what transmogs you'll unlock come 7.0? Does it track quest rewards? Does it work BoA? Tempted to go on mog runs with my alt-Warriors and buy up all the plate I can find from the AH.

I'd like the name of this addon as well.
Legion Wardrobe. Yep, it tracks quest rewards, and yes it works across all your characters - item tooltips will state which characters, if any, have collected the visual.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do you mean? In raids?

Yeah. Because no one uses them in raids right now, and if Blizzard's answer to 'We have 4 leather classes and nearly all of them use agility gear' is personal loot, they need to realize nobody in any serious guilds uses personal loot. Shit, pugs don't even use personal loot(which I think is dumb as fuck but I think pug looting rules are set up to fuck everyone but the leader and guildies anyways)

They need to either make it mandatory, which'll get heavy blowback and suck for people gearing trials while stuff's on farm, or they need to make the rewards so good for personal loot that you pretty much have to do it. Which would make it mandatory anyways.
People prefer it that way in randoms, in my experience. You don't think so?

It's fine in 5 mans. I almost never see it in PUG raids.

Lomax

With personal loot becoming tradeable, doesn't it automatically become superior to master loot? What advantage would master loot still have in a guild run?

Lomax

Wait, what? It is?

Well, when I just went to find a source, it says duplicates you get via personal loot will be tradeable, so I guess master loot will still be superior at least early on. They should just make personal loot tradeable completely (or at least have that option be opt in), that would solve the issue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, when I just went to find a source, it says duplicates you get via personal loot will be tradeable, so I guess master loot will still be superior at least early on. They should just make personal loot tradeable completely (or at least have that option be opt in), that would solve the issue.

All that would do is repeat the same thing that would happen if it was on Master Loot

DPS A gets tier token
RL: "Give tank/lead your token or Gkick"

Lomax

All that would do is repeat the same thing that would happen if it was on Master Loot

DPS A gets tier token

Well yeah, that part would be the same. But with personal loot, in theory your drop rate would be more tailored to your raid comp, which would make it superior.

hiryu

So, I just started playing again after not having played since about 2 months after Draenor came out. I preordered legion and lvl boosted a brand new monk to 100.

Any suggestions on what I should do until Legion comes out? The game is pretty overwhelming now. Once Legion releases I will be starting a Demon Hunter but I want to play until then as well.

I also have a lvl 100 rogue and warrior, lvl 92 DK and Paladin, lvl 85 Warlock and Shaman, and a lvl 80 mage.

I'm guessing I should start exploring Tanaan but I'm open to any suggestions on some fun stuff to try.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

i dont think it works like you think. i think you have to currently have it in your inventory for that to work.

i have yet to see something that allows me to trade "duplicate" gear at all because i usually vendor everything im not using from dungeons. and i get the same gear over and over

i think personal loot should be forced if a certain %age of the raid group is not of the same guild. guild groups should only be allowed to change loot rules

ampere

DPS A gets tier token

That was basically what we did in HFC with trash drops since they made those personal loot.

If they want more people to use personal loot they should just continue to refine the system and make it better, but they definitely should not get rid of master loot. Sometimes you lose a tank or a healer and a raider needs to swap toons and quickly gear it up, this would be pretty terrible without the power of master loot.

Top Bottom