• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

i dont think it works like you think. i think you have to currently have it in your inventory for that to work.

i have yet to see something that allows me to trade "duplicate" gear at all because i usually vendor everything im not using from dungeons. and i get the same gear over and over

i think personal loot should be forced if a certain %age of the raid group is not of the same guild. guild groups should only be allowed to change loot rules

It doesn't work that way now, it will work that way in Legion. I initially thought it was open personal loot trading, but apparently it's only trading of duplicate items you already have.

That was basically what we did in HFC with trash drops since they made those personal loot.

If they want more people to use personal loot they should just continue to refine the system and make it better, but they definitely should not get rid of master loot. Sometimes you lose a tank or a healer and a raider needs to swap toons and quickly gear it up, this would be pretty terrible without the power of master loot.

I think a "Master loot with personal loot odds" would be beneficial to most guilds. Or even an "assigned personal loot" where you could flag people on encounters to get the rolls. Continued refinement is definitely needed, I agree. More options is always better.

ZenaxPure

It doesn't work that way now, it will work that way in Legion. I initially thought it was open personal loot trading, but apparently it's only trading of duplicate items you already have.

The bullet point on MMOC said that if the gear you have is the same or lower item level it can be traded. So not necessarily a duplicate item, just an item that is worse for you (based on ilvl).

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm fine with the loot systems that we do have, they all have their advantages.

Personal is great in PUGs because you don't have to worry about shit being ninja'd.
Master Looter is also good for raids with trusted friends/guilds because loot will be handed out appropriately.

However, all of that is nullified if the raid leader is a dick and does shit like changing loot, or just being incompetent.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't really ever see the point to personal loot except in really early on pugs.

If i'm playing with friends or guildies and im on my main, and the personal loot system shoots me an item and I clearly don't need it, but then I can trade it anyway...

Why not just have master loot on in the first place? makes no sense.

cdyhybrid

I don't really ever see the point to personal loot except in really early on pugs.

If i'm playing with friends or guildies and im on my main, and the personal loot system shoots me an item and I clearly don't need it, but then I can trade it anyway...

It's the best loot system for PUGs.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's the best loot system for PUGs.

Right. Early on.

At a point where you start having mythic gear and you want to play with friends and help them gear up but you don't have a full group, I'm not joining a pug with PL. Likewise when I'm solo I'm not joining a pug with PL, since the gear can just go to higher ilevel people and they can just throw it to their friends anyway.

If there's ever a point where the gear could be tradeable, people are just gonna exploit that system and filter the gear to their friends anyway.

cdyhybrid

Right. Early on.

At a point where you start having mythic gear and you want to play with friends and help them gear up but you don't have a full group, I'm not joining a pug with PL. Likewise when I'm solo I'm not joining a pug with PL, since the gear can just go to higher ilevel people and they can just throw it to their friends anyway.

If there's ever a point where the gear could be tradeable, people are just gonna exploit that system and filter the gear to their friends anyway.
If you're leading the group and it's mainly comprised of people you know, it's not a PUG.

Lomax

From experience, loot drama in mid-level guilds can be an annoying stress. Personal loot works well for that, but those guilds like to emulate top tier guilds. And like Blizzard says, personal loot balances out drop rates somewhat if you have class issues. Now, there's so many drops now I can't imagine it's anywhere near as much a problem as it used to be, but I'm sure we can all remember people getting second and third off set tier pieces while waiting for our own piece to drop. If you're still relying entirely on master loot, that's more likely to happen (though the difference is only going to be significant if your raid comp is imbalanced).

Because if you have personal loot on, the drop rates are by character and slanted by group makeup, whereas (presumably) with master loot on, you're just getting an arbitrary number of drops from the loot table. So if you do personal loot and can trade, you get all the benefits of master loot (trading drama aside, which is a different consideration), as well as the benefits of tailored loot drops.

f0rk

Do the Cata leveling areas not start till 80?

Is there anything better to spend 5k gold on than the faster flying training while leveling?

Tarazet

I heard Vashj'ir was bad so I'll go to Mount Hyjal at 80 I think

I've done them both multiple times. Vashj'ir starts out rough but it improves quickly, it's a drop dead gorgeous zone and the story is excellent. I would avoid it if playing any melee character. Hyjal tends to grind your gears after doing it once or twice, because it starts out good and then it drags like crazy.

cdyhybrid

I've come around to the Vashj'ir side. Nice change of pace in scenery and the water stuff isn't super intrusive once you get the mount, IMO.

Zelias

Banned
Vashj'ir is beautiful and is excellent after you get the seahorse. Hyjal has a strong start but dips in quality after that, but they're still both good starter zones.

ampere

Vashj'ir was an interesting experiment, but the controls for swimming are kind of bleh. I do recommend that people do the zone at least once to get the experience though. Artistically it's quite cool.

Tarazet

Vashj'ir was an interesting experiment, but the controls for swimming are kind of bleh. I do recommend that people do the zone at least once to get the experience though. Artistically it's quite cool.

I still go to Vashj'ir for the Obsidium race course. Some of the easiest and most pleasant farming in the whole game.

Monk is a super enjoyable class. Got one to cap recently and have sort of been having fun playing through WoD with it. WW has four interrupts on top of the panda racial, which makes solo'ing through Tanaan pretty easy. You can pretty easily dictate the number of things you want to fight in most instances or shut down a lot of channels no matter how well or how poorly you pull a mob. My favourite dumb thing is using Paralysis on a nearly dead enemy and then telling them a dad joke before finishing them. "Mighty is the wind, but you can also break it. Meditate on this" Touch of Death.

Having flying and a stable in your garrison make a huge difference though. Being able to fly and not having to dismount to gather makes so many things in Tanaan much more tolerable. From herbing to logging to blue bar daily objectives.

Not sure of what to make of the changes to WW and MW in Legion, which is why I've hedged my bets with a Shadow/Disc Priest, but the monk may be my main in Legion. Once the Priest is to cap a Hunter is next though. I wish Alliance had a race as cool as Trolls for Hunter.

Pendas

Banned
Anyone know a group selling challenge modes for around 200K? (Alliance Side) Want to knock out that Mount before Legion and don't have the patience to deal with randoms.

Tenebrous

Anyone know a group selling challenge modes for around 200K? (Alliance Side) Want to knock out that Mount before Legion and don't have the patience to deal with randoms.

Only need Silver for the mount, and Silver is doable with minimal effort with a group of friends/guildies using the HFC trinkets.

Pendas

Banned
Only need Silver for the mount, and Silver is doable with minimal effort with a group of friends/guildies using the HFC trinkets.

Wish I had friends and Guildies on... both are kinda of dead right now :(. If it's that simple I might be able to do it with Group Finder..... right?

Shahadan

Is there some sort of magic add on telling you what pets, achievements, mounts or any rare whatever you can find in a single zone?

Like if I was in Talador and I could just open a window telling me wtf there is to do in it?
It's nearly impossible and unpractical to keep track of everything. I just became aware of some lootable pets.

Zelias

Banned
Is there some sort of magic add on telling you what pets, achievements, mounts or any rare whatever you can find in a single zone?

Like if I was in Talador and I could just open a window telling me wtf there is to do in it?
It's nearly impossible and unpractical to keep track of everything. I just became aware of some lootable pets.
PetTracker can show you pets in your current zone. Dunno about the others though.

ampere

The website simplearmory.com is pretty good. The pet, mount and achievement tabs sort things by zone when it's relevant

Pendas

Banned
So I'm attempting to farm 200K gold before the pre-patch so I can get myself the challenge mode mount / transmogs (I know, I know.. months behind... but I'm an achievement freak who procrastinated)

I'm circulating the following:
1. Tank Ques with Satchel (500G + Medallion Chance)
2. Ore + Felblight Farming (200G Stack / 1.5K per 20)
3. Potion of Treasure Finding (Grim Batol)
4. Potion of Luck (Heart of Fear)
5. Garrison Inn + Treasure Hunting Followers (1 Character only)
7. Cata Raid Farming (8K Per Week)

Any other suggestions what else I can do? Don't want to burn myself out on a few things and looking for some variety. Hopefully I can make it in time! Cross your fingers GAF.

Yeah, something like that for achievements would be nice. Like if there's food sold by a vendor for one of those "Eat 20 Northrend foods" ones, or the /love the critters one.

I'd like to polish some of those off before Legion for something to do, but the amount of travelling and back forth kinda puts me off.

JSoup

Banned

You could get a pile of addons or just your simple armory and WoWHead.
http://simplearmory.com/

ZenaxPure

Not sure of what to make of the changes to WW and MW in Legion, which is why I've hedged my bets with a Shadow/Disc Priest, but the monk may be my main in Legion. Once the Priest is to cap a Hunter is next though. I wish Alliance had a race as cool as Trolls for Hunter.

Personally windwalker in Legion is some of the most fun I've ever had in the game, to the point where I've been tempted to main it over my rogue. In the end I don't think I will (since assassination has a lot of changes I've been wanting for years so it'd seem rude to stop playing it now) but I will be playing the spec a lot.

I've found Mistweaver a lot of fun as well but that is coming from someone who strongly dislikes current MW (as I am not a fan of healers with combo point systems).

oWGisPc.png

eyes almost popped outta my damn head

Personally windwalker in Legion is some of the most fun I've ever had in the game, to the point where I've been tempted to main it over my rogue. In the end I don't think I will (since assassination has a lot of changes I've been wanting for years so it'd seem rude to stop playing it now) but I will be playing the spec a lot.

I've found Mistweaver a lot of fun as well but that is coming from someone who strongly dislikes current MW (as I am not a fan of healers with combo point systems).

So the new mastery, combo strikes, is pretty fun then? I've watched a few different videos, like Bellular's (which I know some here don't like), and the changes look interesting, some weird (Chi Orbit), but it's hard to evaluate them without experiencing them first hand. Looking forward to 7.0 to try it out.

Panthers

Sounds like you will need a few different add ons. I'm sure you can get a separate one for each thing you are looking for.

Top Bottom