• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Aww man, disc is poop? I really want it to work, the atonement mechanic is so much more interesting than bubbles.

Fjordson

Oh and I saw this reddit... xplay preview of WoW (2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQU2PEJm0M
Wow, this is really neat to see
and dat Morgan

Reminds me of Greg Kasavin's original GameSpot review for World of Warcraft, always love watching that https://youtu.be/j6idVDFNZJU

One point he makes that really was a big deal to me when I first started playing (and it's still applicable today tbh)

One of the most striking things about World of Warcraft is that the game takes place in this incredibly huge and seamless world. There aren't any real loading times here at all and in fact just getting to your desktop and into the game is a process that just takes seconds. You can just run around through the world and watch as the scenery changes, as the weather changes, as the lighting changes. All this stuff just happens all around you and the whole thing feels so cohesive and is so rich with detail that you really do feel like you're in this other place.

cdyhybrid

It's a pretty pointless bonus, the catch-up mechanics are as such that you can get any profession to 700 pretty quickly if you don't want to level a toon to 60 before boosting it.
You don't get profession world quests until skill level 300, and mats are much more scarce in Legion, so it's worth considering the profession boost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aww man, disc is poop? I really want it to work, the atonement mechanic is so much more interesting than bubbles.

The Disc mechanic is a fun idea, but it's kind of like Glad spec where I don't know what they're thinking adding it because I don't know how you make it viable without making it ungodly OP. So it's either not good enough or way too good.

ampere

You'll have to try it out. I really dislike the new version, but there are some people who are big fans. It does seem pretty polarizing though.

biaxident

So GAF, I'm assuming the token price isn't going to drop closer to release, only go up right? Just want to know if I should go ahead and buy em up at 44k. Thanks

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm sure some people will like it but it feels way too finicky to me. Maybe with time it'd grow on me, but it felt like there were too many conditions I needed to meet to preform any specific action.
So GAF, I'm assuming the token price isn't going to drop closer to release, only go up right? Just want to know if I should go ahead and buy em up at 44k. Thanks
As interest in the game increases the price will most likely go up. I bought a bunch of tokens now because I don't see the price going down any time soon, although once Garrison gold is nerfed it's hard to know exactly what will happen with the token price.

Tarazet

You'll have to try it out. I really dislike the new version, but there are some people who are big fans. It does seem pretty polarizing though.

The Shadow Mending drawback seems to be misunderstood. It ticks on the target until it has taken X amount of damage from ANY source. So an active tank should take little or no friendly fire. In practically all cases, Shadow Mending is vastly better than using, say, Penance with The Penitent talent.

I've been running a full-on Atonement spec: Schism, PW:S, and Purge the Wicked with Halo as my choice for L90.

biaxident

So what is the status of tanks for legion? I watched the preach vid a few weeks back where he basically said how much he dislikes how they've made tanking and isn't going to tank in legion at all. Just wondering how it feels, I'm probably going DK or warr for legion (fury and frost look awesome) so having a fun tanking off spec would be nice.

ZenaxPure

As interest in the game increases the price will most likely go up. I bought a bunch of tokens now because I don't see the price going down any time soon, although once Garrison gold is nerfed it's hard to know exactly what will happen with the token price.

Prices going up from increased player activity would not last very long, when people see the price of tokens go up other people see easy gold and try to cash in on that. Prices go in waves and when WoD was actually an active expansion those waves were pretty big compared to now (right now those waves are usually +/- 3k gold), the lowest point of all time was around 19k per token but just 2 days before that the price hit up to 27k gold. If 7.0/Legion actually brings a decent chunk of people back to the game (even just short term) prices might rise but they would be followed by a crash as well.

At the end of the day though I can't realistically see prices going up with more people playing the game (in the long term). Those people who quit WoD early on are not coming back to the game with disposable income to spend on tokens. They are probably poor as fuck.

Obviously this is on NA realms, just realized I should have mentioned that anyway though.

phierce

Met a Blizzard employee at work today. We talked for a while. I helped him out a great deal, he hooked me up by putting me on his friends and family list. Hopefully beta will finally be mine!! (He claims I should get beta now)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
regarding price of the token, i would think that when the expansion starts people will want to buy gold to jumpstart their characters in professions etc.

i feel like the token should go down considerably, but that depends on how high it gets before that happens.

biaxident

Token wise I'm paid up through thanksgiving and still have 600k+ left over so if the price radically changes I'll still be alright. If it tanks to 30k or lower i'm good for a year lol.

Lomax

Token prices have been generally trending slightly lower the last two weeks or so (after reaching nearly 50k in the US), presumably the summer effect kicking in. They don't seem to be dropping significantly though. I expect the midsummer event will push them back up slightly, and I can only see them going up again with the 7.0 event and Legion release, but that's hard to say. We've also yet to see what the gold flow is in Legion but generally leveling is a fairly rewarding process in the beginning. But that garrison nerf will hurt for sure, and anyone who doesn't buy Legion may as well quit come the end of August because there's not going to be anything paying for their tokens then. Long term I expect this time next year we'll be lamenting the low prices from this year, just as we're lamenting last year's low prices now. No matter what they do, mudflation is inevitable.

TheYanger

Token prices have been generally trending slightly lower the last two weeks or so (after reaching nearly 50k in the US), presumably the summer effect kicking in. They don't seem to be dropping significantly though. I expect the midsummer event will push them back up slightly, and I can only see them going up again with the 7.0 event and Legion release, but that's hard to say. We've also yet to see what the gold flow is in Legion but generally leveling is a fairly rewarding process in the beginning. But that garrison nerf will hurt for sure, and anyone who doesn't buy Legion may as well quit come the end of August because there's not going to be anything paying for their tokens then. Long term I expect this time next year we'll be lamenting the low prices from this year, just as we're lamenting last year's low prices now. No matter what they do, mudflation is inevitable.

Yeah that's the conclusion I reached when I was hemming and hawing over buying tokens at 45k today. The gold is absolutely there while levelling, it's going to give a lot of people a bump. Garrisons are going away, but overall income from 'normal' sources is inflating as it always does, plus we're at a year of content drought right now, that's not going to happen again any time soon, prices should be going up on average with the xpac for sure imo.

cdyhybrid

Made a Human Prot Pally to slowly level up and experience Alliance quests with.

Well, it was mainly to use the movie transmog items, but there's one problem. Everything clips through the shield. My hair, my cloak, my elbows, and the movie sword all clip through it when it's on my back, and my shoulders clip through it when I'm holding it.

Blizzard pls

Doukou

Is there a cheap way to transfer multiple characters(I saw that you could do a guild transfer but not sure if that would work)
I just want to move to a high pop server since while I've been on Uther for years it feels so dead.

Tarazet

So what is the status of tanks for legion? I watched the preach vid a few weeks back where he basically said how much he dislikes how they've made tanking and isn't going to tank in legion at all. Just wondering how it feels, I'm probably going DK or warr for legion (fury and frost look awesome) so having a fun tanking off spec would be nice.

First off, I think that off specs and alts are going to be harder than ever to keep up. I could be wrong if it turns out that the difference between a fresh 110 and one with 4M Artifact Power isn't as profound as it looks. But, I'm figuring that it will be somewhat like live, where someone in BiS everything is about 10x more powerful than someone who just dinged.

None of the tanks feel as self sufficient as they are on live. DK is the one that may end up having just as much self-healing, but it's tricky to play now and it seems like it will only be more so in Legion.

Ashodin

I might get the Legion CE to continue the tradition of skipping expansion CEs to just have the ones I want (last I got was Cataclysm CE).

That Legion one looks sick as fuck though

Totally maining Ret Paladin again, been my persona since BC.

solaaire

Neo Member
Trying to decide which healing class to play during Legion and I'm having a tough time. Fistweave monks look super interesting but apparently they're scrapping that in PvE so that's a bust for me.

Looks like Discipline priests will fill that offensive healing niche now, and while I like the damage-dealing healer premise, the disc rotation looks fairly boring on paper.

Pally's proximity based healing seems interesting, and I like their new frontal cone AoE heal. I guess I'm leaning towards that so far.

..and the rest of the healers seem pretty homogeneous and boring. Are there any other unique play styles I've missed?

4wwy7xj.png

Quite possibly the largest waste of time I've ever done. Thanks E3 podcasts.

Man, how. WoD Archaeology is so pointless and boring.

Archaeology has always been pointless and boring since Path of the Titans was cut, its just moreso in Mists and WoD. I think the Mists one actually looks worse tbh. The ONLY reason the WoD one is tolerable now is because of flying. Doing Archaeology without flying is pointless.

I guess I can try and become Best Friends with Nat Pagle now? Only fishing thing I havent done besides the garrison turtle mounts and WoD water strider.

Tomorrow I get the Qiraji Guardling pet outside AQ for World Safari and can finally do Midsummer festival, the last thing I need for What a Long, Strange Trip Its Been. I don't think I've ever been subbed during Midsummer. After that I'm probably just done with WoD outside of racking up money for Legion.

Kuntz

4wwy7xj.png

That was surprisingly easy for me compared to MoP (still need 3 pristines urgh kill me) because you can spam archeology missions and instant complete them with the right building. Also the fragments are reaaaally cheap.

Tenebrous

Nudge on this.

Anyone in an EU guild with the Blacksteel Battleboar unlocked? It's the one from defeating mythic Blackhand & whateverthehighmaulbossiscalled in a guild group.

If so, can I pretty please leech off your hard work & grab the mount on a lowbie hunter? Would send gold across via battle pets as a thank you, if you'd like.

4wwy7xj.png

Damn, you must really be out of achievements to chase if you're doing that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The DH set doesn't even look like a compete set... it's like underwear, shoulders and a belt.
Parts of it are not properly rendered in that picture. It is also sort of a shirtless look where the solution for female models is "hmmmm....ahhh...ummm....hmmm....". It's one of the better sets for the tier though.

Tenebrous

Well, I'm attempting it for the same reason I did MoP archaeology and that would be for achievement hunting. But I'm currently at 19070.

At least MoP archaeology gave a cool title - I was glad to finally get mine! Draenor, though... Not sure I can be bothered doing all that for no reward, so credit to all you that can manage it.

Robin64

I'm all for levelling dungeons, I think they are great. It's nice to have that choice. But I'm not sure I like that in Legion, there are mandatory dungeons. Having been questing through Azsuna, I now need to dive into Eye of Azshara to complete the zone and get the Pillar of Creation.

I'm sure it's easy enough, and I'm sure it will be fine, but that's not my issue with it. I think dungeons should be optional, full stop, and serve to enrich the zone they are in. I mean, if I'm not in the mood to do it (and I wasn't last night, when I got there), then my questing/story just stops. I can go elsewhere and start something else, but that's not awesome.

Jag

Met a Blizzard employee at work today. We talked for a while. I helped him out a great deal, he hooked me up by putting me on his friends and family list. Hopefully beta will finally be mine!! (He claims I should get beta now)

Nice. I was friendly with one of WoW original programmers on another forum (has some items named after him) and he hooked me up with Betas over the years. Unfortunately he recently left Blizz.

you can spam archeology missions and instant complete them with the right building.

What? How? Are you using crates to buy missions? I was kind of hoping to use crates to buy frags rather than go farm them. I still need a few arch toys and pets. Just can't get the will up to farm them.

BTW, today's maintenance was changes to rolling restarts.

JSoup

Banned
That was surprisingly easy for me compared to MoP (still need 3 pristines urgh kill me) because you can spam archeology missions and instant complete them with the right building.

Hmm? You mean making the missions that grant fragments as a reward?

Boogdud

While I'm not crazy about some of the changes to the classes, I do like that they're pruning a lot of the abilities and they seem to be really focused on making specs seem unique. They might not be 100% successful, and probably irk some people by shuffling talents into trees that don't make sense (ambush on combat only now? ok), but I have to commend them on refining things.

For instance, I've dabbled in the death knight a few times, always leveling one up each expansion and giving up. Mostly because the class has (imo) been a complete cluster since inception. To me it has always seemed way too convoluted and cumbersome with abilities spread all over the place. It always felt to me like "hit all the buttons, especially the ones that light up" no matter what spec I was playing.

But after messing around with the PTR they've really improved the cohesiveness of the class. Builders, spenders and thematically it's so much more streamlined and fun (again, my opinion). It almost feels like they've taken some queues from Diablo.

Shahadan

I have so many stuff to do still in the old world and on draenor. I still have to do pet battles in tanaan as well and befriend nat pagle =_=

Plz delay Legion thx

Tenebrous

I have 2 WoD rare spawn mounts, 3 Garrison mounts, and 4 MoP world spawn mounts left to get... Oh, and 3 timewalking mounts. Zzzz...

Those aside, I'm done. Legion could launch tonight and I'd be fine with it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have so many stuff to do still in the old world and on draenor. I still have to do pet battles in tanaan as well and befriend nat pagle =_=

Plz delay Legion thx

You need to leave.

Jag

Interesting guide on how to quickly proceed to endgame in Legion.

I'm not in beta, so any information like this is helpful.

odds are good that by the time you hit 110, you’ll be a bit under 800 ilvl. With the crafting economy still young, you can’t find any help there, but there’s one thing to help you out.
There’s a ring you can buy in Dalaran that has an item level of 865 and only requires you to be level 101. It’s only a quarter of a million gold, so grab it. You won’t replace it for a while. Or for a few days if you’re determined enough.

brb, printing gold.

Top Bottom