• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Yawnny

With the massive overhaul to PvP coming with Legion (ie: Honor and Conquest points not being acquired as currency, but as experience to level up), is one still going to be able to purchase legacy PvP seasonal items?

My plan was still to save up and pick up some legacy honor point gear (transmog reasons), but not sure if this will be possible once Legion drops?

ampere

With the massive overhaul to PvP coming with Legion (ie: Honor and Conquest points not being acquired as currency, but as experience to level up), is one still going to be able to purchase legacy PvP seasonal items?

My plan was still to save up and pick up some legacy honor point gear (transmog reasons), but not sure if this will be possible once Legion drops?

Items that were purchased using Honor or Conquest are now available for purchase with Marks of Honor that can be earned from Battlegrounds, Arenas, and Skirmishes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20151959/legion-pre-expansion-patch-ptr-notes-6-14-2016

raYz9pG.png

Tenebrous

Seems like a good system. The mechanics of this new PvP system look fantastic, and might actually get me playing some casual BGs across multiple toons.

Zelias

Banned

Fjordson

The cool part too is they are slowly putting in items to aquire an entire set at once.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=138381/ensemble-brutal-gladiators-plate

Makes it a lot less annoying to have to buy each piece, and I'm assuming they'll stick in pieces like belts/boots/bracers that never made it in for one reason or another. Tier 10 is getting all their pieces in the game as well.
Nice.

That reminds me, I can't wait for the new transmog system. All that bank space, whew.

They should add a Right Shark pet that you trade 3 Left Sharks in for so that the AH wont be flooded with them for 50 copper each and you wont be pissed whenever the mission shows up

Lomax

They should add a Right Shark pet that you trade 3 Left Sharks in for so that the AH wont be flooded with them for 50 copper each and you wont be pissed whenever the mission shows up

Save them, they'll be worth 50g each
in three expansions
just like the Tickbirds are now.

Jusoni

Having resubbed and getting ready for Legion, I've been thinking of what class to main. Haven't really been following all the big changes to classes so I have no idea. Mained a feral in WoD, but the rotation was pretty hard and easy to mess up, so has there been any changes in that alley? Been thinking of rogue since I played it on wotlk. What's the stance on rogues now?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Having resubbed and getting ready for Legion, I've been thinking of what class to main. Haven't really been following all the big changes to classes so I have no idea. Mained a feral in WoD, but the rotation was pretty hard and easy to mess up, so has there been any changes in that alley? Been thinking of rogue since I played it on wotlk. What's the stance on rogues now?

People seem to like Outlaw quite a bit. Assassination is relatively unchanged, and I don't really know what's up with sub.

ALSO Blizz better make sure BM hunter is a competitive spec because I just found out they are making Thok from Siege of Org tameable.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Broken Shore was cool ! I had low expectations but I'm pretty happy with it. PTR continues to be cool.

I still can't do it because it tells me I need to have Legion installed.

I don't know if anyone here is also good at making weak auras, but I've been trying to make one that tracks the shadow empowerment buff that the val'kyr pet from the unholy dark arbiter talent gets and I haven't been able to get it to work (PTR). If anyone else wants to give that a try and does get it to work, let me know.

Robin64

I like that on alts you can say "Skip the Broken Shore intro, just take me to Dalaran". I hope that's not just convinience just for beta and it makes it to live.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I have been able to complete the Broken Shore scenario and complete the follow up quests all the way to
when you teleport Dalaran from Deadwind Pass to Broken Isles
. Though the Dalaran quest is currently very glitched, but a fix ought to be coming soon.

JSoup

Banned
I like that on alts you can say "Skip the Broken Shore intro, just take me to Dalaran". I hope that's not just convinience just for beta and it makes it to live.

On the other side of that, are they going to offer start up gear in the intro that would be good for an under geared alt ala WoD.

ZenaxPure

On the other side of that, are they going to offer start up gear in the intro that would be good for an under geared alt ala WoD.

Unless something has changed recently the only thing you get from the intro quests is a weapon (mostly there because it is a unique transmog) and a pair of gloves from the Karazhan quest (though last time I did the intro on beta for some reason this and the Ulduar quest were missing).

Not really a place to gear up an alt to go adventuring.

ZenaxPure

I mean nothing happened when we got there.

Yeah I figured, just saying that's the end of it anyway. All you missed out on was some demons appearing and a little speech then it abruptly ends (with a placeholder message).

Funny to see it break, I feel like it's the one thing that has worked properly since they implemented it.

Meier

Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this? Ever since getting back into the game 6 months ago or so, I cannot load Kun-Lai Summit. Without fail, I get "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found". With my Hunter, I would try and fly or go in on foot and then it'd re-load me and I'd either fall to my death from my mount or it would just put me back at the zone edge. Annoying, but it was just preventing me from catching a fish.

I made a monk though and have 4 class quests that require me to go there and I simply cannot. I've reported this issue in game many times and never, ever hear back from Blizzard. I posted on the bug forum and someone suggested I do a clean interface... same issue. I'm getting very, very annoyed at it.

The game thinks I'm there so to speak as it has the Zen Pilgrimage Return" function but obviously I'm not. The load bar for the new zone just never progresses at all when it tries to load and then it goes away and I'm still wherever I was before trying.

I did a Scan and Repair thing thinking hey maybe it was worth a shot.. it didn't fix anything.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this? Ever since getting back into the game 6 months ago or so, I cannot load Kun-Lai Summit. Without fail, I get "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found". With my Hunter, I would try and fly or go in on foot and then it'd re-load me and I'd either fall to my death from my mount or it would just put me back at the zone edge. Annoying, but it was just preventing me from catching a fish.

I made a monk though and have 4 class quests that require me to go there and I simply cannot. I've reported this issue in game many times and never, ever hear back from Blizzard. I posted on the bug forum and someone suggested I do a clean interface... same issue. I'm getting very, very annoyed at it.

The game thinks I'm there so to speak as it has the Zen Pilgrimage Return" function but obviously I'm not. The load bar for the new zone just never progresses at all when it tries to load and then it goes away and I'm still wherever I was before trying.

I did a Scan and Repair thing thinking hey maybe it was worth a shot.. it didn't fix anything.
It's a server issue. Have you tried joining a premade group in-game with somebody on a different server and see if that lets you travel to the Summit?

Only other thing I can think of is maybe uninstalling the game and re-downloading it again but I'm not sure if that's something you want to do.

Meier

It's a server issue. Have you tried joining a premade group in-game with somebody on a different server and see if that lets you travel to the Summit?

Only other thing I can think of is maybe uninstalling the game and re-downloading it again but I'm not sure if that's something you want to do.

Interesting, I will try and do that. Had definitely never tried before. And yeah, no interest in uninstalling and re-downloading. I'd quit the character before doing that, heh.

Fularu

Banned
135 pulls on Mythic Archimonde, got him to 8% and the guild calls it quit till Legion

FML, I'll never kill him before the xpac now

Tarazet

People seem to like Outlaw quite a bit. Assassination is relatively unchanged, and I don't really know what's up with sub.

ALSO Blizz better make sure BM hunter is a competitive spec because I just found out they are making Thok from Siege of Org tameable.

Dispatch is gone, but Kingsbane looks like it's going to give Assassination a kind of Colossus Smash burst combo. Not that I think about it, seems like a lot of classes are getting new and fun burst combos.

zugzug

14 months away feeling itch. GAF guild on BDO has burned down. If i did come back I've told myself to stay away from Coilfang Alliance....I've told myself that like 4 times each time I've reupped never listen to myself.

I just ran into what must be a really, really old Blacksmithing profession quest in Ironforge. I'm making and delivering really low-level arms and armor to Loch Modan and Redridge Mountains and getting low level crafting recipes for turn-in rewards. I don't know if it's specific to Dwarven blacksmiths or available to all Alliance blacksmiths but it's kind of cool. Never encountered anything like this playing Horde.

Robin64

There are some Blacksmithing quests in Org too, for some low level recipes. The cool thing is, Legion tells you about them in the "Unlearned" part of the profession window.

There are some Blacksmithing quests in Org too, for some low level recipes. The cool thing is, Legion tells you about them in the "Unlearned" part of the profession window.

I don't know about Legion professions themselves but I am pretty excited about the new profession UI.

Kuntz

On the french version of the ptr they translated the "unlearned" tab as "forgotten" :lol:

I've forgotten new recipes already!

I dropped french localization as soon as they translated the names of people/cities to whatever abominations of a name they are called now. That was for the Dire Maul patch.

Shahadan

I dropped french localization as soon as they translated the names of people/cities to whatever abominations of a name they are called now. That was for the Dire Maul patch.

I remember the outrage. Months of insults are drama on the official forums. :lol:

Top Bottom