• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hopefully any new build actually makes Warriors fun to play.
I've been more excited about playing my Warrior on the PTR than I have been about the class in a long, long time, but I'm guessing that's a DPS vs. tanking thing.

Tenebrous

I've been more excited about playing my Warrior on the PTR than I have been about the class in a long, long time, but I'm guessing that's a DPS vs. tanking thing.

Probably. Are you enjoying fury or arms the most? Fury feels decent, but arms... I just don't get it. So, so dull.

frequency

Right but FF11 is held back by the ps2, by the time they cut that out of the picture they weren't working on the game regardless really. Counterpoint: EQ1 pre-dated FF11, FF11 was even highly based on it, and they upgraded shit every expansion.

I'm not arguing why FFXI didn't update requirements.

You said I would "sure as shit be bitching" if the graphics weren't updated for WoW. I'm using FFXI and my continued time with it to prove that I wouldn't be complaining about it at all because graphics don't mean anything to me.

And so to me, losing performance for graphical fidelity is not worth it. For me. To me. I understand everyone here disagrees. I erroneously made the statement that I wish they would stop upping the requirements and that many also do not care for the graphics over performance. I apologize.

Jag

Farmed 4k Timewarped Badges since Wednesday, leaving just 2.7k more to get so I can buy both the TBC & Wrath mounts before the Timewalking hiatus in Legion. Also pretty much guarantees 300 before the expansion lands.

Happy days.

How many runs to get to 4000 badges??

Tenebrous

How many runs to get to 4000 badges??

Well I was able to hand in the weekly quest twice (I guess because I did one before and one after the reset). The other 3k? About 40-45 runs. I only do them when the tank CTA is up, which is a free 50 badges (75-80 per dungeon).

Already close to the 5k mark for this event.

Reminds me how fucking dumb people can be, though.

Lomax

I'm not arguing why FFXI didn't update requirements.

You said I would "sure as shit be bitching" if the graphics weren't updated for WoW. I'm using FFXI and my continued time with it to prove that I wouldn't be complaining about it at all because graphics don't mean anything to me.

And so to me, losing performance for graphical fidelity is not worth it. For me. To me. I understand everyone here disagrees. I erroneously made the statement that I wish they would stop upping the requirements and that many also do not care for the graphics over performance. I apologize.

I agree that raising the floor beyond a certain point could be a mistake. There's never any harm in raising the ceiling of graphics, it just allows people with more power to make better use of it. I'm glad in that respect they continue to refine the graphics engine. But you don't want people to lose the ability to play well on their existing setups. They need to put good effort into when they put in things like the increased draw range, not making people feel like they have to crank that up. Make it real clear where the old distance was (as default) and let people move it up as they choose. But they should add as a few mandatory graphics improvements as possible at this point. The engine was showing its age ten years ago and it really struggles now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Probably. Are you enjoying fury or arms the most? Fury feels decent, but arms... I just don't get it. So, so dull.
I have a hard time assessing Arms on the PTR. It's growing on me in ways, but the CS window just doesn't feel very rewarding. A good deal of the artifact tree seems like it would help work against that, but it's hard to assess if that will be enough. I think the talent tree is an absolute mess. Instead of pursuing a coherent vision the Arms talent tree feels like a pile up of unneeded compromises for past iterations of the spec. Instead of finding a good half way point to increase activity on the spec we get Focused Rage, which makes Arms feel even more spammy and APM intensive than Gladiator at its worst. Part of the problem is the interaction between Deadly Calm/Anger Management, which feel like they need to be taken together and asking players to spam Hamstring on top of mashing every other button they can reach on the keyboard.

I don't understand how or why Titanic Might exists when it runs contrary to the entire spec being built around resetting Colossus Smash. It is the definitive read on trying to cater to some imaginary person who does not understand the basics of the spec. It looks worse when the two talents it competes against also just feel superfluous. The biggest failing of the Arms talent tree is just that nothing on there is fun or exciting. The 75, 90, and 100 branches should be bringing something but it's just not there. Maybe this is not that different from WoD though, where the excitement kind of capped out at Bladestorm, which is just baseline now. I will say that Arms is extremely satisfying in AoE and cleave situations, but the tools to adjust for single target fights are just super limited. The Focused Rage style of play is a keyboard mashing nightmare, but the other clear path for Dauntless/Fervor/Trauma/Opportunity Strikes falls too far on the opposite spectrum where I might get bored with stuff.

Fury is fun at a very base level, but the spec does not look very flexible because again, loads of talents work against what the spec is doing, or had their path removed during the course of being reworked. So now we are stuck with Frothing Beserker and Reckless Abandon and they sort of lead players down paths that are dead ends or run contrary to how the spec should be played. Wrecking Ball is a problem talent. Probably the strongest ability on the entire tree, and it simplifies things way too much. Your free Whirlwind button lights up and this ability that should feel like it is primarily beneficial to AoE situations also works in single target scenarios. Dragon Roar feels like a maintenance button with a 20 second cooldown. Not really that appealing to me.

I thought I'd have a clearer picture of which spec I'd want to gravitate towards but the changes over the course of the Legion alpha/beta have kind of just made things muddier.

Faith in Fate

Neo Member
Has anyone tried Windwalker or any of the rogue specs in the beta? Outlaw sounds really fun
Legion has me excited to start playing again and I believe those were my only level 100 characters I had and not sure which character to start playing first.

TheYanger

Has anyone tried Windwalker or any of the rogue specs in the beta? Outlaw sounds really fun
Legion has me excited to start playing again and I believe those were my only level 100 characters I had and not sure which character to start playing first.

Windwalker is less bloated in a good way, I enjoy assassination and outlaw both, but roll the bones is irritating from a min/max perspective.

Legion comes with a 100 boost so in theory you can play anything, and you get to try all the sepcs out now before committing to a boost (coming in 7.0).

Rambaldi

I'd just have to say that levels 55-60 are my least favorite. I'm gonna pop an xp potion at 60 and run Ramparts but getting to sixty makes me hate life.

Shahadan

I had a weird dream tonight. I guess it's because I messed with the transmog system a lot yesterday.

So there was this fashion week system in place where once a month there was a random "trend" (like black&red or elvish is cool or whatever) and wearing those colors or a clothes/hairdo combo would grant you fashion points.
There also was a limited consumable people could "throw" at you if they liked your transmog so they could in a way vote for you and make you win more points. There even was a winner at the end of the week for the one with the most votes.

Of course those points could be spent to unlock some transmog unique to this event.

And I don't even give a shit about transmogs.

Westlo

Just randomly decided to listen to Trust Company's "War is Over".... got damn dem memories..... Laintime Korean Undead Warrior PVP Video from vanilla
banderas.png

Faith in Fate

Neo Member
Windwalker is less bloated in a good way, I enjoy assassination and outlaw both, but roll the bones is irritating from a min/max perspective.

Legion comes with a 100 boost so in theory you can play anything, and you get to try all the sepcs out now before committing to a boost (coming in 7.0).

Oh yeah I forgot about the boost, have some thinking to do.
Thanks

Blackage

So did any other hardcore Warcraft fans think when the UK voted to leave the EU "Damn...they just pulled a Gilneas".

Next thing you know we're gonna find out there are werewolves among them!

Boogdud

How are all the caster classes coming along in Legion?

Mage seems the sameish.
I don't like the changes to Lock at all.

Ele, Balance, Shadow?

After seeing the previews I fully intended to dust my old priest off (that was my main in vanilla) and go shadow. After playing it on the PTR it just wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. They did improve on some things imo, as I never really cared for the orb system. It might just be because the numbers pass hasn't been made yet, but it felt very weak to me. I figured since you'll be essentially locked into a spec with artifacting etc, that they'd make the once hybrid dps classes closer to a dps only class but so far it doesn't really seem like it quite yet. There's quite a lot of ramp up, and when you finally get to dump it, it seems really fleeting and underwhelming.

Surrender to madness mini-game is pretty awesome, though it's kind of a gimmick since you'll die regardless of how good you are since it's pretty much impossible to keep up. I'm not really sure what the point is tbh.

I couldn't put my finger on the class when testing it, my wife looked over my shoulder and within 30 seconds said "it just looks like a neutered old affliction lock spec". Good observation.

Also, I was really really hoping they would return to the old mind-flay animation. I always hated the change to the boring 'purple line' from the awesome face-melting bolt it used to be. I thought this was a great chance to go back but no such luck...

Speaking of nostalgia videos (and shadow): Still the best, intro still gives me chills.

Tarazet

I agree that raising the floor beyond a certain point could be a mistake. There's never any harm in raising the ceiling of graphics, it just allows people with more power to make better use of it. I'm glad in that respect they continue to refine the graphics engine. But you don't want people to lose the ability to play well on their existing setups. They need to put good effort into when they put in things like the increased draw range, not making people feel like they have to crank that up. Make it real clear where the old distance was (as default) and let people move it up as they choose. But they should add as a few mandatory graphics improvements as possible at this point. The engine was showing its age ten years ago and it really struggles now.

I thought there was supposed to be a new 1-10 scale, with the current "low" settings being around a 3.

Fularu

Banned
Seriously? I bought one for 300k in the US during WoD

If they really sell for that high you may want to wait until after 7.0 to sell it, since you can then carry and list auctions for up to 9,999,999g 99s 99c
That time is over. Blizzard fixed the duping exploit.

Now they're close to gold cap

Jag

Well I was able to hand in the weekly quest twice (I guess because I did one before and one after the reset). The other 3k? About 40-45 runs. I only do them when the tank CTA is up, which is a free 50 badges (75-80 per dungeon).

Already close to the 5k mark for this event.

Reminds me how fucking dumb people can be, though.

I need 14 CTA runs to get to 4k on my bear. I did 3 and i'm done. I just can't grind that many runs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
9:50AM
/who stormwind

Me & a lvl 60.

Wtf. Man i hate my server and it would cost hundreds to move all my characters. :(

Interfectum

/who stormwind

Me & a lvl 60.

Wtf. Man i hate my server and it would cost hundreds to move all my characters. :(

I moved two of my mains (DK, Hunter, + started new druid) to Sargeras. Stormwind is PACKED!

It really does make the game feel good when there are a ton of other players around.

ampere

/who stormwind

Me & a lvl 60.

I'm not logging on again until 7.0 lol, there's no point.

Maybe your server will perk up again when Legion hits

I moved two of my mains (DK, Hunter, + started new druid) to Sargeras. Stormwind is PACKED!

It really does make the game feel good when there are a ton of other players around.

Yeah they probably need to merge more servers. It's just more fun when there are people around

Bisnic

I'm tempted to do the same, but Legion will make more players come back so maybe it won't be so bad then. Cross realms at least make the outside zones feel a little bit more alive, but i doubt that will be active for Legion zones.

carlsojo

Man maybe I'll start moving my characters over there. I've been looking for a new home for a while.

I'm actually thinking of transferring OFF Sarg just to level, then back after, but it's hard to justify $50 for server transfers -_-. This will be my first time leveling on *such* a high pop realm. At most before I was on Lightbringer and lower pop servers than that for expansion launches. Just from playing the beta Sarg feels like it's going to be a shitshow with 50 people on top of me wherever I move. Especially with the flexible leveling zones.

cdyhybrid

I'm actually thinking of transferring OFF Sarg just to level, then back after, but it's hard to justify $50 for server transfers -_-. This will be my first time leveling on *such* a high pop realm. At most before I was on Lightbringer and lower pop servers than that for expansion launches. Just from playing the beta Sarg feels like it's going to be a shitshow with 50 people on top of me wherever I move. Especially with the flexible leveling zones.
Mobs in Legion are multi-tag within the same faction. Sarg is Alliance heavy so you shouldn't run into any issues with making mobs to kill.

Mobs in Legion are multi-tag within the same faction. Sarg is Alliance heavy so you shouldn't run into any issues with making mobs to kill.

Ooh it's faction based. Makes sense. Yeah that makes things better, there's probably like five Horde on Sarg @_@. Maybe six when Legion launches.

ZenaxPure

Roughly 114 Timewalking dungeon runs of fun if you earn an average 35 TW badges per run. I don't know if that's the legitimate average, I just grabbed that number from Anoregon so...fuzzy math?

You also get 500 for the first dungeon you clear per event which shaves off a lot. More importantly though if you want badges you are doing yourself a disservice by farming them as DPS. That extra 50 you get as a tank or healer for the call to arms adds up very quickly.

Doing only 5 dungeons (for the garrison quest) as a healer or tank will net you about 900 badges per event.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't even care about the badge stuff myself, I just want that fucking rng drop mount. I've wanted an infinite dragon mount since BC, and even though this one looks a bit different it is still super cool.

ZenaxPure

I don't even care about the badge stuff myself, I just want that fucking rng drop mount. I've wanted an infinite dragon mount since BC, and even though this one looks a bit different it is still super cool.

I've pretty much given up on it, RNG hates me. Have done easily over 300 timewalking dungeons since they've added it and I've yet to get it. I have no hope remaining.

Fjordson

Nice breh, my alliance main is on Sargeras also. Awesome server.

And I agree about having other players around. Part of why I love Sargeras, it's pretty much always busy.

Bisnic

Isn't there problems with an "always busy" server when new expansions launch? I mean, won't you have trouble finding your quest monsters if there is dozens of other players doing the same? Not to mention queue times...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Here's the real important question:

Should I race change my Warlock? He's been troll since Cata let you make troll Warlocks, but I want to spread the racial love out a bit. When it comes to level 100 characters I have an immediate interest in playing in Legion, I have two orcs (shaman and DK) and one other troll (Hunter). I have an undead rogue, troll druid, and Tauren pally all between 80-100 as well.

I'm thinking it might be time to change the lock to Undead. I've always liked Undead as casters, even moreso with the model revamp in WoD, and there are still a good amount of helms that don't really look right on troll heads (no, I will not be one of you heathens that plays with helms turned off because there are so many cool looking options.)

Here's the real important question:

Should I race change my Warlock? He's been troll since Cata let you make troll Warlocks, but I want to spread the racial love out a bit. When it comes to level 100 characters I have an immediate interest in playing in Legion, I have two orcs (shaman and DK) and one other troll (Hunter). I have an undead rogue, troll druid, and Tauren pally all between 80-100 as well.

I'm thinking it might be time to change the lock to Undead. I've always liked Undead as casters, even moreso with the model revamp in WoD, and there are still a good amount of helms that don't really look right on troll heads (no, I will not be one of you heathens that plays with helms turned off because there are so many cool looking options.)
I have only come across one Troll Warlock in-game.

Top Bottom