• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tecnniqe

Banned
After leveling a hunter to 60 I feel like I may need to boost it to 100 and prep for Legion with it and leave DH to be for another time >.>

Halp :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Me and my buddy who has also been having bad luck both got our first mythic heirloom trinkets last night (caster dps). Going to try to do some on my Hunter now to get the agi one. Str would be cool too but I'm less concerned about it.

Lomax

In terms of daily profit gathering really wasn't that great. It was convenient though. Not counting work skills it went for me

Missions
Shipyard missions
Barn
Jewelcrafting daily
Inscription daily
Resource collection

That doesn't include the trading post or anything that requires a particular skill. I made 10-15k per character per week just from minimal effort in my four garrisons. If only I could buy Legion with tokens.

I'll be disappointed if prepatch isn't next week tbh.

But ptr doesn't seem ready yet, shit like that unholy talent still using the vanilla abomination model.

like the fist weapon sheathe, right?

Hahahaha.

Ha...

Time to enable that auto sheathe addon again I guess, hope it still works, hope I can delete the sheathe animation's noise because it's going to drive me crazy.

Hex

Banned
Any Horde side guilds that might be making a moose run soon?
Really trying to get my gf the moose before it gets borked, and she can hold her own and has raid experience.
She is ILevel around 710, can heal or DPS.
I am not as experienced, and at around 690 , so I do not mind sitting out if I need to.
She has done alot to help me since I got back in the game, so want to help her.

Shahadan

Tell me about it...

... But for me it's Potion of Luck farming bringing in the majority of the gold. And I can't play WoW until my new GPU arrives, so I'm looking at 2-3 days lost. Damnit...

Yeah I forgot to mention potion of luck. Damn shame but it was inevitable

Tenebrous

Druid will spoil your ability to play any other class. They get flight form, the best sprint ability, stealth, OP self healing, the list just goes on and on.

And that doesn't even touch on their best feature.

Warrior: "Hmm... I fancy healing today. Wonder what class I should try?"
Priest: "Weird! I fancy tanking today! Should I go Paladin or Death Knight?"
Mage: "I wonder what melee DPS is like!"
Druid: "Heh."

Lomax

What do you mean, in terms of gold for vendoring items? Pretty sure it has been nerfed.

Gold drops and item vendor values, yeah. What's "pretty sure"? How much did they drop by? Typically they don't nerf vendor values nearly as hard as they nerf the pure gold drops.

Gold drops and item vendor values, yeah. What's "pretty sure"? How much did they drop by? Typically they don't nerf vendor values nearly as hard as they nerf the pure gold drops.

If you have the beta/PTR you can just check vendor values in the dungeon journal, but here's a sample of items from Spine 25H

Backbreaker Spaulders
20.71.80 -> 15.56.48

Gauntlets of the Golden Thorn
13.86.58 -> 10.41.69

etc

All the trinkets are unchanged though, still 48.21.31.

Weapons off Deathwing took a 10+g hit each. Bosses still drop ~125g though.

Jag

If I'm going long game for Mountacular (I hate you Void Talon), do I have to buy the stupidly expensive WoD mounts like the ones in the Garrison and the Apex sellers?

Tenebrous

If I'm going long game for Mountacular (I hate you Void Talon), do I have to buy the stupidly expensive WoD mounts like the ones in the Garrison and the Apex sellers?

Link your Simplearmoury page, and let's see.

But the answer is almost always no for the 250 achievement.

Tarazet

Shit, those are the low hanging fruit. It would be ridiculous not to.

th3dude

Druid will spoil your ability to play any other class. They get flight form, the best sprint ability, stealth, OP self healing, the list just goes on and on.

And that doesn't even touch on their best feature.

Warrior: "Hmm... I fancy healing today. Wonder what class I should try?"
Priest: "Weird! I fancy tanking today! Should I go Paladin or Death Knight?"
Mage: "I wonder what melee DPS is like!"
Druid: "Heh."

Guys, I can only get so excited.... bah!

Lomax

If you have the beta/PTR you can just check vendor values in the dungeon journal, but here's a sample of items from Spine 25H

Backbreaker Spaulders
20.71.80 -> 15.56.48

Gauntlets of the Golden Thorn
13.86.58 -> 10.41.69

etc

All the trinkets are unchanged though, still 48.21.31.

Weapons off Deathwing took a 10+g hit each. Bosses still drop ~125g though.

Thanks, that's not terrible really. Can't imagine the gold drop amount will stay the same long term but it would be nice if it did.

Are garrisons still going to be a good source for gold after this next patch drops? Figuring out when to reactivate my account. Might do it tonight if this is the last week I can cash in with garrisons.

Man, I feel bad for new players. Especially those who try to heal or tank in quest greens while leveling what's probably their first toon. It can be such a shitty experience because of the randoms they get grouped with and honestly a large part of the problem is the heirlooms and, to a lesser extent, some of the older, non-linear dungeons.

There's already a knowledge gap with experienced players but then heirlooms add a huge ability gap that just increases that gulf. They need to do something like apply timewalking gear scaling to 5 player dungeons to put everyone on even footing gear-wise and make mechanics sort of matter-ish. Just leave the experience bonus on in dungeons and leave the face roll stats for PVE.

Just had a dungeon run in Stratholme where the healer is in quest greens and an asshole ranged dps would pull on top of what the tank was pulling and it would overwhelm the healer. We also managed, multiple times, to trigger the stupid postal workers in the middle of fighting mobs and sometimes bosses, so there were a few wipes. The asshole ranged dps, who contributed to a lot of our problems with the added shit they would pull, tried to votekick the healer because "they weren't up to it". All we needed to do was slow down on the pulls and stagger the incoming damage to a level they could heal at.

I think if everyone was scaled to a gear level appropriate to the dungeon, it might make the experience a bit better for newer players that don't have heirlooms.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Are garrisons still going to be a good source for gold after this next patch drops? Figuring out when to reactivate my account. Might do it tonight if this is the last week I can cash in with garrisons.

It won't be even a fraction of what you make now, but I'm guessing if people go through the trouble of farming garrison resources stuff like profession mats will be easier to get to level up 1-700 than using the Legion stuff to go 1-800.

Also the cloth will be needed as hexweave bags are still going to be the largest bags in the game.

Gold from missions is going away though.

Tenebrous

Well, you miss one Dwarf & two Draenei faction mounts, so there's an easy +3.

You also miss two Primal Egg mounts. They take about 5 mins to get to drop on Isle of Giants, so just go and kill the Dinosaurs on multiple characters to give yourself the best chance of getting the two you need ASAP.

Grand Gryphon is a quest reward, so hey, why not.

That +6 will take you to 200 easily enough.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just had a dungeon run in Stratholme where the healer is in quest greens and an asshole ranged dps would pull on top of what the tank was pulling and it would overwhelm the healer. We also managed, multiple times, to trigger the stupid postal workers in the middle of fighting mobs and sometimes bosses, so there were a few wipes. The asshole ranged dps, who contributed to a lot of our problems with the added shit they would pull, tried to votekick the healer because "they weren't up to it". All we needed to do was slow down on the pulls and stagger the incoming damage to a level they could heal at.

Ok, this is one side of the argument that people really like to get emotional and paint people as aggressors or something.

What about the people who want to use the LFD to go fast? Isn't that what it's there for? A quick competent group? If I'm trying to level my 5th alt as quick as I can, is it my fault Blizzard has made the most efficient way to do that chaining dungeons with strangers as fast as possible? They've fostered this environment and the blame isn't being aimed at them like it should be. When you make the game full of disposable people instead of having to treat them like actual human beings trying to work together as a group otherwise the half hour you spend forming the group in trade and then running to the instance is time wasted, of course people are going to act like assholes.

Why not separate people with heirlooms and people without like they do with people who have locked XP in battlegrounds? So new players can all play together and veterans can play together at their different paces?

For the most part I'd be willing to assume the 'guy in full heirlooms pulling way too much shit' is the outlier, the story you hear about all the time because its more memorable than the 90% of groups that just steamroll a dungeon and carry the one new player who thought it was awesome the whole time.

If this was really a problem and Blizzard really was getting feedback to reflect it, I think there would be something done to limit the amount of newbies in the LFD tool, because it wouldn't be a good experience for ANYONE if it were happening all the time like that.

Jag

Well, you miss one Dwarf & two Draenei faction mounts, so there's an easy +3.

You also miss two Primal Egg mounts. They take about 5 mins to get to drop on Isle of Giants, so just go and kill the Dinosaurs on multiple characters to give yourself the best chance of getting the two you need ASAP.

Grand Gryphon is a quest reward, so hey, why not.

That +6 will take you to 200 easily enough.

I didn't notice I missed the vendor mounts. I'll also go check out the Primal Mounts, didn't know they were good drops.

Grand Gryphon is exalted with Shieldwall which I'm currently working on but is taking forever, even with the farm. I took a break when that was released and I have the bonus rep token too.

So that's an easy 200, but I'm shooting for the 250. Going to have to work on raid and dungeon cheivos.

Tenebrous

I didn't notice I missed the vendor mounts. I'll also go check out the Primal Mounts, didn't know they were good drops.

Grand Gryphon is exalted with Shieldwall which I'm currently working on but is taking forever, even with the farm. I took a break when that was released and I have the bonus rep token too.

So that's an easy 200, but I'm shooting for the 250. Going to have to work on raid and dungeon cheivos.

Definitely.

Also, if you want to avoid spending as much as you can, then you should be brute forcing things like Deathcharger Reins & Anzu/Blue Proto. Not a lot of fun, honestly, but I'd rather redo that than redo the Argent Tournament.

Enjoy that.

Legion Invasion not happening until August 17th.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20175681/preview-demon-invasions-7-13-2016

They also drop Warglaives in this event so that probably means longer than a week of DH early access. Sucks for people like me who preordered the CE. No way of getting these warglaives into my Wardrobe.

Blizzard says there's a workaround for this... All you have to do is buy the game twice! Good deal, huh?

ampere

What about the people who want to use the LFD to go fast? Isn't that what it's there for? A quick competent group? If I'm trying to level my 5th alt as quick as I can, is it my fault Blizzard has made the most efficient way to do that chaining dungeons with strangers as fast as possible?

If you want to pull fast you need to be capable of fully handling any problems it causes on your own. So... if you're a dps and don't know the tank or healer, you better be really geared

Otherwise you're just being a dick

Also I don't think chaining dungeons is the fastest way to level, especially since they removed the bonus experience from the end of low level dungeons that had been added during WoD

Ok, this is one side of the argument that people really like to get emotional and paint people as aggressors or something.

What about the people who want to use the LFD to go fast? Isn't that what it's there for? A quick competent group? If I'm trying to level my 5th alt as quick as I can, is it my fault Blizzard has made the most efficient way to do that chaining dungeons with strangers as fast as possible? They've fostered this environment and the blame isn't being aimed at them like it should be. When you make the game full of disposable people instead of having to treat them like actual human beings trying to work together as a group otherwise the half hour you spend forming the group in trade and then running to the instance is time wasted, of course people are going to act like assholes.

Why not separate people with heirlooms and people without like they do with people who have locked XP in battlegrounds? So new players can all play together and veterans can play together at their different paces?

For the most part I'd be willing to assume the 'guy in full heirlooms pulling way too much shit' is the outlier, the story you hear about all the time because its more memorable than the 90% of groups that just steamroll a dungeon and carry the one new player who thought it was awesome the whole time.

If this was really a problem and Blizzard really was getting feedback to reflect it, I think there would be something done to limit the amount of newbies in the LFD tool, because it wouldn't be a good experience for ANYONE if it were happening all the time like that.

I am using the dungeon finder to level a belf pali quickly on Hyjal. I have a full set of looms for it, played through all of the questing in eversong and the ghostlands and that's it. I have just been exploring the northern part of the eastern kingdom, revealing the map, and leveling my professions while waiting for the queue to pop. I'm not doing any of the questing zones between Ghostlands and the Plaguelands. Once I am done questing in the Plaguelands, I'll just go back to the queue, I just want to get through the 1-60 zones as quickly as possible without actually playing through those zones again for the umpteenth time.

That said, if you get grouped with someone you don't know with greens in a key role like tank or healer, you should probably go at the pace they are actually able to go at in order to make the dungeon run go as smoothly and quickly as possible for everyone. By trying to force a pace as a dps that they could not deal with, all that player did was get aggro the tank decided not to take off of them causing them to die (which is a fair thing for a tank to do if they don't want to deal with your pulls) or, worse, caused partial or complete wipes we would have avoided. It didn't save time, it caused the dungeon to take even longer.

I get wanting to go fast, but not when it's to the detriment of the group.

Tenebrous

The trouble is that the DPS players, if loomed & enchanted, can deal with that pace for way too long. A geared hunter can solo anything & everything upto level 40 & perhaps beyond, so it's unsurprising they take some bad habbits into later levels.

Fjordson

I will say that someone rushing through a dungeon and wiping people is pretty rare for me. There's always at least 2 people or so geared out enough to where they can carry the group at a fast pace.

Lomax

You'd probably make more this week than you would in the month after that.

Edit: three weeks of 7.0 with no event? I'm glad I'm moving during that time because that's gonna suck.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That said, if you get grouped with someone you don't know with greens in a key role like tank or healer, you should probably go at the pace they are actually able to go at in order to make the dungeon run go as smoothly and quickly as possible for everyone. By trying to force a pace as a dps that they could not deal with, all that player did was get aggro the tank decided not to take off of them causing them to die (which is a fair thing for a tank to do if they don't want to deal with your pulls) or, worse, caused partial or complete wipes we would have avoided. It didn't save time, it caused the dungeon to take even longer.

I get wanting to go fast, but not when it's to the detriment of the group.

Right, with this I will actually agree.

The solution here isn't to just pull more than the tank is pulling, the solution is to votekick the tank and try to get one that has heirlooms.

But that solution is fucking stupid and toxic, but it's the only one that makes any sense and is fair to everyone, that is how the game is set up. If I went through the trouble of buying heirlooms so I can go faster, do I not also deserve a tank that can go fast as well? This is a two way street here and a lot of people for some reason feel entitled to be carried by heirloom players and have them quietly sit in the back going at the slower pace without complaint.

If you're new and you don't know what is going on, either don't tank/heal or find a guild.

Tecnniqe

Banned
After spending a day on the PTR I have literally no idea which class to play.

I don't even know where to begin >.>

I went in thinking DH would be my thing going forward but I don't know. PTR today made me more confused about what to play than anything.

Its gonna be a long wait until the patch. Character struggle is real right now.

Hunter was fun to level but getting some big changes, I just cant seem to get into Warlock in the PTR, DH I'm not even sure about, I don't feel the Warrior or Paladin, DK seem alright and got some new cool stuff, Druid perhaps?
>.>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I went in thinking DH would be my thing going forward but I don't know. PTR today made me more confused about what to play than anything.

Hunter was fun to level but getting some big changes, I just cant seem to get into Warlock in the PTR, DH I'm not even sure about, I don't feel the Warrior or Paladin, DK seem alright and got some new cool stuff, Druid perhaps?
>.>

DH isn't on the PTR, do you mean beta?

Respect

>.>

Team windwalker reporting in...August 30th is so far away...

Top Bottom