• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

the transmog system literally frees up over 120 slots for me

Something like that for me I'm sure. Though I'll probably hold onto a few things for sentimental reasons. Not that it matters too much since I'm like 80% sure I'm main switching anyway.

Opened up over a thousand boxes on several toons. Mail system overloaded. All alts full. Formed a 2nd guild bank it's overflowing. Blizz plz.

FFS don't keep it ALL. Most of it's garbage anyway. Though I do have like 2300+ boxes to go through myself before Tuesday o_o

ampere

i need like 500 more pet battle wins in draenor

That achievement was brutal. Still not sure why I did it

So what's the point of void storage moving forward?

Things that Blizzard keeps flip-flopping about regarding its status as a Toy or Not-Toy.

lol, pretty much. Void Storage was a brilliant idea with the advent of transmog, but with the wardrobe it's mostly outdated. I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of it at some point, but at the same time they probably won't because it could cause issues with a returning player

It'll be good for on use stuff of tier stuff that I'll only take out once in a blue moon for shits and giggles and non transmogabble stuff.

Lomax

That pet battle achievement is so stupid. I like pet battles, quite a bit, I do the daily most days, a few others, I have hundreds of level 25 pets and almost 700 pets total. I'm barely over half way on that achievement. Whereas with the apexis one I probably have that done ten times over at this point. It also makes no sense that the crafting achievement isn't account wide. Honestly the entire monuments feature is just half-assed, a shining example of WoD mediocrity.

The only reason I'm even close to 2,000 pet battles is because of the Tanaan rares that I farm nightmare bells and spores on for cash

i've done the draenei girl and erris almost every day for a while now

ampere

That pet battle achievement is so stupid. I like pet battles, quite a bit, I do the daily most days, a few others, I have hundreds of level 25 pets and almost 700 pets total. I'm barely over half way on that achievement. Whereas with the apexis one I probably have that done ten times over at this point. It also makes no sense that the crafting achievement isn't account wide. Honestly the entire monuments feature is just half-assed, a shining example of WoD mediocrity.

Whoever picked the numbers for the pet battle achievements is a dick

Even for dedicated players it's absurd. 500 battles in Draenor would have made more sense

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So i said fuck it and will do demon hunter tank instead..which means the only thing to really do is farm gold. Is firelands still the most braindead way? How many times do you reset before killing the bosses?

Can't really disagree about the monuments.

-----

One thing that cracks me up/has been annoying me lately (again) is the flood of the same inane questions (mostly on the wow reddit) from people returning. Moose stuff (e.g. "Guys I'm sub 700 iLvl, how hard is heroic Arch right now?"), ring stuff, gold stuff, garrison stuff, etc.

Simplest answer is damn bros, should've been playing. Can't just hop in a year+ into the same content patch and expect to be able to get shit done in the last week.

I don't mind seeing these questions in general, but it's over and over again every day for the past few weeks at least.

Lomax

Whoever picked the numbers for the pet battle achievements is a dick

Even for dedicated players it's absurd. 500 battles in Draenor would have made more sense

never forget the achievement for winning 5,000 PvP pet battles

what the fuck

Yeah, it's dumb. Absurd long term achievements are one thing, they can put in an achievement for a million battles for all it matters. But the monuments are what little customization and personalization a garrison can have, and should be indicative of your play style. All that pet battle monument says is you spent dozens of pointless hours grinding an achievement. Not that you like pet battles.

JSoup

Banned
Pointless if a matter of opinion. Everything in the game is pointless, but if you're enjoying your time, you're enjoying your time.

Lomax

Isn't there an achievement for 10,000 World Quests in Legion?

That's like 15 world quests per day over the course of the entire expansion, but then again the pet one is only 3 or so battles per day over the entire expansion. I mean, I'm fine with crazy achievements existing, it's just the pet monument shouldn't have been locked behind one that obscene. I just hope they've put real effort into making basically all the achievements be based on account and not individual characters.

I'm keeping it until i grab the appearance, and then it's trash. Except mogs that TSM lists at close to 1000g which i'll try to sell.

Hit on the right slutmog piece and you could be looking at 500k+. Though I guess the odds of that even in that many boxes is pretty slim.

ampere

Isn't there an achievement for 10,000 World Quests in Legion?

I think the idea with that one is that World Quests are the new thing, so it's like the old 10,000 daily quests achievement. Unless the achievement specifies doing them in the Broken Isles, then that's a bit overkill.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Jumped back to play with a friend and made a new US account where I bought the main game + Legion pre order. My original account was EU and I stopped playing after I hit the level cap in Cataclysm a few days after it was released.

I'm a bit lost (although not as much as I've expected) and still looking for a class to play. I started a Monk (Windwalker), since I like the idea behind the class. I'll probably use the lv 100 boost to get a max level Mage, since it's always been my main. Now a question - should I stick with a Monk or just switch to Combat Rogue?
I'm currently level 19, so I don't have that many skills, but other than the roll and flying kick, both useful for transportation, I feel like monk isn't that great. Maybe it's because it seems like it has less option than a rogue. Does it get better later or should I just reroll while I'm still low level?

ampere

Jumped back to play with a friend and made a new US account where I bought the main game + Legion pre order. My original account was EU and I stopped playing after I hit the level cap in Cataclysm a few days after it was released.

I'm a bit lost (although not as much as I've expected) and still looking for a class to play. I started a Monk (Windwalker), since I like the idea behind the class. I'll probably use the lv 100 boost to get a max level Mage, since it's always been my main. Now a question - should I stick with a Monk or just switch to Combat Rogue?
I'm currently level 19, so I don't have that many skills, but other than the roll and flying kick, both useful for transportation, I feel like monk isn't that great. Maybe it's because it seems like it has less option than a rogue. Does it get better later or should I just reroll while I'm still low level?

It depends if you care about being able to tank or heal. If neither of those interest you, then Rogue might be more fun since you have 3 dps specs to choose from.

Hit on the right slutmog piece and you could be looking at 500k+. Though I guess the odds of that even in that many boxes is pretty slim.

I don't think there's any single piece of transmog that could come out of salvage boxes worth 500k. Most BoE transmog would top out at about 120k for the best stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can't make an accurate assessment of classes at low levels. With the state the game is in there are critical abilities to specs that are locked off until level 80+. This is less of a problem with Legion, and the prepatch that should come on Tuesday will help to make this less of a problem. I would strongly recommend you see how Windwalker feels for you after that. I don't think you'll have a better experience by switching to Rogue though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It depends if you care about being able to tank or heal. If neither of those interest you, then Rogue might be more fun since you have 3 dps specs to choose from.
You can't make an accurate assessment of classes at low levels. With the state the game is in there are critical abilities to specs that are locked off until level 80+. This is less of a problem with Legion, and the prepatch that should come on Tuesday will help to make this less of a problem. I would strongly recommend you see how Windwalker feels for you after that. I don't think you'll have a better experience by switching to Rogue though.
I see. Well, I've spent some time with a Combat rogue back in the day and found it fun - not sure why the monk isn't clicking with me, but I might just switch to combat/outlaw rogue and call it a day. No way I'm getting the first character on an account to lv 80 without heirlooms etc. just to see how a class feels at very high levels. :p

Ashodin

fuuuuuuuuuuck the world quest stuff is amazing and some of it straight cribbing from Guild Wars 2

Finally Blizz realizes how to do questing right

This is going to revolutionize the game, I guarantee it.

Everything sounds amazing and will make stuff hella less repetitive

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I see. Well, I've spent some time with a Combat rogue back in the day and found it fun - not sure why the monk isn't clicking with me, but I might just switch to combat/outlaw rogue and call it a day. No way I'm getting the first character on an account to lv 80 without heirlooms etc. just to see how a class feels at very high levels. :p
I'm not saying you need to level it. On Tuesday the patch will make your monk radically different and give it some of the core abilities it would normally be missing.

Nista

Got one last CM gold to get done this weekend - Everbloom. If any tank or dps would like to help out our group, send me a PM or tell Dragonista-Alleria.

Be really grateful for the assistance, would like to get our guild the battle pet before it goes away.

I don't get how anyone can dislike doing this to everything you fight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmEch1eRXo

...but with a panda.

ZenaxPure

fuuuuuuuuuuck the world quest stuff is amazing and some of it straight cribbing from Guild Wars 2

World quests don't really feel like the event based stuff from GW2 really, they are more in line with bounties from D3 (the UI is actually nearly identical to the D3 UI as well). They're still just quests at the end of the day, just brought to you in a much smarter method than how normal daily quests are. The demon invasions in the pre-expansion event are closer to the event based stuff in GW2.

It's actually kinda funny, in the Q&A Jeremy gave a subtle jab to games like GW2 when talking about event based stuff. He said they like the idea and wanted to do similar stuff in WoW but they want to figure out to solve the problem all those games share which is the fact you can go to the place more or less sit afk and then get the same rewards as everyone else.

Westlo

None of the slutmog goes for high prices anymore.

Relative to what they used to go for

Depends...

According to TSM I bought Vanguard Legplates 1057 days ago for 25k.... atm there is 4 on the AH for 55k-56k....

Bought 2 Jade Legplates for 15k each 618 days ago, now 4 on the AH for 27-28k....

Lofty breastplate 15k... now 33k... legplates are like 1-2k though...

AlanOC91

Now I remember where all my WoW luck went.

QsotMJo.png

Between that and pulling a Spectral Tiger from my WOTLK CE I don't think I'll have anymore luck in WoW again.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got Beta last night. Apparently a wave of invites went out at midnight.

Yup, I noticed I have access this morning too. Looking forward to checking some stuff out later.

Tenebrous

Now I remember where all my WoW luck went.

QsotMJo.png

Between that and pulling a Spectral Tiger from my WOTLK CE I don't think I'll have anymore luck in WoW again.

I know someone in the EU that got Spectral from the Wrath CE. Kept it in his bank for 7 years before giving it to his brother for their birthday. The pair are worth like 9m on EU now, so yeah, kinda nice.

Hixx

Got into the beta too.

Noticed the Broken Shore was now limited to a 5 man? Unless they're testing out the scaling of it. Got the feeling that even if all 5 of us were afk it'd complete itself though.

Trying to do a Hunter Artifact scenario now (it's pretty cool when the servers are working, I have to say) but just keeps kicking me off. Oh well. Got a couple of UI bug reports sent in at least.

AlanOC91

I know someone in the EU that got Spectral from the Wrath CE. Kept it in his bank for 7 years before giving it to his brother for their birthday. The pair are worth like 9m on EU now, so yeah, kinda nice.

I think I'd rather have the 9m :(

I have uhhh...2k gold at the moment? And it's gotten to the stage where I feel like I have to ride the Spectral Tiger due to it's rarity so I haven't been using other mounts whatsoever.

Jag

I think I'd rather have the 9m :(

I have uhhh...2k gold at the moment? And it's gotten to the stage where I feel like I have to ride the Spectral Tiger due to it's rarity so I haven't been using other mounts whatsoever.

Do you have a level 100 and some cheap 650 gear? Go run cata raids and you will get a few thousand more. They are being nerfed a bit Tuesday so I would do it now.

AlanOC91

Do you have a level 100 and some cheap 650 gear? Go run cata raids and you will get a few thousand more. They are being nerfed a bit Tuesday so I would do it now.

Wow a few thousand? Yeah I have two lvl 100s and one with 680 gear. I'm gonna try that!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Another screenshot from the PTR:

This is an example of a low value of console variables farclip and horizonStart that directly control draw distance. Minimum value is 1 (a value less than 1 caused issues anyway), value in image is 80. I previously had it set to 100, but then the ground did not appear foggy. In Warlords of Draenor, end user control of draw distance is much more restricted, so this change is great I think, especially for players with low end systems.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;210074370 said:

This is an example of a low value of console variables farclip and horizonStart that directly control draw distance. Minimum value is 1 (a value less than 1 caused issues anyway), value in image is 80. I previously had it set to 100, but then the ground did not appear foggy. In Warlords of Draenor, end user control of draw distance is much more restricted, so this change is great I think, especially for players with low end systems.

I like this screenshot, it's very nostalgic, looks like it's out of the early 2000's.

Tenebrous

Rösti;210074370 said:

What Morrowind mod is that?

Top Bottom