• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

Anduin knows, doesn't he? And that would imply the Alliance knows.

Not sure though, its been awhile since I read the book.

Anduin might not know the full extent of it but he certainly knows Wrathion had a hand in it. Believe he is the only character still alive that knows about Wrathion's involvement with it all.

Also on the topic of that book Sylvanas' character arc in it was actually really enjoyable. Hopefully they convey that into the game somehow since it will no doubt be what is driving her character in Legion and beyond.

Robin64

I want a scene in Legion where a huge battle seems lost, and then thousands of Scourge come over the horizon led by Bolvar. Unf.

Robin64

And really, get some other seldom-seen races in here helping out. If I don't see the Ramkahen pulling their weight to protect the world, I'll be annoyed with them.

Shahadan

I want a scene in Legion where a huge battle seems lost, and then thousands of Scourge come over the horizon led by Bolvar. Unf.

That won't happen, but honestly, it should. No reason for anyone anywhere to not participate in this conflict, especially not someone that powerful.

But they won't even think of it.
They could save it by proving the Bolvar is secretly Yogg theory, but even that seems doubtful ;(

Weebos

Banned
Anduin might not know the full extent of it but he certainly knows Wrathion had a hand in it. Believe he is the only character still alive that knows about Wrathion's involvement with it all.

Also on the topic of that book Sylvanas' character arc in it was actually really enjoyable. Hopefully they convey that into the game somehow since it will no doubt be what is driving her character in Legion and beyond.

I agree RE:Sylvanas.

I don't really see her becoming a raid boss, at least not in this expansion.

I don't think she is a hero, but I like what they do with her and I hope she sticks around. Her presence would be sorely missed among the Horde's leadership. If they are going to remove her they should at least start buttering up her successor(s).

I guess they could connect the dots between her fear of death and the legion's whole "can't die" thing.

Shahadan

I agree RE:Sylvanas.

I don't really see her becoming a raid boss, at least not in this expansion.

I don't think she is a hero, but I like what they do with her and I hope she sticks around. Her presence would be sorely missed among the Horde's leadership. If they are going to remove her they should at least start buttering up her successor(s).

That's what they started to do with Lilian Voss. I don't know if I should be happy or sad that it got nowhere (for now?)

ampere

:lol

Garrosh did not work at all as a character, but that's cute.

On the other hand, I thought the Thunder King Lei-shen worked well for a new short term villian.

ZenaxPure

On the other hand, I thought the Thunder King Lei-shen worked well for a new short term villian.

I'm still a huge fan of Lei-shen simply because he was like the most successful bad guy in the WoW universe. He crushed most of his enemies and enslaved them, built a big ass wall to help deal with the rest, and then instead of dying at some hero(es) hand the dude simply died to old age. Guy was kind of a badass.

Robin64

Isle of Thunder was a top tier patch. Good raid, good progressive outside world content, and a nice place to just shut yourself off and grind. Covered all bases.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Tanaan Jungle should've been more like Isle of Thunder as we progressed further into the jungle and closer to HFC and such.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Tanaan Jungle should've been more like Isle of Thunder as we progressed further into the jungle and closer to HFC and such.

Tanaan is shit. Absolutely not compelling at all, I got the Pathfinder reps done and have only been back like twice for oil on an alt.

Shahadan

I'm still a huge fan of Lei-shen simply because he was like the most successful bad guy in the WoW universe. He crushed most of his enemies and enslaved them, built a big ass wall to help deal with the rest, and then instead of dying at some hero(es) hand the dude simply died to old age. Guy was kind of a badass.

Well, more importantly, the guy was an abandoned titan creature left with no purpose and found one for himself by going and conquering the same power his creators wielded. The guy litterally imposed his will on creation.

If that's not badass I don't know what is.

Zelias

Banned
Yeah, Lei Shen was fantastic. That was an example of a new lore character that worked. A shame he only stuck around for one patch, but what a patch.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, Lei Shen was fantastic. That was an example of a new lore character that worked. A shame he only stuck around for one patch, but what a patch.

I'd rather them tell a more focused and engaging story than stretching it out for the sake of stretching it out. That's pretty much exactly why the Garrosh story was so weak compared to others. They started focusing on him in Wrath and then the pay off wasn't until Warlords pretty much. It was just an endless cycle of Garrosh doing something stupid and then people being disappointed in him. May as well replace the SoO ending cutscene or the Nagrand cutscene with the Ulduar patch trailer. They cover the same ground for his character. Garrosh's story should have ended in Cata with Vol'jin doing exactly what he promised he would do.

If that's not badass I don't know what is.

Yeah that it is true too. Also something else not mentioned is the fact that he created some female looking Mogu just because he could. I always found the twin consorts weird since they don't really tell us much about their history. We can really only speculate why he created them and what their purpose was.

M.D

I'd rather them tell a more focused and engaging story than stretching it out for the sake of stretching it out. That's pretty much exactly why the Garrosh story was so weak compared to others. They started focusing on him in Wrath and then the pay off wasn't until Warlords pretty much. It was just an endless cycle of Garrosh doing something stupid and then people being disappointed in him. May as well replace the SoO ending cutscene or the Nagrand cutscene with the Ulduar patch trailer. They cover the same ground for his character. Garrosh's story should have ended in Cata with Vol'jin doing exactly what he promised he would do.

Yeah that it is true too. Also something else not mentioned is the fact that he created some female looking Mogu just because he could. I always found the twin consorts weird since they don't really tell us much about their history. We can really only speculate why he created them and what their purpose was.
A man has his needs

ZenaxPure

Yup! It's like part of a Legion world that we took over or something. Super badass.

Yeah I think my Warlock is going to be my second character I level up just for the class hall location. Going to another planet (that isn't some variation of Draenor) is cool. Even if it is a conquered world that has been presumably destroyed or something. Still a really fucking cool concept.

Robin64

Priests is an interesting one. The only really "priest" place I can think of is Stormwind Cathedral. And it obviously won't be that. Other holy sites around the land all suit the paladin school more.

Zelias

Banned
I feel like any Priest class hall will have to play off the duality that is intrinsic to the class. With that in mind, I can't think of anything in lore that seems to fit. I'm betting we'll get something new.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wouldn't be surprised if the priest one is Naaru-related in some way.

Robin64

One guy on reddit suggested the chapel in Deadwind Pass for priests.

Connection to the Light - It's a chapel, so there's your connection to most of the priest races.
Connection to the Loa - It's right near Zul'Gurub and Stranglethorn Vale
Connection to the shadows - The restless souls of Karazhan and the deeper mystery of necromancy draws the Forsaken priests and Shadow Priests in general
Connection to Elune - The Black Riders ravaged Deadwind Pass and Duskwood seeking the Scythe of Elune. Night Elf Priests are drawn to the land as they seek answers about the Scythe, Elune herself/himself/itself (depending on who you think Elune is), and the connection of the surrounding area to the Emerald Dream/Nightmare

Kuntz

I want my priest to chill in Arathi Highlands where I learned better bandages by testing them on real bruised soldiers in vanilla.
Field medic, yo!

Zelias

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the priest one is Naaru-related in some way.
Never thought of the Priest/Naaru parallels, heh. I'd actually be happy with a little Naaru ship or something as I like their architecture. Probably not gonna happen though.

Robin64

And warriors? Every race can be one, do they even have an identity beyond "we're a bunch of guys who love to wear plate and hit things really hard"?

I'm not going to give up on the ring at this point, even though it's a drag. Too close.

Gave up on the cloak and now look, I can't get into the Ordos part of Timeless Isle still, which sucks because there are rares in there for achievements and not just Ordos.

Not sure if its been posted yet, but there are other ways up there. The easiest is just to hitch a ride on a seagull, or what even in the hell that bird is, and fly around the island til it flys you over there. You have to use the seagull anyway to reach that lake inside the mountain for a rare or two and for a quest chain.

Robin64

Yeah but you get kicked out once in there. "The protection of the Celestials has transported you to safety" or some such bullshit. I did get in, that part is easy.

Jag

Tanaan is shit. Absolutely not compelling at all, I got the Pathfinder reps done and have only been back like twice for oil on an alt.

I was going to have an alt run another shipyard for cash, then I realized I would have to grind Tanaan for oil, so the ships are all going into drydock.

Where will Dalaran be located? I'm gussing a central type location like it was in wrath.

I'm gussing the death knight class hall will be the same floating necropolis from the intro (i forget the name). Its an interesting idea, hopefully it works out and is actually fun unlike garrisons...

Anoregon

Where will Dalaran be located? I'm gussing a central type location like it was in wrath.

o1YW8Gw.jpg

There are a few slightly different maps at this point, but they all have the same southern location for Dalaran.

And yeah DK hall should obviously be Acherus. Anyone crying about it being a rehash is ridiculous because it's already a perfect example of a class hall.

Shahadan

I'm gussing the death knight class hall will be the same floating necropolis from the intro (i forget the name). Its an interesting idea, hopefully it works out and is actually fun unlike garrisons...

Garrisons were fun the first month, I expect we'll get bored of class halls and say it's trash and that wow is dead within two months of release as usual. Unless this time they add stuff instead of forgetting, but they never do.

And Dalaran and Acherus are already on the map they've shown.

Anoregon

Anyone wanna take a stab at the starting zone? Top left?

There is a "through the dark portal" intro zone called Broken Shore, which is the purple island just east of Dalaran. I would imagine the first full zone is Azsuna, then you continue clockwise around with Suaramar as the final leveling zone and maybe Thal'Dranath as a max level zone, since it is not even shown on earlier maps.

This is the "earlier" map, which is on the official site but a Blizz tweet mentioned that the map from above (shown during the reveal) is more up to date:

Shahadan

There is a "through the dark portal" intro zone called Broken Shore, which is the purple island just east of Dalaran. I would imagine the first full zone is Azsuna, then you continue clockwise around with Suaramar as the final leveling zone and maybe Thal'Dranath as a max level zone, since it is not even shown on earlier maps.

This is the "earlier" map, which is on the official site but a Blizz tweet mentioned that the map from above (shown during the reveal) is more up to date:

Other way around imo. Thal dranath as a starting zone, and is sunk early. Looks that way on the other map (or maybe someone raises it later?)

Anoregon

Other way around imo. Thal dranath as a starting zone, and is sunk early. Looks that way on the other map

I don't think it sinks, seems like a waste of a large potential zone.

Here is another reveal map (I love maps!)

This one has both Broken Shore and Thal'Dranath labeled, so I think we start at Broken shore, as a segregated section of Thal'Dranath similar to how we had a segregated section of Tanaan as the Draenor intro. Then at 110 we swing back around to TD proper.

Top Bottom