• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

I don't mind actually.
It gives me time to start up pug raiding on my main and finish a lot of old content.
I started maxing an excel sheet of stuff I want to do and it will easily tide me over until September.

Can't say it's bad thing that Draenor will go on longer when it's so easy to make shitload of gold with not much effort.

If the past is anything to go by, making gold in the new expansion will be easier.

RPGCrazied

Looks like you need a level 70 to make a Demon Hunter, and you can only have one per realm. I thought they weren't going to do that this time like they did with Death Knight?

Tenebrous

Looks like you need a level 70 to make a Demon Hunter, and you can only have one per realm. I thought they weren't going to do that this time like they did with Death Knight?

This is dumb as hell in 2015. The only thing like that I could ever get on board with was no Alliance toons on a PvP server when you have a Horde toon on it, and even that's gone away nowadays.

mclem

The fineprint makes it sound like the early DH is just by a week, so that's kind of meh.

Long enough to level one to 100 in time for the new content, at least. It's a nice solution to the problem of new classes lagging behind all the old folk at the point the expansion hits.

I'd like to believe in my heart of hearts that if hunters had a place they were on their own and used barrage without thinking of positioning first and were punished for it they would actually be able to learn from that experience and apply it to group content.

One big frustration for me has been the guildies who can do good DPS and can dodge stuff on the ground - but not both at the same time. That's something that really could do with being taught in a sensible manner.

(The other annoyance: People who run *from* things without also thinking about where they're running *to*)

What are your guesses for what the shocking unannounced feature could be?
Some say Adventure mode, but would could that be? Is it solo, group or both content?

I hope the feature is something fun, perhaps randomized, that give unique rewards.
Or maybe it could give tokens that can be used for a variety of in game purchases, like mounts, toys, cosmetic items.
Doing better will give you better rewards, kind of like challenge modes.

The shocking unannounced feature will be that blizz can't deliver on a yearly expansion pack and we are stuck with HFC for over a year.

I'm REALLY hoping that isn't the cas but blizz pulls this shit all the time. I have no reason to believe they're going to actually hit the mark this time.

Tenebrous

Just saw this comment on the official forum (EU).

"If Legion launches in september 2016, they've made two content patches in three years. (5.4 launched sep 2013).
So much content."

Amazing.

Daniel R

I just read that they hotfixed some bug with the heirloom ring shipyard missions. First char I checked my shipyard on has both the str and int ring missions available :).

Dinjooh

I just read that they hotfixed some bug with the heirloom ring shipyard missions. First char I checked my shipyard on has both the str and int ring missions available :).

Hm, now that you mention it I don't think I've ever seen heirloom ring from those missions.

*runs off to check*

Even with the restriction of having to have one level 70 toon and only having one Demon Hunter per realm, Legion is going to be flooded with Blood and Night Elf Demon Hunters. That's the class every one and their nana is going to play in Legion, which is why I will be a Resto-Shaman. Hello insta-queue.

Also I have an idea of how to fix Barrage. They add an exception to its use in instances. Basically my idea is this:

If a Hunter pops Barrage and pulls a mob in an instance over a certain number, it should aggro lock-on to the Hunter and only the Hunter. Basically like a Hunter/Warlock pet Gnomeregan mob train. It murders the Hunter and then the mob just resets. No one else can attack the mob, no one else can draw its aggro, the mob just has an evade state on it if anyone tries. Just smack Barrage spam with a giant sack of hammers.

ampere

rhjHuxS.png

:D

ZenaxPure

Outlaw Rogue?

Wha?

Wonder if they just renamed Combat or they actually put some work into it.

They've been trying to give the swashbuckler identity to combat forever, maybe with the class changes they will give it some matching skills and more importantly some custom animations. If there is anything rogues are in dire need of IMO it is new animations.

ZenaxPure

Also reading through the weapons now (weapon lore, so awesome!)

Arms warrior weapon was hidden away under Tirisfal. Affliction weapon was hidden away in the tomb below Karazhan.

Those should be some fun quest chains.

Warrior weapons are meh, was hoping for something cooler. Hope they alternative skins are better.

Druids and Demo Warlock have the best weapons.

Lomax

The Legion pre-order page saying "requires WoW and WoD" and the pre-order not including WoD as a perk makes me think they don't plan to add WoD to the base game when Legion is released. Remember, MoP is the first time they added the most recent expansion to the base game that quickly.

Magnus

The sense I'm getting from most Legion panels and Q&As (including the current one) is that they're much further back in development than we think they are, given all the outcry and disappointment over a Summer 2016 release.

We're seeing storyboards, and hearing panelists speak in often generic, vague terms to describe scenes...the whole thing feels like a cover for a game that's not ready to be seen yet. I mean, I see that we're seeing quite a bit of it here at Blizzcon and in these little video snippets, but it all feels early to me...

How can there be nothing happening from 6.2 all the way to next summer? I'm not even playing now and I'm angry about it, haha.

So unless casting has been changed, the Elemental Shaman gets a fist weapon that will never be seen. Weapons are sheathed on casters. Resto's mace and shield will be shown on their hip and back. Enhancement Shaman's get to wield their weapons for some of their attacks and have them visible on their hips when casting. Elemental Shamans will have a shield on their back.

Environment art is impressive, but that was something that was super strong in WoD too.

I kind of wish they would take some of the more modular assets and re-populate the older Azeroth, BC and WotLK zones with them.

Top Bottom