• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I really don't know which Warlock spec to go with.

Affliction seems like it might be the least popular, but I like Affliction, love the Artifact, and I feel like it could have a really strong niche.

Destruction is similar but different. adjusting to Havoc havoc havoc havoc rather than Immolate, Conflag, Havoc, Chaos Bolt has been awkwar.d The artifact appearances are fucking rad, I love the Gul'dan-esque storyline of it, and the passive of summoning infernals is awesome. And I love that Rain of Fire actually hits now. Artifact trait is kind of eh

Demonology. A kind of cool artifact that I think loses its luster because of how it just animates in the same circle. But still really cool. Aesthetically, it's the coolest spec with all the demons running around. Constantly casting demonic empowerment isn't necessarily fun, but I like the idea of the playstyle of summoning more demons and supporting them. Felguard is a rad pet and his damage seems to make him the godliest tanking pet in the game, warlock or hunter since the pets suck so much at threat generation right now. Demonology feels like it has the most potential depth in playstyle, but it also seems like the easiest one to screw up. And it definitely feels like, due to its newness, it's going to get messed wit hthe most by Blizzard this expansion. For better or worse.

Obviously I'll put time into leveling all the artifact weapons with the work orders but something's going to need to win out the gate.

Lanrutcon

Man, I really don't know which Warlock spec to go with.

Affliction seems like it might be the least popular, but I like Affliction, love the Artifact, and I feel like it could have a really strong niche.

Destruction is similar but different. adjusting to Havoc havoc havoc havoc rather than Immolate, Conflag, Havoc, Chaos Bolt has been awkwar.d The artifact appearances are fucking rad, I love the Gul'dan-esque storyline of it, and the passive of summoning infernals is awesome. And I love that Rain of Fire actually hits now. Artifact trait is kind of eh

Demonology. A kind of cool artifact that I think loses its luster because of how it just animates in the same circle. But still really cool. Aesthetically, it's the coolest spec with all the demons running around. Constantly casting demonic empowerment isn't necessarily fun, but I like the idea of the playstyle of summoning more demons and supporting them. Felguard is a rad pet and his damage seems to make him the godliest tanking pet in the game, warlock or hunter since the pets suck so much at threat generation right now. Demonology feels like it has the most potential depth in playstyle, but it also seems like the easiest one to screw up. And it definitely feels like, due to its newness, it's going to get messed wit hthe most by Blizzard this expansion. For better or worse.

Obviously I'll put time into leveling all the artifact weapons with the work orders but something's going to need to win out the gate.

Afflication is ok damage, insane solo-ability/survivability/pvp.

Destro is boring, but probably the most effective across the board. Raiding spec.

Demo is fun, but shit in practice.

Well they stealth nerfed clawing shadows so hard it's worse than just using SS and taking no talent in that tier.

Also stealth removing unholy's 15% run speed bonus that the spec has had since wotlk.

Naw fuck off, not going to bother with legion now. This is just like chi orbit where instead of making it marginally the worst talent in its line (deservedly as it's completely passive but still the strongest in the line) they just nerfed it into being complete garbage instead, they have no tact and no dignity when it comes to balancing.

Tenebrous

Well they stealth nerfed clawing shadows so hard it's worse than just using SS and taking no talent in that tier.

Also stealth removing unholy's 15% run speed bonus that the spec has had since wotlk.

Naw fuck off, not going to bother with legion now. This is just like chi orbit where instead of making it marginally the worst talent in its line (deservedly as it's completely passive but still the strongest in the line) they just nerfed it into being complete garbage instead, they have no tact and no dignity when it comes to balancing.

When? My Unholy DK has Death's Advance right now (+15% movement speed passive - Not a talent).

biaxident

Are you EU? It was hotfixed removed on US already, EU has the CS part but not that DA part yet.

Wraith walk is a 45 second CD baseline instead.

I'm on US, I see wraith walk is 45 sec cd, but I still get the passive 15% movement speed, its in the spell book still. My clawing shadows says deals 11k shadow dmg, SS says deal 5k phys and 3k shadow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and Shaman at 100. Enhancement was fun but still, in the end it didnt do much for me, and has zero chance of being in contention for play in Legion for me.

think ill try and lvl warrior, rogue and druid to 60 to decide who gets the boost

Ark

I decided to randomly run Sethekk Halls on my warrior before logging off today and I got the Raven Lord mount!

I've wanted it since playing in TBC and to randomly get it now is such a nice feeling. Oh man. Lovely.

Yeah I'm EU. Pretty huge change seeing, as you say, UH DK has had that movement speed increase since 2008.

I'm on US, I see wraith walk is 45 sec cd, but I still get the passive 15% movement speed, its in the spell book still. My clawing shadows says deals 11k shadow dmg, SS says deal 5k phys and 3k shadow.

Ah about the DA removal I was wrong apparently it's not in yet, but it was said on the DK discord that Skullflower (DK blizz QA guy) said it was being removed soon/at some point. Hopefully it's just heresy or they go back on it but you never know.

My Clawing shadows shows 14k, and Scourge strike shows 17k (9+8).

The talent should fairly be the lowest DPS increase of the 3, by a reasonable amount, due to it's utility via range. But a talent being a DPS loss is just disgusting. And this Yo Yo overnerfing/overbuffing shit is just dumb.

Like they also buffed All will serve now, hits hard, like it did before they nerfed it right around prepatch launch, fucking YoYo, and it's silly since it's the most passive talent in the tree so it really shouldn't be the best.

Sajjaja

What server should I choose? I'm coming back after...so long. NA by the way. Looking for something with a balanced faction distribution, PvP world preferably.

biaxident

Ah about the DA removal I was wrong apparently it's not in yet, but it was said on the DK discord that Skullflower (DK blizz QA guy) said it was. Hopefully it's just heresy or they go back on it but you never know.

My Clawing shadows shows 14k, and Scourge strike shows 17k (9+8).

The talent should fairly be the lowest DPS increase of the 3, by a reasonable amount, due to it's utility via range. But a talent being a DPS loss is just disgusting. And this Yo Yo overnerfing/overbuffing shit is just dumb.

Like they also buffed All will serve now, hits hard, like it did before they nerfed it right around prepatch launch, fucking YoYo, and it's silly since it's the most passive talent in the tree so it really shouldn't be the best.

My DK is only like 684 ilvl or 690ish so maybe its the scaling of clawing shadows they changed. I would like to see wraith on a 45 sec cd for all specs personally, such a lame movement ability really lol.

As long as that talent row makes sense at 110 i'm ok if it's jacked up right now. Don't let us down blizz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remind me, there are profession catch ups in Legion?

my lock and hunter have theirs at 600 (well 601) and I really dont want to waste a bunch of gold to get them to 700 if thats not needed

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not sure I'd recommend super high pop. There are advantages, but there are also queues sometimes

That is worth it if you're looking to play the game for more than a month.

If you want to be bored out of your skull because your server is dead 3 or 4 months because you can't wait for queues then go for it.

Pretty much every server had queues for WoD too, and legion will either blanket work or not work just like WoD. The way the servers work now, even "low" pop servers can get queues since we're all phased together now.

Playing on anything besides Sargeras or Illidan is so crazy to me. Sargeras has as many 13/13m guilds as the next 2-3 NA Alliance servers combined. You don't really have room to grow anywhere else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Illidan has nealry double the 13/13M guilds Zul'jin and Area 52 have

but I don't want to get killed while im farming charms. if CRZ didn't exist, it'd be an easy switch.

Sajjaja

Which do you guys play on? I know someone who plays on Alterac Mountains but that's low pop. I'll probably be playing solo most of the time since I don't know anyone else that plays.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not sure I'd recommend super high pop. There are advantages, but there are also queues sometimes
There really aren't, outside of what just about everyone experienced at the start of WoD, and which is not set up to repeat itself. Really no reason to not roll on a populated server because it just opens up options to a better raid scene, and the servers that are on top there stand really far above what's available in other places.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hit 100 on my DK!

Now, Blood or Frost...? Unholy isn't my thing

Top Bottom