• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The thing is, there's lots of potential solutions to this that I can see, but I'm not aware of any real precedence for this sort of thing, so I'm curious how Blizzard would do it:

* Remove all weapons drops from Timewalking dungeons for all levels
* Implement changing loot tables based on participant level
* Just not care and have weapons drop that aren't of use for 100+ players
* Something else.

It would probably take too much effort for the payoff, but a solution could be to have a timewalking vendor that allows you to swap 101+ TW weapon drops for artifact relics? Relics pretty much take the place of weapon drops entirely in Legion, so it would make sense. Or just make 101+ timewalking dungeons drop relics in place of the weapons? The code for that shouldn't be too hard, as TW dungeons already check what level you are when you get loot anyway. I would hope that A flag that says "if level over 100, drop relics instead of weapons" shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Alts shouldn't be able to match main characters progress for less effort.

The character you spend the most time playing should be the most progressed, yeah. Catch-up mechanics are important to keep them reasonably viable, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Firelands transmog is just so good.

firelands seems weird. Some are great, some are awful. but hey its a easy get. I actually got a few, shaman, pali and hunter look good imo. hated mage and lock. DK was ok but didnt buy it. Warrior is ok aswell.

One good thing about the t13 vendor is that it has belt and boots that match the normal color, so again its good for completing the transmogs easily. Oh and the tier is missing shoulders AND legs, I didnt notice legs before because on casters the robe covers it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Firelands has by far the worst DK set in the game and that bothers me. A lot of the other stuff is pretty cool, though.

Wrath and Cata have the best look Tmogs

TBC has a lot of good designs, but they are relatively low quality/low poly compared to more recent stuff which is a shame. I certainly wouldn't be upset if blizz released updated versions of like Tier 6 or earlier gear.

Robin64

I like the Firelands paladin set, but I don't use the chest as I just hate kilts on my paladin. The trousers look good anyway.

StMeph

I'm really failing to explain myself! Let's try to break it down:

* No weapons will drop in Legion; we are using artifacts throughout.
* Timewalking dungeons currently can drop weapons.
* They are likely to continue to drop weapons going into Legion, because people below 100 can do Timewalking as well.
* I think it's unprecedented to have loot tables that vary based on the participant's level. I may be wrong on that.
* Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that if you're over 100 and go into a Timewalking dungeon, you may get a weapon drop that is of no use to you.

I'm not seeing why that matters. It's the same as if your ilevel was already high enough to eclipse the gear that drops in Timewalking anyway. You also may want it for transmog. Otherwise it's the same DE/vendor junk as any other loot you've already outgrown.

Edit:
I like the Firelands paladin set, but I don't use the chest as I just hate kilts on my paladin. The trousers look good anyway.

Depending on race/gender combination you can sub the Warrior-lookalike chest + legs from the same Firelands set. Gloves + boots personal preference to use Warrior or Paladin set. The color schemes are pretty close to each other, and the patterns are also similar enough to fit together. It just doesn't work well on female models because it bares the midriff for no reason.

Auctopus

Can't decide who I want to use the 100 boost on...

Outlaw Rogue
Fury Warrior
Some sort of Warlock

Played Hunter for the majority of my WoW time through WOTLK and Cata.

Panthers

Firelands has by far the worst DK set in the game and that bothers me. A lot of the other stuff is pretty cool, though.

TBC has a lot of good designs, but they are relatively low quality/low poly compared to more recent stuff which is a shame. I certainly wouldn't be upset if blizz released updated versions of like Tier 6 or earlier gear.

Have you seen the Throne of Thunder DK set? I actually like the firelands bat wing helm lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
actually tier 13 with gold is just a couple of classes, not all. Like there will be 2 cloth sets, 2 plate sets, etc. they are just lookalikes. Leather lookalikes seem to be rogue and druid t13

for cloth it seems to be warlock and priest (again, minus the shoulders). for plate warrior and DK I think. Still neat if youre missing certain pieces. This only goes for Normal colors.

for T12 (again, normal colors only), the whole set per class is there. I just got the hunter set, actually looks better than I expected. Lock and Mage sets look awful tho, not buying those. Theres actually some good looking cloaks to buy there aswell

the vendors are the old valor vendors in Stormwind old town. These guys:
qQKodWp.jpg

edit: DK T12 isnt bad, no T12 for Monk /cry
Nice shoulders you got there >:)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait what does shadowy inspiration do besides make shadowbolt instant?

Demonic Empowerment has a slightly faster cast time than Demonbolt. The way I initially looked at the new Demo was pooling resources and maximizing your use of Demonic Empowerment with the most demons up. But because Empowerment makes your DB/SB instant, you can justify the downtime of using your Empowerment with every summon.

Your empowerment also effects your 4 piece demons too which is pretty significant to how important it is above all other abilities

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know what I need to do? What I in fact did to my warrior recently and then for some reason forgot to do a pass on every character?

Check what glyphs there are these days. They mostly change your abilities appearences and shit but some of the stuff is neat

edit: or I would if there were any glyphs in the AH. wtf, what happened to all the scribes :/

Tacitus_

Alts shouldn't be able to match main characters progress for less effort.

Sure, but previously you could just run the same content for the same gear. I'd run mythic raids on my main, normal or heroic on my alts and they'd keep up. Now I also have to "do stuff" to keep them up on artifact power instead of a one time investment on learning the fights. Or when I wanted to switch specs, I'd just grab a couple pieces of gear and I could play it to a reasonable level.

carlsojo

Pandaria has some great mogs too. My paladin has the jade tiger green set and my warlock has the robes of creation with matching shoulders.

Does the shaman cast time eventually get shorter? Like, how quickly does this happen (if it does?) I like the idea of shaman but if casting take this long I'm not sure its a class I'll stick with.

Resubbed. Haven't touched it since foundary. As is the recent tradition of shelving this game and coming back after a long period of time, I have no idea where to begin.

This time, however, it feels even more daunting than in the past.

Lanrutcon

Resubbed. Haven't touched it since foundary. As is the recent tradition of shelving this game and coming back after a long period of time, I have no idea where to begin.

On the 9th, the prelaunch event starts. Use it to gear up. For now? ...transmogs! mounts! pets! cheevo hunting!

StMeph

Not sure how or why, you've missed even less in between than was usual in the past.

Just ignore everything until invasions and Demon Hunters drop next Tuesday (Aug 9), since that's when the real pre-expansion patch content begins. And just do that until you're tired and ready for Legion.

Also farm old raids, get yourself some old new transmogs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does the shaman cast time eventually get shorter? Like, how quickly does this happen (if it does?) I like the idea of shaman but if casting take this long I'm not sure its a class I'll stick with.
For what, Elemental? Cast times are around 1.5 seconds and you have instant cast spells pretty freely available between Lava Burst, Icefury/Frost Shock, and Earth/Fire Shock. Cast times can go down to a little over a second with stuff like Elemental Mastery buffs.

PVP just feels so shallow now on enhance, you just press damage buttons and sometimes purge, HS isn't even worth casting it heals for so little.

No grounding really removes any skill involved. I miss my totems.

For what, Elemental? Cast times are around 1.5 seconds and you have instant cast spells pretty freely available between Lava Burst, Icefury/Frost Shock, and Earth/Fire Shock. Cast times can go down to a little over a second with stuff like Elemental Mastery buffs.

I just started the new character. I think the first spell you get is lightening of some sort. I also got a weapon as an item drop for the 2nd quest but it just stays on my toons back while I take forever to spam my single spell. I don't mind spamming as long as it gets better and the cast time can be improved over time.

They changed the low level Shaman, instead of that weird nascent form that basically had a skill from each spec--Lightning Bolt, Primal Lash and Healing Surge--now you're just an Ele Shaman with Lightning Bolt, Earth Shock and Fire Shock with both Maelstorm and Mana resources. Low level Shaman gameplay is still just spamming Lightning Bolt from 1-10. The only thing that changed is you occasionally use Earth Shock instead of Primal Lash for most of the brief ride from 1-10. They've gotten rid of the nascent versions of the classes and basically just make you play one spec from 1-10. For example Warlock is now Affliction 1-10.

Rafy

Hey guys, I am returning to WoW after a year or so of not playing and I am looking to roll a new character.

I need some advice on choosing an EU PVE realm to use for my new toon. I also wanted to know if there is an EU casual and social GAF guild since I'd like to finally try raiding after years of never having done so. If not, do you have any suggestions for these types of guilds? I play Frost Mage and plan to also roll a Havoc Demon Hunter.

The reason I am asking is because when I came back to the game 5 or so years ago, I followed the (bad) advice of a friend and moved my main on a PVP server.

I eventually would like to move my main to the new realm that I pick if things work out with the new toon.

Lastly, I always played with the default interface and now that I am looking to improve as a player I was thinking of getting a proper UI with all the DPS meters and the rest of the bells & whistles. What do you guys think?

I've seen quite a few of them now and I like the look of the ElvUI, but felt instantly overwhelmed from the different options when I searched for it on Curse.

Top Bottom