• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Robin64

New NPC at the Darkmoon Faire, tells you to go away if you don't have a Scarlet Crusade tabard, sells you transmogs if you are wearing one.

ExLiNeE.jpg

M.D

After playing and reading about monk, I want to use my boost on him... but everyone saying monk tank is dogshit now

JSoup

Banned
New NPC at the Darkmoon Faire, tells you to go away if you don't have a Scarlet Crusade tabard, sells you transmogs if you are wearing one.

Worth noting that you actually have to be wearing the item, not transmog'd.

I believe they said we can start leveling Legion professions on Tuesday, so it might be wise to hold off on profession Darkmoon quests until then.

After playing and reading about monk, I want to use my boost on him... but everyone saying monk tank is dogshit now

Don't tank, then. :D
DPS and heals are great, though.

_BtB_

Is it just me, or are hunter pets a lot squishier than they used to be? Even in tenacity spec it seems like everything is tearing through them.

nope, they are indeed weaker.

speaking of pets, when did hunter pets lose their unique abilities? Like certain families had certain abilities that other families do not have. Kind of weird that they removed them, thought it was cool to collect the unique ability pets. Just hate how blizzard is removing options from the game. Seems they are trying to make this game appealing to new ppl by making WoW "easy" to get into.

M.D

Worth noting that you actually have to be wearing the item, not transmog'd.

I believe they said we can start leveling Legion professions on Tuesday, so it might be wise to hold off on profession Darkmoon quests until then.

Don't tank, then. :D
DPS and heals are great, though.

Tanking is what I want to do in Legion :( and I have no interest in healing whatsoever
DPS tho, that could be fun as a side spec for sure

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dragonsoul 5 men were alright, the first one didnt do much for me but the other 2 were neat. Gonna try the raid then

Robin64

How? You need to visit trainers in the Broken Isles to get those unlocked. Where did they say this?

MMaRsu

I dunno I am a monk brewmaster and liking it

Darkmoon fair is awesome, whats the best way to get tickets?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
first 4 bosses were easy, but how the fuck do you do this part with all the drakes breathing fire on the aspects as a warrior? heroic throw barely does any damage and its my only ranged skill lol

edit: oh taunting them makes them come to you, alrighty then. btw no 2h axe from the third boss which is what I wanted the most. feels bad fam ;_; maybe the sword drops :(

Robin64

So I'm levelling a warlock, started a couple of nights ago, very fun so far. Undead, so I'm doing their standard route but moving on from a zone when the Adventure Guide lets me. Anyway, did some of the Eastern Plaguelands questing, got the two paladins there to join me. Then I abandoned their quests and began doing Badlands.

Well the game must think I still have them because both myself and my Voidwalker still have the Retribution Aura buff they give.

So I started WoW again.

Demon Hunter will start at level 1, right ? Is it smart to use the level 100 boost for the demon hunter?

No, 98 and they are 100 when they are done with their intro.

Tarazet

Spine was annoying to solo.

Kill one of the Corruptions, park yourself in the hole that it leaves until you have 9 Corrupted Blood up.

At that point, wait until after he rolls, kill another Corruption and dance back and forth over the center of his spine until you kill everything that's up at that point. Make sure that the Hideous Amalgamation dies with 9 stacks. Then burst down the plate.

Repeat 3x and you are on to Madness.

Rhaknar

Kill one of the Corruptions, park yourself in the hole that it leaves until you have 9 Corrupted Blood up.

At that point, wait until after he rolls, kill another Corruption and dance back and forth over the center of his spine until you kill everything that's up at that point. Make sure that the Hideous Amalgamation dies with 9 stacks. Then burst down the plate.

Repeat 3x and you are on to Madness.

I said was, not is. I did it when I said that :)

also, not the axe I wanted, but this will do.

Rhaknar

I got that, but a lot of the guides say you need to dance back and forth and you simply don't. Just park yourself in a magma pool and wait. Makes it so much easier.

yup thats what I did, it was the first video guide on youtube that suggested that and I went with it. Also I noticed I got the full t13 set from that run lol, actually digging it more than I thought I would

man I want that Invasions gear on my characters already, I want to be able to do this stuff with the others (especially lock and hunter, who will be my mains in Legion), not just with warrior :(

edit: wonder if I can do LFR dragonsoul on my hunter, LFR t13 is actually my favorite color lol >_< loot drops (quantity wise) is shit in LFR tho so I probably wouldnt get it in 1 run anyway

edit: nope cant even kill the first boss lol. for some reason my pet wont hold aggro at all, even in tank spec /shrug

Panthers

I got that, but a lot of the guides say you need to dance back and forth and you simply don't. Just park yourself in a magma pool and wait. Makes it so much easier.

Well it's smart to dance when the add is about to blow up. I've had him thrown off right before he detonated.

Rhaknar

meh killed the first boss and it just gives you the stupid bag with gold, LFR is a waste of time to solo when its not guaranteed loot. oh well, I dont like that color THAT much to be arsed with this

edit: kinda into this mix of T10 and T13, at least until I get the T13 shoulders and legs (actually might not even use the legs, I like the bulkiness of the t10). thats actually the T10 gloves aswell for the same reason, I have the t13 ones but I like the bulkiness of the T10 ones

Rhaknar

how the fuck is none of the t10 pali colors the actual pali colors that Tirion has? Blizz...

OFXOesR.png

Rhaknar

oh shit just did my first timewlking, not only was it hard and fun, but I got a quest that gave me 500 marks which basically let me buy all the gear o_O

thats a huge fast boost for fresh 100s, why didnt anyone tell me :(

Lanrutcon

oh shit just did my first timewlking, not only was it hard and fun, but I got a quest that gave me 500 marks which basically let me buy all the gear o_O

We despise you and are very petty.

Or we thought this was common knowledge.

Lomax

As much as I enjoy this thread, if you're using it as a primary source of information, you're really not going to learn much of anything.

Rhaknar

As much as I enjoy this thread, if you're using it as a primary source of information, you're really not going to learn much of anything.

why do you say that? people have been super helpful. Besides I was only kidding about the "why didnt anyone tell me" thing

Lomax

why do you say that? people have been super helpful. Besides I was only kidding about the "why didnt anyone tell me" thing

Because this thread, especially at this point, is more about discussion and upcoming content than day to day suggestions. I mean, people in the thread suggest timewalking to people, but aren't going to include details.

I'm not knocking the thread at all, just saying it's not really a primary information source.

Basically every new event or thing you're doing just check wowhead for their write up, it will give you the details you need. The information here is generally superficial at best unless you ask very specific questions.

ampere

Spine was annoying to solo.

It never gets better lol. Still annoying for me

It's been mentioned, but it's easy for stuff to get lost in the shuffle.

Invasions will give you even better gear this coming week. Read about them here: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/pre-patch-demon-event

Rhaknar

yeah I know about invasions, thats what I was waiting for to get some gear to be able to do more transmog runs on other chars that not the war. but this also helps, plus they are actually...fun. just did it on the hunter also. gonna do one on each just for that 500 mark quest at least

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've been redirected to some adult dating site (with nude content) this week browsing MMO-Champion and Wowhead. Anyone else has experienced this?

Lanrutcon

Rösti;212753607 said:
I've been redirected to some adult dating site (with nude content) this week browsing MMO-Champion and Wowhead. Anyone else has experienced this?

I read about this. Did the odd redirect happen after you typed www.hotmammas.com into the address bar?

They say it's a browser bug.

Check your browser add ins/plug ins/extensions for anything weird. Some malware might have gotten installed.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I guess it's good 'starter' gear, but I guess no one mentioned it because most of us here are saving the tokens for the toys/mounts

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I read about this. Did the odd redirect happen after you typed www.hotmammas.com into the address bar?

They say it's a browser bug.

Check your browser add ins/plug ins/extensions for anything weird. Some malware might have gotten installed.
I have no extensions installed (apart from the default in Google Chrome), and this has only been happening on MMO-Champion and Wowhead.

Rhaknar

are monk tanks in a bad place? this monk keeps dying in this timewalker, and I noticed monks were by far the hardest to heal while i was lvling my druid

Top Bottom