• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

lazygecko

Arathi Basin/Battle for Gilneas flags got stealth nerfed this patch. Used to be that you could jump on top of them with mobility skills like DH double jump or shaman wind gust. Now they've made the collision for it taller making it impossible to stand on most of them.

3e389uxq.jpg

Mupod

Watching Giantbomb's Persona 5 quick look and I lol'd when I realized that Igor's new voice actor is Tichondrius. Even has similar modulation on the voice.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You guys think that maybe they overtuned Nighthold? Was talking with a guildie about how we were wiping a bunch tonight and asked "what changed?" and he said that it was just fatigue and how demanding this raid has been. Now, I don't think fatigue was the root cause of us wiping on bosses that are on "farm" but I've noticed that while in past raids, we would come and one shot everything like it was nothing, in Nighthold we end up wiping on bosses that we shouldn't.

Our raid is currently the best it has ever been, too. So it's not like we suck, I really do think that these bosses are just a bit too demanding and some mechanics aren't made as trivial with gear as in past tiers.

cdyhybrid

You guys think that maybe they overtuned Nighthold? Was talking with a guildie about how we were wiping a bunch tonight and asked "what changed?" and he said that it was just fatigue and how demanding this raid has been. Now, I don't think fatigue was the root cause of us wiping on bosses that are on "farm" but I've noticed that while in past raids, we would come and one shot everything like it was nothing, in Nighthold we end up wiping on bosses that we shouldn't.

Our raid is currently the best it has ever been, too. So it's not like we suck, I really do think that these bosses are just a bit too demanding and some mechanics aren't made as trivial with gear as in past tiers.

A bunch of bosses were bugged after the patch, so depending on when you raided you might have hit those.

Edit: Oh, tonight. Never mind.

Some bosses are glitched?

Einchy

A bunch of bosses were bugged after the patch, so depending on when you raided you might have hit those.

Nah, we were just playing shitter tonight for whatever reason.

However, I'm talking about just in general and not today. Bosses like Krosus, spellblade pre-nerf, Botanist and Tich are just huge pains in the ass.

Milennia

Nah, we were just playing shitter tonight for whatever reason.

However, I'm talking about just in general and not today. Bosses like Krosus, spellblade pre-nerf, Botanist and Tich are just huge pains in the ass.

for us after spellblade which we did kill in one night i think it was around 30 attempts for our first kill, the others kinda fell over thats what happened to every guild behind and ahead of us as well at the time.

I think spellblade was overtuned the rest were fine, barring star augur.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Broken Shore leaves a horrible first impression

I am beyond disappointed in this patch so far. I haven't done the pet dungeon yet but everything else that's available on the first day feels half assed and buggy. And time gating or not, the first day people spend in Broken Shores and they get all the content done in 20 minutes? Not a good impression. And grinding shards endlessly isn't exactly engaging.

Einchy

Broken Shores feels like they forgot to put content in it.

Like, it's a whole zone and all I do there is 4 WQs and kill some rares now and then? Tanaan Jungle and Timeless Isles were much more interesting.

Then again, in 2 weeks it might be interesting.

Broken Shores feels like they forgot to put content in it.

Like, it's a whole zone and all I do there is 4 WQs and kill some rares now and then? Tanaan Jungle and Timeless Isles were much more interesting.

Then again, in 2 weeks it might be interesting.

World Quests dont give any special rewards aside from the new resources and rares dont drop jack shit except more Nethershards either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope the next xpack is MOP style.

Fuck Lich King, fuck old gods, just give me all sorts of new enemies that I've never fought before because if I have to kill one more doomguard or felhunter, i'm gonna puke

and then ruin it later by adding trolls

Rolled a Human DK on Tichondrius (I know), went to quest in Hellfire Peninsula after clearing the DK starting area, Honor Hold is being camped, quest givers are all dead, a Belf DH drops down in front of me, cc's me, one shots me and proceeds to camp me for a bit until he gets bored. About what I expected.

So far my limited experience with world PVP as a PVE carebear is this: I've only encountered individual players so far while leveling, everyone at or around my level takes a sniff, sees a Blood DK in full heirlooms and decides that I'm not worth the time or effort. No one has done the /wave emote thing to show they aren't hostile/don't intend to attack, I haven't done the emote thing to anyone but I also haven't been aggressive. Everyone at or around my level seems to not be interested in starting anything. Most other high level players on the other faction I've encountered flat out ignore me. The one player who trolled and camped me for a bit is the standard asshole that seems to troll Hellfire Peninsula no matter what kind of server you're on..PVE, RP, PVP...camping lowbie players and quest givers.

Not an entirely offputting experience so far, definitely makes simple activities gathering or navigating the environment different with constantly having to check my surroundings for other players. What does seem like it could be a shitshow is Legion PVE with WQ's driving high level/geared players around.

I've been tanking heroics to learn pulls and I keep seeing really geared DPS in them almost no one in bad gear. My question is why are people that out gear heroics doing them?

cdyhybrid

I've been tanking heroics to learn pulls and I keep seeing really geared DPS in them almost no one in bad gear. My question is why are people that out gear heroics doing them?

AP bonus from the first one of the day and doing the 100 dungeons for the hidden appearance alternate color.

Moff

Yeah Broken Shore is easily the ugliest zone in this expansion. Not very excited for the weekly quests, unlike Suramar, that was a cool zone.

Lain

I did a 100resources turn in, opened the cache I got for my contribution and woah, a leg was inside!
Excitement turned into disappointment once I noticed what it was I got:
Roots of Shaladrassil.

Now I only have Prydaz and the voodoo mask to go through before I can get one of the BM hunter legs I actually want. At least now I know those things can give legs, which I didn't know before.

vocab

I hope the next xpack is MOP style.

Fuck Lich King, fuck old gods, just give me all sorts of new enemies that I've never fought before because if I have to kill one more doomguard or felhunter, i'm gonna puke

and then ruin it later by adding trolls
Yeah im with you. Though id take an old god. Fucking tired of this fel shit. I get it, its warcraft and its been part of it. Im just sick of killing the same shitty named dreadlords and their shivarras. Legion has made me jaded and wod dropped the ball.

Whelp, GM on yet another alt got BiS legendary. It's really brought down the core raid group, this is his 5th alt in which within his first two legendaries he gets the BiS one. 3 core rogues none of us have duskwalkers, we go into our alt run and he gets them as his 2nd legendary with his first being the shoulders.

Meanwhile I'm on legendary number 6 (one day it'll drop) my previous 5?

Sephuz
Prydaz
Rogue cloak
Will of Valeera
Symbiote belt

The silver lining is that my next legendary is pretty much guaranteed to be boots, bracers, or ring...or Kil'Jaden's...ugh; and despite not having either of my BiS I still outdps him slightly.

I still like the legendary system for the most part but I do understand why people argue that it undermines "hard work". Especially when you see someone make alts to fight boredom, get the best legendaries for that class/spec then drop the alt for a new one.

Moff

Legs in inventory no longer affect the ilvl, is that right?

Also, is there anything I can do towards pathfinder 2 apart from the broken shore world quests?

Jag

Legs in inventory no longer affect the ilvl, is that right?

Also, is there anything I can do towards pathfinder 2 apart from the broken shore world quests?

Make sure to get the achievement to explore broken shore. You'll get most it from the starting quests. Then, just rep grind.

Why the fuck would they time gate the actual cool shit ok thebroken shore?

Oh look. More shit to grind. Nethershards, ap, etc. grinding is not engaging content.

Robin64

But you get rep only from world quests, is that right?

World Quests on the Broken Shore are 75 reputation.
Doing a turnin for a Broken Shore building construction is 150 reputation.
Unlocking the Broken Shore in Assault on Broken Shore is 250 Reputation.
Raid World quests like Tomb of Sargeras: Life After Death and Tomb of Sargeras: Lost But Not Forgotten are 500 Reputation.
World Boss World quests like Apocron are 500 Reputation.
The quest step to recruit your new Class Champion, Champions of Legionfall, is 1500 Reputation.
Completing a Legion Assault, which is required for Defending Broken Isles, is 1500 Reputation. This is available the week of April 4th.
Various quests for Breaching the Tomb offer higher-than-average reputation. This was formerly required for flying, but has recently been removed.

It's going to be interesting to see how / if they differentiate Argus from the Broken Shore. Hope it's not just greener with Eredar ruins instead of Night Elf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that they do all this timegating and bingo style RNG in an obvious attempt to keep peoples subs going so they don't 'run out of content'

but instead I'm running out of content at the start and quitting now rather than quitting down the line after I've had my fill.

Nere

I am really disappointed with this patch. The whole thing is just a huge grindfest. They said it is like Timeless isle but I see nothing like it. They gate all the cool stuff, invasions, flying, order hall campaign, the raid. Instead they introduce more traits with 50 billion artifact power required, all blizzard knows to do now is add zeroes at the end of numbers to extend content.

I am really disappointed with this patch. The whole thing is just a huge grindfest. They said it is like Timeless isle but I see nothing like it. They gate all the cool stuff, invasions, flying, order hall campaign, the raid. Instead they introduce more traits with 50 billion artifact power required, all blizzard knows to do now is add zeroes at the end of numbers to extend content.

Me too! I was expecting another Suramar, and I got an hour of content. The entire zone just seems really small.

Mupod

My Mythic+ group got our +10 done last night and it was surprising how much they nerfed most of them. We were at the point where a +15 was comfortably do-able depending on mods, and we were expecting a +10 to be a little harder. But the only remotely challenging thing we fought was +10 Tyrannical Hymdall, who didn't even hit as hard as he used to, just had a lot of HP and for some reason was summoning 3 dragons each time instead of 1-2-3 as the fight went on. They removed a pull or two as well and it feels like the regular mobs weren't hitting as hard - the large pull at the start was no problem, whereas it used to cause some deaths.

The +7s were a complete joke especially Karazhan. Got +3 on every one first time with lots of room to spare. Getting a +3 on a 12 key was reasonably challenging before, we usually got it but we had to haul ass.

The gear seems to have been bumped up a bit relative to the difficulty as well. I got an 880 Eye of Command on our Karazhan key, gave it away to our hunter as she had given me an 880 Horn of Valor before so I didn't need the EoC.

Jag

Doing a turnin for a Broken Shore building construction is 150 reputation.

You can also hold your building turnins for the Mage Tower to be built and get the rep buff. Wait until the DMF is in town this week and get even more.

The main thing I was looking forward to from this patch are the new artifact appearances but apparently they aren't something we're meant to get for awhile because of how difficult the scenarios are. Yet another thing gated.

At least there will be flying in a few weeks, assuming I can stay interested enough to get the reputation required.

v1perz53

Rolled a Human DK on Tichondrius (I know), went to quest in Hellfire Peninsula after clearing the DK starting area, Honor Hold is being camped, quest givers are all dead, a Belf DH drops down in front of me, cc's me, one shots me and proceeds to camp me for a bit until he gets bored. About what I expected.

So far my limited experience with world PVP as a PVE carebear is this: I've only encountered individual players so far while leveling, everyone at or around my level takes a sniff, sees a Blood DK in full heirlooms and decides that I'm not worth the time or effort. No one has done the /wave emote thing to show they aren't hostile/don't intend to attack, I haven't done the emote thing to anyone but I also haven't been aggressive. Everyone at or around my level seems to not be interested in starting anything. Most other high level players on the other faction I've encountered flat out ignore me. The one player who trolled and camped me for a bit is the standard asshole that seems to troll Hellfire Peninsula no matter what kind of server you're on..PVE, RP, PVP...camping lowbie players and quest givers.

Not an entirely offputting experience so far, definitely makes simple activities gathering or navigating the environment different with constantly having to check my surroundings for other players. What does seem like it could be a shitshow is Legion PVE with WQ's driving high level/geared players around.

All I will say is make sure to get WQGF if you ever expect to get WQs done at 110. Also, make a macro to turn in your emissary quest, I don't think there has been a single day since launch I haven't gotten attacked at the emissary turn in by 10+ horde. Except the Aszuna hub for some reason...

The way cross realm works is different for levelling than it is at 110, so you have yet to experience the true Tichondrius, get ready for some... fun? At least you rolled a tank, which is pretty much the only way to at least guarantee you can turn in your emissaries before dying.

Top Bottom