• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mint

Banned
Lvl19 in Mal'ganis..server is still down :(

Son of Godzilla said:
169 Engineering. Rock

I went totally batshit insane today looking for fucking 3 silver. Basically set up a hut in Beren's Peril and the Ambermill valley leading into Hillsbrad. Ended up with 100 Copper, 80 Tin, and MOTHER FUCKING ZERO SILVER. It's so pathetic, because I had the silver before, I just converted it into contacts so I could conserve space (I already had a few contacts, and the silver bars were taking up valuable space) thinking I would find more silver just as easily.

Trying to make some guns? I felt so stupid, I sold my copper bars for really cheap prices..only to know that I needed them for my engineering

Trasher

Anyone on GAF in the PvP server Eradar? I think I am the only one :( And I am not leaving it since I have a troll shaman up to level 17.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Trasher said:
Anyone on GAF in the PvP server Eradar? I think I am the only one :( And I am not leaving it since I have a troll shaman up to level 17.

This is why the grouping idea is doomed. People are getting built up by now. Sucks, I wish I knew more people playing this game.

AeroGod

Trasher said:

MEE!!! I have a lvl 11 Orc Warlock, my name is Skornn. YAY!

nataku

Hmm. Illidan going down for maintenance for 1 - 2 hours. It was working perfect, too. Wonder why.

EDIT: All Eastern/Central servers are going down. Funny, they said in the first message in-game that downtime would be about an hour. 5 minutes later, another message, this time saying 1-2 hours. Now I go to the forums and the post says 1- 3 hours. :lol

Be surprised if they come up at all tonight. :p

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
nataku said:
Hmm. Illidan going down for maintenance for 1 - 2 hours. It was working perfect, too. Wonder why.

Stormreaver also went down. It was running good too. Hopefully they are doing something to reduce quere times.

Azasomthing or other just went down for 2 hours

We were in the middle of a huge raid got creamed cause a small group attacked the guards...heheh that was fun, but now I'm screwed cause I'm in the middle of horde territory when I log back in

ALL the central servers are down but Bruning something or other and there goes the log in server for the forums

SyNapSe

wtf, they shut eastern and central down so I went to one of my characters on a mountain server. My connection dropped, and it won't retrieve character list anymore. Maybe they hit the wrong switch? :lol

edit: was gonna try to go to official forums to see what's happening and it seems like they are down also.

Mjunter

Just make sure its a low population server Lonestar. You'll hate the queues and waiting otherwise.

Feel sorry for the Khadgar folks. Their server finally comes up after a 3 day wait only to come down for maintenence 25 minutes later.

nataku

Lonestar said:
well, got the game. No idea when I'll log on/install. Or what server.

Here ya go Lone. Blizzard has decided for you. ;)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=78350&p=1&tmp=1#post78350

If you aren't established in game yet and are looking for a place to settle for your World of Warcraft experience, we have some realms to recommend. These realms are fairly low population at the moment -- that means there are no queues to wait through! There is no need to stick to your particular time zone, either; your gameplay experience should be smooth no matter your location.

Without further ado, here is the Recommended Realm List:

Azjol-Nerub
Bloodscalp
Boulderfist
Bronzebeard
Crushridge
Daggerspine
Darkspear
Draenor
Dragonblight
Dunemaul
Feathermoon
Perenolde
Stonemaul
Stormscale
Suramar
Uldum

- Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager

Ramirez

My server went down for 1-2 hour maintence about 30 minutes ago,I was just about to hit lvl 16 and I was really gettin into the game :(

I have a pet bear named PoohBear,rawk :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ah yes, the good ole "which server"

Would choose one with more ex FFXI players, but one of those servers is Mal'ganis :/

Can you create different characthers on different servers? Could eventually create part time characthers in the different servers.

Can you create different characthers on different servers? Could eventually create part time characthers in the different servers.

yeha I have 4 Alliance on one and 2 Horde on another.

and, I'm not as screwed as I figured I could always use the warpbalilty to get to moonwhatever whne I log in...it's better then being in horde land.

nataku

does anyone know where Buzzbox 827 is...apprently asking in gen chat = noob cause "just south" in the quest log is such a detailed explaination I can see the n00bness in the question

they say Mal'Gunese (I'll get it right someday) is coming up soon...with in a few hours

Ramirez

Man I spent close to an hour trying to tame a Grizzly Bear,cuz I wanted a big bear compared to my little one...so after getting my ass kicked by them about 7 times I finally tamed one...only to watch it fuckin shrink to the exact size of my last one,WTF?!?!?!?

Stupid to say the least...:(

someone said that earlier in game....wierd. Do pets grow as they level? Sounds like a square thing to me...in FF a villina turns good and joins you but they know half the shit they did when they fought you and are 1/3 as powerfull

firex

Ramirez said:
Man I spent close to an hour trying to tame a Grizzly Bear,cuz I wanted a big bear compared to my little one...so after getting my ass kicked by them about 7 times I finally tamed one...only to watch it fuckin shrink to the exact size of my last one,WTF?!?!?!?

Stupid to say the least...:(
you should have seen it when hunters first came out. every fucking moron who played the class went and got gigantic elite turtles and bears and shit, so they'd be like bigger than a tauren character and blocked tons of screen (which also made it a pain in the ass grouping, try selecting mobs when there's a hunter pet so big you can't see anything in front of it). now they shrink down and grow as they level.

Rorschach

Come to silvermoon! No lag or Queue! ;b

GAF should choose ONE server to put some alt characters on. A Pacific or Mountain PVP server, perhaps?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Perhaps I'm missing something, or this is some ghey ass shit. Once again, I died in Westfall while questing, and once again (3rd time) I cannot raise once I found my body. No prompt, nothing. I can have the Spirit Healer raise me, but that durability penalty is a big load of horseshit and can suck my ass.

Annoying to say the least.

IJoel

It really sucks we can't form a clan with the GAF people. Right now, I've put quite some hours into my character in Kul'Thazad and it'd be hard as hell to dedicate too much to another character in another server. This is what I've hated the most about this launch.

Screaming_Gremlin

Kintaro said:
Perhaps I'm missing something, or this is some ghey ass shit. Once again, I died in Westfall while questing, and once again (3rd time) I cannot raise once I found my body. No prompt, nothing. I can have the Spirit Healer raise me, but that durability penalty is a big load of horseshit and can suck my ass.

When this happened to me (back when I was on Mal'Ganis) it was caused by lag. Just stand over your body for a while and it will eventually prompt you to ressurect.

hey for some odd reason everytime Azglar goes down I can't log in the forums says log in server down. Since you seem to connect your forum ID to your in game character does that mean when your server is down so is you forum ID?

Rorschach

Great Wasabi Man said:
does anyone know where Buzzbox 827 is...apprently asking in gen chat = noob cause "just south" in the quest log is such a detailed explaination I can see the n00bness in the question
It's right near the pier South of town. Real close to the Inn (When he says "real close" he's not kidding :p).

Clicky

nataku

Kintaro said:

I had this happen once before and a relog fixed it. If you can, logout to the character select screen while over your body, then log back in. That should fix it.

Tamanon

Banned
Alright after making sure my GeForce 4 MX was supported(DAMN YOU EQ2) I'm going to pick the game up to try at least and see how it goes. Thinking about being a Night Elf Rogue, wish GA had a more centralized server for everyone haha.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Contact list is going pretty well...hope it's helping a few of you find people to meet up with. That said....I don't understand why GAF can't come up with a server/type, etc. to meet up on with second or first characters for everyone. We could pick a low population PvP server (so we can all go raiding or what have you) and absolutely clean up in a guild.

Thoughts? I know a lot of you already have a lot of time invested, but the game just launched. You'd still be on the upper tier with the amount of people who are still going to pick up this game.

Kweh

I'd make a character on a new server. There are so many classes I'm wanting to do, starting over many toons was my original aim anyway

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Musashi Wins! said:
Contact list is going pretty well...hope it's helping a few of you find people to meet up with. That said....I don't understand why GAF can't come up with a server/type, etc. to meet up on with second or first characters for everyone. We could pick a low population PvP server (so we can all go raiding or what have you) and absolutely clean up in a guild.

Thoughts? I know a lot of you already have a lot of time invested, but the game just launched. You'd still be on the upper tier with the amount of people who are still going to pick up this game.

Be happy to participate

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
God, I'm so addicted. :( I really really need to stop playing but I just can't.

But things are going good! Just hit 22 last night and my buddies and I are going to be starting a guild shortly. :) And now... some screens!

By far the coolest thing I've experienced in the game so far. This quest involves defending a tower and a few orc huts against an army of centaur, with the help of a handful of Horde NPCs. As the centaur approach the buildings, they start to set them on fire. These screen don't really show how freaking many there were. There were waves of 20 and 30 approaching from both sides at the same time for a good 10-15 minutes. It was freaking awesome :eek:

Just a little guy we found in Wailing Caverns. ;)

My friend Ashe and I spent all night last night finishing a quest to get these hoods. ;)

Belfast

So, is there any more consensus on a central server now? I was gone from my computer all thanksgiving weekend. :(

Edit: Seems like there's not, but if there's any server with a fair number of GAF folk or even just other FFXI players, that'd be enough for me. :)

Mjunter

Ever since Archimonde (the proposed big PVP server) has been online since the 3 day downtime, we have had no queues even during primetime. I guess being on its own database helped alot. You guys should all come on and join the Horde there. Would be playing with numerous PvP guilds from past MMORPGS. :)

Screaming_Gremlin

Musashi Wins! said:

I'd be willing to try this if we can get the people together.

Belfast

Mjunter said:
Ever since Archimonde (the proposed big PVP server) has been online since the 3 day downtime, we have had no queues even during primetime. I guess being on its own database helped alot. You guys should all come on and join the Horde there. Would be playing with numerous PvP guilds from past MMORPGS. :)

I'm thinking about it. Like I said before leaving for the break, SoD v2.0 would be pretty hot. :)

Tamanon

Banned
I'll definitely be in with whatever server we can pick out. I rolled a Human rogue and got her to level 6 thus far. Quite fun. Although I just remembered that I forgot to train my level 6 abilities. o_O! Back to Northshire I'll have to trek.

Plus, if we get this guild thing moving, I won't be 2353423423423523 years behind like I was in FFXI haha.

SyNapSe

Join Burning Legion! :) It's one of the new Central PvP servers, so it's load is normally medium. No queue's or anything like that.

Mal'Ganis would make sense also, if it's running ok with the changeover. A ton of people already have characters on that server.

Belfast

I think its coming down to Archimonde, Mal'Ganis, or one of the newer servers with less people. I just made a Fem Troll Rogue on Archimonde named Sienna if anyone on there wants to add me. But, seriously, we need to settle on one soon and I think it should be one of these three choices.

Belfast

Well, I certainly didn't get it from her! Its the name of a character in the script I'm writing. I tend to steal character names from the crap I make up, so that's where I got it from. Why can't she just use Catzgirl. :p

SyNapSe

Question:

How does Reputation effect you? Do you get quests earlier? Or are some quests only unlocked based on rep.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom