• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being on a PvP server pushes you out of STV pretty fast. Once I got the stuff for my Whirlwind Axe I never went back to it. And I don't plan to for some time. On a PvE server, it's an awesome place to blast through 30-40.

fallout

The key to STV on a PvP server is to quest with people, regardless of how easy the quest is. Even for the simplest quests, me and my guildmates would group up with four or five. It was a blast, we killed so many allies every night.

fallout said:
The key to STV on a PvP server is to quest with people, regardless of how easy the quest is. Even for the simplest quests, me and my guildmates would group up with four or five. It was a blast, we killed so many allies every night.

Unless it's high-full pop. Oh the FUN I had there on Shattered Hand (2 H to 3 A balance). I'd group up with 4 other guys and play healer "for protection". Within minutes we'd be jumped by noob Rogues our level who couldn't gank successfully if their lives depended on it. It'd get quiet for 15 minutes, then the train of 60s would hit. :lol

Good times. It definately helped I came from the crucible of SB, but that place and Ashenvale taught me the ins and outs of a "fun 'n gun Priest".

fallout

Yeah, I actually hated Ashenvale more than STV. Thanks to WSG, it was usually crawling with bored 60s, so you really had no chance. In STV, you could defend yourself.

I remember once, four of us were killing trolls for the those necklaces. We were up on a ledge when my buddy says "Guys, get over here. Allies." We look down and sure enough, 5 of them were down there killing trolls. We rested up, he counted to 3 and we all jumped down and absolutely slaughtered them. Nothing better than death from above.

fallout said:
Yeah, I actually hated Ashenvale more than STV. Thanks to WSG, it was usually crawling with bored 60s, so you really had no chance. In STV, you could defend yourself.

I remember once, four of us were killing trolls for the those necklaces. We were up on a ledge when my buddy says "Guys, get over here. Allies." We look down and sure enough, 5 of them were down there killing trolls. We rested up, he counted to 3 and we all jumped down and absolutely slaughtered them. Nothing better than death from above.

Nah. This was this time last year, (I got the game 3 weeks late after exams. Good call. :p), and it was a freaking infestation of NE Rogues. EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't doubt the pop of that FOTM then would outnumber all Orcs on the server at any time in the day. :lol

Death from above is fun. STV also taught me the joy of the "Ninja Priest". Hide behind foliage or up on a hill; SW:p, Smite, and Mindblast. No directional attacks, no clue where this "Downing" was till it was too late!

Malakhov

Banned
Anyways being alliance and a caster is a welcomed change, it's like I'm playing a whole different game. I'm not leveling as much as I used to before (only level 15 after 3 days of on and off playing) but I'm trying not to burn myself out again. Seeing peeps from my guild doing the high lvl dungeons is motivating me to get to 60 to join them though.

xabre

Banned
Yeah STV is a bastard place to try and level on a PVP server. Was in that area a few weeks back levelling up a warlock; succubus was out constantly as an anti-rogue defence but it was most certainly gank paradise regardless. Making matters worse was that it was a new server, and with everyone levelling at roughly the same pace, it became very populated. Nessingwary's was the worst though, you had to run for your life just to turn in a few quests.

Of course since I got the urge to make a Druid I'll have to go through it all again in a few weeks. Sigh. Least I'll have catform this time.

Ferrio

Banned
Today's MC run was awesome. Before the run we turned in Ony head and got the buff which was fairly normal. But also the darkmoon faire was in town. So we all headed over and pick up a buff of our choice. All rogues got the +10% damage buff.

With those two buffs + normal buffs in mc (kings, might, gift of the wild, battle shout), we were buffed through the roof. It was scary to attack, and we were dishing out damage like nothing. I got my highest clocked Sinister strike of 1027 with a brutality blade. Oh i'm going to miss when the faire leaves.

Notice the DPS, that's only white damage (no Sinister Strike ect). During fights I was clocking 500-700 constant dps.

crazbuffs.jpg

Rahul

Ferrio: try that with the Hakkar buff and drink some mongoose pots, maybe put sharpening stones on your weapons... <3

fallout

SatelliteOfLove said:
Nah. This was this time last year, (I got the game 3 weeks late after exams. Good call. :p), and it was a freaking infestation of NE Rogues. EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't doubt the pop of that FOTM then would outnumber all Orcs on the server at any time in the day. :lol
Rule No. 1 - There's always a rogue.
Rule No. 2 - It's probably a night elf.

We all got very much used to using our "rogue repellant" in STV.

Ferrio said:
Today's MC run was awesome. Before the run we turned in Ony head and got the buff which was fairly normal. But also the darkmoon faire was in town. So we all headed over and pick up a buff of our choice. All rogues got the +10% damage buff.

With those two buffs + normal buffs in mc (kings, might, gift of the wild, battle shout), we were buffed through the roof. It was scary to attack, and we were dishing out damage like nothing. I got my highest clocked Sinister strike of 1027 with a brutality blade. Oh i'm going to miss when the faire leaves.

Notice the DPS, that's only white damage (no Sinister Strike ect). During fights I was clocking 500-700 constant dps.

crazbuffs.jpg

wtb you good gear pst

jk <3

LukeSmith

PezRadar said:
wtb you good gear pst

jk <3

In before the thread turns into an E-peen war.

Actually, though. I wouldnt mind seeing everyone's wow.alla profiles (assuming some of you have them) throw up some links.

Scoot said:
Actually, though. I wouldnt mind seeing everyone's wow.alla profiles (assuming some of you have them) throw up some links.
Allakhazam's wowreader hijacked my girlfriend's account, and it's the reason Blizzard put up all those "don't use third-party programs" warnings a few months ago. She was sleeping in the bedroom and her character logged on. That was a scary night.

Trasher

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Allakhazam's wowreader hijacked my girlfriend's account, and it's the reason Blizzard put up all those "don't use third-party programs" warnings a few months ago. She was sleeping in the bedroom and her character logged on. That was a scary night.

I changed my password after I updated my profile :)

SaitoH

Scoot said:
In before the thread turns into an E-peen war.

Before I post em, I should mention I'm not a raider.

Aviendha
Casca
Elmindreda

I'm happy with it for the most part. Aviendha and Casca have pretty much everything I want including epic mounts. Min just reached 60 a few weeks ago, so lotsa stuff to get yet.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?90755

A few months old I think. Only things I notice that are really out of date is no Sapphiron Drape or whatever rag's agi cloak is and no ZG chant on pants. Oh and I finally got my ony scale cloak made. I've been raiding for over six months and no GS/DS bracers have ever dropped. Fun shit. Oh and check out my awesome talent build. I had to gimp myself to make pvp more fun.

I decided to drop WoW. Been meaning to for a long time. Some friends convinced me to give their guild a try, but after slaving through a terribly boring (Aren't they all?) 4 hour MC clear and a night of BWL it became obvious I no longer gave a damn about the game's progression. Guild I was joining got first horde nef kill two days after I stopped raiding too. I'm glad I called it though, even if I never got to see nef. Did Flamegor for the first time too, and it's one of the funnest fights in the game as a hunter, but just once is fine enough for me. Seeing that mother fucker freak out is a beautiful sight, all the more hectic keeping track of tranq shots with the spammiest raid chat I've ever seen. Hell, all of BWL is alot more friendly to hunters instead of just one to pull for the night and a couple to help on bosses MC crap. Still pretty dull though.

hobart

Son of Godzilla said:
Oh and I recently liquidated all my assets before they become worthless (About 800 Encrypted Texts, 150 ZG coins), any advice on how to spend 1600 gold?

I'd say don't... I know you'll be back. But... if yer hell bent on leaving... you could always give it to me ;) I'm easy.

Mala:

Yah... I hit 60 2-3 weeks ago... there were just too many, "You aren't 60 yet?" jokes floating around my guild (and /list friends) that I just grinded the shit outa 53-60. 60 is nice... but I'm finding it hard to keep up without leet gear. My guild's weird raid schedule isn't helping me either.

Ramirez

I've started my Hunter epic quest this past week,so far I've downed Ungoro/Burning Steppes,both on my 2nd try of each...had the WS demon to 1 damn percent tonight and some alliance mage started frostbolting me and then sheeped me, so the demon flew off,real fucking cool.

Ramirez

3 demons dead,1 to go...I can only imagine how shitty this fight is gonna be considering how much traffic is in Silithus now >.>

Ramirez

Welp,the demon quest is done,got 3 of them on my first spawn,and the only one that gave me trouble was the Winterspring one,other than that,fairly smooth fights...Silithus was by far the funnest...now,just hope a Sinew drops tomorrow :|

hobart

Nicely done... my guild is actually progressing rather nicely thru MC at the moment... a couple bosses from Rag... but our progress has really been note worthy.

Malakhov

Banned
My guild has been downing Rag for a while now, sucks seeing them raid night after nights while I level up my new char but oh well, it'll be worth it.

Ferrio

Banned
I've been with my guild since the beggining, signed the charter back in november last year. We didn't become a raiding guild until about 4 months ago, and it's been a steedy climb from there.

In other news, I'm getting closer and closer

thunderfurymats.jpg

Ferrio said:
I've been with my guild since the beggining, signed the charter back in november last year. We didn't become a raiding guild until about 4 months ago, and it's been a steedy climb from there.

In other news, I'm getting closer and closer

thunderfurymats.jpg

It is nice to see a breakthru, isn't it? Your character's gear and rep stalls from unforseen problems, but then things come to pass that give you that OOMFF to bigger and better things. You're not even playing much or even less, just getting more out of every hour logged on.

WedgeX

Banned
As school's over for a few weeks, started up again with a new character (dwarf hunter haha), can anyone point me in a decent direction to go for in terms of talents?

WedgeX said:
As school's over for a few weeks, started up again with a new character (dwarf hunter haha), can anyone point me in a decent direction to go for in terms of talents?
As a hunter, anything you pick will be good. Just pick whatever looks best to you, you won't be gimped. I might suggest not to go full Marksmanship, because that's more of an end-game pure damage thing, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom