• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazre

Some nice chocholates that can give +13 defence, + spell damage, and +2% to hit as well as a choice of rose blossoms or silver arrows that can attach a pet to another player.

Dresses are a quest line that starts in IF in front of the bank or SW in front of the bank.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mazre said:
Some nice chocholates that can give +13 defence, + spell damage, and +2% to hit as well as a choice of rose blossoms or silver arrows that can attach a pet to another player.

I got these things from the guards, and as part of the quest you mention, that starts in front of the bank (haven't finished it..once I spoke to the guy in the Fine Threads shop, I hadn't a clue where to go next :/ i'm a noob). The Stormwind gift collection is what you get combining 5 homemade breads, 5 cards and 5 stormwind pledges, that you get in exchange for love tokens. The alliance collection is got my combining collections from different cities, but surely you get more than a box of chocolates that you can get as part of that quest?

About the pets..I seem to have acquiried a little orc-like "cupid" called peddlefeet. I have the silver arrows to transfer him to another player, but i'm not quite sure if i should get rid of him yet. Does anyone know what it does?

Well, we wiped sevaral times on Hakkar. Then our GM had a RL emergency to take care of(nothing serious but he had to log). I dont think that anyone in our group has faced a fight quite like this before. So it will take some practice. I am confident that we will get him though.

And to clarify, it was really only one pally(to my knowledge) that is bitching. The others were dissapointed that they did not get to go, but they handled it pretty well. Our GM decided last night to take people that have been to ZG a lot. Everyone seemed to understand and took it well(except for that one pally).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of re-activating my WoW account while I have a bit of time off uni, but it'd be better to play with people who a) vaguely know what they're doing, and b) are not total morons.

... Don't ask me why I came to GAF first ;] But seriously, folks, are you all really far on in this game? Or are any of you either just starting out, or playing with low-level alts (my mains are about lvl 20-30 and on Bladefist/Agamaggan).

Give me reasons to throw away my life again!

Joe

yeah so i got the orgrimmar, thunder bluff, and undercity gift collections to form a horde gift collection and i got nothing significant in return. i was warned these holiday quests dont give you much but it was kind of fun while i was doing it. i feel kind of used.

xabre

Banned
Joe said:
yeah so i got the orgrimmar, thunder bluff, and undercity gift collections to form a horde gift collection and i got nothing significant in return. i was warned these holiday quests dont give you much but it was kind of fun while i was doing it. i feel kind of used.

I know, I spent a gold on perfume and cologne and all I got was some lousy chocolates.

firex

I like the chocolates, but what I'm really interested in are the buffs. It's probably the same on alliance as horde, but for horde, if you /kiss the leaders in the 3 capitals, you can get +30 agi, stam or int depending upon the city (UC is int, I'm not sure which one between Orgrimmar/TB is stam/agi).

etiolate

Banned
Everything ignored my gnome ass so I quickly gave up on the valentine quests. Though I did see somebody running around with tons of stuff on them, including +30 stamina and %10 armor increase.

Decided to play my first Alterac Valley last night. Lost, although we were storming up at the beginning and working on stormpike until they called the ram riders. And they took back Stonehearth GY and we spent most of our time then trying to keep Ironblood. :( It was fun, though. It's pretty nuts, though.

OK after many days/hours/millenia with a rogue....I've re-rerolled a warlock. I've tried mages/priests before and never got into the casting class, but warlocks suit me just fine. I think its the pet versatility.

So far (lvl21) I'm running up the Affliction tree, with a short stop at demonology. Everyone I talk to says Affliction until 60 then try either Soul Link or a MS/DS build. I have a liking for my minions, is that telling me to go Soul Link? How useful is Soul Link build in endgame?

I call out to the GAF 'lock mentors!

border

It's not that hard to explain....

When you do certian things for your guild, you get some predetermined number of DKPoints. When good loot drops, DKP is used to determine who gets it instead of a random roll. Items may be sold for DKP, auctioned for DKP, or rolled for using DKP (your total DKP is the max possible value of the roll....then if you win the roll you have a certain amount of DKP deducted from your total).

Simple DKP illustration: Your raid kills a boss, you get 5 points. Every piece of loot is 30 points. The raid leader goes down the list of players based on highest DKP, and whoever is willing to spend their current points will spend 30 points and receive the item. Continue forever.

So, for every event you attend, you earn points that you use to have priority over others and spend on epics. It keeps things fair so that those that have contributed the most will have the most points and receive the most gear in the long run.

So basically it's like this (for a zero sum system anyway):

You kill a boss, he drops 2 breastplates and a weapon. Each breastplate is 80DKP and the weapon is 140 DKP. So the total cost from the boss is 80+80+140 = 300 DKP.

Ok so everyone in the raid gets the total DKP divided by the number of people in the raid. In the case of a MC or BWL raid it'd probably be 300/40 = 7.5 DKP. So for that boss, everyone that raid gets 7.5 DKP added to their cumulative DKP. And then the people who have the most DKP that are in on each item have that amount of DKP subtracted.

So let's say some guy has 43 DKP previously and he wins one of the breastplates. So for him it would 43+7.5-80 = -29.5 DKP when all is said and done.

Azwethinkweiz said:
So basically it's like this (for a zero sum system anyway):

You kill a boss, he drops 2 breastplates and a weapon. Each breastplate is 80DKP and the weapon is 140 DKP. So the total cost from the boss is 80+80+140 = 300 DKP.

Ok so everyone in the raid gets the total DKP divided by the number of people in the raid. In the case of a MC or BWL raid it'd probably be 300/40 = 7.5 DKP. So for that boss, everyone that raid gets 7.5 DKP added to their cumulative DKP. And then the people who have the most DKP that are in on each item have that amount of DKP subtracted.

So let's say some guy has 43 DKP previously and he wins one of the breastplates. So for him it would 43+7.5-80 = -29.5 DKP when all is said and done.

Zero sum makes much sense as far as checks and balances IMO. Otherwise it can be the oldtimers over the newbies over and over.

My guild does a bidding system.

Each run is valued at a certain amount of dkp. MC is 10 from Luci -> Rag (takes us 3 hrs now), and BWL from Raz -> Chrom is 15, while Nef is 15. Onyxia is 5, and Azur/Kazzak/World Drags is 5.

Each item has a minimum value thats predetermined before the run, but druids have a higher min value since lack of druids and high amount of there items. When an item drops we send in a secret dkp value to our loot master. He then determines who wins the items. Some items are locked to certain classes until a certain prereq has been fullfilled. IE: Staff of Shadow Flame goes to Warlocks/Mages before a Druid.

Works really well, and if colluding occurs, its easily noticeable and action is taken.

Our guild uses the zero sum points system for MC. The way it works is that everytime an epic drops everyone currently in the raid gets a point. The amount that epics are worth is the same as the amount of people in the raid at that time. So if there are 40 people at the time an epic drops, that item is worth 40 points. You do have negative numbers once you get an epic. We dont use a point system for ZG or if an epic drops in places like Scholo or strath. So far it has worked pretty good, IMO. The next mage item that drops in MC is mine if I want it since i have the most points out of all the mages:)

etiolate

Banned
People really don't know what to do with Warlock stuff.

I mean, I soulstone people and more than half the time they don't use it when they die. I get asked for summons and have to explain to everyone that you just click on the portal and not move. It normally takes a couple tries. It normally takes 5 minutes to get just two people to spare 2 seconds to do the summon to begin with.

Mzo

Yeah!

We pulled Chromaggus to the ramp and wiped in about 3 minutes.

Then we tanked him in the doorway before the handle, and we downed him second try.

There was a lot of screaming nerd excitement.

explodet

Druids!
Paladins!
Shamans!

Tired of having nothing in your ranged slot while everyone else carries around ranged items with nifty stats?
Don't despair, for in patch 1.10 they'll be adding new items called Relics!

Eyonix said:
Below I've listed the description of three different relics (one for each applicable class). Idols are the Druid relics, Totems are for Shamans, and Librams are for Paladins. These relic items will be live in patch 1.10.

Druid

Idol of Rejuvination
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Increases the healing per 3 seconds on your Rejuvenation by up to 10

Shaman

Totem of Rebirth
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Reduces the cooldown of your Reincarnation ability by 10 minutes.

Paladin

Libram of Hope
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Reduces the mana cost of your Seal spells by 20
... I'm hoping these aren't the only relics available, and there are others in the works.
But it's still better than carrying around Egan's Blaster all the time.

border

All the WoW machinima I've seen has been terrible . I'm pretty well-convinced that WoW fans are idiots who sit around laughing at crummy rehashes of Monty Python and jokes about different races having sex.

etiolate said:
People really don't know what to do with Warlock stuff.

I mean, I soulstone people and more than half the time they don't use it when they die. I get asked for summons and have to explain to everyone that you just click on the portal and not move. It normally takes a couple tries. It normally takes 5 minutes to get just two people to spare 2 seconds to do the summon to begin with.

OMG I just had this happen to me today too. We were running the VC/Deadmines and some idiot warrior who had no clue almost got the party wiped with his aggro mismanagement (thought he should not have to use defensive stance as a tank and kept on pulling multi-mobs)

So we were going to summon out party to us once they hit the instance, and it took 8 tries before I could talk them into right-clicking and standing still AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME. Before the last try, I literally just sat down out of disgust.

Twice the morons didn't use a soulstone as well. What is the point?

On a more positive note, Warlocks fucking rock! I had more health than the warrior 3 lvls higher than me, and never went below 3/4 mana or pulled unnecissary aggro the whole instance. :D

xabre

Banned
krypt0nian said:
On a more positive note, Warlocks fucking rock!

They do but I'm convinced Druids are the most enjoyable class in the game. Nothing like sneaking up on a group of allies, tearing up a cloth wearer and then switching to travel form to get the hell out of there.

Locks make one hell of a PvP class at high levels though. Destructo can be brutal for damage and demon is fantasic for survivability.

Tortfeasor

Hey all. Just reactivated and want to find a good server. My old ones are all overpopulated to the point of constant queing. I prefer PVP...

Any advice? Have new servers gone up anytime recently?

Ferrio

Banned
Guild took down Vael.

We then took the remaining people who didn't need to go to bed and almost go up to bloodlord before the supression room did us in. Heh we were mostly red from the vael fight.

Since the AQ gates opened yesterday my guild made it's first attempt at AQ20 this evening. The first boss was super insane easy and then of course blizzard puts the second toughest boss in the zone in the #2 spot. Took us a few hours but we finally figured out how to beat him(here's a hint, let the NPC general tank). We got to the third boss about 20 minutes later and dropped her on our first attempt. It was midnight at that point so we decided to call it a night. Really fun zone though.

etiolate

Banned
On a more positive note, Warlocks fucking rock! I had more health than the warrior 3 lvls higher than me, and never went below 3/4 mana or pulled unnecissary aggro the whole instance.

What sort of lock are you?

Early on I didn't have mana issues like I saw priests and mages having, but now at 39 my dest lock eats up lots of mana. I am also grabbing more aggro. The affliction DOTs don't get me attention, but a Immolate or Shadowbolt sure wakes them up.

Tamanon

Banned
etiolate said:
What sort of lock are you?

Early on I didn't have mana issues like I saw priests and mages having, but now at 39 my dest lock eats up lots of mana. I am also grabbing more aggro. The affliction DOTs don't get me attention, but a Immolate or Shadowbolt sure wakes them up.

Judging by the quote about health and mana levels I'd say he's a Soul Link warlock.:)

Tritroid

Ferrio said:
Guild took down Vael.

We then took the remaining people who didn't need to go to bed and almost go up to bloodlord before the supression room did us in. Heh we were mostly red from the vael fight.
That supression room is one example of horrible design by blizzard. There's no skill involved there, just tedious clearing. Anyway, good luck on Broodlord, people say he's easy but if your tanks don't have high HP + good defense and gear, they're going to drop pretty quick. Come prepared to use up a few flasks of titans.

My guild is up to Firemaw as of last night. We had him to 13% on our last try and called it a night....SO FRUSTRATING. :p

Tamanon said:
Judging by the quote about health and mana levels I'd say he's a Soul Link warlock.:)

Oddly enough I'm only lvl21 and my points are in Affliction (Imp Corruption) with a few for Demonology for Imp Healthstone and Demonic Embrace. I have mostly STA gear, with some INT for good measure.

Fuk soul link! ITS ALL ABOUT AFFLICTION BABY! im at 3000 hp 4000 mana right now. My dots are the devil and my life drain doesnt get interuppted by much.

woooahahahah.

I just noticed my felhunter has 98 resists on everything now haha :p

My guild killed Ony (took forever to get people through the quest chain) and Rag for the first time this weekend and started on BWL yesterday. The Razorgore fight is really interesting. A nice change from MC.

Actually I'd rank Razorgore as the funnest fight in BWL, and only less "interesting" or whatever than Vael and Firemaw. Everything else is just combinations of other encounters taken to extremes.

Fusebox

Banned
Ours is similar to yours Pez but we score the run on seperate bosses to make it fair when people drop out or miss fights. 1 pt for turning up on time, 1 for each boss, 2 pts for Rag. Minimum bid is 10 pts except for Rag and Domos chest and thats minimum 15 pt bids.

Boomer

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
No it's not.

But if you find it interesting, some of the other bosses in BWL will floor you. :)

:lol Way to tell someone their opinion. Razorgore is the most interesting fight in BWL until Chromaggus. The rest are boring.

Boomer

fallout said:
Gah ... I'm never respeccing as a Shaman again. Since you lose everything, I had to skill-up 2h maces from 0 to 300 again.

wtf? i've respecced several times and never lost my weapon skills.

"wtf? i've respecced several times and never lost my weapon skills."

Shamans only get 2H maces and axes via a talent, it's not a natural trained skill. So respeccing makes you lose the entire skill and start over, I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom