• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

damn, i didn''t know i was gay. either that or MAF is pissed cause SL locks always beat affliction locks, they are the rock to the affliction's scissors!

Tamanon

Banned
cheney1.jpg
:lol

Ferrio

Banned
We killed Razorgore for the 4th time. Our THIRD untamed blade dropped. We're 3 outta 4......CRAZY.

Vael also went down after 3 attempts... for our 2nd time... so doubt we have to worry about him much.

Broodlord monday.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Vael is the second hardest boss in BWL next to Nefarion. FACT.

Once you have him on farm status it's usually a straight shot to Nef.
Confirmed.

Unless your tanks are god-awful and can't handle the drakes. One badly geared or poor playing tank can ruin it for everyone.

Tritroid

I don't understand why people say Vael is the one of the hardest fights in BWL...my guild downed him on our 4th attempt and haven't really had problems with him since. :\

Hell, we had more problems with Broodlord and aggro control than we did Vael.

firex

It's probably because you have to manage insane healing, and dps, and avoid blowing up the raid when you get BA, while all you really have to do on drakes is manage your aggro and have tanks do a taunt rotation on wing buffets.

though I'll readily admit my guild hasn't killed Vael yet (mostly cause our gear SUCKS, every time we clear MC and ZG we get a bunch of caster loot).

A guy in my guild completed the set of epic fist weapons from ZG last night and when you have both and they proc you actually turn into the tiger boss. It's crazy. I would post a screenshot but I don't have the time right now.

Ryu

What a coincidence... A guy in my guild completed the same set last night as well. We then went on to Hakkar-easy-mode and stomped him. Not bad killing Hakkar and Nefarion in the same night. I'm waiting patiently for so few drops... It's too bad they're all off Chromaggus and Nefarion as we usually do 3-4 named in BWL each night starting on Tuesday's before one-shotting Nefarion. Ah well, next Sunday we'll be treating BWL like MC and clearing it all in one sitting. Here's hoping for speed and no wipes...

SyNapSe

The priest changes are due to go up on the talent calculator sometime mid-next week! Probably means the test server will be up reasonably soon thereafter, and who doesn't like trying out free respecs! woot

Ferrio

Banned
Got my second ZG enchant on my BloodFang pants.

748 ATK PWR
28 dodge now.

It's funny I just started running AV again. Last time I did it was when Iwas in complete blues. I freaking mow through that place now.

Koopa

Because when vael starts being a prick and singleing out your Priests, your fucked... We usually dont have issues with vael unless he burns 1-2 of our main priests at the start which seams like the norm for him the first time around...

Rogues usually don't vanish properly at 23% like they should and he can cause issues.

But once you get him down the first time, its a residual decrease of difficulty. We usually have a rogue or two tank him at the end... because depending on burning fopaus

firex

my guild dropped vael for the first time last night!

also, is AQ about to open on anybody else's server? The gong becomes activatable at 5:11 AM EST on Kilrogg sunday morning. so I'm prepared for a million crashes and disconnects, but the raiding to slaughter all the insta spawn silithids should be fun! Our plan is to grind up to neutral with Nozdormu off all the trash (supposedly very doable, used to be you could get up to revered but they capped it at neutral now).

Koopa

Yah.. thats why were actually doing a MC run today... enough people are stoaked enough to actually commit to a saturday... have 44 people on.. 9 priests.. and were not raiding for another 5 hours.

Were gonna push for a 25/15 split as the 25 will go down Luci and Mag while the other clear to Gil and summon back and forth depending on loot.

And the same with sulf and Gole but that will probably be a 20/20 split..

Hopefully tuseday my hunter will pick up an Untamed Blade... I wanna start dicking people in WSG with it.. They already run when I pull out my Ashjre'thul and start multishotting in full giantstalker...

All I need is my breastplate and feet so I can start busting massive aimed shots in full dragonstalker.. dropping mildy geared pallys then putting on a mind control cap and emoting my distaste for humans.

Mazre

AQ just opened on Arthas very conveniently on Friday afternoon at 4 PM. The server crashed about 4-5 times before the gong rang and was then extremely lagged for about 1 and half hours following. After that point, while slightly laggy, was extremely enjoyable until the final charge which once again became 20-30 second instants.

I'd say neutral is definitely manageable to obtain, though is significantly easier if you also have the head of the broodlord quest completed and can turn in the carapaces, the supreme flayers around the various crystal formations in silithus drop 100-200 fragments each and are worth 50 rep themselves.

The mobs around the gate go for 250 for the colossal anubisaths while the destroyers are 375. These pretty much require a large raid 30-40 to take down efficiently and are likely to be heavily camped.

The various crystal formations with "supreme" mobs around tanaris have 2 anubisaths worth 100 rep, a liutenant general for 150, and 6-8 flayers worth 50 (+ carapaces as mentioned). These can be quickly cleared and the larger mobs always drop high level greens and occasionally blues. Additionally occasionally the generals are replaced by a named general Nokhor who is white, he's pretty tough but can be kited to guards easily and drops a guaranteed lvl 58-60 BOE epic. Our drops included Alcor's Sunrazor, Hand of Edward the Odd, Cloudkeeper Legplates, Lady Mayes Pendant, and several others. He's also worth 500 rep so be on the lookout for him if you're rep farming.

Approximately every 40 minutes or so a wave of progressively stronger mobs will march towards cenarion hold and the assembled NPC force, claiming tags and letting the NPCs do the dirty work is easy rep/loots. There will be a yell by various NPCs when this occurs.

Finally theres also the colossi for each hive, Regal, Zora, and Ashi. These are extremely large bugs that hit for about 4-5k non-crit and periodically let loose a 4-5k aoe knockback that upon landing will do 100% dmg too. I survived this once as a rogue wearing my duskbat drape with about 150 health left after flying halfway across silithus. My guild managed to take the Hive Ashi colossus down by chain pulling it to Cenarion hold, this is harder than it sounds as the mentioned AOE has about a 100 yd range, if you can see the bug you're gonna go flying. The trick is to set up chain of people to keep him from de-aggroing, hunter traps set in a line with the hunters as far back as possible are extremely helpful for this as are pallies bubble pulling him along. The other option is to chain zerg the colossi as they do not regen health between pulls, this is gonna take several tries likely incurring a very heavy repair bill. The rewards are 2k rep, 2 BOE epics and a quest to either BB, thorium point, or the argent dawn with a husk fragment for a bag of loot with a decent chance of a nice BOE blue (I got a lousy green). Anyone can take the quest within a time period of the colossus being killed, the quest givers are in cenarion hold near the turn in for "The Calling.

Overall it was a pretty damn fun evening.

firex

sweet, thanks for the info. Do the husks and stuff drop even if you haven't turned in broodlord's head? i.e. could you gather those items and save them until you get broodlord's head, then turn that in, then turn in all the carapaces and such for rep as well? Or do they require having completed "Only One May Rise" first?

Mazre said:
AQ just opened on Arthas very conveniently on Friday afternoon at 4 PM. The server crashed about 4-5 times before the gong rang and was then extremely lagged for about 1 and half hours following. After that point, while slightly laggy, was extremely enjoyable until the final charge which once again became 20-30 second instants.

I'd say neutral is definitely manageable to obtain, though is significantly easier if you also have the head of the broodlord quest completed and can turn in the carapaces, the supreme flayers around the various crystal formations in silithus drop 100-200 fragments each and are worth 50 rep themselves.

The mobs around the gate go for 250 for the colossal anubisaths while the destroyers are 375. These pretty much require a large raid 30-40 to take down efficiently and are likely to be heavily camped.

The various crystal formations with "supreme" mobs around tanaris have 2 anubisaths worth 100 rep, a liutenant general for 150, and 6-8 flayers worth 50 (+ carapaces as mentioned). These can be quickly cleared and the larger mobs always drop high level greens and occasionally blues. Additionally occasionally the generals are replaced by a named general Nokhor who is white, he's pretty tough but can be kited to guards easily and drops a guaranteed lvl 58-60 BOE epic. Our drops included Alcor's Sunrazor, Hand of Edward the Odd, Cloudkeeper Legplates, Lady Mayes Pendant, and several others. He's also worth 500 rep so be on the lookout for him if you're rep farming.

Approximately every 40 minutes or so a wave of progressively stronger mobs will march towards cenarion hold and the assembled NPC force, claiming tags and letting the NPCs do the dirty work is easy rep/loots. There will be a yell by various NPCs when this occurs.

Finally theres also the colossi for each hive, Regal, Zora, and Ashi. These are extremely large bugs that hit for about 4-5k non-crit and periodically let loose a 4-5k aoe knockback that upon landing will do 100% dmg too. I survived this once as a rogue wearing my duskbat drape with about 150 health left after flying halfway across silithus. My guild managed to take the Hive Ashi colossus down by chain pulling it to Cenarion hold, this is harder than it sounds as the mentioned AOE has about a 100 yd range, if you can see the bug you're gonna go flying. The trick is to set up chain of people to keep him from de-aggroing, hunter traps set in a line with the hunters as far back as possible are extremely helpful for this as are pallies bubble pulling him along. The other option is to chain zerg the colossi as they do not regen health between pulls, this is gonna take several tries likely incurring a very heavy repair bill. The rewards are 2k rep, 2 BOE epics and a quest to either BB, thorium point, or the argent dawn with a husk fragment for a bag of loot with a decent chance of a nice BOE blue (I got a lousy green). Anyone can take the quest within a time period of the colossus being killed, the quest givers are in cenarion hold near the turn in for "The Calling.

Overall it was a pretty damn fun evening.

Sweet! The gates open on Argent Dawn tomorrow. That was some super-informative info, thanks a ton man!

Mazre

You don't have to complete "Only One May Rise" to collect the carapaces but you do have to be deputized by someone who has, and of course you can't turn them in until you've completed the quest. Carapaces stop giving rep after neutral as well, while the rep from mobs outside AQ give rep to 2999/3000 Neutral.

Yeah on Bloodhoof today saturday 18th the gates of AQ opened and we had about 1000 people waiting. Well sad to say crashed server about 3 or 4 times, and the main alliance guild "fury of war" instead of waiting and helping kill mobs rush into the instance lol. Oh well didn't necessarily need them they just are bitchs b/c they tried to get on everyones good side to help open the gates then they just leave us. End of story

epmode

ToyMachine228 said:
So is 20-man AQ really really hard or is it only the 40-man AQ that's insanely difficult?
I hear that it's a bit more difficult than Zul'Gurub, but nowhere near AQ40. I won't be able to find out for sure until Tuesday night.

Azwethinkweiz said:
AQ20 is easier than ZG. We killed every boss on our first attempt except for the second one and Ossirion.

Good to hear. That means my guild will be raiding Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Onyxia and 20-man AQ weekly. More loot for everyone.

explodet

Son of Godzilla said:
Hilarious:

poorony.jpg

Yes, she died up there.
I heard that this was possible... the question is, could you reach the body to get the loot? If not, did you have to submit a ticket to a GM?

Boomer said:
You're on Greymane right? What guild?

No my first character was on Greymane, but I met up with an old friend who I went to high school with at college, and found out he plays WoW too. So I made a new character on the Magtheridon server where he is, and is an officer in the guild Order of Blinding Light. Really good guild, and I'm glad to be part of it.

Hey I know a couple of people on Magtheridon. A bunch of people from my old Linkshell in FFXI are there. They're all in Pain Train. I made a rogue alt so I could log on from time to time to talk to them when I'm bored of waiting on BGs on my server.

Ferrio

Banned
BroodLord down, 2nd try.

Also picked up another elementium ore on the second pack (8 more to go!). Hopefully friday we'll quickly be able to clear up past BL and attempt firemaw.

yacobod

Banned
old hat for a lot of peeps

but we downed onyxia for the first time last night

was a lot of fun to get it done

on our first attempt the we lagged out at the start of phase 3

on the second attempt we wiped at 2%

downed her on the 3rd attempt woot

yacobod said:
old hat for a lot of peeps

but we downed onyxia for the first time last night

was a lot of fun to get it done

on our first attempt the we lagged out at the start of phase 3

on the second attempt we wiped at 2%

downed her on the 3rd attempt woot

Hot. We iced Hakkar last night for the first time, (half clear run). Lots of Mage/Warlock stuff dropped, too. Not a one of those 2 classes went without. :lol

Going to try a full minimum clear (Aspects and Hakkar) in 30 minutes. This should be good.

firex

SaitoH said:
Saw this last night:

whatthe2eg.jpg

whatthe10ao.jpg

How does one accomplish this feat?

>_>
get exalted with Timbermaw Hold and you will get a trinket as a reward that lets you summon that timbermaw ally. It's actually pretty powerful for an npc guardian.

firex

all right guys, i've got 2 warriors: one's alliance and one's horde. Horde one I talked about earlier, the fury/prot build, but since I've got this alli one I figure I may as well try a 2her MS build with him (won't have a bigass guild to worry about bidding against other wars for 2hers with this guy). But I'm thinking of like a 36 arms/15 prot build (only cause I will have to tank 5 man stuff, so I figure I'll get defiance). So what do you other warriors think is good?

I was looking at something like this. (anger management may really suck ass now; I know they fixed the bug ages ago where it constantly generated rage, but I figure it's either that or rank 1 improved charge)

on a side note, I kind of wish sword spec wasn't the best. I'm just one of those geeks that gets bored of the rpg cliche of a warrior with a big sword though.

calder

Ah shit, forgot about this forum.

I picked up WoW today and am about to install this beast. Any server common to a few GAF players?

My guild killed Ossirian for the first time Monday night, one week after gates were opened. Holy God this guy is harder than most bosses in MC/BWL. Tons of fun figuring out the fight though.

ossirian.jpg

For all you guys having trouble with Hakkar, don't even bother with Ossirian. This fight is exponentially harder. However, the rest of the zone could probably be done with a pubby group.

firex

that's in AQ20? first real shot my guild had, we downed kurinaxx, rajaxx and buru the gorger (what an easy, but fun fight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom