• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoH

firex said:
get exalted with Timbermaw Hold and you will get a trinket as a reward that lets you summon that timbermaw ally. It's actually pretty powerful for an npc guardian.

No, that was a human rogue using Dartol's Rod of Transformation and Noggenfogger to shrink. I got that part, but how did he manage to ride a mount while transformed? I heard druids can rid mounts in moonkin form too ...

dave is ok

aztek is ok
firex said:
that's in AQ20? first real shot my guild had, we downed kurinaxx, rajaxx and buru the gorger (what an easy, but fun fight).
We had a one percent wipe on Buru on our first try, we'll get him tonight. That fight seems pretty easy/awesome. I kind of hate the Rajaxx encounter though, first try the Lieutenant chased a feared mob behind an invisbile wall during the sixth wave and died.

firex said:
my guild dropped vael for the first time last night!

also, is AQ about to open on anybody else's server? The gong becomes activatable at 5:11 AM EST on Kilrogg sunday morning. so I'm prepared for a million crashes and disconnects, but the raiding to slaughter all the insta spawn silithids should be fun! Our plan is to grind up to neutral with Nozdormu off all the trash (supposedly very doable, used to be you could get up to revered but they capped it at neutral now).

a bit late on he reply but the gates opened on azgalor last night and of course online drama ensued.

A guild called Zenith had the septor and the leader is #1 example of why I WILL NOT JOIN A RAIDING GUILD. HE pulls the "Na Na Na Poo Poo I have the septor and you don't :p" He refused to open the gates. Other members of the guild kept calling people noobs and babies on the forums claiming that it was too early to ring the gong. That basically we're all stupid and should learn how to count...

Apprently too early ment that the could ring it now but won't cause the jocks in his jr high gave him a swirly so he was gonna take it out on pixels. Another power guild on the alliance side this time was about to finish the spetor and of course Zenith tried to stop them...obvioulsy a PvE guild ona PvP server.

SUPRISE! now that someone else had the spetor it was suddenly 5 DAYS magically passed and everyone raced to Sitilus...3 server crashes 3 roll backs later and one of the longest flights between Moonglade and Silitus EVER the gong was rung.

Now the 2 FPS lag fest of a battle begins. The whole time I couldn't get off my mount so I joined a raid and PUGed AQ20. We got to the first boss, really just to see what it was like. It seems easier the ZG...much easier. MEan while the server must have crashed a few more times and a roll back or 2...GG! Blizzard!

Oh and the leaderof Zenith claims they planned on openign the gates last night but we weren't worthy if such an honor.

firex said:
that's in AQ20? first real shot my guild had, we downed kurinaxx, rajaxx and buru the gorger (what an easy, but fun fight).

Yeah, that's the last boss of AQ20.

Also, quick tip for people doing rajaxx. Don't talk to the general and the elites until after the third captain pull. That third captain does some AoE lightning thing that can easily take out the general and the elites. Also, let the general tank rajaxx. He's immune to the knockback so just keep him healed and he can tank the whole fight. You get like 1000 bonus Cenarion rep if you keep him and the elites up the whole fight, so it's definitely worth it.

firex

we actually graveyard zerged him cause we didn't want the general and stuff to wipe. but now that I know he's immune to the knockback I'll share that with my guild.

and Buru, yeah, it's fun. I recommend getting him down to 22-21% and then leading him right on top of an egg, then fear bombing the hatchlings that spawn. If he's on top of an egg explosion he'll drop down to 15% and you can immediately start dpsing him.

SaitoH said:
No, that was a human rogue using Dartol's Rod of Transformation and Noggenfogger to shrink. I got that part, but how did he manage to ride a mount while transformed? I heard druids can rid mounts in moonkin form too ...

Use a noggenfogger or the transformation shitz, then down a deviate delight or use an orb of deception. Mount. Then right click the deviate/orb buff off, you are still mounted and transformed into the skeleton/bear.

SaitoH

rocks6sm.jpg

=D

Azwethinkweiz said:
Don't talk to the general and the elites until after the third captain pull. That third captain does some AoE lightning thing that can easily take out the general and the elites.
I kept telling my guild to do this but no one listened. :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Great Wasabi Man said:
Oh and the leaderof Zenith claims they planned on openign the gates last night but we weren't worthy if such an honor.
That whole post really sums up how immature some players can really get. They are worth nothing in life but as soon as they gain a bit of virtual power they decide to abuse it. Same type of rags-to-power scenario's happened to Hitler and look at his history.

Ferrio

Banned
Yay.

Bought my epic moutn last week after 2 weeks of getting money (i've beein gplaying sine the first day the game came out... just never got one). Now 1 1/2 weeks later I'm back to 1k gold.

God why didn't I farm like this before, instead of jus going to deadwind and killing ogres ....

shock33

Ferrio said:
Yay.

Bought my epic moutn last week after 2 weeks of getting money (i've beein gplaying sine the first day the game came out... just never got one). Now 1 1/2 weeks later I'm back to 1k gold.

God why didn't I farm like this before, instead of jus going to deadwind and killing ogres ....

Where do people find the best places to farm? I've been trying various locations but am yet to hit upon one that really works for me...

Enough with the stupidity, what are you doing Ferrio?

And I think the best place to grind right now is the Twilight fucks in Silithus. They drop good coin/cloth and you can sell all the texts/sets you get. 1g a text is pretty much the rate.

shock33 said:
Where do people find the best places to farm? I've been trying various locations but am yet to hit upon one that really works for me...

In my mind, places that are higher-yield, but not overrun with CGFs. Take for instance Satyrs; in Azshara, they're camped 24/7, but the ones in Felwood often aren't (the fact they do Slowing Poison and Cripple lowers their "farmability" a tad).

Ferrio

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Enough with the stupidity, what are you doing Ferrio?

And I think the best place to grind right now is the Twilight fucks in Silithus. They drop good coin/cloth and you can sell all the texts/sets you get. 1g a text is pretty much the rate.

Soloing Pyromancer in LBRS.

Drops the Robe of the Archmage Pattern which sells up to 500g (though i always crazy undercut), and the greater fire protection potion... which again sells up to 500g.

SyNapSe

Holy Hell at the new priest talents!! Those are way better than I was expecting.. at first glance-over I'd think overpowered.

SyNapSe

Spiritual Guidance is incredible also, and now makes the spirit - mana/5 debate even tougher!

After a second look I don't think it's so bad.. they really placed the talents around well (which is annoying). I didn't realize they moved Mental Strength and Mental Agility down a level in Discipline.. combining this with putting the +10% to all healing spells at Tier 6 as well means you can't get both and have either of the 31 TP's.

Still it looks like they greatly improved holy and disc. priests in PvP. Can you imagine a mage charging the line in AV with a Priest protected casting that Power Infusion on them.

fallout

Bojangles said:
Ok, I've been playing for about 2 weeks now.

And I have no fucking clue what you guys are talking about. :lol :lol
Give it time, heh. Actually, you can play for like, 8 months and still not know a lot of this.

SyNapSe said:
Spiritual Guidance is incredible also, and now makes the spirit - mana/5 debate even tougher!

After a second look I don't think it's so bad.. they really placed the talents around well (which is annoying). I didn't realize they moved Mental Strength and Mental Agility down a level in Discipline.. combining this with putting the +10% to all healing spells at Tier 6 as well means you can't get both and have either of the 31 TP's.

Still it looks like they greatly improved holy and disc. priests in PvP. Can you imagine a mage charging the line in AV with a Priest protected casting that Power Infusion on them.

I don't like that Spiritual Healing is SO far deep in the Holy tree; it's seemingly impossible to land PW:Sheild/Fort, Spiritual Healing, and Mental Strength in the same tempate from what I've been fooling around with. Losing any of those is not making a well-rounded healer for all healing situations.

SyNapSe

Yah, it's harsh that even being willing to give up having an ultimate 31 point talent there is still no way to get Mental Strength (+10% mana) and Spiritual Healing (whatever +10% healing is)

Ikse

I think the 1.10 test realm notes might be going up today/soon. The EU Under Dev page has a link to them, but nothing is on the page yet.

Ferrio said:
Soloing Pyromancer in LBRS.

Drops the Robe of the Archmage Pattern which sells up to 500g (though i always crazy undercut), and the greater fire protection potion... which again sells up to 500g.

Heh, I was soloing LBRS the other day for a fire prot recipe, that shit is annoyingly hard as a hunter. The pyromancers are the dudes in that little alcove before spiders right?

I'm not that impressed with the new priest talents. Lightwell, Spirit of Redemption, and the Inner Fire especially are disappointing. Holy is definently a stronger tree now, but that's mostly due to Spiritual Guidance. That combined with the new Spirit Tap is probably going to be insane in pvp.

Ferrio

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Heh, I was soloing LBRS the other day for a fire prot recipe, that shit is annoyingly hard as a hunter. The pyromancers are the dudes in that little alcove before spiders right?

Ya. Hell I have a tendency to die every 5 tries too even after doing this so much. Getting hit with a +1k fire debuff then having immolate put on your ass isn't cool.

OK I need warlock guru info again.

I found a nice rogue site that shows all rogue equip by lvl and compares by stats. Its now gone.

Anything out there for 'locks? Lvl30 now and not sure what loot Im looking for in instances.

SaitoH said:
I'm thinking of going with this spec

Tempted with lightwell though. Wanna check that out on test server first.
That spec is too defensive in nature, with the -threat, Recovery, and Spirit of Redemption. Those talents are only there as a buffer to make up for a shitty group that would let you take aggro, get critted, or die.

I prefer to just be the best healer I can be and let the other classes be the best [class] they can be so that I don't have to worry about getting hit or dying.

My guild had a pretty successful Molten Core run last night. We downed every boss including Domo first try, I got Nightslayer Boots and we gave Rag another try. Got him to 54% this time. I think we still have to work on our fire resistance gear. The tanks are good to go but I think as the rest of us get better fr gear we'll slowly move towards downing him.

SaitoH

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
That spec is too defensive in nature, with the -threat, Recovery, and Spirit of Redemption. Those talents are only there as a buffer to make up for a shitty group that would let you take aggro, get critted, or die.

I prefer to just be the best healer I can be and let the other classes be the best [class] they can be so that I don't have to worry about getting hit or dying.

I agree about blessed recovery. I'll most likely change that. Spirit of redemption is one point and seems like a lot of fun, so I'm definitely taking that. I also like aggro reduction and doubt I'll change that either.

Taking a second look, it appears spiritual healing will be of much more benefit then mental strength. Hmmm guess I'll have to change that too.

Wish lightwell wasn't on a 10 minute timer ...

firex

I'm still not sure about spirit of redemption. It either sounds really good or deceptively bad. I have a feeling it'll be changed, cause if it works like it sounds, then raid strats will include "when the boss's dps spikes at x%, kill all the priests who have spirit of redemption so they can keep tanks up and then soulstone."

S|kH

I cant even create a damn character on any realm...

"there is a queue for this server, please come back during off peak hours to create a character"...

but i didnt wait in any queue to join the server?

SaitoH

1.1 changes From a Blue on Taiwanese Forums.
http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_page3.asp?topic_id=22727&forum_id=10&GoPage=1&lis=

Originally posted by Warrior

Intimidating Shout Nerfed!
Flurry BIG nerf! (misses will count against it and it will no longer proc itself)
Sweeping Strikes now all but useless!

1. Execute - this skill will work with sweeping strikes. if the life of the secondary target is lower than 20%, then all of the damage from execute will be inflicted to the secondary enemy. otherwise, they will be hit with a normal swing attack.

2. Whirlwind - when used with sweeping strike, it will only use up one charge of sweeping strike, and can only generate one extra attack.

3. Flurry - all ranks of this talent will now be triggered correctly.

4. Retaliation - this skill will function correctly as a melee attack.

5. Intimidating Shout - when it's resisted by the target, the fear effect does not apply anymore. this skill can now be applied to 5 enemies.

6. Flurry - The speed improvement will only be applicable for the next 3 swings (note: isn't that how it works anyway? sorry...don't have a warrior alt, simply translating this for all the classes)

7. Sweeping strikes - the damage from extra attacks that are dealt to the nearby enemy will now be determined by the armor of the secondary enemy.

Originally Posted by Druids
1. HT mana cost reduced by 9%.

2. Ferocious bite: cannot be parried, dodged, or resisted?

3. No cure poison in Moonkin.

4. Gift of the Wild - increased range

5. Rip - now a bleed effect.

6. All shapeshifts can use items!

7. Soothe animal and Rebirth are now affected by Nature's swiftness.

8. You can no longer die from shifting out of bear at low health (MoTW bug).

9. Pounce no longer causes its DoT if missed or blocked.

10. No idea.

11. No more 1 second immunity to roots/snares when shifting?

Originally Posted by Hunters
1. Multishot - The attack power of this skill has been normalized. All ranged weapons will now use 2.8 as the standard multiplier. Weapons that are slower than 2.8 will see their damages reduced slightly, and weapons that are faster than 2.8 will see their damages increased slightly.

2. Aimed shot - (Same as above)

3. Improved Aspect of the Hawk - the duration has been increased from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. The speed improvement will not start until the second shot has landed. This was changed to fix a delay problem in the talent.

4. Hunter's Mark - (this is where I couldn't really understand what it said...something about the caster will not be listed under the mob's "threat list", and something about a debuff...)

5. Claw and Bite - pets using these skills will now gain appropriate amounts of threat depending on the rank of the skill. Previously, only rank 7 and 8 were causing the right amount of threat.

6. Beastial Wrath - will not generate any threat for the caster.

7. There will be new wild boars showing up in EPL with Rank 6 Charge

Originally Posted by Mages
1. Improved Frost Ward - will function normally again.

2. Improved Fire Ward - will function normally again.

3. Detect Magic - aggro from caster reduced

4. Ignite - the fire damage dealt from this skill can only be triggered by mages.

5. Arcane Brilliance - area/range increased.

Originally Posted by Priests
1. Because we have re-ramp the talent trees. All talent potins are refunded. The cost of talent related skills have decrease. AKA free respec.

2. Decrease cost on all training skills.

3. Prayer of Fortitude increase range and area effect.

4. Holy Fire is now a non-talent trainable skill. 1 Rank starts on level 20.

5. Mind Soothe is now an instant spell.

6. Shadowform: reduce physical and ranged damage. See talent trees for more info.

Originally Posted by Paladins
1. Blessing of Light - different ranks are no longer stackable - the ability for this to stack was not intended.

2. Judgment of Righteousness - accuracy incresed(?) (note: i want to say 100%, but i am not quite sure how it works...i don't have a pally alt)

3. Righteous Fury - can now cause appropriate extra threat with all holy damages.

4. Holy Shock - can now be used with divine favor and illumination

5. Holy Shield - mana cost reduced by 15%, and +spell items will now affect this spell.

6. Eye for an Eye - Can be triggered while mounted.

7. Blessing of Sacrifice - this blessing cannot use to stop the target from dying due to other spell effects (curse of doom, sacrifice, etc).

8. seal of command - will trigger when the paladin is silenced.

9. improved seal of righteousness - tooltip updated to reflect actual usage. this talent increases 3-15% damage for both seal of righteousness and judgment of righteousness

10. Lay on hands - range increased.

11. Divine Intervention - range increased.

12. Holy Shield - tooltip updated to reflect extra damage done.

13. all improved blessings have their ranges increased.

14. holy shock - mana cost reduced.

15. monsters that are immune to scorpid sting will now be immune to vindication as well

Originally Posted by Rogues
1. Slice and Dice: If you attempt to use this skill when your target is dead, you will get an error message. This skill cannot be dodged, parried or missed.

2. Sap: When sap is resisted, Lightning Shield will not break stealth.

3. Remorseless Attacks: This talent will not trigger when you kill a monster that does not yield experience, or a player that does not yield honor points.

4. Distract: this skill will no longer trigger Lightning Shield from Shamans.

5. Blade Flurry: The damages of the extra attacks will now be determined by the armor rating of the secondary target.

6. Blind: this is now not considered a melee attack, and cannot be parried or dodged

Originally Posted by Shaman
1. Lightning shield - (something about campfire and other environment damaging types not absorbing the effects from lightning shield..sorry, don't play a shaman, not quite sure what this means, and this also affets LS in Warsong Gulch...)

2. Grounding Totem - this totem will no longer absorb the following effects: Frostguard, Hammer of Titans, Annihilator, The Chief's Enforcer, The Judge's Gavel, Blacklade of Shahram, and Bonereaver's Edge.

3. Flurry - the speed bonus will only exist for the next 3 attacks.

4. Healing Wave - mana cost reduced by 9%.

5. Shamans will be able to use equipped items in ghostwolf form.

Originally Posted by Warlocks
1. Curse of Agony - No longer interrupts spell casting.

2. Soul Fire - Returns a soul shard to the warlock if a target that yeilds experience or honor dies within 5 seconds of the cast.

3. Rain of Fire - Now correctly triggers Pyroclasm.

4. Master Demonologist - Is now applied when a minion is banished or not under the warlock's control.

5. Curse of Doom - Can no longer be cast on targets who are Mind Controlled.

6. Shadowburn - No longer returns a shard if resisted or from targets that do not yield experience or honor.

7. Curse of Weakness - Mana cost reduced.

8. Curse of Recklessness - Mana cost reduced.

9. Mobs that are immune to Fear effects are now also immune to Death Coil.

10. Suffering (Voidwalker) has an increased radius. The tooltip has been updated. New warlock talent calculators will be on the site soon.

IJoel

Warriors are so damn screwed... they're already basically useless against most classes in pvp (unless there's a healer looking after us,) and they keep nerfing them.

BTW, I got my warrior to 57 this weekend.

IJoel said:
Warriors are so damn screwed... they're already basically useless against most classes in pvp (unless there's a healer looking after us,) and they keep nerfing them.
What? Warriors are the absolute best PVP class, and I know it because my girlfriend and I are both epiced up level 60 warriors (she's Arms and I'm Fury) and we fucking demolish people just by auto-attack + Mortal Strike (or in my case, Heroic Strikes with Flurry + Bloodthirst). It doesn't matter if our opponents have better gear than us... a warrior in awesome PVP blues can destroy a tier 2 double trinket mage if you play it right. The gear just scales up so much more for melee classes.

Perhaps you should work on getting better gear or learning to play, because Warriors became the most overplayed class for a reason (taking over the title formerly held by rogues and hunters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom