• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakiSOBA

Hunters am cry in the next patch.

Ice traps visible at the 5yd range to enemies
Ice traps no longer an instant cast
Ice traps work on diminishing returns (it does not atm)
Ice traps linked with scatter shot on diminishing returns

I think too many people were complaining about the whole FD+icetrap thing over and over, but IMO it was a pretty cool.

Check the hunter forums on wow... there's HUGE thread with all the silent nerfs hunters have found on the PTR. Not being a hunter, im not 100% sure if all the changes affect you guys in a negative way or not :/

Edit: official post/reply from some blizz employee:

[Traps are not "visible" in 1.10. However, they're no longer invisible, either. Traps are now considered stealthed, with the detection that implies.

Considering the radius on Hunter traps, this should not affect PvP gameplay as much as, say, visible traps would. While they will appear to those who get close, there's still a very good chance that players will trigger the trap regardless.
]

Hero

YakiSOBA said:

I think too many people were complaining about the whole FD+icetrap thing over and over, but IMO it was a pretty cool.

Check the hunter forums on wow... there's HUGE thread with all the silent nerfs hunters have found on the PTR. Not being a hunter, im not 100% sure if all the changes affect you guys in a negative way or not :/

[Traps are not "visible" in 1.10. However, they're no longer invisible, either. Traps are now considered stealthed, with the detection that implies.

Considering the radius on Hunter traps, this should not affect PvP gameplay as much as, say, visible traps would. While they will appear to those who get close, there's still a very good chance that players will trigger the trap regardless.
]

Thank god. Hopefully this will reduce the cheese from hunters in pvp. It's so ridiculous. Now warlocks just need a slight nerf, though I hear deathcoil won't be as effective.

firex

yeah! put death coil on a cooldown!

oh wait, it's on a 2 min cooldown and it's our only non-pet-dependent escape from melee.

just because rogues suck doesn't meant death coil needs a nerf. you nerf death coil and you remove the only real defense the class has.

firex

Hero said:
I don't have any defense against shadow priests or warlocks who cast one DoT on me.

No sympathy from me.
did you ever hear of the stealth button so they don't fucking see you? and if they see you they're in range for you to cheap shot or ambush or you didn't spend 5 points in MOD. but then again, I forgot who I'm talking to.

border

I've been having a blast on the Test Server! Seems like the game runs a lot smoother -- I wonder if it's because of server side upgrades, recoded executable, or just the fact that I don't have CTMod/CTRaid running?

Tonight I joinned a huge raid and we took over Southshore.....slaughtering everyone from the lowliest innkeeper to the Gryphon Master. 40 HKs and 18 DKs :lol I didn't play the game prior to the Honor System, but I can definitely tell why some people are ticked off about it. World PVP is a pretty cool way to spend time at 60.....and it's pretty much dead. I'd still be there now if the whole server hadn't crashed.

Does anyone know where to get the second Tier .5 upgrade? Already did the wrist item with my new mage...

explodet

I believe they've got new hardware for the test servers, which is why they run so much better than the regular servers. They'll be uprading the regular servers as well, thankfully.

Hero

firex said:
did you ever hear of the stealth button so they don't fucking see you? and if they see you they're in range for you to cheap shot or ambush or you didn't spend 5 points in MOD. but then again, I forgot who I'm talking to.

Stealth? Stealth is so fucking broken right now, it doesn't even matter if you have 5 points into MoD. Almost every class has an easy way of getting us out of stealth and keeping us out of stealth. Heard of paranoia much?

Even if I did cheap shot or ambush a lock, they have absurd amounts of HP that will most likey be able to outlast anything short of a perfect stunlock build, which would be interupted anyway by whichever pet you have out.

Don't understand why you're getting so angry and pissed towards me, I have a lock, I'm just saying they're overpowered. I guess I'd be angry too if I got the auto-win button taken away from me. :( Or maybe you were just ganked by one too many rogues when your class wasn't overpowered.

Paper - rock - scissors

Plus not all the classes are balanced for 1 v 1 PVP.

What can rogues beat consistently? Warriors? Overpower. Hunters? Kited to death. Shamans? Yeah, right. Paladins? Bubble :( Priest? DoT/PS/Mindflay. Mage? Frost nova then blink and pick whatever spell they feel like. Druids? Faerie fire instant-cast then bear form. GG. Lock? Went over it already. Rogue? Okay. So we're good at owning each other. I'm glad I rolled a class that is good at defeating itself.

Rogues need the class overhaul the most, with mages trailing close behind. If you can't see this, then whatever. I don't really care.

border

explodet said:
I believe they've got new hardware for the test servers, which is why they run so much better than the regular servers.
I know that, but I wouldn't expect it to really increase framerate performace on the client side. The game has never been herky-jerky for me or anything, but the Test Server just seems way smoother and way more likely to hit 60 FPS in certain areas.
Warriors? Overpower.
Rogue vs. Warrior doesn't seem so one-sided to me, particularly not if you manage to gank someone in their tanking gear or non-uber PVP gear. Yeah they've got nasty Overpower, but if they're wielding a slow-ass 2H weapon then you won't be dodging the much.

border said:
I've been having a blast on the Test Server! Seems like the game runs a lot smoother -- I wonder if it's because of server side upgrades, recoded executable, or just the fact that I don't have CTMod/CTRaid running?

Tonight I joinned a huge raid and we took over Southshore.....slaughtering everyone from the lowliest innkeeper to the Gryphon Master. 40 HKs and 18 DKs :lol I didn't play the game prior to the Honor System, but I can definitely tell why some people are ticked off about it. World PVP is a pretty cool way to spend time at 60.....and it's pretty much dead. I'd still be there now if the whole server hadn't crashed.

Does anyone know where to get the second Tier .5 upgrade? Already did the wrist item with my new mage...

Yeah the Honor System pretty much fucked World PVP, which pissed off a good number of people including myself

I'll be checking out the Test Server Monday. Been meaning to but it's a bitch waking up before 3 pm and the page is down after 3 AM whenever I go to it.

Deg

Banned
YakiSOBA said:

]

They better not do a BF2 like killing the assault class.

yacobod

Banned
Rogues need the class overhaul the most, with mages trailing close behind. If you can't see this, then whatever. I don't really care.
cry more nub

Rogue vs. Warrior doesn't seem so one-sided to me, particularly not if you manage to gank someone in their tanking gear or non-uber PVP gear. Yeah they've got nasty Overpower, but if they're wielding a slow-ass 2H weapon then you won't be dodging the much.
i dont know who you are dueling or pvping against, but most rogues like to blow all their cooldowns, when they pop evasion, overpower will be lighting up all day, its not uncommon for me to get at least 2 overpowers in on a rogue duel, and good rogues will have a very high base dodge percentage anyways

Shouta

The change to the Freeze Trap is pretty damn sucky. This is mainly because Hunters have very few, if any, options to clear some distance between them and other classes that have gotten into melee range. Once you get inside, it's pretty much over for a Hunter and their chances of winning or at least getting out of the fight alive is pretty close to nothing.

Hero

border said:
I know that, but I wouldn't expect it to really increase framerate performace on the client side. The game has never been herky-jerky for me or anything, but the Test Server just seems way smoother and way more likely to hit 60 FPS in certain areas.

Well, yeah. For world PVP. I'm talking about in BGs/duels primarily.

Warrior vs rogue isn't that one sided, but if the warrior is equally geared out as the rogue it will be in the warrior's favor since their damage scales with gear. Not to mention their ridiculous health and armor ratings anyway.

My point is that for a rogue to have a fair to good chance of beating someone one on one, it requires use of most, if not all, of their 5 minute cooldowns, some of which require a reagant.
Every time I use blind it's like wasting one ogld away, and it can be blocked/parried/dodged. That's being fixed next patch thankfully, but until now it wasn't even worth the price.

And yaco, I assume your main is a warrior? Maybe I should get a bunch of rogues to do a sit in to crash a server to force them to change my class like you guys did.

border

I can't think of a patch in the last 4-5 months that's done anything good for warriors (other than bugfixes). Enrage nerfed, weapon switch-Overpower nerfed, now Intimidating Shout nerfed...
I'll be checking out the Test Server Monday. Been meaning to but it's a bitch waking up before 3 pm and the page is down after 3 AM whenever I go to it.
Are you Dracula?

Use a premade 60 with a class you haven't tried yet. That can be done 24 hours a day.

Hero said:
What can rogues beat consistently? Warriors? Overpower. Hunters? Kited to death. Shamans? Yeah, right. Paladins? Bubble :( Priest? DoT/PS/Mindflay. Mage? Frost nova then blink and pick whatever spell they feel like. Druids? Faerie fire instant-cast then bear form. GG. Lock? Went over it already. Rogue? Okay. So we're good at owning each other. I'm glad I rolled a class that is good at defeating itself.

Jump people when they are on mobs like all good rogues. LOL

Seriously, if you oversimplify everything, you may just suck. How about learning to play? The Rogue forums have strats for every class/build posted.

yacobod

Banned
the weapon speed normalization was a big nerf as well

the new retaliation graphic is an abortion, as soon as those dumb as swords pop up around you, other classes can just walk away and laugh at u

rogues can take out any class, go watch some of Mings vids if you dont believe it

like the above poster said lrn2play lol

Between my girlfriend and myself, I have access to a high-level Warrior, Priest, Warlock and Rogue.

Warrior: the most overpowered class in the game and I'm happy with every single nerf we get because it cuts down on the warrior population so I can actually get into groups. However, the difference between a poorly geared warrior and a well geared warrior is enormous, and Blizzard needs to cut down on how well the gear scales up.

Priest: I used to think Priests were a pain in the ass in Battlegrounds because of their PW:Shield and Psychic Scream and how they had two health bars (mana then health). After playing mine extensively in PVP now, I can see why priests bitch so much... it takes a lot of skill to win against anyone. Any rogue complaining about priests owning them needs to learn to play.

Warlock: One of the above posters is right - if you take away Death Coil, you really kill the Warlock class in PVP. However, coming from the perspective of other classes, warlocks are tough assholes and probably the best overall PVP class in the game at the moment.

Rogue: Will 90% of the time lose to a good Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Paladin, Shaman and Druid. Needs serious PVP retooling that isn't dependent on stun-locks and getting the first hits in via Stealth.

You know I got thinking about the new Alliance race today, and I watched the Burning Crusade teaser from BlizzCon again, and noticed that they mention like four races native to Outland that are prepping for war. It's possible that one of these could be the new Alliace race in the expansion.

fallout

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Blizzard needs to cut down on how well the gear scales up.
Certainly agree for warriors. Furthermore, I'd like to see them do that overall.

After playing mine extensively in PVP now, I can see why priests bitch so much... it takes a lot of skill to win against anyone.
I think the problem with priests is that they really have to be a support class ... which really isn't a problem technically, just sucks for the priest. We've got a couple great PvP priests in our guild, and they're especially useful when you're out-geared and out-numbered in world PvP. In the general confusion of world PvP, most groups tend to forget to target the healers first, heh.

However, coming from the perspective of other classes, warlocks are tough assholes and probably the best overall PVP class in the game at the moment.
Yep. Warlocks, save for the dumb ones, usually provide the greatest challenge.

Needs serious PVP retooling that isn't dependent on stun-locks and getting the first hits in via Stealth.
I agree and I don't. I agree, because it's true ... if they don't rely on stun-locks and getting in the first hit via stealth, they're pretty well dead. Even if they don't get in first, I might be able to pull something off. That said, isn't that what a rogue is supposed to be? Should be noted that I don't know that class that well.

firex

Hero said:
Stealth? Stealth is so fucking broken right now, it doesn't even matter if you have 5 points into MoD. Almost every class has an easy way of getting us out of stealth and keeping us out of stealth. Heard of paranoia much?

Even if I did cheap shot or ambush a lock, they have absurd amounts of HP that will most likey be able to outlast anything short of a perfect stunlock build, which would be interupted anyway by whichever pet you have out.

Don't understand why you're getting so angry and pissed towards me, I have a lock, I'm just saying they're overpowered. I guess I'd be angry too if I got the auto-win button taken away from me. :( Or maybe you were just ganked by one too many rogues when your class wasn't overpowered.

I'm only annoyed at whiny rogues like you, who don't know how to play the game and think stealth means they should get instant kills and restealth and never die. Rogues have gone from overpowered stunlocking gankmaster to a joke of classes cause their talents have been rotting by the wayside, like mages' and shamans'. But if you don't know how to beat any class in pvp then I sincerely suggest you go and learn their weaknesses, cause rogues can exploit a lot of them. You want to know how to beat a warlock? It's pretty simple: Mace spec + improved kick and your standard stunlock. You have a problem beating mages? If anything that's the one class you should destroy if you're a dagger rogue, just ambush and backstab as soon as they sit to start drinking.

I've gotten over rogues being the overpowered class that had everything in the game handed to them, as it was many patches ago. Maybe you should get over them being beatable now and think when you fight, instead of treating every opponent the same.

firex

Shouta said:
The change to the Freeze Trap is pretty damn sucky. This is mainly because Hunters have very few, if any, options to clear some distance between them and other classes that have gotten into melee range. Once you get inside, it's pretty much over for a Hunter and their chances of winning or at least getting out of the fight alive is pretty close to nothing.
It's true that hunters have very few options if you get into melee range, but the ones they have are pretty much guaranteed to work:
Scatter shot (talent, granted, but it's so good almost every hunter has it, even if they're pure pve/raiding spec)
Wing clip (especially good if improved, you can spam it until you proc the root)
Counterattack (another talent skill - and you can get all 3 of these skills if you want, really makes you a beast defensively in pvp while still giving you room for good pve talents)

Ripclawe

Banned
Warrior: the most overpowered class in the game and I'm happy with every single nerf we get because it cuts down on the warrior population so I can actually get into groups.

as long as you are happy... Warriors are supposed to be the most powerful class, especially as they get up in levels, thats why they are warriors. Every single nerf that has come along cripples the class effectiveness overall in a group and the game.

Shouta

firex said:
It's true that hunters have very few options if you get into melee range, but the ones they have are pretty much guaranteed to work:
Scatter shot (talent, granted, but it's so good almost every hunter has it, even if they're pure pve/raiding spec)
Wing clip (especially good if improved, you can spam it until you proc the root)
Counterattack (another talent skill - and you can get all 3 of these skills if you want, really makes you a beast defensively in pvp while still giving you room for good pve talents)

Wing Clip is really good, I don't have Counterattack though.

For Scatter Shot, I think my biggest beef with it is that it doesn't have additional levels of effectiveness (at least I don't think, I can't remember off the top of my head). The duration isn't long enough for us to get away to a distance that allows us to shoot semi-safely for decent damage without them coming back at our face instantly. This is a bigger problem when we get Movement penalities via skills like Hamstring. If Scatter Shot had a longer duration so that we could get farther away, I wouldn't have a single complaint at all.

firex

scatter shot lasts like 8 seconds if you don't hit them at all, I think. It's actually considered among the most overpowered skills in the game right now since it's just like the rogue's blind, but with a lot shorter cooldown and no reagent. just slap on aspect of the cheetah if you really want and you can get far enough away after scatter shot. and then if you're at that range (hell, if you're at like 10 yards) you can do conc shot to snare/possibly stun them again.

but hey, if you get snared when you're trying to snare as well, that's pretty much the class that's supposed to beat you. snares are about the ONLY way to beat an epic geared hunter.

Ripclawe said:
as long as you are happy... Warriors are supposed to be the most powerful class, especially as they get up in levels, thats why they are warriors. Every single nerf that has come along cripples the class effectiveness overall in a group and the game.
I don't think anyone would say that warriors aren't the absolute best tanks in PVE and the absolute best melee class in PVP, even with any of the dozens of nerfs warriors have gotten in the past few patches that warriors complained would make them too weak.

I'm a Fury warrior and I'm consistently in the top 3 of my guild's damage charts while wearing blue +hit gear since I don't do MC/BWL on my warrior anymore. This is including the fact that I have to pull out a shield and tank gear for the bosses. It's enormously unbalanced.

SyNapSe

firex said:
scatter shot lasts like 8 seconds if you don't hit them at all, I think. It's actually considered among the most overpowered skills in the game right now since it's just like the rogue's blind, but with a lot shorter cooldown and no reagent. just slap on aspect of the cheetah if you really want and you can get far enough away after scatter shot. and then if you're at that range (hell, if you're at like 10 yards) you can do conc shot to snare/possibly stun them again.

but hey, if you get snared when you're trying to snare as well, that's pretty much the class that's supposed to beat you. snares are about the ONLY way to beat an epic geared hunter.

Scatter is 4 sec's not 8.. i never really was a big fan of it.. some people preach it as the must have skill. basically every couple minutes it allows you to scatter/trinket (out of Ham, or Crip or whatever) and get back to range long enough to fire conc. and pray for a stun proc. Or if it's a class that can't remove slowing then you can wingclip then SS obviously with much better effect.

edit: also to add into the overall talk. yes warriors and warlocks are beotches. I agree with Liu Kang in that while some people still think Priest's "melt faces" or whatever it takes a small miracle and twice as much effort to kill someone 1v1 as a priest currently (pre-changes). Rogues do need changes.. when the game first came out I played a rogue to 48 and promptly quit. This was obviously pre-BG and I would go join in the Hills/SS battle.. it was awful as a rogue.. while rogue's can be unbelievably annoying while you are out exp'ing. it's possibly the most boring class ever for BG's like AV. The last thign I ever want to see is Rogue's get bugged ( who does? ) but they need rebalanced in some way so that they aren't 95% dependant on getting the jump from stealth, etc.

firex

ok, it's a 4 sec duration. but it's still only a 30 sec cooldown. much, much better than blind.

wait, let me do this like Hero.

OMFG scatter shot is an "I win" button I cant handle it.

border

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I'm a Fury warrior and I'm consistently in the top 3 of my guild's damage charts while wearing blue +hit gear since I don't do MC/BWL on my warrior anymore.
Out of curiousity, what's the weapons and +hit gear that you're using?

I certainly don't feel "overpowered" as a warrior, and I had kind of figured that your perception of the class was skewed due to the fact that you had a bunch of uber-gear. But if you're making it happen with just blues then maybe I'm doing something wrong. How does dual-wielding Fury hold up in PVP?
Shouta said:
This is mainly because Hunters have very few, if any, options to clear some distance between them and other classes that have gotten into melee range.
Well to be fair, it's not like the main melee classes have a hundred and one ways to bridge the distance gap between themselves and a hunter. Hunters can stop you in your tracks several times in a fight, but all I've got to get close is Intercept.....and with a 25-30 sec cooldown I can only use it once or twice in a fight. Assuming that I don't get to charge first, that's at best once or twice that I can do some real damage.

Shouta

border said:
Well to be fair, it's not like the main melee classes have a hundred and one ways to bridge the distance gap between themselves and a hunter. Hunters can stop you in your tracks several times in a fight, but all I've got to get close is Intercept.....and with a 25-30 sec cooldown I can only use it once or twice in a fight. Assuming that I don't get to charge first, that's at best once or twice that I can do some real damage.

That's working on the assumption that a Hunter sees you in the first place which isn't always the case in BG or World PVP.

Even if I do see you, it's not a guarantee that I'll get to bring you down before you get into distance. The only surefire way to take someone day on the approach is to set a freeze trap, unload, let you get frozen, jog all the way back and then unload on you again which is pretty a guaranteed kill. That's kind of hard to do most of the time though.

That aside, classes closing the distance isn't the real issue, it's the tons of ways to prevent Hunters from getting outside of range and the very few options that allow us to get back out that is the difference. We can't clear movement debuffs (which any class that has one will stick to you first thing, if they aren't stupid) and the options we mentioned above are about as reliable as spinning the roulette and hoping you get the number you want. If Scatter shot was like 12 or 16 seconds, I'd never complain again and I'd happily take the FDFT change they're doing now.

border said:
Out of curiousity, what's the weapons and +hit gear that you're using?
Lionheart Helm, crafted - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=26925
Imperial Jewel, Emperor in BRD - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=8522
Darksoul Shoulders, crafted - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=51353
The Emperor's New Cape, Emperor in BRD - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=4899
Hydralick Armor, World drop - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=3923
Wristguards of True Flight, Majordomo in MC - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=37384
Gauntlets of Might, Lucifron in MC - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=37316
Belt of Preserved Heads, ZG quest reward - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=51071
Eldritch Reinforced Legplates, Prince in DM West - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=35840
Master Cannoneer Boots, Cannon guy in SM2 - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=20122
Don Julio's Band, AV Exalted - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=40528
Blackstone Ring, Princess in Mara - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=38472
Blackhand's Breadth, quest reward - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=9464
Counterattack Lodestone, DM Tribute - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=36047
Spineshatter, Razorgore in BWL - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=40784
Bone Slicing Hatchet, Maleki the Pallid from Baron run - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=37158
Satyr's Bow, DM East - http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=35722

As you can see, a lot of that gear is total shit for a Fury build (or any DPS warrior build), but it's all I've got for now. All of the obvious upgrades are in my mind, and I'll have them whenever it's time. :) Notably, the Zulian cape from ZG, Slime Kickers in AQ20, Brigam Girdle (which is changing stats in 1.10 to have +1% hit), Band of Jin, and the tier 0.5 chest. I'd really like the Onyxia neck, Band of Accuria and Drake Fang Talisman, but MC is on a night I work so I've given up on ever seeing them.
I certainly don't feel "overpowered" as a warrior, and I had kind of figured that your perception of the class was skewed due to the fact that you had a bunch of uber-gear. But if you're making it happen with just blues then maybe I'm doing something wrong. How does dual-wielding Fury hold up in PVP?
It's extremely gear based and I don't recommend Fury to anyone unless they're really bored with auto-attack + Mortal Strike. My girlfriend is an epiced-out MS warrior, and I got a Spineshatter from one of the few BWLs I went to, so I figured I'd try something new, and I really like it because of how twitchy it plays. Fury is hugely taxing on gear farming and in-combat micromanagement only to get the same results as an MS warrior geared up in MC epics. However, the satisfaction of earning a victory as a Fury warrior is far greater than just getting lucky crits and two-shotting a mage.

While an MS warrior can just wear regular tanking gear and still be really successful in PVP, a Fury warrior needs a completely new set of gear that's high on hit %, crit %, and attack power. I'm 6/8 Might, but I only use the gloves in my Fury gear set, while a 6/8 MS warrior could destroy without having to switch anything out.

Much needed hunter change.

Rogues do need some sort of retooling. I'm only level 55 and haven't touched PvP in the 60s yet, though, I hear it's hell for rogues, what with epic gear increasing everyone's effectiveness like mad, yet gearing up as a rogue doesn't really seem to affect much.

Shouta

Ramirez said:
The 4 seconds that SS gives you is plenty of time to get into long range,some of you want 8-12-16 second SS's? >.>

If by long range, you mean, "3 less seconds of getting anally violated" (and lower with movement down debuffs) then yes, it's plenty of time.

border

Shouta said:
That aside, classes closing the distance isn't the real issue, it's the tons of ways to prevent Hunters from getting outside of range and the very few options that allow us to get back out that is the difference. We can't clear movement debuffs (which any class that has one will stick to you first thing, if they aren't stupid) and the options we mentioned above are about as reliable as spinning the roulette and hoping you get the number you want. If Scatter shot was like 12 or 16 seconds, I'd never complain again and I'd happily take the FDFT change they're doing now.
You can't clear slowing effects? As if the melee classes can so-easily clear the Concussive Shots/Wing Clips they're often getting hammered with? Or they have a way to snap out of the FDFT and Scattershot cheese? All you have to do is spend 20 minutes PVP'ing and you can pick up Insignia of the Horde/Alliance if you want to get rid of slowing effects....

You want to disable someone for a ludicrous 12 or even 16 seconds......which is long enough to even get out of Intercept-range. Hell, with Aspect of the Cheetah turned on you could probably be out of combat and mounted by then.
That's working on the assumption that a Hunter sees you in the first place which isn't always the case in BG or World PVP.
Yes, a melee class that gets the drop on you is going to have an advantage, just like you will have an advantage if you get the drop on them. I really don't see what's wrong with that.

firex

damn, nobody likes dying in pvp. I guess we need to go back to my old suggestion to Blizz, to make it group-based dance competitions where the losers get hit by a "Served" debuff.

fallout

border said:
I really don't see what's wrong with that.
If your class has any sort of disadvantage against another class in PvP, people seem to think there's something wrong with it.

I play a Shaman and I get killed by hunters in BGs and World PvP all the time. Why? Because a smart hunter will notice me melee'ing casters and take me down from afar. Do I bitch about it? Yes. Do I want to see a change? No. It's part of the game. I undertand that certain things need to be changed around, but that doesn't mean that everything does.

Really, what do people want? A game where we all have the same gear, play the same class, same race and just have auto-attack? Oh, and if one person is being attacked, nobody else is allowed to attack him. Same goes if someone has less health.

Ramirez

If by long range, you mean, "3 less seconds of getting anally violated" (and lower with movement down debuffs) then yes, it's plenty of time.

It's plenty of time to aspect of the cheetah out and shoot a concussive shot and continue your kite,I have a hunter and PVP with him all the time,it's a fine amount of time to get out of range of them,of course there are exceptions such as just a flat out zerg on you or something,but thats the same with any class...

Deg

Banned
Aspect of cheetah is useless in a combat situation. It makes you more vulnerable(any hit will make you dizzy). All aspect of a chetah does is that it makes you 30% faster at running. More of a PVE skill.

Ferrio

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Much needed hunter change.

Rogues do need some sort of retooling. I'm only level 55 and haven't touched PvP in the 60s yet, though, I hear it's hell for rogues, what with epic gear increasing everyone's effectiveness like mad, yet gearing up as a rogue doesn't really seem to affect much.

Speak for yourself, I tear shit up.

firex

Deg said:
Aspect of cheetah is useless in a combat situation. It makes you more vulnerable(any hit will make you dizzy). All aspect of a chetah does is that it makes you 30% faster at running. More of a PVE skill.
It's actually quite good in pvp. You just have to swap aspects around like warriors do with changing stances. Cheetah -> Monkey (if they get too close) or Cheetah -> Hawk (if you've got range).

I've fought rogues solo doing this on my hunter, but it's tricky. And you have to circle-strafe them.

I'm not speaking for myself yet, I don't have much a problem in 50-59, but gear doesn't really mean crap at 50-59 (I'm still wearing the same shit I wore in the 40s and some stuff that's level 30).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom