• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Fularu said:
Which end up having hunters with TF, Pallies and Druids with Hand of Rag and, oh, why not Claw of Cromie on a rogue? Yah right

Being *casual" != idioticaly alloting loot

As for beeing jealous on TF.. yeah right :rolleyes I pity the waste for the guild's tanks, that's all

Well the argument is moot, the main tank does have one.

Also this whole retarded stereotype you have on alliance is wearing thin. It's almost as bad as people bitching about paladins and shamans in pvp.

For Paladins getting the hang of rag, because usually warriors don't want the fucking thing due to mace spec being ass. Why get the Hand of Rag when you can eventually get an Untamed Blade or Ashkandi? With sword spec they're going to equal if not outdamage hand of rag.

Fularu

Banned
Calculations prove otherwise, only ashkandi, with the proper spec, can really outdamage the hand of rag. Or else we're Looking at Dark Edge of Insanity, and the thing has been nerfed anyway.

As for the stereotypes, you carry them and flaunt them for everyone to see, my dear ferrio

And the point isn'ty really moot since I would hardly believe your guild has a single tank (or else, good luck in AQ or Naxx)

paul777

Banned
Holy shit the mage talent changes are unbelievably poor. Combustion nerfed, shatter nerfed, arcane subtlety nerfed, arcane power nerfed, fucking improved fire ward was nerfed. in return we get what, 3-4 talent points freed up and a slightly buffed ice barrier that still does not scale. I so do not regret quitting my mage.

Tamanon

Banned
paul777 said:
Holy shit the mage talent changes are unbelievably poor. Combustion nerfed, shatter nerfed, arcane subtlety nerfed, arcane power nerfed, fucking improved fire ward was nerfed. in return we get what, 3-4 talent points freed up and a slightly buffed ice barrier that still does not scale. I so do not regret quitting my mage.

Actually I think Arcane Subtlety got a boost personally. Some of the changes I don't like, but I like some of the new talents.

pxleyes

Banned
paul777 said:

Actually Combustion is a buff, Subtlety is a buff.

overall though its still shit. We still dont have an aggro drop ability, and we still rely on trinkets and +dmg gear solely for our dmg. We needed a buff with int causing something like "50% of int = +dmg", so 300 int = +150dmg. Maybe not that extreme, but along those lines.

paul777

Banned
Have you ever raided as a mage? On fights where threat is an important factor mages were nerfed outright with this change to Arc sub. It's just simple math. I will (would if I still played) be doing less damage in those fights.

pxleyes

Banned
paul777 said:
Have you ever raided as a mage? On fights where threat is an important factor mages were nerfed outright with this change to Arc sub. It's just simple math. I will (would if I still played) be doing less damage in those fights.

:lol It affects ALL trees now, so its a buff for most of us that dont us AM in raids.

Tamanon

Banned
paul777 said:

Actually it means that you don't HAVE to do AM in raids anymore if you have more efficient spells.

paul777

Banned
pxleyes said:
Actually Combustion is a buff, Subtlety is a buff.

overall though its still shit. We still dont have an aggro drop ability, and we still rely on trinkets and +dmg gear solely for our dmg. We needed a buff with int causing something like "50% of int = +dmg", so 300 int = +150dmg. Maybe not that extreme, but along those lines.

How is combustion a buff? Combustion sucked before because there was no point in taking it over PoM. PoM offered identical burst damage consistently, possibility for much more burst damage with lucky crits, and it took off the cast time which is huge because if you haven't noticed WoW pvp is not at all friendly to 3-6 second cast spells. The new combustion has you casting those 3-6 second cast spells even more often. PvE, it's not that bad, but not that good either.

SaitoH

Fularu said:
Which end up having hunters with TF, Pallies and Druids with Hand of Rag and, oh, why not Claw of Cromie on a rogue? Yah right

Being *casual" != idioticaly alloting loot

As for beeing jealous on TF.. yeah right :rolleyes I pity the waste for the guild's tanks, that's all

Why does it matter to you what someone else has? Your "idiotically allotting loot" and "waste" is none of your business. If his guild was fine with him having TF, then that's all that's important.

All this venom and self-righteous attitude you're spewing is nothing more than a silly case of loot envy.

Yeah, using AM/subtlety in raids wasn't necessary as long as you knew when to hold back. Crit burst damage could get you aggro, but in general it is easy to control as long as everything goes OK.

pxleyes

Banned
paul777 said:
How is combustion a buff? Combustion sucked before because there was no point in taking it over PoM. PoM offered identical burst damage consistently, possibility for much more burst damage with lucky crits, and it took off the cast time which is huge because if you haven't noticed WoW pvp is not at all friendly to 3-6 second cast spells. The new combustion has you casting those 3-6 second cast spells even more often. PvE, it's not that bad, but not that good either.

are you a moron? The new Combustion guarantees 3 crit spells, and EVERY fire spell you cast increases your crit chance by 10%, so even if it does take you 10 spells, you will get 3 crits while it lasts. How is that bad?

Tamanon

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Yeah, using AM/subtlety in raids wasn't necessary as long as you knew when to hold back. Crit burst damage could get you aggro, but in general it is easy to control as long as everything goes OK.

And THAT is why the new Subtlety is nice, just flat out reduces Crit aggro.:)

paul777

Banned
Tamanon said:
Actually it means that you don't HAVE to do AM in raids anymore if you have more efficient spells.

It's really simple. My mage in pretty much full epics has about 15% crit rate with a frost spec. So 15% of the time I will be doing 50% less threat. With old arc sub I was doing 40% less threat all the time. It is a DPS nerf.

paul777

Banned
pxleyes said:
are you a moron? The new Combustion guarantees 3 crit spells, and EVERY fire spell you cast increases your crit chance by 10%, so even if it does take you 10 spells, you will get 3 crits while it lasts. How is that bad?

There is still no reason for any mage that wants to PvP to take it over PoM. Fuck, it's even worse for pvp than the old combustion. At least the old version gave you some semblance of controllable burst damage.

pxleyes

Banned
paul777 said:
It's really simple. My mage in pretty much full epics has about 15% crit rate with a frost spec. So 15% of the time I will be doing 50% less threat. With old arc sub I was doing 40% less threat all the time. It is a DPS nerf.

You are a frost build but using AM in raids? yep, moron.

pxleyes

Banned
paul777 said:
There is still no reason for any mage that wants to PvP to take it over PoM. Fuck, it's even worse for pvp than the old combustion. At least the old version gave you some semblance of controllable burst damage.

Did I ever say it was good for PVP? Fuck PvP in my opinion. The combustion change is a PvE buff wich has a LOT of usability.

pxleyes

Banned
Tamanon said:
NO! YOU MUST DO IT HIS WAY!

And go Gators.

lawl.

at least we can ALL agree that Arcane Resiliance is the most pointless talent ever created. Blizzard needs to change the world Intellect with Mana.

and Go Gators.

Forums have been nuked. Mages am uproared.

I'd be pissed too, what a shitty talent review. Poor bastards, come join us Warlock brethren. Do around the same damage but with a pet and actual survivability! :lol

pxleyes

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Forums have been nuked. Mages am uproared.

I'd be pissed too, what a shitty talent review. Poor bastards, come join us Warlock brethren. Do around the same damage but with a pet and actual survivability! :lol

certainly one way to subdue the masses.

Fularu

Banned
SaitoH said:
Why does it matter to you what someone else has? Your "idiotically allotting loot" and "waste" is none of your business. If his guild was fine with him having TF, then that's all that's important.

All this venom and self-righteous attitude you're spewing is nothing more than a silly case of loot envy.

Way to completely miss the point :lol

TF on a rogue (or anything beside a tank btw, including dps warriors) is a waste of the best tanking weapon in-game, now please, when you have hunters getting BB, or warriors taking Maladath, I hope our poor rogues aren't bitching ;)

And I make my business whatever the hell I want my business to be, good kind sir, just like you're doing right now ;)

Winter's Chill
Gived your Frost damage spells a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect, which increases the chance a Frost spell will critically hit the target by 1% for 15 seconds Stacks up to 5 times.

More high quality writing from IGN lolz.

My poor, poor frost mage. :( :( :(

He wasn't even ever all that great in PvP compared to other classes, but a good chunk of his PvE DPS (while farming/grinding solo) came from shatter crits. I really wanted the mage changes to make me want to play him again instead of my priest, now I just can't bear even thinking about it.

Ferrio

Banned
Fularu said:
Calculations prove otherwise, only ashkandi, with the proper spec, can really outdamage the hand of rag. Or else we're Looking at Dark Edge of Insanity, and the thing has been nerfed anyway.

As for the stereotypes, you carry them and flaunt them for everyone to see, my dear ferrio

And the point isn'ty really moot since I would hardly believe your guild has a single tank (or else, good luck in AQ or Naxx)

Ya, we just have rogues tank Nef and hit evasion.

Actually seriously our MT is quite hardcore when comes to tanking, literally an obsession. He doesn't pvp, he cares nothing about dps, but is totally gung ho about being MT. Nothing he likes better in the game than tanking, which is abnormal.

For the longest time he tanked with only some crappy axe called the Hedgecutter, but still was the best tank I've ever seen. Once he got the thunderfury, he's become totally insane. During a broodlord fight, broodlord didn't change targets to any other warrior, the whole fight just kept smacking on him.

TF on a rogue (or anything beside a tank btw, including dps warriors) is a waste of the best tanking weapon in-game, now please, when you have hunters getting BB, or warriors taking Maladath, I hope our poor rogues aren't bitching ;)

We don't bitch. Hell last night a Dragonfang blade went to a hunter, reason no rogue wanted it. Same reason I got the TF, no warrior wanted it.

explodet

Those bastards kept improved counterspell on tier 4 arcane!

And wow, arcane resilience is all sorts of useless!

EDIT: Although I can see why most mages are up in arms - with the nerf to the frost tree, and with 90% (give or take 1%) of mages being frost, you've got 90% of all mages griping.

I'm a frostie myself... but my biggest gripe is that improved counterspell!

firex

this talent review is so bad blizzard hasn't even put it up on their site!

somehow I've got a feeling either a lot of the spells are being reworked or they're going to (hopefully) change the talents more. the only good thing I noticed about frost barrier is the 30 second cooldown so it's basically recastable if you don't use it up entirely.

pxleyes

Banned
firex said:
this talent review is so bad blizzard hasn't even put it up on their site!

somehow I've got a feeling either a lot of the spells are being reworked or they're going to (hopefully) change the talents more. the only good thing I noticed about frost barrier is the 30 second cooldown so it's basically recastable if you don't use it up entirely.

With the PTR going live next week, I dont see many things changing. Not to mention PTRs never fixed talents, just bugs...sometimes.

Taking frost barrier now would pretty much delegate you to raid/group PvE only. You'd lose PoM, and without PoM and the new SHITTY SHATTER your PvP burst DPS can be easily eclipsed by a fucking pally in blues.

explodet

Okay, I can see one possible good thing with arcane resilience: if higher ranks are trainable. Like 50/100/150/200/250... 250% of say, 300 intellect is 750 armor - which isn't fantastic, but not useless.

Tseric speaks:

"Shatter was a miscommunication. It is 5 ranks of 10% increments, not one rank as initially reported. We have contacted IGN with the appropriate update information."

Haha, IGN tarded that one up pretty bad.

Frost Mages got a nice buff now. A PvE raid build might look like:

Arcane: Max subtlety, 2 points focus. Five points clearcasting, 1 point new armor talent, 4 points improved explosion, improved CS and full meditation.

Frost: 5 pt. Improved Frostbolt , 5 points ice shards, 1 point imp. blizzard, 1 point cold snap, 3 points piercing ice, five points shatter, 3 points frost channeling, 1 point ice block, 3 points improved cone of cold, 2 points winter's chill, 1 point ice barrier.

That's a big boost over the current builds. More toys, less points. You'll never run out of mana in PvE with that kind of build and can totally gimp out your mana pool for +dmg and stam like a good mage (if you even have to make the tradeoff, my mage won't see MC/AQ40/BWL since my main is a healbot) since you'll have nutty regen (medidation, mage armor) and cheap spells (channeling).

PvP you'd probably want something with PoM and maybe improved nova, no need for channeling you could dump it into improved blizzard to fight the zerg.

OK, happier now.

Shatter is exactly the same, Tseric just said so. It was a miscommunication with IGN.

Arcane sublety is much more of a buff than a nerf. Lowering resistances and having it affect crits from all schools is very good. And it's actually a buff on broodlord too. Now horde mages don't have to hit the arcane missiles button for the entire fight. They can just autowand and alt-tab out like the warlocks do until it's announced he's dead over vent.

explodet

cubicle47b said:
Shatter is exactly the same, Tseric just said so. It was a miscommunication with IGN.
... actually, it's slightly different.

They updated it so that it reads:

IGN said:
Increases the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 10/20/30/40/50%.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another error, but if true... dang.

pxleyes said:
You are a frost build but using AM in raids? yep, moron.

I've raided with him, I saw him regularly catch no.1 on the damage meter for 2 months straight as a mage, just wearing greens and blues. Tre & MAF have also played with him as well, he's no moron, and probably is a better player than you.

pxleyes

Banned
Sirpopopop said:
I've raided with him, I saw him regularly catch no.1 on the damage meter for 2 months straight as a mage, just wearing greens and blues. Tre & MAF have also played with him as well, he's no moron, and probably is a better player than you.

sorry, but if you dump points into the frost tree to only use AM, then you are a waste.

pxleyes said:
sorry, but if you dump points into the frost tree to only use AM, then you are a waste.

He didn't say he only used AM...

What he said was this:

On fights where threat is an important factor mages were nerfed outright with this change to Arc sub.

So for fights where threat was important - he used AM.

pxleyes

Banned
Sirpopopop said:
He didn't say he only used AM...

What he said was this:

So for fights where threat was important - he used AM.

then he has no concept of managing his own threat. Most mages do just fine with frost/firebolt while still managing aggro. If you are overdealing THAT much damage, then you are hurting the raid rather than helping.

paul777

Banned
pxleyes said:
then he has no concept of managing his own threat. Most mages do just fine with frost/firebolt while still managing aggro. If you are overdealing THAT much damage, then you are hurting the raid rather than helping.

It's not a matter of managing threat, it's a matter of potential DPS. I can do 1000 damage with AM but only cause 600 points of threat. The threat ceiling for AM is higher allowing me to do more damage than I could with frostbolt. Of course, a lot of fights don't really have a threat ceiling at all, but some do and on those you are better served with AM if you have Subtlety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom