• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think it should be 180 day limit for new realms to be transferable to, not 90.

there is no reason to want to transfer your leet epiced toon to a "new" realm unless you wanna be a "E-God Prick" on it, which is crap. And if the realm is 6 months or less old you should have no problem getting in groups/guilds/joining friends/etc as the realm grows it community.

All Tr2 level toons on a new realm would do is destroy the PVP, and the economy.

Tamanon

Banned
Wooo, our raiding group one-shotted Onyxia on our first try. Had only 35 people keyed but it was a fun as hell fight. 2 Priest headpieces dropped. Then we made our regular MC run up to Shazzrah, was a good fast pace, no wipes, no deaths for me which was a good thing, lol. And we had the Bindings of the Wind Seeker drop off Garr:D

Since it hasn't been used yet...Rogue Talent Review first look:

The review is well underway and we wanted to share a sort of first glimpse into the changes being made for the rogue talent review. Keep in mind that these changes are not complete or final, and the below information is likely to alter as we move into our testing phases. While not everything is listed, the below list encompasses the majority of changes being made in the review.

I'll be working in the weeks to come to get as much additional information as possible, but it is likely that quite a bit of the final information regarding talent changes will not be fully announced until the talent calculators go live. Of course you'll also be able to actually play around with the changes too once the Public Test Realms go up.

I'm going to just list the changes and provide additional information where possible or necessary. Let's get to it.

# The following talents have been removed: Improved Deadly Poison, Improved Distract, Throwing Weapon Specialization, Improved Vanish, and Rapid Concealment.

# Improved Instant Poison is now "Improved Poisons" and increases your chance to apply ALL poisons by 2/4/6/8/10%.

# Rapid Concealment has been merged with Camouflage, by combining these talents you not only get a great talent to start off the tree, but obviously it frees up a number of points to be spent elsewhere.

# Murder will now also apply to all finishing moves. The benefit this will provide to output and attack combinations is fairly straightforward.

# Vile Poisons now gives your poisons a chance to resist dispel effects, in addition to increasing poison damage.

# Improved Kidney Shot has been changed, and will instead increase the damage taken by the target while they are affected by Kidney Shot. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Kidney Shot.

# Improved Sprint has been changed, and will instead have a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when you activate your Sprint ability. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Sprint.

# Improved Evasion renamed to Endurance, and will add a Sprint cooldown reduction.

# New talent Weapon Expertise in the Combat tree, increases your weapon skill with all melee weapons. The recovery of damage with an increased weapon skill should be a good boost to overall output.

# Initiative is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75% end chance to add an additional combo point.

# Elusiveness is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75 sec cooldown reduction to Evasion, Blind, and Vanish.

# Ghostly Strike now has a reduced Energy cost, the reduction of Energy was enough to make it necessary to also reduce the damage output slightly.

# Improved Garrotes damage reduction will be removed. This is being changed as part of an overall improvement for Garrote.

# Setup is being moved higher up in the tree, becoming a 16 point talent with no prerequisites, helping move the talent in reach of specific builds.

# New talent Heightened Senses in the subtlety tree, increases your Stealth detection, and reduces the chance for you to be hit by spells and ranged attacks.

# Hemorrhage will be moved up in the tree to become a 21 point talent. This should help to place the ability in a more reachable position, and allow for a little more versatility with specific talent builds.

# New talent Deadliness in the Subtlety tree, increases your Attack Power by a percentage.

# Premeditation will have its Energy requirement removed, changed to an instant cast, and range increased. Its cooldown will remain the same. Premeditation will now be pre-reqd by Preperation.

# Vanish will now remove effects that allow the caster to remain aware of the rogues presence, such as Mind Vision and Hunters Mark.

# Garrote, Rupture, and Eviscerate are being increased in damage. More details to come.

# Expose Armor will now reduce armor by a percentage.

I'll be continuing to speak with the designers and collecting as much additional information as possible in the coming weeks.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes, some very nice changes there.

Just remains to be seen where they'll place them all.

This one has me sad though:

# New talent Heightened Senses in the subtlety tree, increases your Stealth detection, and reduces the chance for you to be hit by spells and ranged attacks.

Going to be way too high in the sub tree probably for me to obtain. Heh sounds like I might lose to rogues a lot more. (especially since MoD looks like it'll pale in comparison to camo). Which is also sad cause avoiding spell damage is a HUGE pve advantage.

Also VERY interesting in changes to garrote, evisc, and rupture.

Overall looks like a huge buff in PvP aspects for sub builds. Though only one change in the combat tree.... god there better be more.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Huuuuge boost to Subtlety. Nice improvements to the poison talents. :0 @ improved kidney shot etc. Now, if they can just make dagger builds not require significant points in all three trees to be viable...

firex

sadly, I believe the rogue changes will be pretty minor despite what they're saying. I mean, the shaman changes sounded awesome, but instead they got tiny little tweaks and didn't address a lot of the fundamental flaws.

Alex

I'm not a Rogue, but I'd say two big Rogue concerns they could address would be energy generation scaling with gear and changing the tedium from being the only class that has to specifcly spec for PvE damage in such a degree, most notably combat daggers.

Ferrio

Banned
Alex said:
I'm not a Rogue, but I'd say two big Rogue concerns they could address would be energy generation scaling with gear and changing the tedium from being the only class that has to specifcly spec for PvE damage in such a degree, most notably combat daggers.

I don't think they're going to touch energy generation. Pretty sure they're going to touch rage generation and normalize it so it doesn't scale as much.

Which I think is truely sad.

Teknopathetic said:
What Ferrio said.

Are you a hunter? Because that would explain a lot.

Yeah well, hunter's mark was fairly close to useless as it was. The only thing it was good for was keeping track of rogues. Why don't we just go ahead and make normal stealth bump mark off as well.

Ferrio

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah well, hunter's mark was fairly close to useless as it was. The only thing it was good for was keeping track of rogues. Why don't we just go ahead and make normal stealth bump mark off as well.

Oh no, every 5 minutes you might lose your mark.

Ya, feel sorry for hunters, they should have other ways to get rogues outta stealth. Something like a dot, or some kinda... light, or maybe they could add a new tracking skill!

Azwethinkweiz said:
Flare or Serpent Sting?

I don't play a hunter or a rogue, but I cannot believe you're serious about this. Have you ever lost to a rogue? It should never happen, and this little stealth change isn't going to make rogues into hunter-killing monsters.

SyNapSe

wow @ the rogue changes. You can tell how good they are just by the reaction in the official thread on the rogue forum.

Some of the changes are great.. merging all the poison talents.. lowering Opp to 3 points, etc. Imp. KS we'll have to see more info.

Garrote & Rupture - these needed fixed for a long time + ability to scale with gear. Hmm, says Imp. Garrotte will no longer increase damage as part of the changes.

The Imp. Sprint and Vanish removal of Hunter's Mark seem like too much when combined with Prep. and trinket and WotF/Escape Artist (i know those are racials but it seems tons of rogue's who want to PvP choose one of those races). That's a lot of ways to get out of things.. granted they are on cooldowns.

I have both a Hunter and Rogue, so I can see it from both sides. Perhaps it would have made a bit more sense to treat Hunters Mark like fear abilities and not have it last as long in PvP. Maybe reduce the time it lasts on a player down to 30 seconds? Eh, that might suck too in world PvP.

Ferrio said:
or maybe they could add a new tracking skill!

I realized at that point that you have no idea what you're talking about. Please go ask every hunter you know how well track hidden works. Please, go, do it now.

Ferrio

Banned
SyNapSe said:
Hmm, says Imp. Garrotte will no longer increase damage as part of the changes.

No it says it will no longer REDUCE damage. Was really retarded, a talent that reduces the damage of the actual attack.... but increases it's time. So a weaker dot that lasts longer.... was a horrible idea.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I realized at that point that you have no idea what you're talking about. Please go ask every hunter you know how well track hidden works. Please, go, do it now.

It increases your stealth detection. Yes I'm aware that's not a free ticket to see rogues, but it's more than any other class has. Add that on top of mark, and flare, and dots... and you shouldn't have to worry even if mark fails once in a while?

Do you put up a fit like this whenever a priest dispells it off rogues too?

Overall the hunters I've talked to, especially ones with a hunter and a rogue character said the change will have little impact. Quoting one of my guildmates "I only use mark to piss off rogues anyways".

Ferrio

Banned
Hero said:
Hunters am cry next patch.

Ferrio, curious, what's your AP right now, unbuffed?

895?

Something like that.

I'm a +hit rogue. Sitting at +17 to hit, will have +19 to hit soon as I get my BF chest.

Tamanon

Banned
Anybody else notice that Sulfuron's Priests seem to have a much longer range on their heals now?

We're just AEing them down instead of drawing one at a time, but it was kinda annoying to wipe twice to eternally healing priests. Plus Counterspell being resistable doesn't help:p

Tamanon said:
Anybody else notice that Sulfuron's Priests seem to have a much longer range on their heals now?

We're just AEing them down instead of drawing one at a time, but it was kinda annoying to wipe twice to eternally healing priests. Plus Counterspell being resistable doesn't help:p

Our warriors, rogues, mages, and shamans were making damn sure they don't get one off, and I mean all 4 of them. Not sure if LOS is involved, I was watching the MT's health and dispelling those nearby that end.

Wait Mana, isn't your hunter still in the 20s? Physical damage classes rule the roost of lowbie pvp. Come back when you're in the 40s and spellcasters are starting to get the major things they spec for and the rest of their spells.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Our warriors, rogues, mages, and shamans were making damn sure they don't get one off, and I mean all 4 of them. Not sure if LOS is involved, I was watching the MT's health and dispelling those nearby that end.

Yeah, putting one Rogue on all of the mobs to kick when they heal isn't a bad idea anymore.

I really wish the hunter talent review wasn't one of the first ones. I realize the class was very broken before the review but blizzard didn't look far enough ahead and based the review on the current (at the time) power of the other classes. Now that everyone else is getting talent reviews, hunters are getting closer and closer to square one. It doesn't help that we have pretty much the worst itemization in the game.

Teknopathetic said:
Wait Mana, isn't your hunter still in the 20s? Physical damage classes rule the roost of lowbie pvp. Come back when you're in the 40s and spellcasters are starting to get the major things they spec for and the rest of their spells.

Or, you could be like me on my mage alt, blink in between a hunter and his pet, Nova, sheep the pet, pop fireball -> fireblast, Troll zerking, resheep, renova fireball, fireblast, dead. Poor fool got off like one raptor strike. :lol

Hero

Azwethinkweiz said:
I really wish the hunter talent review wasn't one of the first ones. I realize the class was very broken before the review but blizzard didn't look far enough ahead and based the review on the current (at the time) power of the other classes. Now that everyone else is getting talent reviews, hunters are getting closer and closer to square one. It doesn't help that we have pretty much the worst itemization in the game.

Worst itemization in the game? Typical hunter. Rogues by far have the worst itemization in the game.

firex

sorry, any melee or hunter whining about ANYTHING should make a mage/lock/priest and try to say that they have superior itemization. You actually get something out of your stats, while every piece of cloth gear should just be +stamina and +spell power for mages/warlocks and +spirit and +healing power for priests, because for some reason base stats only affect you if you're meleeing or shooting a bow/gun.

Melee bitching about itemization is hilarious.

Balance druids have the worst endgame itemization in the game right now, I think. Paladins are up there as well (this is allievated in Naxx), and I'd imagine that Shamen would have some pretty crappy itemization too.

Pure damage casters aren't in that bad shape, I would say that the choice for passive trinkets are weak, especially for mages, and they should have never nerfed -resistance gear like they did, made a lot of the stuff in AQ40 for casters mostly pointless.

Feral druid itemization was largely addressed well by AQ20/40, IMO. It's an off-spec for raid dungeons and you don't want to put too much of the stuff in the game.

What hunters do have is bad weapon itemization, which is almost completely due to the aimed/multi/autoshot rotation they do to maximize DPS. Blizzard needs to come in and bust that mechanic up (without gimping their DPS) so that faster weapons are actually appealing and everyone isn't just running around with crossbows from Chrommagus until they kill Kel'Thuzad.

Priests do need some int and stam though ;p. I like having tons of hitpoints in raids, even with reactive fade.

fallout

Fragamemnon said:
I'd imagine that Shamen would have some pretty crappy itemization too.
Shamans tend to wear five Tier 1 and three Tier 2 in PvE from what I've read. And seeing the pieces, I can pretty much understand. The major problem with shaman Tier 2, from what I can see, is that it doesn't really know what it wants to be. I know some nuke PvPers enjoy it, but most of the geared shamans that I PvP with tend to PvP elem/resto and wear five Tier 1 and three of whatever else to get the set bonus.

Regardless, there isn't a lot out there for enh shamans, unless you want to start stealing hunter loot (cue the hunter bitching).

firex

shaman gear is pretty bad, but the bigger problem with shamans is their abilities went from useful and balanced, to useless and mana hogging. I still want to get ten storms for my shaman someday but that's because of the spell crit (cause I'm 21 ele/30 resto). It's just too hard IMO to gear up for enhancement, but at least you aren't taking any set pieces.

well, ok, I also want to get ten storms for my shaman so it'll up the sale value of my account.

Fragamemnon said:
What hunters do have is bad weapon itemization, which is almost completely due to the aimed/multi/autoshot rotation they do to maximize DPS. Blizzard needs to come in and bust that mechanic up (without gimping their DPS) so that faster weapons are actually appealing and everyone isn't just running around with crossbows from Chrommagus until they kill Kel'Thuzad.

The sad thing about this is that other classes have no idea about the shot rotation that hunters are forced to use in raids. Therefore they see all these ranged weapons drop that no hunter would ever touch, call us stupid for not taking a bow that has a higher DPS stat on the icon, then tell us that our itemization is fine. The sadder thing is that there are many hunters that still don't know about the shot rotation either. Rogues at least have the option to go dagger or sword. Hunters have the xbow option and that's it. Since there are only 2 endgame xbows (one drops off Kel), our itemization is by far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom