• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMage

Banned
Everytime a new fix patch is brought out, I get paranoid about what new bugs they've introduced into the game. That's how bad their recent patches have been. It's like nobody tests them beforehand.

Gattsu25 said:
You're on Mal'Ganis, eh? Send Neceri a whisper sometime

36 Undead Warrior

Yeah my main is Bourne. 60 Orc Hunter. If you need anything and I'm not busy I'll be happy to help.

edit: By the way I know someone pm'd me saying they were interested in seeing the twin emps video I made for my guild so here it is. Keep in mind that it's from a hunter perspective so you might not see all you need to see. Also, CTbossmod was ****ed to all hell and wouldn't work with the teleport timings, so I was messing with that a lot during the video. Sorry bout that:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8508500181164199106&hl=en

explodet

I gotta say, the horde have it rough right now when it comes to the end game, and that's not even considering the lousy shaman review. Take my server for example:

* There's currently about a 2.5:1 active ratio of alliance:horde, sometimes pushing 3:1.
* It's an older server that have had several character transfers to other servers because of population issues. The last transfer saw a rather large exodus of horde players.
* About 13 alliance raids have killed Nefarian, compared to 4 or 5 on horde side.
* Five alliance guild has gotten to C'thun, while only one Horde guild has gotten to the Twin Emperors. Only one horde raid has gotten a boss down in Naxx, while 5 or 6 alliance raids have downed multiple Naxx bosses.
* There's not as much PVP going as before because those on the horde side are either burnt out from pvp because so many of them have gotten all the rewards they want, or they're forming pugs in blues facing off against alliance dressed to the nines with tier 2 and eventually tier 3 items.
* With the higher population, it's easier for the alliance to gain ranks - there have been weeks where two alliance became Grand Marshals. Meanwhile Horde have to pvp constantly to make sure they hit rank 14.

Mute

Banned
Drensch said:
Just look at Alterac. Waterfall exploit, still there. North bunker hill jump? Fixed.
Ok. The NPCs in AV? We have a hard enough time capping Aid Station with no Alliance there, let alone the NPCs, whereas Alliance can walk right in and cap whatever they feel like. I'm glad they fixed those bowmen though. I've played both Alliance and Horde, and I really appreciated AV when i was Alli. Now? Not so much :(
It's ok though, I hate AV as it is, so I'm rarely ever there.

ManaByte

explodet said:
* Five alliance guild has gotten to C'thun, while only one Horde guild has gotten to the Twin Emperors. Only one horde raid has gotten a boss down in Naxx, while 5 or 6 alliance raids have downed multiple Naxx bosses.

Not true. Fires of Heaven is Horde and they've downed C'thun.

explodet

ManaByte said:
Not true. Fires of Heaven is Horde and they've downed C'thun.
I know Horde guilds have downed C'thun, the first known kill was Horde. The whole hotfix thing.

But on my server which I used as an example, a horde guild hasn't gotten him.

firex

Yeah, I don't hate alliance players on any principle of "they're playing the easy faction," especially when this game isn't hard anyway. But objectively, they just flat out have it better in every way except crossing continents. But the thing is, they have so much more content, the only reason I've swapped continents was for really easy green quests on my pally to get some nelf rep.

And I still believe alliance overall has more useful racials. Maybe not for pvp, but their racials generally help pve so much that it gives them another advantage to gearing up faster, which helps more in pvp than any racial really.

Ramirez

Desperate prayer,perception,escape artist, and shadowmeld are just as good as any PVP racial that horde get...the only racial that is completely rigged is Orcs stun resist.

border

explodet said:
* With the higher population, it's easier for the alliance to gain ranks - there have been weeks where two alliance became Grand Marshals. Meanwhile Horde have to pvp constantly to make sure they hit rank 14.
How does a higher population help the Alliance? It makes them less likely to get in a battleground (until 1.12), and I don't think the rankings really take population into account. Wouldn't having more people just mean more players competing for top ranks?

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
How does a higher population help the Alliance? It makes them less likely to get in a battleground (until 1.12), and I don't think the rankings really take population into account. Wouldn't having more people just mean more players competing for top ranks?

Yeah the rankings are based on population. So with more alliance, the upward mobility is slower.

pxleyes

Banned
firex said:
Yeah, I don't hate alliance players on any principle of "they're playing the easy faction," especially when this game isn't hard anyway. But objectively, they just flat out have it better in every way except crossing continents. But the thing is, they have so much more content, the only reason I've swapped continents was for really easy green quests on my pally to get some nelf rep.

And I still believe alliance overall has more useful racials. Maybe not for pvp, but their racials generally help pve so much that it gives them another advantage to gearing up faster, which helps more in pvp than any racial really.

Sigh, just naivity. Horde are truly easy when it comes to leveling and PVP compared to Alliance.

border

Tamanon said:
Yeah the rankings are based on population. So with more alliance, the upward mobility is slower.
I thought the idea was just that the High Warlord/Grand Marshall sets the curve, and everyone else falls in line. The rankings are based around total honor per population?

firex

truly easy because there's literally about 40% more content for the alliance than the horde, right? grinding in the barrens from level 12-26 isn't any easier than loch modan/westfall/redridge/wetlands/duskwood, it's just much more repetitive. easier in pvp because they get war stomp and stun resist/wotf, but when alliance have it WAY easier to complete raid instances they can gear up much faster and easier, and paladins completely stomp shamans for actual group pvp utility (healing and survivability). paladins alone are the reason alliance is way better in the level 60 bracket.

any alliance player who tries to claim horde has ANY advantage beyond goblin zeppelins is in denial. there's basically 2-3 encounters, none of them end bosses, that have a horde bias. and just by doing the math and looking at abilities, paladins > shamans as a class. what can shamans do? oh, a couple snares, but that's what hunters/warriors can do. the dps of shocks is laughable endgame, and healing wise they are horribly inefficient and quickly go out of mana.

here's the pvp advantage for horde: low level WSG, where shaman can earthbind and a lot of people are limited in escaping it. in 60 BGs it's simple, alliance gets more gear so they hit harder/survive longer, and paladins actually scale much better endgame than shamans because they're only split 2 ways, instead of 3.

If you give me a team of 60s for WSG/AB and each side is equally geared and skilled with the same group makeup, I'll take the alliance because they'll be much tougher to kill. I'd really like to believe there's more balance than there is... but no. If you made every alliance attack some kind of area-effect poison/disease then the horde would have a real advantage in the 60 bracket. But right now, at any point where raid gear gets involved, alliance is going to be better if they know how to play.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
truly easy because there's literally about 40% more content for the alliance than the horde, right? grinding in the barrens from level 12-26 isn't any easier than loch modan/westfall/redridge/wetlands/duskwood, it's just much more repetitive. easier in pvp because they get war stomp and stun resist/wotf, but when alliance have it WAY easier to complete raid instances they can gear up much faster and easier, and paladins completely stomp shamans for actual group pvp utility (healing and survivability). paladins alone are the reason alliance is way better in the level 60 bracket.

any alliance player who tries to claim horde has ANY advantage beyond goblin zeppelins is in denial. there's basically 2-3 encounters, none of them end bosses, that have a horde bias. and just by doing the math and looking at abilities, paladins > shamans as a class. what can shamans do? oh, a couple snares, but that's what hunters/warriors can do. the dps of shocks is laughable endgame, and healing wise they are horribly inefficient and quickly go out of mana.

here's the pvp advantage for horde: low level WSG, where shaman can earthbind and a lot of people are limited in escaping it. in 60 BGs it's simple, alliance gets more gear so they hit harder/survive longer, and paladins actually scale much better endgame than shamans because they're only split 2 ways, instead of 3.

If you give me a team of 60s for WSG/AB and each side is equally geared and skilled with the same group makeup, I'll take the alliance because they'll be much tougher to kill. I'd really like to believe there's more balance than there is... but no. If you made every alliance attack some kind of area-effect poison/disease then the horde would have a real advantage in the 60 bracket. But right now, at any point where raid gear gets involved, alliance is going to be better if they know how to play.

Wait, what?

Barrens(which is pretty much the size of Loch Modan/Westfall/Darkshore together) you can do from 10-18, or you could do it at Silverpine Forest. From 18-28 you can do Hillsbrad, Stonetalon, Southern Barrens, Thousand Needles.

I think you're just suffering from "grass is always greener".

firex

yes, barrens is huge. and ****ing empty, so you stay in one bland zone. I'm not saying westfall/loch modan/redridge are great, but you at least get to mix up the location a bit. plus there's a LOT of content in darkshore now, more than enough to get from level 10-15 on your own there at the very least.

silverpine is so horribly designed and hasn't been updated in forever that you may go there for early quests, and then never touch it until SFK time, because it just drops off to elite quests after a little bit of progress. It's not "the grass is always greener," it's "I've played both factions enough to know that the alliance is better designed." you think I'm trashing the horde design, when really I'm praising the alliance design because they got blizzard's best effort. horde has a good chunk of quests in the barrens, but not nearly enough in stonetalon, and could use more in 1k needles. Barrens is the only real "money zone" for horde and I'd really probably take duskwood over it, just because it's smaller but more compact. That's the real problem. horde gets stagnant early and quickly drops off in fun, while on alliance the late teens-20s leveling range is a lot of fun, because there's just tons upon tons of quests packed into a couple zones on the same continent (duskwood and wetlands).

basically, if blizzard would put in a lot more quests in stonetalon, ashenvale and 1k needles, most of my complaints about the grind horde side would go away. then it would just come down to balance between paladins and shaman, where blizzard really needs to work on things.

I realize for hardcore players it doesn't take a lot of time to hit 30, especially if you take a grinding machine like a dps class, or something that's a good soloer with survivability at that level range, like a druid/shaman, but I'm just saying, alliance has a lot more content, in more zones, and generally got the better design. Especially when it comes to minor things like rep gains, as there are a lot of quests you can do alliance side and gain an extra 100 or so rep due to an extra step that's basically "now, take this item across town for another 1k xp." It's the little things that add up to making it easier for alliance. They just have it better when it comes to the design of the game and class balance.

Mute

Banned
explodet said:
I think my pvp example was a bit off, I probably should have thought it out better.
I'm just wondering how one side can get two Rank 14s in one week.

Anyway, try and figure out the calculation of ranking:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Honor_System
My eyes glazed over after 2 minutes.
What do you not understand? It's pretty simple. I just wish they'd remove Honor Decay. That's bullshit.

Drensch said:
Just look at Alterac. Waterfall exploit, still there. North bunker hill jump? Fixed.

What.
indifferent_gary.gif

explodet said:
I gotta say, the horde have it rough right now when it comes to the end game, and that's not even considering the lousy shaman review. Take my server for example:

* There's currently about a 2.5:1 active ratio of alliance:horde, sometimes pushing 3:1.
* It's an older server that have had several character transfers to other servers because of population issues. The last transfer saw a rather large exodus of horde players.
* About 13 alliance raids have killed Nefarian, compared to 4 or 5 on horde side.
* There's not as much PVP going as before because those on the horde side are either burnt out from pvp because so many of them have gotten all the rewards they want, or they're forming pugs in blues facing off against alliance dressed to the nines with tier 2 and eventually tier 3 items.

Great Truth™

I find myself going after BLUE pvp gear against people with way more and better goodies than I got (ostensiably, right when Naxx and Tier 3 comes out. Ain't I got good timing?).

Back this time last year, there was a large shift from Ally to Horde when Warstomp and WotF were the huge pvp talents, then BWL happened, and Horde guilds with some members not ready to bring their best in every fight staggered at Vael, whereas Ally got some wiggleroom with blessings, fear ward, etc., and more continued on, and quicker. Ball goes rolling, next thing you know, people are going, "you know what? I'd like a passive MR buff with triple the power." "Id like to be able to to DPS without throttling my damage; it gets the boss down faster, and I dont get smacked nowhere near as much" "I love 450 more HP, 60 more AP, and more dodge/armor/crit along with ~700 armor. I feel safer, what with me up there stabbing Ony in the face with mostly blues." This has over fall and winter swung it back in alliance favor, for gear can and will make up for lack of pvp skill...like awesome buffs can and will make up for lack of pve skill.

SaitoH

The only great truth is more people equals a greater likelyhood that some have progressed further. Since PvP is all about gear -and progress equals gear- you're more likely to run into a better geared player.

The rest is just a horde self-pity fest.

Blame Blizzard for putting the two most popular MMO races on the same side. Humans and elves guaranteed a population imbalance.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Back this time last year, there was a large shift from Ally to Horde when Warstomp and WotF were the huge pvp talents, then BWL happened, and Horde guilds with some members not ready to bring their best in every fight staggered at Vael, whereas Ally got some wiggleroom with blessings, fear ward, etc., and more continued on, and quicker.

I can understand complaints about alliance imbalance on say Nefarion (fear ward, shaman call) or Chrommagus (paladin cleansing, freeing up priests and druids to heal more, though it's not a heal intensive fight), but Vael? Salvation isn't a big deal if your rogues know when to vanish and healers and casters will never pull aggro from the melee that fight. Blessing of might helps but so do totems in a similar fashion. Kings is not necessary for this fight at all, yes Vael hits hard but nothing that can't be healed through with alert players.

Heck, even complaining about Broodlord would have made more sense. But Vael? No faction really has a benefit here over the other IMO.

I think the funniest thing is that with all the alliance advantages in end-game boss encounters, the one encounter that horde had an advantage (Huhuran with grounding totems), blizzard went ahead and fixed it so that it was equally as hard for both factions. Granted, it's still not that hard, but that fix right there showed, to me anyway, the obvious bias that blizzzard has for alliance.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I think the funniest thing is that with all the alliance advantages in end-game boss encounters, the one encounter that horde had an advantage (Huhuran with grounding totems), blizzard went ahead and fixed it so that it was equally as hard for both factions. Granted, it's still not that hard, but that fix right there showed, to me anyway, the obvious bias that blizzzard has for alliance.

Just in AQ40, as an example.

1) Skeram is about equal. Alliance has kings and wisdom, but it's not a big deal here, as the fight isn't about hard tanking or endurance healing.
2) Bug Trio - Horde has it way easier dealing with Lord Kri last, which yeilds the best loot. Fear Ward isn't nearly as good in this fight against Yauj's fear as warriors with zerk rage and pummel to stop the heals. I'd actually prefer tremor totem over fear ward this fight, since even if you absorb the fear you still eat the aggro wipe.
3) Sartura - Alliance has the leg up due to kings here and the spikey damage.
4) Viscidus - Horde has a huge benefit here due to poison totems.
5) Huhuran - Really a wash. Both sides still are about equal, with unique advantages and disadvantages.
6) Twin Emps - Alliance has an advantage here due to blessings and the mobile nature of the fight making totems sorta pointless.
7) Ouro- Silly sandworm. Fight is more coordination and a final DPS zerg than anything else.
8) C'Thun-I think alliance has it better here because the constant moving around really makes totems weak.

Naxx is turning out similarly to be a wash. But if you want to cling to your persecution complex, by all means do so.

I have no complex. You think I give a damn that blizzard balances raid encounters around an alliance setup or that all the battlegrounds give the edge to alliance? No. My guild still progresses in all end-game pve encounters and still wins most of the battlegrounds we're in. However, I'm not going to just ignore the obvious bias that exists.

That being said, I do curse blizzard every night for making paladins far and away a better utility class than shamans, not to mention paladins having far overpowered survivability. One paladin holding a node in AB for 15 seconds until reinforcements arrive? So ****ing gay.

explodet

I'm not gonna go into leveling or pvp much, most of my focus these days is on the end game. I'm trying to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt for the most part when it comes to raid bosses and balance - a little more offense for horde, a little more defense for alliance. Some slightly easier, some slightly harder. I'll give you TAQ and Naxx as being pretty balanced as far as factions go. Okay.

However...

The one encounter that sticks in my craw regarding the two factions is Nefarian. My raid is trying to kill him right now, and I can't help but curse Blizzard for creating a boss where the alliance have a clear advantage.

The shaman call gives Nef a bunch of windfury totems, as well as some other totems. And these are totems with a lot more than 5 hit points. Meanwhile the paladin call gives Nef Blessing of Protection. The Horde have to work their asses off to clear out the totems quickly, while the Alliance just sit there and wait for it to drop, or maybe have the clothies wand to regain mana.

To summarize:
Shaman call: Clear many totems.
Paladin call: Do nothing.

You can not tell me that is fair.

Fragamemnon said:
4) Viscidus - Horde has a huge benefit here due to poison totems.
You forgot FROSTSHOCK!

As a horde warlock I'd love to have blessing of kings for 10% more sta/int, blessing of wisdom for 40mp/5, and blessing of salvation for 30% threat reduction (I might even be able to spec SM/Ruin, OMG). And concentration aura would be godly since I'd be able to hellfire without interruption instead of having channeling break instantly whenever more than two things hit me.

Love being the MT imp bitch and getting windfury and strength of earth, though. Those buffs are hot. And the only totem buffs I've ever gotten in a raid (no wait, I got tranquil air on Firemaw once).

Ramirez

I wonder why they haven't added some type of spell damage totem,because yea,aside from mana totem/tide,shaman's are literally no help to buffing casters in the way a Paladin can.

Nefarion is way way way harder for Horde. Fear Ward and the Shaman class call make it silly stupid as long as you aren't retarded on Phase 1.

Fights where Fear Ward just removes the need for an offtank or any stance dancing are stupid. They should have made the paladin and shaman class call the same-no healing allowed and Nef makes a big LOLDPS emote if a shaman or paladin hits them.

Ramirez said:
I wonder why they haven't added some type of spell damage totem,because yea,aside from mana totem/tide,shaman's are literally no help to buffing casters in the way a Paladin can.

Tranquil Air and Mana Tide.

The main three blessings that benefit casters are salvation, wisdom, and kings, from most to least important.

On Nefarian we stack the MT group with 3 shamans (3 tremor totems because the totem works as a pulse every X seconds) and have 2 off-tanks who berserker rage every other fear. Plus, as a fail safe, I stand on the tank side of Nefarian near the tail, and stay between the 3 tanks and the rest of the raid in hate. Doing this, the raid never gets shadow flamed. I die every other time, though (usually because I get above one of the off-tanks in hate). I'm not a healer so I can't say how bad it is to heal through windfury but if you can coordinate, Nefarian really isn't that bad. The hard part for us was actually phase 1.

Shamans give the MT and melee groups windfury/GoA and strength of earth and the healers mana spring / mana tide. There are only so many shaman to go around (4-5 per raid) so I almost never get totem buffs. I didn't even get a totem buff as a soaker on Huhuran now that I think about it. My NR buff was aspect of the wild.

Fragamemnon said:
I can understand complaints about alliance imbalance on say Nefarion (fear ward, shaman call) or Chrommagus (paladin cleansing, freeing up priests and druids to heal more, though it's not a heal intensive fight), but Vael? Salvation isn't a big deal if your rogues know when to vanish and healers and casters will never pull aggro from the melee that fight. Blessing of might helps but so do totems in a similar fashion. Kings is not necessary for this fight at all, yes Vael hits hard but nothing that can't be healed through with alert players.

Heck, even complaining about Broodlord would have made more sense. But Vael? No faction really has a benefit here over the other IMO.

That's why I made sure to mention "Horde guilds with some members not ready to bring their best in every fight staggered at Vael". The big timers get it and quick as alliance or even faster, but BoS smooths that out for alliance who would be having that trouble. Fear Ward is the only one that is an easily pointed to feature where you go "Look! Mags is easier"

Saitoh: The individual things I and others listed are not the magic bullet in and of themselves, but they do build up, exacerbating each other's impact. I'd ignore pally buffs and fear ward like I have been because I like the fact that you can use these unique talents to do fights differently than the other faction at times, and they are buffs for the ally, not nerfs for the horde (which have a few pve buffs too), but the Huhu thing, totems on Razor, and the North Bunker thing (wtf?) have recently gotten me kinda annoyed and vocal.

SyNapSe

Tamanon said:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718310p1.html

Some of the World PvP stuff being added. Sounds pretty damn cool to me, there shall be WARS in Silithus on even PvE servers.:)

That sound simultaneously great and terrible. Everything about it sounds pretty neat really. It just needs to be in new zones. It pretty much eliminates those two zones as reasonable leveling area's for 53+ people on a PvP server. It's also the two area's where they have added the new supposed "casual" or non-raider elite PvE rewards. As if they weren't enough of a pretty much ridiculous grind without an all-out war going on in the zone.

I'm hearing talk of level 9 PvP reward weapons and I'm really excited for that. They really need to expand the selection of PvP weapons available.

firex

One problem I have with the honor system is it just doesn't have enough organization. IMO it should be broken up into ladders for each level bracket, so HWL/Grand Marshal aren't limited to 60s (and also, they should add lower leveled rewards gear). That way, the competition for rank is fairer. And I really don't get why they punish lower leveled players. Granted, I really prefer the 60 bracket (because that's when every class is finished with talents AND skills), but it's definitely way out of balance now. Lower level brackets may not have classes with all their skills yet, but the gear difference isn't as high either.

gondwana

Tamanon said:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718310p1.html

Some of the World PvP stuff being added. Sounds pretty damn cool to me, there shall be WARS in Silithus on even PvE servers.:)

Wow, only 2 zones? I was hoping for at least some kind of global system. This is gonna end up being an endless cp grind like battlegrounds (but you take a flight path guys!). and looking at the objectives their aiming for, it's not like we haven't seen this stuff before

Hero

I really hope there's more than that planned for 1.12, but I doubt it.

Rogue review: Sucks
World PVP 'improvement': Lame

This is what I want:

Bounty System. Got ganked by a lvl 60 while grinding? Put a bounty on his head. When another player of the same faction goes and checks bounties, he can accept them like quests to go and kill these players (outside of Battlegrounds of course) and when the corpse is looted, you get an ear, tooth, etc like old AV and you can hand that in for the reward. Nothing too complicated, but I think it would add something new and exciting.

NME

Hero said:
This is what I want:

Bounty System. Got ganked by a lvl 60 while grinding? Put a bounty on his head. When another player of the same faction goes and checks bounties, he can accept them like quests to go and kill these players (outside of Battlegrounds of course) and when the corpse is looted, you get an ear, tooth, etc like old AV and you can hand that in for the reward. Nothing too complicated, but I think it would add something new and exciting.

This idea sounds interesting, but I have a couple of questions:

How would it work on a PVE server? And what would stop folks from putting bounties on everyone they come across?

NME said:
This idea sounds interesting, but I have a couple of questions:

How would it work on a PVE server? And what would stop folks from putting bounties on everyone they come across?

You need to get killed X number of times by this person, where X change depending on how many levels are between you and this guy.

ManaByte

NME said:
And what would stop folks from putting bounties on everyone they come across?

You would only be able to put a bounty on someone who actually kills you. At least that's how it works in SWG.

But to prevent someone from putting a bounty on EVERYONE who kills them, the bounty money is paid by the player. So when you get killed a window pops up and asks how many credits you want to put on the person's head, and you have to put at least 20,000 and a maximum of 1,000,000. If you put a bounty on everyone, you'll quickly run out of money.

So in WoW the same thing could be applied. Simply make the victim put up the gold reward themselves with a set range to be paid and you won't have a problem of people putting bounties on everyone.

ManaByte

Gattsu25 said:
He'll know it was from you

kinda like a backhanded bit of revenge

Also, in SWG, when a player has a bounty (death mark) on their head they aren't safe ANYWHERE. The Bounty Hunter could attack and kill them even if they aren't flagged for PVP. They could do the same in WoW by making it so someone with a Bounty pulled on them could be attacked and killed even if they aren't PVP flagged like in a home city or non-contested land.

Tamanon

Banned
From the official boards:

Murder has been changed to increase damage caused against Humanoid, Giant, Beast, and Dragonkin by 1%/2%.

Remorseless Attacks has been reduced to 2 ranks, with the new effectiveness being 20% and 40%.

Endurance has been changed to reduce the cooldown of your Sprint and Evasion abilities by 45 sec/1.5 min. It no longer increases the duration of Evasion.

Weapon Expertise will now increases your skill with Fist, Dagger, and Sword weapons. It will no longer affect Maces, and this change is being followed up by

Mace Specialization will now also add 1-5 weapon skill with Maces, in addition to the stun effect the talent already provides.

Adrenaline Rush now has a reduced cooldown of 5 min.

Elusiveness has been reduced to a 2 point talent and now reduces the cooldown of Vanish and Blind by 45 sec/1.5 min. It no longer reduces the cooldown for Evasion.

Opportunity is being moved to a tier 1 talent, swapping places with Camouflage.

Ghostly Strike has been reverted back to the previous 125% weapon damage, but retains its new Energy cost of 40.

Setup will now also provide combo points if you fully resist an attackers spell.

Improved Rupture, Improved Cheap Shot, and Improved Garrote have been removed.

New talent 'Serrated Blades' is a tier 4 talent in the Subtlety tree, causes your attacks to ignore X of your targets Armor, and increases the damage dealt by your Rupture ability. The amount of Armor reduced increases with your level. At level 60, the ranks will reduce target Armor by 100/200/300 respectively.

New talent 'Dirty Deeds' replaces the Improved Cheap Shot talent, reducing the Energy cost of both the Cheap Shot and Garrote abilities by 10/20.

Garrote, Eviscerate, and Rupture now all scale with Attack Power. The previously announced Eviscerate book will still be made available in an undisclosed location. While we had always planned to scale these abilites at a point in the future, we felt that the rank upgrade for Eviscerate and damage increase for Garotte would provide a well needed boost in the current game and carry these abilities until the scaling mechanic was implemented. Our ultimate goal to scale the abilities in a future update was decided to be moved ahead, and the current plan is to implement scaling for these abilities in 1.12, instead of in a later update.

Again, please keep in mind that any of the above changes are subject to revision, reversal, or removal. We'll be continuing to evaluate these changes, and the review as a whole. Neither the talent calculator, nor these forum posts should be considered final word on the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom