• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

The first time a Blood Elf Paladin strolls into Orgrimmar, High Overlord Saurfang is going to go into a blind rage and bury his axe into the skulls of every person that he sees. It'll be a bloodbath. :D

siege

Banned
I don't play the game any longer, but it cracks me up seeing Blizzard take the easy way out with this move. Instead of actually ****ing balancing the classes, they give each side both classes.

I was always a Horde player, but there is no way I could put up with all the elf loving funboys that will change over to play paladins. Also, why the hell would you want a Shaman in your guild now? All this is going to do is lead to more guild drama and essentially make Shamans useless.

So glad I quit playing as Blizzard apparently have lost sight of what made the game fun in the beginning. Now they just appease to the forum kids in hopes that mommy and daddy continue to pay their subscription.

siege said:
Now they just appease to the forum kids in hopes that mommy and daddy continue to pay their subscription.
Confirmed.

Every month Blizzard does something new to remind you that the old Blizzard employees are gone. This game isn't simple, easy-to-learn-hard-to-master and addictive like everything else Blizzard has made for the PC. It used to be that way from levels 1-59. :(

SyNapSe

siege said:
I don't play the game any longer, but it cracks me up seeing Blizzard take the easy way out with this move. Instead of actually ****ing balancing the classes, they give each side both classes.

That was my first thought too. It seems like a sell out move to appease the whiners. Why balance the classes when you can just give them to both sides. I think I liked the difference in the sides, but I imagine we'll get used to it quickly.

border

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
This game isn't simple, easy-to-learn-hard-to-master and addictive like everything else Blizzard has made for the PC. It used to be that way from levels 1-59. :(
How have things really changed that much for people doing the 1-59 grind?

border said:
How have things really changed that much for people doing the 1-59 grind?
I'm saying when you do the 1-59 grind, it's fun. When you hit 60, you kind of hit a dead-end and don't know what to do, but then you find things and it's fun. Then you start raiding and your life is over and the game sucks shit.

pilonv1

I was always a Horde player, but there is no way I could put up with all the elf loving funboys that will change over to play paladins. Also, why the hell would you want a Shaman in your guild now? All this is going to do is lead to more guild drama and essentially make Shamans useless.

So glad I quit playing as Blizzard apparently have lost sight of what made the game fun in the beginning. Now they just appease to the forum kids in hopes that mommy and daddy continue to pay their subscription.

QFT. The proper way to go would be to script encounters for both sides. Appealing to the lowest common denominator has just ruined it. There is zero chance of me ever returning to this game. Every month something new happens that rips the individuality and creativity out of it. Pretty soon every class will have some form of stealth and be able to heal because people will complain about anything.

fallout

SaitoH said:
Don't you mean fear ward for the horde to bitch about?
We bitch about fear ward that much? It's an honest question, and I guess I just haven't seen it that much. Still, there's warstomp and WotF for Blizzard to homogenize (get it? cows?) on our side!

After playing the **** out of the test server, I can say that this game would be so freakin awesome with some sort of permanent BG character option where you can select from premade lvl 60s and just go at it, similar to what Guild Wars does.

I've fallen in love with the paladin class, it's so freakin fun in AB. It's nice to play a class that has multiple playstyles that are actually ****ing unique.

tehjaybo

Son of Godzilla said:
After playing the **** out of the test server, I can say that this game would be so freakin awesome with some sort of permanent BG character option where you can select from premade lvl 60s and just go at it, similar to what Guild Wars does.

What? You mean 15 Shaman vs 15 Paladin is fun to you? Because that's all that would happen. People are stupid. No one cares about the group, they're all about themselves in non pre-set group pvp, like many WSG and AB groups. They'd just be "Omg survivability, lol" like they did at Blizzcon where people were given the option to do this. Horde played shamans, and I believe alliance actually used Warriors, but that was before the Pally buff, back when druids had their talents changed. Don't really remember, it was back from that Zinwrath video of Blizzcon.

What I'm saying is, no. This would not be fun.

Even though it'd kill the game, I kinda want to see it too.

ManaByte

Level 60s in full Teir 2 who sit on a level 30 corpse for an hour need to be banned from the game and shot in the head with a cyanide tipped hollow point bullet and then have their body dipped in acid and burned.

And then fed to pigs.

Doesn't have to be in that order though.

ManaByte

Ok, to add to that. Asshats who put together a SM ARM group and DISBANDS THE ****ING GROUP RIGHT WHEN HEROD IS PULLED need to be chopped up into little bits and ground into horse feed.

BlackMage

Banned
ManaByte said:
Ok, to add to that. Asshats who put together a SM ARM group and DISBANDS THE ****ING GROUP RIGHT WHEN HEROD IS PULLED need to be chopped up into little bits and ground into horse feed.

wow your server sucks

Jupiter

ManaByte said:
Level 60s in full Teir 2 who sit on a level 30 corpse for an hour need to be banned from the game and shot in the head with a cyanide tipped hollow point bullet and then have their body dipped in acid and burned.

And then fed to pigs.

Yeah, I've never been able to figure out what lvl 60s get out of chasing my lvl 30s halfway across the map just to kill me in 1-2 hits

ManaByte

There is a Horde Gold Farmer on my server who is always at the west circle farming Elemental Fire off the elementals there. So today I needed to kill those for my Whirlwind quest so I sent a tell to /LFG saying "Free HKs at the West Circle" with the Farmers name. She's been in a death loop ever since.

tehjaybo

ManaByte said:

And then fed to pigs.

You'll understand when you hit 60.

ManaByte

tehjaybo said:
You'll understand when you hit 60.

I've had a 60 for over a year.

wowscrnshot090105215702ew0.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
I hit 40 today

I got my mount today

I got my Plate today

I still have 20gold leftover

To celebrate my Mount, I formed a gank group with the one of the warlocks that was in my RFD party. We stormed Ashenvale and scored 2 kills, then checked out Stonetalon and killed one person. I felt satisfied and was willing to go to sleep when two level 60 alliance people fell on us and killed my pal. I give chase and after playing cat and dog for a while (of the two, one (a hunter) had a mount the same speed as me, the other (a warlock) had a faster mount than me) spitting on them everytime I can. After around five minutes I die and we both decide that we should check out Hillsbrad ...

I recall but my friend has to go the long way (on an airship) so while I wait I ask a few Warlocks sitting around if they want to join a little group to hunt some Alliance. So now I have a level 60 and a Level 52 in my group along with me (40 Warrior) and my friend (42 Warlock)...both of them locks. We look over Hillsbrad and only come in contact with an alliance when we reach near Southshore.

A low level hunter is in the middle of a fight and is doing pretty poorly. His pet is dead, he has just below 10% health left, and the enemy he is fighting has less than 5% health remaining. Naturally, I charge the hunter and kill him then kill his enemy, target his corpse and spit on it then begin to Cannibalize it and laugh. The 60 then starts attacking one of the guards and we all join in. Trouble starts, 5 minutes later a Alliance level 60 Rogue drops in and we retreat back to Tarren Mill. I ask my guild for help with no results and then look around the zone and am able to recruit a few level 60s into my party and then turn it into a raid group and promote everyone. The group quickly grows and after 20 minutes is 20-man strong, most of them over level 50. The alliance form a raid as well and begin to launch coordinated attacks on us, driving us back into Tarren Mill and killing some of out guards. Within an hour, I'm leading a 30 man raid and having a blast fighting around 20 alliance and then near 30 of them. This goes on for a half hour and then dies down (already after 2am) until it's just a 12horde vs ~7alliance battle.

In short, I had a ****ing blast..and in the end, earned more honour from that skirmish than I ever hoped to earn tonight

oh, and my mount kicks ass, even if it looks absolutely retarded

about the Test Realm: Have a 60 alliance rogue (Tarutaru) and a 60 dwarf priest (Loz) on the PVE server...tomorrow night I'll probably play a match in AV, if any of you guys wanna group up. AB and AV are great damn fun...AV especially so

Neceri, 40 Undead Warrior
<Armored Squirrel Squad>
Mal'Ganis

xD

ManaByte

Gattsu25 said:
I hit 40 today

I got my mount today

I got my Plate today

I still have 20gold leftover

My Warrior hit 38 today. If I play hardcore tomorrow I could probably do 40, but I don't have close to enough money for my mount yet. Gold farmers on the server make it hard to farm the stuff you'd normally farm on Alliance side for mount money.

Gattsu25

Banned
I farmed Iron Ores and Coarse Stones in northern 1K Needles and the harpie area in stonetalon...Irons sold for ~2g/stack and stones for around ~3.5g/stack

I also bought a bunch of snakes and roaches (50silver each) and sold them at the BootyBay Auction House for around 3g each. Also sold a Deviate cooking recipe for ~20gold at the BB AH

took about a week

90 gold in total for the mount

ManaByte said:
My Warrior hit 38 today. If I play hardcore tomorrow I could probably do 40, but I don't have close to enough money for my mount yet. Gold farmers on the server make it hard to farm the stuff you'd normally farm on Alliance side for mount money.
I didn't know the Deadmines or Scarlet Monastery could be full.

Any suggestions for farming gold at 60?

I'm the only one in my guild without an Epic Mount, it feels like, and at the rate I'm going through repairs from raiding I am never ever going to get the gold unless I get a good farming strategy.

Tamanon

Banned
Woo, Rags down finally!

One-shotted him and Domo both, felt damn good. Plus thanks to the server resets, we were able to do Ony yesterday AND today.:)

Was also nice that the dpsers, at least 10 of us had a bet of 10g on who would do the most dps. My lowly frost mage decided to get in on the action even if a couple mages were making Flasks of Supreme Power and the like. Ended up winning the pot with 79k damage. I guess it helped that I stood where I would never get popped into the lava:p Now to start camping the Netherwind Crown so I can pop my ZG enchant on it!

tehjaybo

ManaByte said:
I've had a 60 for over a year.

Get a better 60.
EDIT: I'm not insulting your gear or how you play.. but if it isn't fun to gank, then you need to roll another character to 60. I have a blast ganking, and I don't even have a ganking class. If you didn't want world pvp, you should have rolled a Normal server, not a pvp one.

Gattsu25 said:
Neceri, 40 Undead Warrior
<Armored Squirrel Squad>
Mal'Ganis

xD

You're horde on Mal'Ganis? I'm sorry. An alliance guild from my server just transferred there. Don't pvp when you hit 60. They're full Tier 2 / AQ40 / Half Naxx gear.

Run.

Was called Unforgiven, I think it's called Pro Baddies now.

ManaByte

tehjaybo said:
Get a better 60.
EDIT: I'm not insulting your gear or how you play.. but if it isn't fun to gank, then you need to roll another character to 60. I have a blast ganking, and I don't even have a ganking class. If you didn't want world pvp, you should have rolled a Normal server, not a pvp one.

Ah, so you're a ganker.

Are you in grandschool still? Do you get beat up all the time at school? Is that why you like to log into a MMO and attack someone with no hope of attacking back?

Tamanon

Banned
tehjaybo said:
Get a better 60.

You're horde on Mal'Ganis? I'm sorry. An alliance guild from my server just transferred there. Don't pvp when you hit 60. They're full Tier 2 / AQ40 / Half Naxx gear.

Run.

Just so you know, world pvp isn't ganking. Don't be a douche.

fallout

The only time ganking is fun is when you're doing it to get the attention of 60s. It's about the only way these days that you can start a good battle.

Gattsu25

Banned
tehjaybo said:

Run.

Mal'Ganis is one of the only servers where Alliance are outnumbered

tehjaybo

[sigh]

No. I'm not in grade school. No. I didn't get beat up. No. I log into WoW to raid.

No. I don't always run around killing people that are lower levels than me, yelling "OMFG I JUST OWNED THAT LEVEL 20 AT HALF HEALTH, LOLZ"

But some days, I just feel like killing some level 39 that's grinding to 40. It's a game, oh noez.

Tamanon said:
Just so you know, world pvp isn't ganking. Don't be a douche.

Trust me, dear sir and/or madam, I have no intentions of being a douche. But if you honestly see someone out grinding, wait for them to finish killing their mob, rest up to full health and mana, then start attacking them.... quite frankly, I'd be amazed.

ManaByte

tehjaybo said:
[sigh]

No. I'm not in grade school. No. I didn't get beat up. No. I log into WoW to raid.

No. I don't always run around killing people that are lower levels than me, yelling "OMFG I JUST OWNED THAT LEVEL 20 AT HALF HEALTH, LOLZ"

But some days, I just feel like killing some level 39 that's grinding to 40. It's a game, oh noez.

Trust me, dear sir and/or madam, I have no intentions of being a douche. But if you honestly see someone out grinding, wait for them to finish killing their mob, rest up to full health and mana, then start attacking them.... quite frankly, I'd be amazed.

No, you just admitted that you were a douche by saying you gank people who have no chance of fighting back against you. People like you should be banned from all MMORPGs, period because you're what's wrong with PVP.

border

tehjaybo said:
but if it isn't fun to gank, then you need to roll another character to 60. I have a blast ganking, and I don't even have a ganking class.
But some days, I just feel like killing some level 39 that's grinding to 40.
At least admit that it's not a "class problem" if you don't like ganking. Some people get off on inconveniencing those that don't have a chance against them even in a fair fight. Some people don't care for it. If you don't like to gank then it's probably not because you're a Warlock instead of a Rogue....it's just an aspect of the game that isn't for you.

I gotta imagine that the Warlock is a pretty fun ganking class anyhow. You get to watch victims flip out and run around for a long time....whereas the heavy-hitters just insta-kill through stunlock or high spell crit.

tehjaybo

Well... in all honesty, neither of us is wrong in the situation. I yell at people for ganking people at times. It just depends on my mood. I'm an asshole, I know. But that's what alot of pvp servers do for fun. They gank. If you're not into that, cool. You BG. Players your own level, all that fun stuff. But you can't really say that I ruin pvp. It's not like I go out of my way to, oh, say raid Tarren Mill and kill every lowbie in there. You're making me out to be some masked murderer intent on scaring little kids out of the game. It's not like I corpse camp them till they log out.

Ramirez

People who cry about ganking make no sense,the option for open war and flagging yourself are there,don't cry when you get what the server allows people to do.

And as someone said,killing lowbies usually draws out the 60s to come help,which is really the only way to provoke world pvp anymore.

tehjaybo said:
Glad I'm not getting tag teamed alone anymore. :lol

But you're a "grandschooler". You just wait till your father gets home and then you'll be in real trouble, young man. :lol :lol :lol

World PvP (in Shadowbane) is where I honed my craft; defense is half of PvP. Getting creative to even the odds, how to deal with odd class match-ups (dispell them, then me, then mana burn! Bye bye, "invincible" Shadow Priest!), etc. Of course, if all you do when you get attacked is imagine oh the many ways that the ganker is a 13 year old puppy-kicker, yeah, I could see the bitterness reach mythic proportions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom