• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

So uh,I played WSG yesterday and it wouldn't let me summon my pet,said I didn't have one,yet when I was out in Org he was there >.>

firex

Teknopathetic said:
Yeah pets are busted. And that 8% speed increase + speed enchant/defiler's boots + camouflage = stealthing at 100% speed
Except it specifically says it won't work with any other speed increasing effects. That's why it sounds like a useless talent to me.

"Except it specifically says it won't work with any other speed increasing effects. That's why it sounds like a useless talent to me."

Then that's pretty useless then.

Mazre

Serious wtf at the warrior talents. Rogue talents seem much less powerful, in terms of magnitue of bonuses and actual utility, by comparison.

It's also odd that windwalk doesn't list a cooldown.

Not gonna panic or anything yet, still alpha but some of these seem potentially imbalancing.

Err, Tam the 2nd pic is probably not fake. First one definently is though. The two contradict each other, as you get rank 1 Devastate and Rampage from the ends of Prot and Fury.

Might as well copy/paste the info here.

Tier 7:
Improved Defensive Stance
Rank 0/3
Requires 30 points in Protection
Reduces all spell damage taken while in Defensive Stance by 2%

Focused Rage
Rank 0/3
Requires 30 points in Protection
Reduces the rage cost of all your offensive abilities by 1.

Tier 8:
Vitality
Rank 0/5
Requires 35 points in Protection
Increases your Stamina by 2%

Tier 9:
Devastate
Rank 0/1
Requires 40 points in Protection
15 rage 5 yard range
Instant
Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon

An instant weapon attack that causes 50% of weapon damage plus and additional threat for each application of Sunder Armor on the target. In addition, this attack will renew the duration of tthe Sunder Armor effect.

Fury

Tier 7:
Precision
Rank 0/3
Requires 30 Points in Fury Talents
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons by 1%

Improved Whirlwind
Rank 0/2
Requires 30 Points in Fury Talents
Reduces the rage cost of your whirlwind ability by 2.

Tier 8:
Improved Pummel
Rank 0/2
Requires 35 Points in Fury Talents
Increases the duration of your Pummel ability by 1 sec and gives it a 25% chance to daze the target.

Tier 9:
Rampage
Rank 0/1
Requires 1 point in Bloodthirst
Requires 40 Points in Fury Talents

15 Rage
Instant 3 min cooldown
Warrior goes on a rampage, causing most successful melee attacks to increase the warriors attack power by 12. This effect will stack up to 10 times. Lasts 30 sec.

Arms:

Tier 7:
Second Wind
Rank 0/3
Requires 30 points in Arms Talents
Whenever you are struck by Daze, Stun, or Immobilize effect you will generate 10 rage over 10 sec

Tier 8:
Blood Frenzy
Rank 0/5
Requires 35 points in Arms Talents
Your Rend and Deep Wounds abilities also increase all melee damage taken by that target by 1%

Tier 9:
Endless Rage
Rank 0/1
Requires 40 points in Arms Talents
30 Rage
Instant 5 min
Reduces the rage cost of all abilities by 100% for 10 sec.

The lower tiers also got reworked, but honestly its too confusing trying to see what's been done in text, especially second/third hand.

Tamanon

Banned
The Endless Rage talent just looks bizarre in the form you're showing.....Looks like it could mean as many executes as you want for 10 secs.... I know this is all alpha and nothing confirmed though. Fun to speculate:)

Execute only "costs" 15 rage. It'd just use that 15 as the extra rage for more damage. You could spam execute of course though. What'd really be insane though is whirlwind spam with a huge weapon or HS with an incredibly fast one.

But yea, the trees aren't even finished yet. I'm actually really looking forward to BC. The prospect of dumping 61 points into Beast Mastery is just awesome.

Side effect of battlegroups: "roll teams" from other servers decked out in Grand Marshall weapons and AQ armor losing to a our pug 3 - 2 and looking bad while doing it. GIMME DAT HONOR BAYBEE. :lol

yacobod

Banned
im in battle group 8

i dont really pvp that much anymore, maybe once or twice a week tops, not much incentive for me to do it anymore, just do it once in a while casually for fun

but i participated in the xserver bgs a little yesterday, we had a guild basin team running, and in like 5 or 6 games, we won every game 4-1 or 5-0

so it was pretty funny, thought we would have some better competition with xserver, but its the same old shit, rolling crappy teams and pugs, yawn

so if your alliance in battle grp 8, watch out for <echelon>, cuz you're prolly gonna get rolled lol

Tamanon

Banned
Well, as far as alliance PvP goes, it'll take a little time, but I firmly expect them to catch up to the horde in effectiveness. What turned a ton of people off to PvP was having to wait an hour or 2 to play and then get rolled. Now at least we don't wait long at all to get rolled, meaning more games, more wanting to actually learn to PvP.:)

firex

I wonder about those lock talents btw. They sound decent, but I'd honestly go destruction or affliction (probably destruction) before I'd go demonology, even if the new demon ultimate is a new pet. I'm really wanting to see the changes to pally/shaman as I'm probably going to be playing those 2 classes primarily.

SyNapSe

Kintaro said:
So, this game still fun to get into and level up at this stage in the game's life?

Absolutely, in fact it's still far and away the best part of the game. All of the classes have had a talent review that cleaned up a lot of the total crap talents, and balanced the tree's somewhat. Some are better for PvE, some for PvP.. etc.

firex

yeah, in fact since I'm burned out on raiding and a lot of the stupid guild drama going on lately, I've been playing alts instead. Leveling up, even when it's content you've done 3-4 times before, is more fun/rewarding than relying on 39 other people, half of whom are jackasses that whine for every single buff in the game and start bitching if their hp drops below 90%.

Boomer

yacobod said:
im in battle group 8

i dont really pvp that much anymore, maybe once or twice a week tops, not much incentive for me to do it anymore, just do it once in a while casually for fun

but i participated in the xserver bgs a little yesterday, we had a guild basin team running, and in like 5 or 6 games, we won every game 4-1 or 5-0

so it was pretty funny, thought we would have some better competition with xserver, but its the same old shit, rolling crappy teams and pugs, yawn

so if your alliance in battle grp 8, watch out for <echelon>, cuz you're prolly gonna get rolled lol

Server? I'm on Greymane..we haven't lost a game yet.

Edit: bring it bitch...<Phoenix>

I'm looking for a UI mod. One of those fancy ones that you can move all the buttons around the screen with :) I am currently running the usual... Decursive, Bagnon, CTraid and Fubar... I WANT MORE

Discord is really flexible. I use Nurfed UI, although, I'm contemplating going back to Discord as I don't like how Nurfed doesn't let you scale your buttons larger than normal. (I like my stealth button to look like a giant panic button.)

SaitoH

Discord rocks. Takes a bit of messing around to get the hang of it, but it's a powerful tool.

My current UI:

discordva2.jpg

New and improved thanks to DART:

discord2ka8.jpg

SaitoH said:
Discord rocks. Takes a bit of messing around to get the hang of it, but it's a powerful tool.

My current UI:

discordva2.jpg

New and improved thanks to DART:

discord2ka8.jpg

DART is another UI mod?

I can't find any version of Discord that has been updated since last weeks patch... does it still work?

Boomer

We do both but mostly WSG..we finally got beat by some guild from Ursin in Naxx gear :(

Haven't seen a lot of people from Twisting Nether. Just in case whats your name so I can target you?

yacobod

Banned
Kavos - male orc warrior in r13 gear + Hand of Rag

moving Tactical Mastery into the prot tree is lame, hopefully they put it back into the arms tree, huge warrior nerf :(

damn I'm getting urges to play wow again. But I know what'll happen. I won't be able to get a damn raiding guild due to being a fury warrior in blue armour and I'll quit after a month or so. Although I know theres that new armour set.

I've been away for awhile so maybe I missed this change, but it looks like Dark Pact got a buff.

Rank 1 305 mana
Rank 2 440
Rank 3 545
Rank 4 700 (!!!)

explodet

Yeah, the new BC warlock additions look sick. Healthstone ritual, seed of corruption and the 41pt talents... I was incredibly amused.

I'm spell stealing Fel Armor first chance I get, though.

MMaRsu

Maybe a stupid question..I don't know..

but where can I get the most recent version of CTmod?

Or are there better mods out there?

firex

I really can't decide between 41 affliction/20 destruction or 44 destruction/17 demon for my warlock in the expansion. It looks like you can do some sick sustained dps with affliction in the expansion, but destruction has some really fun passives that sound awesome, plus shadowfury if I ever feel like pvping (which I'd probably just do for the pvp reward mounts).

I'm continuing up the destruction tree, personally. You're practically near immune to other warlocks and shadow priests :p.

Shadowfury, Incinerate (a MUCH needed fire DD spell), and shadow and flame are going to be really, really nasty.

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
I'm continuing up the destruction tree, personally. You're practically near immune to other warlocks and shadow priests :p.

And even better against fire mages:p

Gonna level my 'lock to 60 finally, she's stuck at 51 for right now.

firex

I agree that incinerate is much needed, it sucked asking for a fire DD spell besides immolate in beta and getting searing pain. I may just go with a heavy destruction build overall, but it depends upon the endgame pve content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom