• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Hmm I'm kinda looking for this feel :

discord2ka8.jpg

Need to do much sophisticated things?

I can't get Discord to work :( At all. It's just a jumble of hell to me, with phrases I can't understand.

Is there like some easy mode :( I'm using Bongos at the moment which is fairly easy but I crave something better.

SaitoH

MMaRsu said:
Hmm I'm kinda looking for this feel :
Need to do much sophisticated things?

Well, as I mentioned earlier, it's custom. I put it together myself. You'll need DART, DAB, DUF, DFM, Zuxxana model citizen and Move anything. Most importantly a lot of time to mess around to get the hang of all the discord stuff. IT's a great tool, but take a bit to get the hang of.

Ps. Damn Ferrio, that's a lot of +hit.

Damn, Ferrio, I do believe you're no longer seeing any benefit from +hit :p

Also, in a bit of self-masturbatory news: After many, many, many (many) losses, I finally got Exalted with Alterac Valley. For an idea of how many times I lost, It's easier to count how many times I won, which is roughly around 7~ games. You do the math.

Exalted.jpg

Edit: Since I didn't see anyone else mention it, it would appear that Shadowburn's debuff now lasts 30 seconds. No longer will you get ****ed out of a shard because of a quick pot/tuber/heal.

yacobod

Banned
Ferrio why dont you MH a sword, seems kinda dumb to mh dragonfang blade when you have TF lol

wouldnt CTS, AQR, something from naxx make more sence

-----------
and why would u move TF to offhand, until maybe u get some higher dps weapons from naxx, just seems like a waste of a legendary, and nerfing your dmg on top of that

explodet

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief when they hit Exalted with Alterac Valley. I'm working on my second character, now 18K/21K revered. Pretty much only need Don Julio's and the epic mount though, I've got enough 2-handed weapons to not have to take TUF. I may grab the Lobotomizer later, as shamans are getting dual wield and I am ALL over that.

These days if you get a groove going with some fast games, AV is a great way to get honor if you can't be bothered to join up with a premade group doing Warsong or Arathi. Lots of bonus honor even if you lose. But this only works if your AV raid isn't completely retarded.

yacobod

Banned
if you have the time to hit r11, get the 90g epic mount

black war wolf >>>>> frostwolf

i have the black war wolf + black war kodo

orcs on the war kodo is ftw

I was going to go for rank 11 in the 50s with my main, but (since this was pre 1.12) the 50s slowed down so bad I just couldn't get enough honor to even maintain 10. Right now I'm contemplating whether I want to try rank 11 with my current char in the 50s or just get exalted with AB and take the Ironbark staff + Epaulets, find a decent headpiece, and have my guildie who's already done the Warlock Epic mount quest and still has the mats to help me.

xabre

Banned
explodet said:
These days if you get a groove going with some fast games, AV is a great way to get honor if you can't be bothered to join up with a premade group doing Warsong or Arathi. Lots of bonus honor even if you lose. But this only works if your AV raid isn't completely retarded.

AV is by far the best way of earning honour these days. Because Blizzard has completely massacred the original concept of a 40 v 40 epic battle and turned it into a pathetic foot race, you're guaranteed a good 2-3k honour within 20 mins 95% of the time even if you lose.

Ferrio

Banned
yacobod said:
Ferrio why dont you MH a sword, seems kinda dumb to mh dragonfang blade when you have TF lol

wouldnt CTS, AQR, something from naxx make more sence

-----------
and why would u move TF to offhand, until maybe u get some higher dps weapons from naxx, just seems like a waste of a legendary, and nerfing your dmg on top of that

Combat daggers does insane pve damage, but nerfs my PvP ability pretty badly. And no, I'm not nerfing my damage. Also I'd mainhand a TF over the CTS/AQR.

Also I have a button macroed to switch my TF to mainhand, when it's needed. This is usually for farming, small # instances, or times when I'm fighting someone and I can't get behind them. The only thing I'm missing then is sword spec (which... does make a difference I've noticed).

And no... I still haven't hit the magical +24 to hit. Once I do my dual wield penelty will be completely negated.

Mazre

Yeah, the only real problem I see for you gear wise Ferrio is the low atk power, I'd say you might want to drop a few percentage points on +hit and aim for about 1k atk power. Definitely get your enchants if you haven't =P.

I wish Boots of the Shadowflame would drop again, we had like 4 pairs drop in our first 10 Nef kills and it's been months since they've dropped.

Ferrio

Banned
Mazre said:
Yeah, the only real problem I see for you gear wise Ferrio is the low atk power, I'd say you might want to drop a few percentage points on +hit and aim for about 1k atk power. Definitely get your enchants if you haven't =P.

I wish Boots of the Shadowflame would drop again, we had like 4 pairs drop in our first 10 Nef kills and it's been months since they've dropped.

I think my attack power is fine. ~850 unbuffed works good for me, and I'm going straight back to my TF mainhand come Burning Crusade... so the +hit will work better for me than the atk power. I was at 900 atk power, but I dropped upgrading gear.... go fig. In that pic I'm using my DM trinket which usually is taken up by Hand of Justice, which is another +20 atk power.

Hero

Jesus, Ferrio, that's some insane +Hit.

How do you fair against combat dagger rogues? I went combat daggers with 1.12 and can perform with fully epicced out rogues (combat swords/SF/hemo), and only usually get beat by the other combat dagger rogue who is half tier II.

Also, what's the proc rate for your TF in the offhand?

Ferrio

Banned
Hero said:
Jesus, Ferrio, that's some insane +Hit.

How do you fair against combat dagger rogues? I went combat daggers with 1.12 and can perform with fully epicced out rogues (combat swords/SF/hemo), and only usually get beat by the other combat dagger rogue who is half tier II.

Also, what's the proc rate for your TF in the offhand?

All the combat rogues in my guild are constantly battling for top position. We're so close in dps that it just really matters who's getting lucky the most on a particular fight.

As for proc rate in offhand it's supposably the same as mainhand. It just hits less so it gets less chances to proc.

BlackMage

Banned
Ferrio said:
All the combat rogues in my guild are constantly battling for top position. We're so close in dps that it just really matters who's getting lucky the most on a particular fight.

As for proc rate in offhand it's supposably the same as mainhand. It just hits less so it gets less chances to proc.

i still can't believe your guild let you have the TF. Such a waste...

Ferrio

Banned
BlackMage said:

Why cause I'm one of the longest running members in the guild? Or should we given it to the MT.... oh wait we did.. and he left the guild (on good terms).

Really, the sword isn't just mr amazing tank sword. It's a really good tank sword and it's the best dps sword. It basically comes down to who in the guild you think deserves it.

firex

BlackMage said:
not this bullshit debate again. whoever gets all the mats for any legendary deserves to get it, end of story.

Hero

Thunderfury being offhandable makes it a valid rogue weapon now, IMO.

Of course, who cares, because when BC comes out there's going to be even crazier stuff.

Anyone willing to take bets what the actual release date will be?

firex

Hero said:
Thunderfury being offhandable makes it a valid rogue weapon now, IMO.

Of course, who cares, because when BC comes out there's going to be even crazier stuff.

Anyone willing to take bets what the actual release date will be?
I'm going to guess march/april next year, but who knows, they may rush it out for december this year. And yeah, I imagine the expansion will continue mudflation to the point that current legendaries won't be as good as new epics. Hell, it's practically that way already, with TF being the only real exception.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
I'm going to guess march/april next year, but who knows, they may rush it out for december this year. And yeah, I imagine the expansion will continue mudflation to the point that current legendaries won't be as good as new epics. Hell, it's practically that way already, with TF being the only real exception.

I can't think of a single epic that comes anywhere CLOSE to that Naxx legendary staff:p

firex

well, Atiesh probably won't be made until after BC, so... there!

ok, so I forgot one, and I was just thinking of how Sulfuras blows so hard (but we finally got it for our enhancement shaman).

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
Thunderfury being offhandable makes it a valid rogue weapon now

TF is still arguably the best MH sword for them lol

but it is w/out question the best sword they can off hand

mainhanding a dagger with TF is just retarded tho

Ferrio

Banned
yacobod said:
TF is still arguably the best MH sword for them lol

but it is w/out question the best sword they can off hand

mainhanding a dagger with TF is just retarded tho

You seem to be having a good ole laugh over this whole thing lately. Obviously you're the master of the rogue class and know all the ins and outs. So please teach me master, what's so funny?

Tamanon

Banned
Ferrio said:
You seem to be having a good ole laugh over this whole thing lately. Obviously you're the master of the rogue class and know all the ins and outs. So please teach me master, what's so funny?

I'll answer for him, since I suspect you won't get one.

Rogue lol TF lol dagger lol

"if you dont know, then sigh"

Sounds like a wuss copout answer.

"Can anyone tell me which mod is being used for the player/enemy unit frames in this pic?"

Discord, I'd bet.

SaitoH

Rahul said:

SO ANYWAY

Can anyone tell me which mod is being used for the player/enemy unit frames in this pic?

It's Discord Unit Frames. Their site has a bunch of player made downloadable configs. I used the one called rygar and altered it a bunch.

Also, I used Zuaxana model citizen for the 3d player/target models.

Mute

Banned
yacobod said:
if you dont know, then sigh
:lol You're a damned idiot.

On that note, I've quit the game. If anyone wants to buy a HWL Orc Shaman PM me. Oh, and I have a friend selling a UD rouge as well. Our guild is currently one of the top 5 on Horde, with Huhu at 8%..should be down today. I've also got a couple pieces of EF/TS, so yeah.
[Edit] Forgot to mention my account also has a 60 Pally in blues that I haven't touched in ages. If for some reason you'd rather play a healadin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom