• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
basically easiest way to get to exalted in AV is just win baby win

and don't turn your tokens in 3 at a time

wait to get 3 AV, 3 AB, and 3 wsg tokens and turn them in for Greater Honor

more honor and more rep this way :D

with how fast qs are since xserver bgs started, and the new AV, the race to the finish, i imagine gettin exalted in AV only takes a week or less now

Tamanon

Banned
SaitoH said:
Ok, well that makes sense then. Although it also means I could stealth, hide and let the honor roll in too, huh.

I'm actually doing it for the AV rewards. Any good tricks for farming stormpike rep?

Just win, make sure your team is actually doing offense, because you get a ton more rep if you holde the other side's positions. Much more than if you're rocked back on your heels and defending.

I made halfway through Honored in about 8 games:)

Ripclawe

Banned
Gilneas is down for hardware upgrades for 36 hours and I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

:(

I was on a roll too getting my mage and rogue up to lvl 60

SaitoH

animation88us6.gif

well I resubbed tonight. Gotta change my valor armour into the new stuff. I'd forgot how awful my equipment is... I suck. Spent like 2 hours fiddling with discord action bars, screen still looks a bit clogged up though. They've changed AV loads since march, I have 8 human bone fragments wtf am I gonna do with them? :lol

Tamanon

Banned
I'm pretty sure there's a quest to turn those in back at your base.

Well, our ZG Thursday group had their first AQ20 run tonight.:) Kurinaxx went down easily, no problems there. Rajaxx we actually were doing great on, only lost one person and they were dps. Finished off wave 7, watched Rajaxx run towards us and halfway there, the entire room respawned, so all 8 waves hit us at once and we wiped:)

Much cursing and bitching ensued, but we gathered up, tried it again and downed Rajaxx. No buggs, good times. Both our priests got Greater Heal books off him, so that was very useful for our MC runs. Then we moved on to Buru. Jumped down, somebody AE'd the Flesh Hunter and hit the egg. Thus we wiped when the Buru encounter started. First real try we got him to his top popping but only had 14 people up at that time so we lost. Next and final try, popped his top when he had 15% health left so we were able to burn him down. Very satisfying kill and a fun as hell fight:)

So our first foray into AQ20 and we downed the first 3 bosses, got Fireball, 2 Backstabs and 2 Greater Heals, all very useful spells for us!

Tamanon said:
I'm pretty sure there's a quest to turn those in back at your base.

Well, our ZG Thursday group had their first AQ20 run tonight.:) Kurinaxx went down easily, no problems there. Rajaxx we actually were doing great on, only lost one person and they were dps. Finished off wave 7, watched Rajaxx run towards us and halfway there, the entire room respawned, so all 8 waves hit us at once and we wiped:)

Much cursing and bitching ensued, but we gathered up, tried it again and downed Rajaxx. No buggs, good times. Both our priests got Greater Heal books off him, so that was very useful for our MC runs. Then we moved on to Buru. Jumped down, somebody AE'd the Flesh Hunter and hit the egg. Thus we wiped when the Buru encounter started. First real try we got him to his top popping but only had 14 people up at that time so we lost. Next and final try, popped his top when he had 15% health left so we were able to burn him down. Very satisfying kill and a fun as hell fight:)

So our first foray into AQ20 and we downed the first 3 bosses, got Fireball, 2 Backstabs and 2 Greater Heals, all very useful spells for us!

The only good thing about that russian roulette of a fight is, if you get bugged later, its a ton of rep per. (I didn't get my Book of Renew again tonight. >_<)

Zalasta

Nothing big, we downed Rag last night after 2 wipes at 1% both times, Eye of Sulfuras dropped and my best friend got his Hand made an hour later. A major milestone for us since we first stepped in MC a little over 3 months ago.

EDIT: I wish assaulting/defending flag/graveyard/tower would actually mean something in BG, i.e. more honor, than simply just some tag next to your name on the scoreboard. At least that would encourage more people to do stuff rather than just sitting there and stealing kill shots.

NME

with how fast qs are since xserver bgs started, and the new AV, the race to the finish, i imagine gettin exalted in AV only takes a week or less now

Well, I only play 2-4 rounds of AV per night, but I'm not even halfway through honored yet (~5000/12000).

Just started AV on Sunday, for what it's worth.

NME

yacobod said:
at 5000/12000 you are almost revered

then u have 21000 to go til exalted

almost there

Well, relatively speaking.

I've been honored for about 3 days now, though. I'm not upset with my progress, but it's not that fast by any means.

firex

Tamanon said:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000000000000000000000000535000310030010000000

Probably going to be my mage's spec for BC. Should be pretty damn efficient and damaging for raiding while still having the control and burst capability for PvP
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...150520001200200000000000000000000000000000000
This is what I'd go for if I were a mage, but that's because I suspect Slow will work on raid bosses (not the snare, but the slower attack speed) and I just like the expanded arcane tree more than the fire or frost trees. I think Mind Mastery is underrated... get 500 int and that's an extra 125 damage, and all the expansion gear should have even better stats than tier 3 does. But heavy frost looks like a good spec, though I've got a feeling the water elemental is basically going to be a mediocre talent.

edit: here's what I'll actually be going for though, my warlock build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=IV0bZfxZVx0tr0tAst

well 2 days back into playing again. Been in scholo wiped doing stupid mass ghosts quests down at rattlegore. Did a baron run, got a Skullforge Reaver, looks so awesome 1h sword that sits on your back and it purple glows. Now to get 2 of them :p Got a band of flesh as well. I was looking at my equipment in general earlier and I really need a new chest item, everything else I have is from ubrs/lbrs/dm/scholo/strath etc but my chest is from the sunken citadel o dear.

the tier 0.5 armour set quest line is expensive :/ O well up to doing the 45mins baron run part. Need to get valor boots, chest and helmet though

Ripclawe

Banned
Using a Mage in AV now is like letting a magnet hover over a pile of nails. I have never seen so many rep points flowing to me like this. Just spam blizzard :D

border

MrPing1000 said:
the tier 0.5 armour set quest line is expensive :/ O well up to doing the 45mins baron run part. Need to get valor boots, chest and helmet though
I hope you like UBRS and Scholo a whole lot. It was so much easier getting the Valor set when they had higher player-caps.....I don't think I'd have to will to do it now (especially with BC only a few months away).

Or just roll a rogue and stealth near the big battles.
Don't you have to be on an enemy's threat list to get rep? Just stealthing wouldn't do it.

"# Reputation: You can only gain reputation if you are in the vicinity of an opposing player who dies and only if you have performed some action that puts you on their "hate list". This means you attacked the player and did damage, healed someone, cast a buff, or some other action that would mean you participated in the battle."

And quoting that is nice and all, but I tested this myself. So either they need to work something out or they are lying. :)

ManaByte

So they took down my server for 36 hours for "upgrades" and when it came back:

AH doesn't work
Mail doesn't work
Battlemasters don't work (no battlegrounds for anyone)
Friends and ignore lists were wiped

I've come to the conclusion that I gotta transfer my character to another server. My server is 95% swedish players, all the raiding guilds require u to speak swedish. Shattered hand is the unofficial swedish pvp server, I wish I'd known that at launch. + hardly anyone does scholo,strath,brs or brd these days, it's really bad.

Now to figure out where to go, not sure how I go about doing that, need to find somewhere where people are still active in the blue dungeons but how the hell do I do that? hmm

Ripclawe

Banned
ManaByte said:
So they took down my server for 36 hours for "upgrades" and when it came back:

AH doesn't work
Mail doesn't work
Battlemasters don't work (no battlegrounds for anyone)
Friends and ignore lists were wiped

BGs on Gilneas are down as well which is irritating.

I'm assuming your mage is in the 50s ripclawe? What's your name?

Fearmeorelse. Amazing thing, you can tell by the name it was just a throwaway character for kicks, then the changes came for mages and its now lvl 59 :D

SaitoH

Just finished a 3 hour and 14 minute full clear BWL run. We can complete BWL faster than MC now. lol

Best of all I got my Transcendance shoulders:

woony8.jpg

Mission Complete.

MrPing1000 said:
I've come to the conclusion that I gotta transfer my character to another server. My server is 95% swedish players, all the raiding guilds require u to speak swedish. Shattered hand is the unofficial swedish pvp server, I wish I'd known that at launch. + hardly anyone does scholo,strath,brs or brd these days, it's really bad.

Now to figure out where to go, not sure how I go about doing that, need to find somewhere where people are still active in the blue dungeons but how the hell do I do that? hmm

Wow. After the Bloodscalp and Korgath Xfers, it changed alot I see. O_O

And ouch about the BGs.

ManaByte

How's this for awesome. My character is stuck in a bugged WSG instance and they don't know how to get it out.

The "leave battleground" button doesn't work, and the character can't move at all.

Edit: What apparently happened is the Battlegroup went down during my WSG match, so everyone who is in that instance has stuck characters

SatelliteOfLove said:
Wow. After the Bloodscalp and Korgath Xfers, it changed alot I see. O_O

And ouch about the BGs.
huh?

Well anyway, I'm pretty much definately moving now. 99% Swe is ruining the game for me I can't get a guild at all. Now to just figure out where to go.

"Wow. After the Bloodscalp and Korgath Xfers"

don't quite understand this, were they the 2 realms people tranferred to shattered hand or away from?

ManaByte

Ripclawe said:
realms are down for maintenance because of the past two weeks of upgrades for the next 90 mins. yah

They appear to be "up", but trying to login with any character boots you back to character select.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This will sound pretty noob, but anyone have any sites that had info on good places to level up/quests/etc? I'm lvl 16 atm, in the Barrens. Tauren Shammy. I just would like to see what kind of options are out there in terms of leveling up.

MrPing1000 said:
"Wow. After the Bloodscalp and Korgath Xfers"

don't quite understand this, were they the 2 realms people tranferred to shattered hand or away from?

Shattered Hand-US. Heh. Anyways, back in March 05, there was one to Bloodscalp that I took, then another recently to Korgath a ton of raiding guilds took. I think there was another, but few took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom