• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drensch

Dammit. I've pretty much reached the breaking point on this game. I would have liked to have used that cash for a ds game or something.

This will sound pretty noob, but anyone have any sites that had info on good places to level up/quests/etc? I'm lvl 16 atm, in the Barrens. Tauren Shammy. I just would like to see what kind of options are out there in terms of leveling up.
If I were a 16 tauren I'd hit the barrens and silverpine.

Ferrio

Banned
Hahaha @ The Unstoppable Force. Move over Sulfuras!

tuf.jpg

border

So what happens to people that have already bought rep rewards like Don Julio's Band and TUF? Will the items be automatically upgraded (probably not)? Will there be a new level of reputation beyond exalted to grind? Or can we just pick up the new rewards when we hit 70?

Hero

I would HOPE it would be retroactive but since all those items are above level 60 I think we'll have to repurchase them.

firex

don't you buy items, including rep rewards, with honor points in the expansion anyway? so you just pvp enough to get the points to buy the new TUF and so on.

Tamanon

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Critical and to hit ratings huh?

You think 42 means 4.2%? Sounds too high...

No, the ratings will scale based on level. So a 42 rating would be more effective against a level 60 mob compared to a level 70 mob. It's to help equalize current equipment and crit ratings otherwise the expansion would have to have stuff with +5% to crit and such in it:p

Ferrio

Banned
It's blizzard's way of making sure you'll continue to grind gear for the rest of your WoW career. Otherwise we'd be hitting caps on everything.

damn I gotta get off Shattered Hand EU, nearly an hour to make a UBRs group ugh. Last 20mins on a priest ha. I've narrowed my server choices down to 6 so far, although I've never picked the one I'm gonna go to.

NME

Shadow Word: Death - Rank 1
Requires Level 62
437 Mana30 yd range
Instant cast6 sec cooldown
A word of dark binding that inflicts 450 to 522 Shadow damage to the target. If the target is not killed by Shadow Word: Death, the caster takes damage equal to the damage inflicted upon the target.

Swell.

Prayer of Mending - Rank 1
Requires Level 68
976 Mana30 yd range
Instant cast
Places a spell on the target that heals them for 702 to 858 the next time they take damage. When the heal occurs, Prayer of Mending jumps to a nerby raid target. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 1 min after each jump. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time.

That's interesting, but I can see it jumping from your tank to a priest, then another priest, etc.

But I may be showing my complete lack of raiding experience with this thought.

NME

Tamanon said:
If it's nearby, it'll jump from MT to OT or to melee DPS. Looks like it operates based on distance.

Oh? Did I read it wrong?

I had figured it just jumped from the selected target to random party/raid members.

Ah. It does say near by targets. Then that should be a fine spell.

explodet

They recently changed the shaman's Chain Heal to jump to the nearby raid member that needs the most healing, I'm going to assume that Prayer of Mending will work the same way. Good for those fights where melee is taking AOE damage, although it's not something you want to rely on during a heavy fight.

I'm hoping one of our priests specs Misery, so they can toss out a rank 1 shadow word: pain and give all warlocks/mages 5% extra spell damage.

firex

Interesting... I guess a shadow priest with shadow mend could still heal in shadowform and keep on their face melting gear. Mass Dispel almost sounds overpowered, but not quite... and I like that it's a mechanic put in to counteract stuff like decursive not by breaking the mod, but changing the gameplay to make it less necessary.

SW: Death sounds weird IMO and doesn't have as major of a drawback as it sounds. It's like old school mindblast with a negative effect, but any same level PW:S will absorb more than the damage caused if it doesn't kill someone. I have a feeling this spell's going to get as many or more complaints for nerfs than death coil, especially since it's a priest spell. I like improved divine spirit and circle of renewal, though.

One things for sure, Blizzard is taking a really lousy safe path with the new additions. Almost all the classes new talents are just boring compared to the countless fake ones that have been bandied about. I mean, sure theres a reason for that, but it would of been nice to see something neat.

At least Warlocks continue to have the coolest talent trees.

I might be noobing it up here, but why should Priests get a DPS form heal? As my main is a Hunter, I'm feeling kinda replacable here :(

My alt is now a druid, I like it a lot better :p

Tamanon

Banned
teacupcopter said:
I might be noobing it up here, but why should Priests get a DPS form heal? As my main is a Hunter, I'm feeling kinda replacable here :(

My alt is now a druid, I like it a lot better :p

As a hunter, in non-berserking instances you should already feel replaceable. We almost never bring a hunter to ZG or AQ20:p

ianswoody

Hey y'all. I've been considering buying the game and joining the ranks of you WoWers. is it worth it to come in this late in the game? Also, if I were to join up, would any of you be willing to take me under your wing?

I dunno, it's happening to both Rogues and Hunters. I'm happy that they are making Pallies have a chance at tanking now, and I hope they improve gear options for Feral Bear druids (I know they exist but frankly the time and effort needed to gear a druid that way you could probably have the next tier up by then of any other armour)... because Warriors are the only class with a monopoly on a certain role at the moment... tanking... like DPS? You can bring a bunch. Healers? Priest/Druid/Shammy or Pally... tanking? you gotta take a warrior, no ands ifs or buts.

Healing I like, being a druid... I'm looking forward to speccing resto and being a healer end game. I know some priests bitch out against druids, but our trade off for the bigger heals is they are slower... plus we don't have an OOC res which means in 5 mans we can never really be main healers, which sucks...

Anyway Hunters and rogues... We're becoming pretty useless these days. Rogues are basically only DPS and you can take correctly specced warriors to do their job now with the right gear. They last longer as well. Lockpicking, poisons, stealth... never used in raids.

Hunters? Well our dmg output isn't as great as a mage or rogue, but to make up for it we've got stuff like traps, pets, mail armour and a bunch of 'sting' attacks, right?

Well mail armour means shit in raids, it's such a miniscule difference... frankly as a Hunter you shouldn't be getting attacked anyway and if you do you're 90% likely to die as opposed to 95% likely if you're a mage.

Pets aren't used
traps aren't effective
the useful stings don't work on anything

OK we tranq in a couple of fights and we pull... but even warriors can whip out their bow or gun and pull. Ugh. It's just annoying.

NME

ianswoody said:
Hey y'all. I've been considering buying the game and joining the ranks of you WoWers. is it worth it to come in this late in the game? Also, if I were to join up, would any of you be willing to take me under your wing?

Probably want to wait until BC comes out and roll a Blood Elf or Draenei. You probably won't get high enough to be running high level instances in BC when it's released and if you start a new toon now you'll sort of be stuck in limbo between people starting over with their BE and Draenei toons and those pushing towards 70.

border said:
I don't think they were ever considered "kings" for endgame PVE.

Hunters were gods back when the two that were allowed into the raid collected all their gear before everyone else.

And honestly, hunters aren't bad now. Just learn how to use your pet and stop using shitty survival spec.

Hunters aren't bad, I'm Part Beast specced/Mostly Marks specced because all I do is raid or instance... no PVP... but like I said before, the reason others outdamage us is because of advantages that aren't really used, like pets/mail armour... mail armour maybe but hell, pets are next to useless later on, and I love my pet :( And when they are useful people ignore them. My pet can offtank like almost anything up to say, UBRS, but no-one believes it except a couple of priests I've partied with and they heal it and voila... it works. Raid wise however it doesn't obviously... it's something that needs fixing.

teacupcopter said:
Hunters? Well our dmg output isn't as great as a mage or rogue, but to make up for it we've got stuff like traps, pets, mail armour and a bunch of 'sting' attacks, right?

Well mail armour means shit in raids, it's such a miniscule difference... frankly as a Hunter you shouldn't be getting attacked anyway and if you do you're 90% likely to die as opposed to 95% likely if you're a mage.

Pets aren't used
traps aren't effective
the useful stings don't work on anything

OK we tranq in a couple of fights and we pull... but even warriors can whip out their bow or gun and pull. Ugh. It's just annoying.

~ Warrior pulling is a joke. Use a hunter its safer and faster. I am talking about 40 mans, in 5 mans it does not matter who pulls. I would like to see a warrior split mobs on a pull. Once in MC I was pulling a Core Hound and shot him when he was too close to a pair of molten giants. all three came running, I used FD, the giants went back home and the dog was safely pulled. The FD button is a nice reset button if a bad pull occurs.

~ Hunter's use your pets in raids +50 dps is +50 dps

~ Hunter's dont need heals or support, we are cheap dps. Its rare if I need a heal in a raid or even die.

~ Hunter's are safe DPS, FD resets aggo so we can unload the damage.

I dont know what you guys are talking about, hunters are always on the top of DPS in my guild. 5/31/15 spec FTW.

explodet

Another advantage hunters have is that they are very strong solo players - if you need to farm up some cash or materials for your next raid, you're better off with a hunter than with a priest, or to a lesser extent a druid or paladin. Here's hoping the new hunter talents help out with their raid viability though.

We've been lucky, the Barb of the Sand Reaver has dropped twice from Fankriss, that's making our hunters happy.

Speaking of pet classes, they've modified the mage water elemental so that it's now instant cast, lasts for one minute with a 5 minute cooldown. Hunters and warlocks have nothing to worry about. :p

Ramirez

Well yea,our DPS is fine,I was just saying I'd like to see some of our talents used more...could say the same for most classes in that case though.

NME

Not that it means much, and you all probably know this anyway, but EB/Gamestop (at last check) has the game listed as coming out on November 28.

November 16 is a Thursday, so would that be the ship date, then? Street date of 11/21?

explodet

Blizzard better get off their ass and start that beta, then.

It's going to be utter chaos when BC is released - all those dranei and blood elves running around, queue times, lagged out instances, and I can't imagine how many bugs there will be.

Personally I can't wait. :D

firex

I don't get how a reused model would make it fake... it may be the expansion, but blizzard reuses models/animations all the time for stuff. the nether drake seems legit to me, I just think someone took the model out of the alpha and replaced druid seal form with it and swam around to give an idea of what it'll look/sound like flying it.

paul777

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
If I were a betting man, I'd be putting money that the 2 models in that video are the real deal.

I don't even know what this means. If you're saying they're real as in the models exist no shit. If you're saying that the Phoenix is the Blood Elf mount then you would be losing some money. A Cockatrice and a Phoenix are two very different things.

This is what that model is probably for:
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/spells-32345-peep-the-phoenix-mount.html

JavyOO7

Hi guys,

Can you tell me what you think this priest spec is good or not?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-priest/talents.html?50023201305001200000023550130000000000000050232210300000000000

I'm thinking instead of dedicating myself to 1 school of magic (shadow tree) maybe there's a neat why I can try to diversify myself that I could truly be the jack of all trades as a priest. This is just a rough rough draft and things will change when Blizzard gets a preview talent for priests going.

Looking at the tree probably my one big problem is that I miss silence the most. But I'm really thinking about investing to all three trees as an experiment and see what happens. Probably its better to focus on two rather than three but I think its a nice idea.

ianswoody

Alrighty guys! I snaked a 14 day trial edition from work and I'm ready to try it out at least. Any servers I should join/stay away from? Like I said earlier, I'd love to go in with someone out there to kinda help me along or offer some initial pointers. I hear the game isn't that fun going solo. Input appreciated!

Drensch

They should call thet blood elf mount the hunters mark. God forbid you try and use it in pvp, you leave damn trail wherever you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom