• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoH

JavyOO7 said:
Hi guys,

Can you tell me what you think this priest spec is good or not?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-priest/talents.html?50023201305001200000023550130000000000000050232210300000000000

I'm thinking instead of dedicating myself to 1 school of magic (shadow tree) maybe there's a neat why I can try to diversify myself that I could truly be the jack of all trades as a priest. This is just a rough rough draft and things will change when Blizzard gets a preview talent for priests going.

Looking at the tree probably my one big problem is that I miss silence the most. But I'm really thinking about investing to all three trees as an experiment and see what happens. Probably its better to focus on two rather than three but I think its a nice idea.

Well, if you want shadow, spec it. Spreading yourself out like that means you miss marquee talents in each tree. Jack of all, master of none.

did my first full ubrs run since returning and what do I get? Drakk shield and valor chest. Fantastico :D, another warrior there mostly wearing mostly shitty greens I was going to kill him if he won. Also bought stockade and abyssal.

Ok note to self no more tanking gear

pxleyes

Banned
Drensch said:
They should call thet blood elf mount the hunters mark. God forbid you try and use it in pvp, you leave damn trail wherever you go.

It isn't their mount. It is their version of a flightpath mount.

My guild downed Instructor Razuvious tonight and the minute we downed him, and went to attack the ads, the server crashed:lol We loaded back in, and the body was gone along with our loot. We're waiting to see what the GM's say.

ToyMachine228 said:
My guild downed Instructor Razuvious tonight and the minute we downed him, and went to attack the ads, the server crashed:lol We loaded back in, and the body was gone along with our loot. We're waiting to see what the GM's say.

GM: "If you did it once, you can do it again"

thats what we have been told in the past.

SaitoH

ToyMachine228 said:

While back, one of the first few times my guild downed Domo, we had the server crash as we were bidding on the loot. We all came back online and domo had respawned, we fought our way back, killed him again, but no loot chest. Everyone in the raid sent a petition and a week later the people that had won the bids got their loot.

1337_J35U5 said:
GM: "If you did it once, you can do it again"

thats what we have been told in the past.

We just got word. We got the Warrior/Rogue Sabatons piece, so one of our main-tanks is getting Deathbone Sabatons, and we got the Druid Idol.

ToyMachine228 said:
We just got word. We got the Warrior/Rogue Sabatons piece, so one of our main-tanks is getting Deathbone Sabatons, and we got the Druid Idol.

nice, Im glad to see the GMs are helpful some of the time

That farking idol has dropped like 100000 times and we still haven't seen an Iblis yet. Rogues as always are getting a bit antsy given our guild's pro history of zero AQRs over a five month or so span and only one CTS in that same timeframe. We've also had a the 10:1 regalia to armament ratio when we were doing AQ heavily.

JavyOO7: That priest spec really is lacking any focus, and you'll be all around decent but never really *good* at anything specific. I'd say that the current best PvE builds are probably PI/30 Holy, a 41 Holy/20 Disc, or a PvE shadow/Disc build. You could probably swing a 41 Disc/rest Holy build for Misery and some PvP utility if you wanted to as well since there isn't a must-have healing talent deep in the Holy tree for PvE-just nice fluff.

Naxx is still great, BTW. It's somewhat annoying with the consumable farming for crap like Patchwerk (not bad but needs a nerf IMO) and Loatheb but the overall dungeon design and layout is terrific and it gives me real hope for the dungeons in TBC.

firex

I'm surprised at the amount of raids in burning crusade revealed so far (there's like 4 in Outlands alone), but it sounds like black citadel is the only really big one.

trilobyte

yah! I won the Staff of Dominance out of Molten Core. Now I can finally replace my Soul Harvester

staffdk3.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've been messing around with my Warrior alt and it's pretty damn fun. I hear a ton about DW Fury warriors, can a 2hand Axe spec (not sure what it would be. arms/fury?) match up to the dps Fury warriors put out?

(Yes, I know warriors are the tanks, but this is strictly leveling up, etc.) :)

firex

I think dw fury is the best pure grinding spec (it's what I use on my warrior), but maybe not. 2h arms is more than good enough though. I wouldn't go 2h fury until at 60 or at least 50+ so you can get your 31 fury and tactical mastery. dw fury does a lot more raid dps, but arms/MS is a great leveling build and honestly just as easy or easier to gear up on, since you only need 2h weapons. At least on my server, 2h weapons go for about the same price as 1h. Just don't bother getting a mid-30s 2h weapon, you can simply do the cyclonian quest and get an awesome 2h.

Sword spec, though, really blows away axe spec for dps, simply because of the proc. Axe spec isn't bad, but I really think the only MS warrior that would go with it does so because they have a dark edge of insanity or some other sick 2h axe.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
firex said:
I think dw fury is the best pure grinding spec (it's what I use on my warrior), but maybe not. 2h arms is more than good enough though. I wouldn't go 2h fury until at 60 or at least 50+ so you can get your 31 fury and tactical mastery. dw fury does a lot more raid dps, but arms/MS is a great leveling build and honestly just as easy or easier to gear up on, since you only need 2h weapons. At least on my server, 2h weapons go for about the same price as 1h. Just don't bother getting a mid-30s 2h weapon, you can simply do the cyclonian quest and get an awesome 2h.

Sword spec, though, really blows away axe spec for dps, simply because of the proc. Axe spec isn't bad, but I really think the only MS warrior that would go with it does so because they have a dark edge of insanity or some other sick 2h axe.

Sword spec: You referring to dual wield sword spec? Or something else?

firex

no, considering that's like impossible to get pretty much. I mean sword spec > axe spec if you go arms, you will do way more damage as long as you have comparable weapons. Sword spec's proc just flat out beats an extra 5% crit.

Kintaro said:
I've been messing around with my Warrior alt and it's pretty damn fun. I hear a ton about DW Fury warriors, can a 2hand Axe spec (not sure what it would be. arms/fury?) match up to the dps Fury warriors put out?

(Yes, I know warriors are the tanks, but this is strictly leveling up, etc.) :)

depending on equipment obviously. But in general dw fury do more damage overtime whilst arms 2h do more damage upfront. For PvE dw is the superior

SaitoH

2-hand MS warriors are all about big damage hits, which is perfect for PvP. Dual wield fury warriors are all about consistant high damage which is great for PvE. So what Mr Ping said.

From personal experience, I spent a year as an MS warrior before switching to Fury and find Fury waaaay more fun. Only problem with Fury is your gear is very, very, important and without raid gear it's tough to make Fury shine.

I've been fury from the start, very few of us back then b4 every1 realised it was good in pve :lol

I just did the must incredible annoying av ever. It lasted 2hrs 50mins.

We started off kicking ass, got sf, sh, the 2 bunkers and balinda. We were having trouble tagging sp. So we get lokh up and he starts killing all around him up there. Took them a good 20mins b4 they got him into theri base. This got us closer to sp but we still couldn't get it.

It wasn't until we got the riders forward that we eventually got sp. We locked that down but we couldn't get across the bridge. By this time lokh and all the riders were dead and we couldn't even cross the bridge. So then the alliance suddenly tag a few gy's behind us. Then theres about 20 of horde at sp and somehow they tag that too.

Everyone dies and ends up back at the cave gy. At this point I realise we are ****ed totally, as did most of us. The alliance successfully got all the gy ALL OF THEM. I and a large force raced back to sp to try and make some sorta effort. But not enough came and they killed drek b4 we even got anywhere near the aid station.

After 1hr 45mins it looked like we were definately going to win.

I'm now 5k into revered (got about 1.5k from that fight lol) and so far I've won av twice. ugh

Anyone have a suggestion for a good program they use to edit videos that they capture? I somehow don't have Windows Movie Maker so...Any suggestions?

Mute

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Anyone have a suggestion for a good program they use to edit videos that they capture? I somehow don't have Windows Movie Maker so...Any suggestions?
If you'd rather just use Movie Maker, try running a file search for it. Mine isn't on the start menu or desktop, so the one time I needed to use it I had to do a search for it. Chances are it's installed, you just don't know it.

bengraven

I did it. All the hype for the last two years has fazed me little, but slowly was sinking in. After getting the PC Gamer 14 day free trial, I ended up deciding I needed the game.

Problem was, my computer is five years old. Only 256mb of RAM, a generic videocard and an equally cheap Celeron 2.0ghz processor. So I bring up PCG's install menu and am surprised to find out I have all the requirements for the game except for the RAM. I picked up a stick of 512mb DDR and added it to my 256 (yes, I'm bad, but I don't care) and then picked up WoW and a two month game card.

Holy shit. A week and a half later, I'm an addict. If it wasn't for my bizarro work schedule and an attention-demanding roommate, I would have played three or four times the amount I've already done. I'm level 13, about to hit 14 Forsaken. Joined a friend's guild (the Knights of Samhain on Cenarious (sp?)) and have been getting a lot of help from them.

I love this game to death.

My only problems stem from: a) said generic videocard, which makes the game look like a HD-version of an Xbox game with blander textures, b) 768 of RAM still makes the game stutter pretty bad out in the open (going to the UC can drop my framerate to less than 10fps) and c) my processor, which I'm not 100% sure is a problem at all? (I really only know enough about computers to get by and to know when I'm getting ripped off at the PC store...but not about anything performance wise).

Zaptruder

Banned
bengraven said:
I did it. All the hype for the last two years has fazed me little, but slowly was sinking in. After getting the PC Gamer 14 day free trial, I ended up deciding I needed the game.

Problem was, my computer is five years old. Only 256mb of RAM, a generic videocard and an equally cheap Celeron 2.0ghz processor. So I bring up PCG's install menu and am surprised to find out I have all the requirements for the game except for the RAM. I picked up a stick of 512mb DDR and added it to my 256 (yes, I'm bad, but I don't care) and then picked up WoW and a two month game card.

Holy shit. A week and a half later, I'm an addict. If it wasn't for my bizarro work schedule and an attention-demanding roommate, I would have played three or four times the amount I've already done. I'm level 13, about to hit 14 Forsaken. Joined a friend's guild (the Knights of Samhain on Cenarious (sp?)) and have been getting a lot of help from them.

My only problems stem from: a) said generic videocard, which makes the game look like a HD-version of an Xbox game with blander textures, b) 768 of RAM still makes the game stutter pretty bad out in the open (going to the UC can drop my framerate to less than 10fps) and c) my processor, which I'm not 100% sure is a problem at all? (I really only know enough about computers to get by and to know when I'm getting ripped off at the PC store...but not about anything performance wise).

Sad to hear. I kinda expected from the first sentence of your post to be; I finally did it. After 2 years, I've finally quit this shit!

Tamanon

Banned
bengraven said:

Welcome to our world.

MWAHAHAHAHA

yacobod

Banned
i wouldnt go dw fury unless you have a baseline of

1000 AP unbuffed (w/out shout fyi)
25% crit in zerker stance
8% hit

otherwise dont bother

fury really shines as your gear improves, i believe MS is far more effective with crappier gear, u can get a warrior in r10 pvp set + unstoppable force, and he will be able to kill shit, and get big MS crits and w/e the ****

i do agree with whoever posted above saying fury is the more fun spec to play, its more twitchy, and you have more utility i suppose

whereas when you go MS, its basically MS, wait 6 seconds, MS, rinse repeat

another option is speccing 2handed fury, its pretty viable, and its good in its own way, ive tried it out using both a TUB and a hand of rag

for pve dps

dw >>>>>> 2h fury >>>>>> MS

and to the ppl above who said fury isnt good for pvp, dont have the gear to support it

check out these vids

Swifty's Warrior Tricks

Hulksmash

Illusion - DW misplaced servo arms

enjoy

Mute

Banned
yacobod said:

8% hit

otherwise dont bother

fury really shines as your gear improves, i believe MS is far more effective with crappier gear, u can get a warrior in r10 pvp set + unstoppable force, and he will be able to kill shit, and get big MS crits and w/e the ****

i do agree with whoever posted above saying fury is the more fun spec to play, its more twitchy, and you have more utility i suppose

another option is speccing 2handed fury, its pretty viable, and its good in its own way, ive tried it out using both a TUB and a hand of rag

for pve dps

dw >>>>>> 2h fury >>>>>> MS

and to the ppl above who said fury isnt good for pvp, dont have the gear to support it

check out these vids

Swifty's Warrior Tricks

Hulksmash

Illusion - DW misplaced servo arms

enjoy
^Very true. I "quit" WoW, but I find myself getting on every few days to play my friend's HWL warrior in some WSG. He was MS up until HWL, and then he respeced fury, using the HWL 1h axe in MH and HWL's Quicklblade in OH. Pretty good, but I think he needs more atp. He sits at 1010 unbuffed and that still isn't enough. I'd say about 1100 is nice, for PvP at least.

bengraven

Zaptruder said:
Sad to hear. I kinda expected from the first sentence of your post to be; I finally did it. After 2 years, I've finally quit this shit!

I knew I shouldn't have started, but...

Oh well, it's been a lot of fun so far. Just need another stick of RAM and a sub-par videocard in the near future so it's not as painful to play.

"Illusion - DW misplaced servo arms"

When you're dual-wielding two weapons when one alone does more DPS than some epic 2-handers, you're pretty much guaranteed to destroy.

Teknopathetic said:
"Illusion - DW misplaced servo arms"

When you're dual-wielding two weapons when one alone does more DPS than some epic 2-handers, you're pretty much guaranteed to destroy.

Dual wielding ZinRokhs. DUAL WIELDING ZIN ROKHS. *retreats back into BWL for more Vael practice* :lol

Oh, I'm never bored. There's healers to molest and clumps to fearbomb - always.

Mute

Banned
Okay, now I'm itching for WoW. I have the sad feeling I will never quit. If I were level my mage to 60 and get about 5-8 pieces of Netherwind and then /gquit, are there any Horde guilds in Naxx on a Western realm who would need me?

SaitoH

yacobod said:

8% hit

otherwise dont bother

I'm 25% crit, 10% hit and 840 attack power and do way more damage then I did as an MS warrior. I don't agree with the "If you don't have these stats don't bother" fury crowd. I do agree that fury requires better gear than MS though.

Meantime

Mute said:
Okay, now I'm itching for WoW. I have the sad feeling I will never quit. If I were level my mage to 60 and get about 5-8 pieces of Netherwind and then /gquit, are there any Horde guilds in Naxx on a Western realm who would need me?

I know I'd be falling over myself to recruit someone with such loyalty.

SaitoH said:
Seriously. If your guild is good enough to do BWL why not stick with them 'till they are ready for Naxx?

Because it's a huge jump, especially if you don't have any AQ40 raid experience/DPS upgrades, from BWL to Naxx. You might be able to do the gimmick fight (Instructor Razuvious) and maybe even Anub'erkan, but Faerlina will beat you silly and Noth will just clean your clock.

And don't even mention what kind of savage sodomizing Patchwerk will do to a guild without any AQ experience or heavy, especially if they are Horde.

Oh, and Netherwind is for the most part kind of blah. The offset stuff from AQ and BWL generally min-maxes for more damage, which is really all that matters for PvE.

SaitoH

I wasn't suggesting jumping to Naxx without doing AQ40, just staying with the current guild till they are ready for Naxx.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm in an even worse setup right now. So my guild alliance has been handling MC just fine, clear it every week in one day. Then the next day is spent wiping on Razorgore, for FIVE FREAKING WEEKS now.

The problem is that we have 20-25 outstanding players, and a good amount of pretty bad players. This didn't hurt us in MC, but it's killing us in this fight. Especially since some of the bad players are hunters and healers. It's annoying as hell, especially being a mage and not really being able to change the fight at all. I can't wait until the expansion hits and 25-mans hit. Hell at this rate, I'd rater forgo BWL and run AQ20 on Sundays, it's just annoying.

Tamanon said:
I'm in an even worse setup right now. So my guild alliance has been handling MC just fine, clear it every week in one day. Then the next day is spent wiping on Razorgore, for FIVE FREAKING WEEKS now.

The problem is that we have 20-25 outstanding players, and a good amount of pretty bad players.

Yeap my guild was in that stage for a long time. Another guild disbanded, and we picked up some of their people and we moved through BWL in la span of like three weeks. I'm sure a guild like yours is glad to hear about the 25-man raids in Burning Crusade however. Although my guild is currently working through AQ40 and Naxx, I think we're going to be a kickass 25-man guild at Level 70.

Tamanon said:

The problem is that we have 20-25 outstanding players, and a good amount of pretty bad players. This didn't hurt us in MC, but it's killing us in this fight. Especially since some of the bad players are hunters and healers. It's annoying as hell, especially being a mage and not really being able to change the fight at all. I can't wait until the expansion hits and 25-mans hit. Hell at this rate, I'd rater forgo BWL and run AQ20 on Sundays, it's just annoying.

This is going to sound bad, but recruit one or two of each class that's proven themselves to be good at outside the box thinking in raids, and the heat from competition will get the ball moving in the minds of those who aren't quite getting it yet who can get it. It worked for us, you get to pick the cream of the recruitment crop, and those first two bosses are an acid test for ferreting out loot whore whiners to boot. :D

fallout

Tamanon said:
Yep, my old guild had no problem with the 20 man content (well, aside from the fact that most of us were in blue gear) once everyone got all the strats down. Then, we started pulling in warm bodies from other guilds for the 40 man stuff and had Rag down in a few weeks. Had my guild not broken up, I'd probably really be looking forward to the 25 man stuff. At this point, I'm not too sure what I'll be doing.

From your post above, your computer has enough problems running this game that I don't think a simple video card upgrade will make a large enough difference.

My Priest is hitting 45 today. I don't mind grouping with him for instances at all but trying to get quests done by yourself is mind-numbingly slow. Anyone have advice on how to make priest leveling go a bit faster?

Mute

Banned
SaitoH said:
Seriously. If your guild is good enough to do BWL why not stick with them 'till they are ready for Naxx?
My guild is in Naxx. Maybe you didn't notice I said "western" realm. I have problems meeting the raid times between school and the fact that they raid 3 hours earlier, as with all guilds on my server. In addition to that, my guild is extremely unreliable and immature. One day we're downing Instructor and the next (yesterday) we're wiping in MC. I can't stand that crap anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom