• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Theres something strangely satisfying about winning an av thats lasted 3hrs 30mins."

Because you don't feel like you've wasted 3 1/2 hours just to lose?

Ripclawe

Banned
Tamanon said:
Gilneas is DEAD TO ME!

*sniff* Gilneas for lyfe!

I am almost ready for BC, just got one rogue to level up to 60 from 59 and my trifecta of warrior/rogue/mage will be done.

plus this gives me an excuse to burn money on a new setup:D

xabre

Banned
Yesterday I was reminded just how awesome locks are. The server ****ed up and my Druid was stuck in AB so I played my 58 lock for a while; I went to Wintersping and was soloing those 59 and 60 elite giants with absolute ease. SB, DoTs, Chain fears...awesome. Doubt many other classes could handle that; mages might do alright I guess.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
luvaboi217 said:
still on gilneas here vumpler, whats your toons name? alliance/horde?

Mage lvl 35: fourtytwo
rogue lvl 10: smapaparappa (a friend and I started over again yesterday)
Priest lvl 60: (I'll let you know when he's done ;) )

Tamanon

Banned
xabre said:
Yesterday I was reminded just how awesome locks are. The server ****ed up and my Druid was stuck in AB so I played my 58 lock for a while; I went to Wintersping and was soloing those 59 and 60 elite giants with absolute ease. SB, DoTs, Chain fears...awesome. Doubt many other classes could handle that; mages might do alright I guess.

Fire mages are great at soloing those guys.

Us frost mages.....well.....they're called Frost Giants for a reason:(

border

firex said:
tbh playerauctions.com is a better way to go if you want to buy a 60,
That site looks awful. The entire place has just been spammed to death by gold sellers and power levelers. Click on "Characters for sale" and it's a million ads for gold and leveling services. There's like 1 character auction for every 200 gold ads...

vumpler

Anyone got a link to show me the best rogue build from the start? I just hit level 10 and don't know which way to go with him.

firex

Teknopathetic said:
"fire is SUCH a better dps build for aq/naxx for mages... and it's surprising how good it is on my lock. I can pretty consistently pull 400+ dps, threat is very easy to manage, and the burst provided is great for faster paced fights."

Firelocks rock and I really can't wait for BC.
yeah, I'm also looking forward to the expansion so I can be almost entirely fire damage. I at least plan on going destruction up to shadow and flame. and judging by the designs of instances so far, I don't think anything in the game is going to be heavily resistant/immune to one type of damage over another.

"yeah, I'm also looking forward to the expansion so I can be almost entirely fire damage. I at least plan on going destruction up to shadow and flame. and judging by the designs of instances so far, I don't think anything in the game is going to be heavily resistant/immune to one type of damage over another."

I'm going full on heavy destro. And it'll be nice to be near entirely fire damage :). Searing Pain is such a crappy spell.

Ikse

Searing Pain is great in pvp, quick, low mana cost and has an insanely high crit rate. Also getting the pvp set bonus helps it, and from what I heard the new Intensity will effect all destruction spells, so that and the pvp set will make SP uninteruptable.

"Searing Pain is great in pvp, quick, low mana cost and has an insanely high crit rate. Also getting the pvp set bonus helps it, and from what I heard the new Intensity will effect all destruction spells, so that and the pvp set will make SP uninteruptable."

In PvP it has its uses, that's true. Generally speaking, though, I'd much rather spend 1.5 seconds reapplying immolate or getting some distance to let dots tick a few more times.

vumpler

My friend and I have dedicated our newest characters to only play them in coop when we're both availible so there's no soloing ever. And I must say it makes the game 50x better while using vent to chat. Definitely the only way to play.

Full Bloodfang, Thunderfury and Brutality Blade...Trying to solo BRD. Killed Incendious no problem, made it through the respawn room alive, and got to Magmus. Got him down to 17% using just an Fire Pot, Elixir of Mongoose and Elixir of Giants. Going to grab a Flask and Troll's Blood potion and get him down then it's on to the Emperor's Room! He will fall!

Tamanon

Banned
Well....on the last wipe of the day, we may have discovered why we can't get ****ING PAST RAZORGORE.

One of the kiters doesn't speak english. Apparently it looks like he's been feigning death sometimes. That explains why we have healers suddenly dying to dragonkin.

The ****er should be kicked from the raid group.

ToyMachine228 said:
Full Bloodfang, Thunderfury and Brutality Blade...Trying to solo BRD. Killed Incendious no problem, made it through the respawn room alive, and got to Magmus. Got him down to 17% using just an Fire Pot, Elixir of Mongoose and Elixir of Giants. Going to grab a Flask and Troll's Blood potion and get him down then it's on to the Emperor's Room! He will fall!

I can get the torches light the 2...er...big torches, but can't light them alone to open the door. Being a dagger rogue sucks sometimes.

firex

the hakkari swords are a genuinely better fury setup, the only nice thing about those claws is the proc if you complete the set.

Tamanon said:
One of the kiters doesn't speak english. Apparently it looks like he's been feigning death sometimes. That explains why we have healers suddenly dying to dragonkin.

We have protection warriors kite them around the platforms. Works much better than Hunters.

I got Magmus down, and cleared out the Emperor's room, and got a few tries in, but it appears that the kiting/reset technique that the Rogue used in the video that I've seen of the solo BRD doesn't work anymore. I tried it, but it just wasn't happening. Anyone know if Blizzard changed it so it's not possible?

Tamanon said:
Well....on the last wipe of the day, we may have discovered why we can't get ****ING PAST RAZORGORE.

The ****er should be kicked from the raid group.

Ewww. Yeah, that hunter rep should recommend barring him from raiding after that.

One thing I like about Vael more than Razorgore is that problems are out in the open and diagnosed easier. Razorgore is "WTF? Where'd this pain train come from?!?!" and it takes forever of parsing and looking thru vids and listening to the various teams involved what it was. Mages getting lose? Controller getting hit? Healing aggro? Shitty kiting? At least the trial by fire is aces for later on in BWL, just like Vael is.

Muddimar

Maybe you cant get past razorgore because your using the wrong class to kite. What we do is have Razorgore taunt them all, then have a warrior challenging shout them all to him. Tanks have more armor, can take more hits, and all you have to do is get a pair of boots with increased run speed on them. Have one or two tanks following behind him to pick up any stragglers. Sometimes you have to work with what suites your guild best.

yacobod

Banned
firex said:
the hakkari swords are a genuinely better fury setup, the only nice thing about those claws is the proc if you complete the set.

the claws are just toys, basically a gimmick wpn set

get the hakkari swords, much better

its funny, because of the +6 to swords on the set, for pure dps as a fury warrior, those are among the best weapon combinations to use for raid dps until u get naxx weapons

Muddimar

I think there are some better combos for fury warriors than the hakkari swords. I have The Claw of the Black Drake in my main hand, Crul'Shorukh Edge of Chaos in my off hand. I'd have to say I could out DPS a fury warrior using the hakkari swords in a raid environment. I'd like to have the Hatchet of Sundered Bone in my main and Crul' in the off....but we aren't quite there yet.

yacobod

Banned
are you an orc warrior?

i mh EoC and oh shardbringer atm

hatchet wont drop for us, im starting to consider maybe just grabbing the next iblis or pugio to oh if they drop sometime soon, getting impatient with weapon drops

vumpler

OMG does anyone know how to get damagemeters or swstats to work without using cosmos!? God cosmos is homo all i want is damage meters AHHHH.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
OMG does anyone know how to get damagemeters or swstats to work without using cosmos!? God cosmos is homo all i want is damage meters AHHHH.

Um....go to curse-gaming.com .

Enter swstats in the search box and download it. Install it in your addons folder and you're set. Then when you want to see how everyone's doing, type /swstats bars. Voila!

vumpler

With damage meters theres the red gui that is up, and i can't get that to come up by just throwing it in the addon's folder. swstats ive installed several times and the gui doesn't come up for it either.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
With damage meters theres the red gui that is up, and i can't get that to come up by just throwing it in the addon's folder. swstats ive installed several times and the gui doesn't come up for it either.

Oh, check the box that says Load Out of Date Addons.:)

Mazre

Ouro down last night for the first time in about 5 attempts and then C'thun phase 2 for the first time in about 3 attempts. Our first night trying Ouro and our second night of attempts on C'thun. Really satisfying to see the guild making progress again. If things go well I think we may see our first C'thun kill next Monday.

explodet

We just tried the Twin Emperors last night - it was a nightmare. Someone would inevitably use an AOE ability - demoralizing shout, multishot, even a psychic scream - during the fight and with the bugs aggroing healers, it wasn't long before we went down. When you're fighting in an environment with zero room for error (zero AOE and you win, one AOE ability and you lose), it sucks when you're doing your job and someone else messes up and causes the wipe.

nidopal

"We just tried the Twin Emperors last night - it was a nightmare. Someone would inevitably use an AOE ability - demoralizing shout, multishot, even a psychic scream - during the fight and with the bugs aggroing healers, it wasn't long before we went down. When you're fighting in an environment with zero room for error (zero AOE and you win, one AOE ability and you lose), it sucks when you're doing your job and someone else messes up and causes the wipe."

This was a problem for us for the first few tries, until someone suggested that everyone take off ANY AOE ability off of their toolbar. Went much smoother after that.

yacobod

Banned
i been thinkin of quitting wow

dont think i want to come back for xpac or not

thinking of selling my warrior, i tried selling him over the summer on ebay and someone reported my auction for violating ToS, so i rather not go thru that again

i checked out playerauctions.com, but that site looks like bullshit

so if anyone is interested let me know

Rank 13 Orc Warrior

noteable armor
r13 pvp armor
6/8 wrath (helm, legs, shoulders, bracers, belt, boots)
5/8 might (shoulders, chest, boots, gloves, bracers)
1/5 conqueror (crown)
strongholds
flameguards
onslaught girdle
cloak of concentrated hatred
sandstorm cloak
aegis of the blood god
and many others..........

noteable weapons
Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnoras
The Untamed Bade
Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos
Doom's Edge
Deathbringer
Quel
Blastershot Launcher
Strikers Mark

trinkets, rings, and necks
onyxia tooth pendant
eye of hakkar
quickstrike ring
don julio's
master dragonslayer's ring
styleen's impeding scarab
medallion of steadfast might
hand of justice

exalted with all bg factions
exalted with ZG, MC
Revered with Brood of Noz, Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle (14k/21k)

4 epic mounts (1 epic wolf, 1 AV mount, 1 black war wolf, 1 black war kodo), 2 AQ40 bug mounts (yellow and green)

character is available for server transfer

so if you are interested send me a PM, im lookin to sell for reasonable amount (cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom