• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoH

Man, lucky is me.

Last two weeks I got Transcendence shoulders and gloves to finish off my Tier 2 set, Shroud of Pure Thought, Essence Gatherer, ZG enchant, Renew 10 (finally!) and the piest de resistance, Pure Elementium Band. Strangely enough I got the ring with the DKP from a single BWL clear. I couldn't believe it. I got spammed with "holy shite!" tells afterwards.

Alex

My guild has most of Naxxramas down now, and I don't even know what they're on, I've only logged on a few times in the past few weeks to PvP.

I'm sick of raiding, it is really not fun on Warlock to me nowadays. I can't wait for the expansion, Blood Elf Priest all the way.

I worked hard for my 'lock and Paladin though, who are both Alliance and fairly decked, so it's a shame to leave them behind.

Twin Emps, outside of Cthun, was the biggest "learning period" raid encounter for us. Even nowadays people manage to pull the yellow bugs at least once per fight. Just keep your healers scattered on each side, and have people in advance ready to break off from w/e and aoe down yellow bugs in case of an accident.

Our largest problems were the fact that our healers are retards and would get hit by the AOE (bug explosion, Blizzard) and die, piling up and eventually killing the tank, and also the little yellow bugs. DPS was never an issue.

Alex

It doesn't seem possible for them to be shipping this year if they havent even started testing yet, and are planning in multiple phases.

Hero

Beta testing will only last a month or so.

Blizzard will do everything in its power to make sure Burning Crusade is on shelves by Black Friday.

When have they ever been concerned with a black friday, though? Their releases most typically are mid-summer and ever WoW was released in its own sweet time. Besides, I don't think they have to worry about missing valuable shelf space in any way at all.

tale

WOW was released "early" to hit Black Friday - I believe VU (which at the time was in dire straights fiancially) forced them release it then. Previously Blizzard would only release titles "when they were done".

However I think Thanksgiving week has been the lauch date for a long time. I heard that internally that BC is feature and art locked in prep for the closed beta - to insure that the game goes gold at the beginning of November for launch just before Thanksgiving.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I didn't buy wow and I won't buy BC. I'll just buy it, blow dry it, burn it, return it... I just can't justify paying $50 and now $40 for a game I pay monthly for. I just can't do it.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
I didn't buy wow and I won't buy BC. I'll just buy it, blow dry it, burn it, return it... I just can't justify paying $50 and now $40 for a game I pay monthly for. I just can't do it.

So you pirate it, that's what you're saying. Yay for taking a stand, but might not be the wisest thing to admit here.

border

I never played a hunter, but I think bows, crossbows, and guns are all pretty much the same. Just use the best thing you find, and have your skills upped in everything.

firex

vumpler said:
Which are better crossbows or bows?
depends what level you are on, but xbows are a lot rarer... however, generally speaking xbows are the better ranged weapons, because they tend to be slower, so they have bigger top-end damage. I wouldn't really worry about it until past level 40 when there are more rare xbows available.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Most places I know of that sell WoW won't allow you to return it merely because of the account/cd key issues.

vumpler

Yeah they don't let you return WoW. I was just seeing what people would say. Already preordered BC :D

vumpler said:
Which are better crossbows or bows?

The way hunter mechanics currently work, xbows are better. Specifically really slow ones as they fit into hunter shot cycles better. For instance, the two best ranged weapons in the game are Slavemaker and Ash. That's right, the second best ranged weapon in the game is from an instance 2 tiers lower than the current one, and is better than the bow dropped from the 4H, which is ass backwards on all accounts.

For more of an in depth look at hunter shot cycles and weapon rankings, please look here:

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/viewtopic.php?id=8487

vumpler

Well I'm curious for on my rogue actually. I guess it doesn't really matter because i only hit them once or maybe twice a fight with my ranged wep but still i am curious.

Tamanon

Banned
With a rogue, go for whichever ranged weapon gives you the most stats. The only real time you'll ever fire multiple times is during the Shazzrah fight and even there it doesn't matter:p

yacobod

Banned
lol

for warriors, rogues etc range items are essentially trinket slots

go forwhatever has the best stats

for MC items you will get a lot of mileage out of either Strikers Mark or Blastershot launcher

or get em both like me :p

Any suggestions on how to deal with Shamans who this they are entiled to roll for every god damn item them can because they think they can dps? Guild I'm in atm has 2 of them.

Tamanon

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
Any suggestions on how to deal with Shamans who this they are entiled to roll for every god damn item them can because they think they can dps? Guild I'm in atm has 2 of them.

I'd have the hunters start rolling on every piece of Mail armor then:p

fallout

MrPing1000 said:
Well, speaking as a shaman ... I've been bitched at for rolling on dps gear, healing gear and spell damage gear. I used to be nice about it, but I'm pretty immune to bitching at this point.

well this particular shaman is all about the dps gear and he has stated he intends to get Sand Polished Hammer http://www.thottbot.com/?i=52801 if it ever drops. Grr. All its doing is damaging the raid for his own benefit. Totally a mace rogue/dw fury weapon b4 anyone else. Of course this is all just trivial as we haven't gotten that far in AQ20 yet but still.

fallout

MrPing1000 said:
All its doing is damaging the raid for his own benefit.
Yeah, that is a little different. In my experience, most shamans in raids get caster weapons not equippable by other casters, any mail gear that has +spell/healing on it and anything that says "Class: Shaman" on it.

Mute

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
well this particular shaman is all about the dps gear and he has stated he intends to get Sand Polished Hammer http://www.thottbot.com/?i=52801 if it ever drops. Grr. All its doing is damaging the raid for his own benefit. Totally a mace rogue/dw fury weapon b4 anyone else. Of course this is all just trivial as we haven't gotten that far in AQ20 yet but still.
:lol What a ****ing noob. What is he, 1hand enhancement? Coming from a HWL Shaman, Shaman's are worthless dpsing in raids, at least Enhc. Elem is ok, but if you want a dps caster then why not just get a lock or mage. Does your guild have priorities for certain items at all?

BlackMage

Banned
yacobod said:
i been thinkin of quitting wow

dont think i want to come back for xpac or not

thinking of selling my warrior, i tried selling him over the summer on ebay and someone reported my auction for violating ToS, so i rather not go thru that again

i checked out playerauctions.com, but that site looks like bullshit

so if anyone is interested let me know

Rank 13 Orc Warrior

noteable armor
r13 pvp armor
6/8 wrath (helm, legs, shoulders, bracers, belt, boots)
5/8 might (shoulders, chest, boots, gloves, bracers)
1/5 conqueror (crown)
strongholds
flameguards
onslaught girdle
cloak of concentrated hatred
sandstorm cloak
aegis of the blood god
and many others..........

noteable weapons
Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnoras
The Untamed Bade
Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos
Doom's Edge
Deathbringer
Quel
Blastershot Launcher
Strikers Mark

trinkets, rings, and necks
onyxia tooth pendant
eye of hakkar
quickstrike ring
don julio's
master dragonslayer's ring
styleen's impeding scarab
medallion of steadfast might
hand of justice

exalted with all bg factions
exalted with ZG, MC
Revered with Brood of Noz, Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle (14k/21k)

4 epic mounts (1 epic wolf, 1 AV mount, 1 black war wolf, 1 black war kodo), 2 AQ40 bug mounts (yellow and green)

character is available for server transfer

so if you are interested send me a PM, im lookin to sell for reasonable amount (cheap)

wow, you've been busy. can i have it?

Mute said:
:lol What a ****ing noob. What is he, 1hand enhancement? Coming from a HWL Shaman, Shaman's are worthless dpsing in raids, at least Enhc. Elem is ok, but if you want a dps caster then why not just get a lock or mage. Does your guild have priorities for certain items at all?

Yeah, the ML should just laugh and make a Rogue/Warrior's day by giving it to them instead. Some people should not be in control of their own destiny, (and this from a guild who gave our first Staff of Domination and Staff of the Ruins to Shammies, both of which drop like candy afterwards).

SaitoH

Drensch said:
Wow moment of the day:

Cairne Bloodhoof single handedly wiping a a guild.

So we are talking guild falling apart?

Ps. Regarding odd gear choices; my guild always lets whomever bid on whatever. Does make for some what? kinda moments, but the player is spending their DKP on what they want, so whatever. Another Sand Polished Hammer will drop. Patience does pay off.

firex

this is probably only interesting to other locks, but my conflag spec with 8/8 nemesis is insane. Conflag in itself is actually pretty easy to maintain with threat, and when you add in the 20% reduced threat from the nemesis bonus, on fights like broodlord I can honestly treat it like it's a trash fight and I won't pull aggro. And the dps is insanely good, even when it's not chain crits - I basically get as much damage out of conflag as I do shadowbolt, only it's instant, so it's very easy to chain 2k damage (non crit) or 4k crit without touching shadowburn. I honestly don't pvp a lot, but if I did I'd probably murder most alliance players with my instants, especially if I were to use death coil. Granted, it's like 5-6 seconds to do immolate -> conflag -> shadowburn if you just account for natural lag and global cooldown, but that burst is huge, especially if they crit (and it seems like shadowburn in particular has a huge crit rate). Even moreso when I get my ideal setup in pvp, where I can CoE them, immo, then shadowbolt before they see me/have time to react, and THEN do the instants.

Ironically the only class I've really faced in pvp that can stand up to a lot of that is mages, just because of fire ward, but then again with this build I frequently run with a succubus or just use my imp (since I have improved imp he can be good for nailing a runner and for the extra stamina, plus it's no shard) so I can't let my felhunter solo them and devour fire ward.

Alex

Adding in heavy destro really burns your mana, though. But in a good raiding good with good healers, it's not like that's a problem

It just worries me for the expansion, PvP wise; Stamina will be skyrocketing due to the reitemization of it, but they havent said jack about how that'll affect us mana users; yknow the people who dont have infinite combat endurance. Destruction Warlocks go bone dry in mana faster than you can blink an eye.

"I honestly don't pvp a lot, but if I did I'd probably murder most alliance players with my instants, especially if I were to use death coil. Granted, it's like 5-6 seconds to do immolate -> conflag -> shadowburn if you just account for natural lag and global cooldown, but that burst is huge, especially if they crit (and it seems like shadowburn in particular has a huge crit rate). Even moreso when I get my ideal setup in pvp, where I can CoE them, immo, then shadowbolt before they see me/have time to react, and THEN do the instants."

In PVP, I have my succubus seduce while I CoE them, then queue up Soul Fire -> Immolate -> Shadowburn -> conflag. Sometimes it wastes shards if conflag doesn't get them, but with the Shadowburn debuff becoming 30 seconds in BC, that problem's alleviated.

firex

Alex said:
Adding in heavy destro really burns your mana, though. But in a good raiding good with good healers, it's not like that's a problem

It just worries me for the expansion, PvP wise; Stamina will be skyrocketing due to the reitemization of it, but they havent said jack about how that'll affect us mana users; yknow the people who dont have infinite combat endurance. Destruction Warlocks go bone dry in mana faster than you can blink an eye.
Well, I went with 5/5 Cataclysm instead of improved shadowbolt, because honestly all the other locks in my guild have it, and that does save a lot of mana in the long run. But I do still run out of mana faster than any other lock build I've tried... but it's so much more fun than being a shadowbolt spammer. And honestly I probably won't pvp that much on my lock in the expansion, the way it's looking I'll probably do that with the pally I'm going to make, or just skip pvp altogether.

Boomer

A conflag specced warlock is pretty much unbeatable 1v1 in PVP, but you will put out more damage in raids specced SM/Ruin.

Here Be Dragons

Mute said:
Who the **** cares? It was still a stupid question.

The answer was far worse though. And people who are new ask such questions all the time. If you don't know the answer, you should read up on it. Azwethinkweiz had it right as we currently stand.

Pretending that WOW is balanced. :lol

firex

Boomer said:
A conflag specced warlock is pretty much unbeatable 1v1 in PVP, but you will put out more damage in raids specced SM/Ruin.
if you don't fall asleep from pressing shadowbolt and corruption and nothing else. that's the main reason I dropped SM/Ruin, it was boring.

Alex

I'm probably going to focus more on PvP myself. I've gone through two raiding guilds, and as the end of Naxxramas started to come into sight; it just all went blah for me.

Once we entered Naxxramas they started reformiing policies and trying to make it more into some mega hardcore guild that was more akin to a humorless job. Really, really interested in faction swapping in BC, and getting a Blood Elf Priest. Probably Disc for combat healing, small timer Shield Wall for the win!

No Will of the Forsaken, no Warstomp, no Hardiness and more importantly no Arcane Torrent (or whatever) in PvP also will be nice. Being an Alliance Warlock is a cause of many headaches. I demand my Fear be overpowered on something other than the clueless guy who misclicked and made a Troll.

Leaving behind well geared, level 60 characters is the only sore spot. Goodbye to Mage, Warlock and Paladin.

Soul Fire is great fun in PvP. Ridiculous, but great fun! With good gear, a trinket and CoE it's a show stopper to say the least. Nothing says "fear me, bitches" like an instant 4000 damage.

One of these days, I hope to pick up berserking and make someone scurry off to the 'lock boards seeking to bash something OTHER than Death Coil

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Alex said:
Leaving behind well geared, level 60 characters is the only sore spot. Goodbye to Mage, Warlock and Paladin.

Oof. And I'm having a hard time staying interested in my lvl 22 Shaman. :lol
Or perhaps it's just the class that's meh, I dunno

Alex

I'm not really a fan of Shaman myself. I tried it for awhile on PTR, but meh... It just never sat well with me.

I like all three of mine fairly well. I enjoy my Paladin a lot moreso since when I stopped raiding I spec'd to 31 Retribution, and finished my DPYear set.

Really fun burst damage in PvP, and I kept all my healing functions except for endurance, so all I hafta do is pop the - key and itemrack swaps me back into my +730 healing set, woot.

My Warlock is like... total love and hate. Alliance side Warlock is just a pain in the ass. I love the aesthetics, and the setups you can do, but when 50+% of the Horde is immune to all of your CC, it's just bullshit. This is why all of the people bitching about Warlocks are stupid Alliance twits.

My Mage isn't as well geared as my Warlock. 420 Damage as opposed to 620ish. Less crit too, majorly less stats, and I dont even have my Frostbolt book, but more fun in PvP since I have defenses and all my CC actually works.

I'm going to pee myself when I go Horde and Fear works, and we don't lose matches because we're feared all over the place during midfield scuffles.

Alex

Meantime said:
Where was this mentioned?

Durno in specific, it's all over the WoW forums though. Part of Blizzards plan to make fights last longer. Probably was announced in that same topic as the nerf to CC duration.

Meantime

Alex said:
Durno in specific, it's all over the WoW forums though. Part of Blizzards plan to make fights last longer. Probably was announced in that same topic as the nerf to CC duration.

Ah I missed that, thanks. More stamina all round would be nice, it's getting more than a little ridiculous with the amount of damage flying around in PvP these days (and I play a mage so I know all about low health :p )

"I'm going to pee myself when I go Horde and Fear works, and we don't lose matches because we're feared all over the place during midfield scuffles."

Fear still breaks whenever it's most inconvenient. As it is, I only use fear vs. people who can't be seduced (which is only druids) or if I'm fighting 2v1 and I need to control both people.

vumpler

Ok can someone break down my decision of making a Priest. Because the night elf priests tend to look the most badass, but I don't know exactly which race to choose from.

1: So can someone breakdown the advantages and disadvantages to each race for making a priest. I will be alliance so I don't know if I should chose NE, Human, or Dwarf.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Ok can someone break down my decision of making a Priest. Because the night elf priests tend to look the most badass, but I don't know exactly which race to choose from.

1: So can someone breakdown the advantages and disadvantages to each race for making a priest. I will be alliance so I don't know if I should chose NE, Human, or Dwarf.

Dwarf

Fear Ward

Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom