• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
NE isn't even an option to you? They sure look pimp as priests.

Can you elaborate on your answer a little bit more with the fear ward?

yacobod

Banned
dwarf priests are always in demand in raiding guilds

fear ward trivializes certain fights like tanking onyxia, nef, etc etc etc

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
NE isn't even an option to you? They sure look pimp as priests.

Can you elaborate on your answer a little bit more with the fear ward?

Well, priests get certain racial spells. Night Elf priests "look" cool, but their racial spell sucks ass. Whereas the Fear Ward from Dwarven priests allows you to be more in demand for raiding guilds if you ever choose that.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah....as a mage, I try and potshot succubi first in AV.:p Only THEN will I try and fight the 'lock.....and pray.

I hate any warlocks:/

"no killing ur succy and thrashing you is quite fun"

More WoW douchebags and how they "wtfpwn" everyone. Keep the overcompensation on Blizzard's forums, ok?

Alex

I park my succubus away from me and keep her on stay, so when the "clever" Warriors charge and fear when they see no pet, they pretty much just waste a fear :p

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
I park my succubus away from me and keep her on stay, so when the "clever" Warriors charge and fear when they see no pet, they pretty much just waste a fear :p

the above tactic shouldnt suprise anyone

its CHEEZ

its a crutch for shitty players, most ppl who play locks are bad imo

opening up with deatcoil :p

smart warrior would target ur succy and cast intimidating shout

kill the succy while the lock is feared, and then finish off the lock

i <3 one shotting that dominatrix

Tamanon

Banned
yacobod said:
the above tactic shouldnt suprise anyone

its CHEEZ

its a crutch for shitty players, most ppl who play locks are bad imo

opening up with deatcoil :p

smart warrior would target ur succy and cast intimidating shout

kill the succy while the lock is feared, and then finish off the lock

i <3 one shotting that dominatrix

So....using your pets abilities is "cheez"? You sound a bit bitter man, might wanna not take the game so serious, heh.

yacobod

Banned
Tamanon said:
So....using your pets abilities is "cheez"? You sound a bit bitter man, might wanna not take the game so serious, heh.

how am i bitter

i was just stating the obvious

if a warlock chain seducing suprises you or catches you off guard, then you probably dont pvp very much

thats like saying i cant believe a hunter trapped me

no reason to get into insults

Alex

I do chain seduce, and fear, and I use deathcoil every time its up. I also use potions, whipper roots, healthstones and grenades. I come prepared to fight as many people as you can throw at me. :p

It's cheese, and a staple of bad players, yet... I'm in the top (by an extreme margain) guild on my server, I rarely die in PvP outside of very unfavorable circumstances, almost always top off KB charts and I have had up to a Marshal rank.

Pardon me if I sound arrogant, but I'm going to say given that, and that I've PvP'd since the game came out with three level 60's, I'd like to assume I'm a very capable player, who has played way too much WoW.

So with that I figure making the most of my abilities on a target that is entirely immune to my core class staple defense is a GOOD idea. But yeah, I guess you're right, Mortal Strike feels like happy!

One of the most potent staples of the Warlock class in PvP is to be able to CC two people, while putting focus on another at any given time, as well.

no reason to get into insults

Or rather it wouldnt be, if your opinions weren't so silly. =/

One thing I have to ask though... How do you fear and kill my Succubus when she's 20 yards away from me and invisible? When that seduce goes off, much like a poly for a raid geared Mage, it's pretty much the end for the person on the recieving portion.

Hero

Nerf Will of the Forsaken even more then.

It's a free PVP trinket, on an even shorter cooldown.

Nerf the hell out of it. I want to see hordies QQ.

Alex

No, haha, it's way better than a PvP trinket. The immunity that comes after it is what typically seals the deal unless I am totally prepared.

I think it should be changed to work akin to the Orc's Hardiness, personally.

I wish they'd relook at racials across the board, and balance them out so each faction has a good foothold on PvP and PvE bonuses.

Would also be nice to see Priest racials redone as well.

"Nerf Will of the Forsaken even more then.

Nerf the hell out of it. I want to see hordies QQ"

QQ.

Alex

Yeah, but that doesn't worry me much less. Look at Blood Elves versus Draenei.

Good thing I want to be a fruity Blood Elf! Actually, they're not really that fruity and they're pretty much assholes, and that's something I can respect!

Blood Elves leaked voice clips and jokes were great, in my opinion, and I like Cam Clarke.

Tamanon

Banned
Blood Elves get Chocobos for their mount.....I think that'll help the Horde population! I know I'll be rolling a BE Paladin!

NME

I can't decide anymore what to roll as my BE character, unless the new Hunter talents blow me away.

I was eager to play either a Druid or a Warrior. Leaving out Druid makes sense enough, but the exclusion of Warrior as a playable class for BEs really bugs me. I know, AOE silence on a warrior would be a bit much to say the least, but the game needs more good(ish) tanks...and I already took a Pally to 60 (once was enough for me).

I have an undead priest at level 35 right now, full rest, ready to be leveled up quick like. I'm thinking about ignoring it, starting an Orc warrior now, then once I get to 70 with my Mage (60), I can pick my old priest clean and ship what's left over to a new BE priest.

But then I don't think I can make enough headway with a Warrior between now and the release of the expansion to make it worth my while.

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
I'm in the top (by an extreme margain) guild on my server

grats so am i

Alex said:
...almost always top off KB charts and I have had up to a Marshal rank.

omg killing blows = skill grats
must be pretty easy to collect killing blows being at max range and putting dots on ppl, its pretty easy for me to rake up killing blows spamming execute as well :p
oh and i've hit warlord

Alex said:
But yeah, I guess you're right, Mortal Strike feels like happy!

i've played MS, 2fury, and dw fury extensively in both pve and pvp so idk, i like them all, they all have their ups and downs

Alex said:
Or rather it wouldnt be, if your opinions weren't so silly. =/

One thing I have to ask though... How do you fear and kill my Succubus when she's 20 yards away from me and invisible? When that seduce goes off, much like a poly for a raid geared Mage, it's pretty much the end for the person on the recieving portion.

TT

color me unimpressed by your serious attempt at an epeen flex :p

you're not gonna have the convenience of always having your succy parked 20 yards away from you and invisible, that cheez might work for you in duels but won't cut it in world pvp or bgs

most locks i know who participate in organized grp pvp bust out the felhunter for fatty dispels and spell lock, but i guess thats not as useful as chain seducing in BGs :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Unless you will be involved in a major PVE raid guild, then I suppose the question is up for the taking.

- Dwarf Priest has the Fear Ward racial spell which is paramount to quite a few end-game encounters and people will love you for it.

- Human Priest has Desperate Prayer (which the Dwarves also get) and is quite a life saver, they also have Perception which can work in your PVP favour from time to time depending on when you use it.

- Night Elf Priests are basically the shittest of the shits when it comes to racials but if you ever want to piss off the hardcore wankers who believe they know everything about the game and rightly tell you so, roll a NE Priest and rub your crotch in their face.

Again, unless you're serious and raiding weekly, the choice is up to you. You pay the same amount as every other fool to play WoW so why let people's opinions affect your decision.

"most locks i know who participate in organized grp pvp bust out the felhunter for fatty dispels and spell lock, but i guess thats not as useful as chain seducing in BGs"

Most locks who participate in organized grp pvp bust out whatever they feel is more useful to their playstyle. Whether it's an imp for dps, felhunter for caster lockdown or Succubus for extra CC.

"you're not gonna have the convenience of always having your succy parked 20 yards away from you and invisible, that cheez might work for you in duels but won't cut it in world pvp or bgs"

And you're not always going to have the convenience of being able to see a succubus visible and able to charge her or getting the drop on a warlock. What's your point again?

And again, how is this "cheez?" If it's so easy for you to beat a warlock that uses a succubus, where's the "cheez?" Make up your mind.

yacobod

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Most locks who participate in organized grp pvp bust out whatever they feel is more useful to their playstyle. Whether it's an imp for dps, felhunter for caster lockdown or Succubus for extra CC.

And you're not always going to have the convenience of being able to see a succubus visible and able to charge her or getting the drop on a warlock. What's your point again?

i honestly dont think you've ran with any good pvp squads, or even with a good honor famring grp, so i'm going to ignore your comments as being uninformed

Alex

I think you need to go back to the WoW forums, in all honesty. That attitude really won't fly here. People from all walks play here, and the last thing we need is to bring the games elitest bullshit to the GAF thread.

Nothing he said is incorrect in the least, in group PvP for myself, I'd value a Succubus over a Felhunter most times to boot.

But you play the way that suits you yeah. And I'm Destruction, I don't DoT all that much, so read the thread please. :p

As for a good PvP teams, I don't do premades anymore, I stopped raiding. I just play with a couple of my friends and PuG with them, but last time I did we 3 capped Nurfed in WSG. So cool your jets accusing random people you apparently think youre better than on how to play their class.

And since an Honor Farming team is a scout team that dodges premades, you don't exactly have much respect with me anymore anyhow. =/

"i honestly dont think you've ran with any good pvp squads, or even with a good honor famring grp, so i'm going to ignore your comments as being uninformed"

Really? Because it looks like you're going to ignore me because you can't reply with a straight answer. :) You ever so carefully dodged the "How is it 'cheez'" question.

yacobod

Banned
yes you win

clearly setting your succy at max range and invisible while chain seducing requires a lot of skill and adaptation, i'm sorry

i was clearly wrong in this case

i don't know how i misinterpreted this tactic as cheez

you got me

Alex

Yes, because that's all there is to playing a Warlock in a group scenario, and your examples of moronic Warlock domination contain so much more tact.

"clearly setting your succy at max range and invisible and chain seducing requires a lot of skill and adaptation, i'm sorry"

If you can so easily beat a warlock who uses it, what's your issue with it?

firex

Hero said:
Nerf Will of the Forsaken even more then.

Nerf the hell out of it. I want to see hordies QQ.
They can nerf it as soon as they give horde Fear Ward.

But then again this is Hero, the guy who cries about every pvp advantage horde has.

yacobod

Banned
i dont have an issue with it, but i think its a cheesy tactic

thats my opinion of it

in my defense, you havent given me any reasons to make me think otherwise, u just continue to flame away, so i dont really see why i should respect any of your statments either

the fact is that pvp in this game is easy

i'd say it goes something like this

gear >> skill = luck

if someone heavily outgears you, 9/10 times u might as well just bend over and take it

if ppl have equal gear and skill lvl, it comes down to luck and dice rolls

but it goes back to gear, better gear = better dice rolls

who crits who, who resists what, thats all there is to it really, the game is easy, u push some buttons, shit dies

i beat a lot of locks, and i get my ass handed to me from time to time

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
Yes, because that's all there is to playing a Warlock in a group scenario, and your examples of moronic Warlock domination contain so much more tact.

again correct me if i'm wrong

but did you just not say this

Alex said:

again you brought it up

at any rate, Alex i'm not saying you are a bad player, but what i did originally say was that there are a lot of bad warlocks, if you do in fact pvp as much as you do, i'm sure there is no doubt you would agree with me, i laugh at locks who use death coil as their openers, and chain seduce, they are bad players, or they might not have the gear to back up their play style

but that is because of the bigger issue
warlocks used to be semi rare and unique, but now warlocks have become/are FOTM, i know so many ppl who have rolled or rerolled warlock alts because they are so "OP" and "unbalanced", this large influx of players probably leads to all the bad players

but w/e

"in my defense, you havent given me any reasons to make me think otherwise, u just continue to flame away, so i dont really see why i should respect any of your statments either"

The burden of proof isn't on me, I'm not making the one making random claims. How cheesy can a tactic be if you think it's so ineffective?

If that's what you think, that's great, but don't be surprised when you spout that with nothing to back it up and people call you on it.

fallout

firex said:
They can nerf it as soon as they give horde Fear Ward.

But then again this is Hero, the guy who cries about every pvp advantage horde has.
:lol I was going to make a comment, but I figured it would get lost in the usual warlock/rogue banter (not that I'm complaining).

It's funny, I don't quite know what the complaints about War Stomp are (which got mentioned earlier). As a Shaman, it nets me an extra LHW (less healing wave) in an optimal setting and if I remember what I read, it resets your weapon swing time, which certainly isn't a plus. I guess it's frustrating to the opposing player, which may add some kind of psychological aspect to it.

WotF is overpowered, but no more than Fear Ward. I get tremor totem, which is kind of like a lottery (it only works if you don't get feared out of range by the time it pulses).

Personally, the only time I've ever really bitched about racials was the shadowmeld bug.

yacobod

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
The burden of proof isn't on me, I'm not making the one making random claims. How cheesy can a tactic be if you think it's so ineffective?

If that's what you think, that's great, but don't be surprised when you spout that with nothing to back it up and people call you on it.

what exactly about my claim is random?

i said that i thought chain seducing locks are cheesy, and i have explained why i think so, i've used examples brought up in this thread as highly implausible in real world pvp or in bgs

ur posts are retarded attacks on me, with absolutely zero content involved

you're just another scrub warlock that is free honor

"ur posts are retarded attacks on me, with absolutely zero content involved

you're just another scrub warlock that is free honor"

Irony? All things considered, I've been trying to give you a chance to actually explain something quite politely, unless asking you a question (that you won't answer) is what's considered a "retarded attack."

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

Irony? All things considered, I've been trying to give you a chance to actually explain something quite politely, unless asking you a question (that you won't answer) is that's considered a "retarded attack."

Remember, also calling him bitter is an insult:p

Feels like I'm back on the official forums.

Alex

I finished AV rep for all three of my characters now. Man, AV rep is so easy to get now. And if you play defense, Alliance side at least, it's still very enjoyable

Paladins crit up to 21! I really wish I finished my Avengers gear before stopping, shit was on rot anyway, 4 out of 5! Argh, I cant deicde if I should use the Avengers legs and bust my 5 piece Judgement though. And there's the fact that Judgement is so nice looking. My Paladin matches so well, and wow man... Avengers Leggings just ruin the whole thing, so ugly its insane.

Also, my PvP cloak is still a Hide of the Wild and neck an Angelistas Charm, haha. I still heal a lot in PvP though, even without swapping between sets.

Speaking of Succubus I DO kill them on my Paladin though! You have a tendnacy, as a Warlock, to try and kill your own kind in PvP. That still carries over to Paladin for me, so it's exorcisim and judgement of command whenever I see one running around

Paladins are pretty fun, in all honesty. I was getting so pissed off at the lack of proper healing itemization pre-tier 3 for them, but meh. I just hope the expansion provides more options.

I remember when I first brought this up and started to take it along to Alt Core and Altwing Lair, nothing is more painful than gearing up a fresh 60 Paladin. There is little to no healing plate avalible.

Honestly, the blue PvP gear is the best healing gear avalible preraid by a *MASSIVE* margain, it's sad shit. Of course, then again the blue PvP gear is pretty much all better than Tier 1 for all classes nowadays anyhow

I think the Horde will love them in raids. Extremely mana efficent, and very potent. Rank 4 Holy Light + Blessing of Light = sick. But in PvP, I don't think you guys will find them as durable as you believe.

fallout

Alex said:
I think the Horde will love them in raids. Extremely mana efficent, and very potent. Rank 4 Holy Light + Blessing of Light = sick. But in PvP, I don't think you guys will find them as durable as you believe.
Believe it or not, and obviously this is just anecdotal, but I know quite a few people who have levelled up pallies on other servers. We are interested in how they work, etc. I got one up to 20 or so, then got bored. I found the play style to be very, very slow. Though I was impressed at how much shit I could take on at once for not having any CC, heh.

Alex

Oh, leveling one is a bitch. If you have a friend, and go about it together, it can be quite decent. That'd probably be even more fun on a PvP server since a Paladin + another class = win.

But yeah, going about it yourself? Awful, if youre bored at 20... man, 20 is the sweet spot. Try 40-60, holy christ, I only made it by leveling with a friend.

Paladins are all about teamwork and support. Retribution, Holy, whatever youre doing on a Paladin you can do it ten times better aiding your team as you do so.

There's a big difference between Retribution and Retnoob I'm finding. Prior to this week, I only healed and supported, ever. But yknow, the damage isnt really bad at all, and I still heal, I still bless, I still BoP and BoF, I repentance people on healers, it's fun.

I still prefer mostly healing though, but as a primary caster, a big two hander is really fun.

As for survivability, theyre better than Shaman by a fair margain against melee, but casters will rock your face as a Paladin, well, Locks and Mages, compared to Shaman. What I wouldnt give for totems sometimes.

firex

I'm going to go holy/prot on my pally honestly. But that's because I expect there won't be a whole lot of pallies in my guild, and even if I collect misc defense gear and manage to be an offtank (I know it's pretty much impossible in the current game, but I think it could be done in the expansion) I won't get to, so I'll just go for the rather cookie cutter holy shockadin, but also pick up BoK, improved HoJ and some other stuff out of prot that's actually more pvp oriented. So basically I'm getting BoK to make myself more useful in a raid and just continuing in prot because there's not much worth getting for me out of ret (improved BoM maybe, but I'll be giving all the melee BoK anyway...).

Honestly, I won't mind being a healer/buffer in raids/pvp, since pallies are so damn good at single target healing. I only got my alliance pally up to 28, and that's only because eventually it gets dull leveling all alone on a new server.

yacobod

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Irony? All things considered, I've been trying to give you a chance to actually explain something quite politely, unless asking you a question (that you won't answer)

selectively reading my posts and repeating an asinine question, i don't owe you an answer

i answered your question several times, if you dont want to read my posts, i wont repeat the answer for you here

Tamanon

Banned
Tre, now that I think about it, you and yaco had this same conversation much earlier in this thread. I think it was about PvE damage dealers or something, and I think he never gave an answer then ended it saying "I've told you several times, I won't repeat myself" back then too.

And then there was laughter.

Alex

My raid build was 33/13/5 (Imp. BoM). All the buffs (sans sanct, which really doesnt matter), and all improved.

Take devo and toughness for padding. Well actually... redoubt or shield block might not be that bad if we actually take regularly in the ex pack, but given the requirements to actually block something, it's a waste to take them as is.

Plus, I have 10,000 armor with toughness and devo on! Big numbers are fun!

Only time I tanked in current WoW was on Fankriss, bug tanking was really fun.

Mute

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

Irony? All things considered, I've been trying to give you a chance to actually explain something quite politely, unless asking you a question (that you won't answer) is what's considered a "retarded attack."
Just curious, why don't you ever use the Quote button?

"Just curious, why don't you ever use the Quote button?"

I do. It's right on the keyboard. :p

"Tre, now that I think about it, you and yaco had this same conversation much earlier in this thread. I think it was about PvE damage dealers or something, and I think he never gave an answer then ended it saying "I've told you several times, I won't repeat myself" back then too.

And then there was laughter."

It's quite possible.

border

This thread tends towards cyclical arguments......I think Ferrio has had to defend his possession of Thunderfury at least 3 times :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom