• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

DPS/Damage per second bug, I dunno if it's exclusive to Hunter or not. But it's a problem afflicting Aspect of the Hawk, and status ailments.

Basicly, what happens. Is ailments, such as res sickness, or negative abilities from enemies or other players will permanently alter your ranged stats until a requip/relog.

For example, in Blackfathom tonight, we had to wade through a lot of odd Naga Priestess thingies. They have an ability called chill, which puts a -20% modifier on your attack rate.

I was LV.28 at the time. Raptors End bow, with Aspect of the Hawk Rank 3 on I think. Anyhow, stats +bow+ AoH DPS (lowbie hunter advice, arrows and +_% speed from quiver dont factor into DPS, since I'm an idiot, I just noticed this yesterday) ='d 46.5 DPS.

Once I got hit with chill (every other fight), it'd drop my ranged DPS to around 40, and after the 10 second or so chill fades, it'll still stick. On top of it, since the game now thinks that's my current DPS now, so if I remove AoH, it'd further drop it to 35ish.

On a positive note, you can also glitch it upwards with buffs, such as Paladin's Blessing of Might.

Anyway. If you get hit with an ability that drops your attack in any way. Take off your ranged weapon, decast AoH. Requip ranged weapon, recast AoH. Problem solved, but having to do it fight after fight is very much bitch worthy, IMO.

firex

that bug must affect people who can buff their own DPS or something. I know it doesn't affect my warlock (I get debuffed, then when it wears off I'm back to normal)... I'll play my shaman and see if I can't get something like that to happen to him when I'm using a weapon buff.

christmas8hi.jpg

We just wiped to Eranikus in the temple instance. Guess it's like the SM Cathedral. Whole damn floor of mobs that we didn't clear came rushing in =/ Back to work.

Alex said:
DPS/Damage per second bug, I dunno if it's exclusive to Hunter or not. But it's a problem afflicting Aspect of the Hawk, and status ailments.

Basicly, what happens. Is ailments, such as res sickness, or negative abilities from enemies or other players will permanently alter your ranged stats until a requip/relog.

For example, in Blackfathom tonight, we had to wade through a lot of odd Naga Priestess thingies. They have an ability called chill, which puts a -20% modifier on your attack rate.

I was LV.28 at the time. Raptors End bow, with Aspect of the Hawk Rank 3 on I think. Anyhow, stats +bow+ AoH DPS (lowbie hunter advice, arrows and +_% speed from quiver dont factor into DPS, since I'm an idiot, I just noticed this yesterday) ='d 46.5 DPS.

Once I got hit with chill (every other fight), it'd drop my ranged DPS to around 40, and after the 10 second or so chill fades, it'll still stick. On top of it, since the game now thinks that's my current DPS now, so if I remove AoH, it'd further drop it to 35ish.

On a positive note, you can also glitch it upwards with buffs, such as Paladin's Blessing of Might.

Anyway. If you get hit with an ability that drops your attack in any way. Take off your ranged weapon, decast AoH. Requip ranged weapon, recast AoH. Problem solved, but having to do it fight after fight is very much bitch worthy, IMO.

Actually, funny story, when I first added a deadly scope to my last bow my dps actually went down. That's when I first realized something was bugged.

hobart

I'm finally in... and the game owns my life.

I don't talk with my chick.

I don't want to Christmas shop.

I don't want to drink*.

I don't want to do anything but play this game.

I'm dreading the day Christmas comes and MGS3 and Halo2 are sitting under my tree... I KNOW MGS3 will take me away from WoW (I always play MGS straight thru... no interruptions)... but I'm not sure I want it to.

Anyway... any y'all on Bonechewer so you can meet my lvl18 Paly?

*- I drank SO fucking much in Scotland... this is really moot.

Meier

These server issues are so damn frustrating.. EQ was bad the first week but there was a huge improvement from there on. WoW hasnt gotten any better.. and in fact seems worse these days.

And I love how 99% of the time you cant even log on to the damn boards.

Meier

I'm talking just in general. There shouldnt be this much of a problem with 80 servers -- EQ had like 30 at most when I stopped playing with 500k subscribers.. 250k on 80 and this much of an issue? Not acceptable.

Malakhov

Banned
But what problems are you talking about? Can't login? Lag?

Like I said, I never have problems getting in and I never experienced any lag on bleeding hollow 'cept at launch. I've had much much worst experiences with EQ YEARS after the launch, spending afternoons on off days trying to get in spending my time in IRC chatrooms :p

Zaptruder

Banned
Meier said:
I'm talking just in general. There shouldnt be this much of a problem with 80 servers -- EQ had like 30 at most when I stopped playing with 500k subscribers.. 250k on 80 and this much of an issue? Not acceptable.

it had 500k preorders.

Plus worldwide it has more than that, if you include koreans and europeans :p

Anyway, in other news, don't turn on anisotropic filtering and trilinear filtering at the sametime... it kills the framerate. Normally it doesn't seem to matter for me in games, but it killed the frame rate for me in WoW... actually, didn't bother testing if it was both or just trilinear filtering that was the culprit.

Malakhov said:
But what problems are you talking about? Can't login? Lag?

Like I said, I never have problems getting in and I never experienced any lag on bleeding hollow 'cept at launch. I've had much much worst experiences with EQ YEARS after the launch, spending afternoons on off days trying to get in spending my time in IRC chatrooms :p

What, are you joking? BH is the worst of the worst. East Kingdoms crashes at least 5 times a day. And the entire server just bit the dust not half an hour ago.

Malakhov

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
What, are you joking? BH is the worst of the worst. East Kingdoms crashes at least 5 times a day. And the entire server just bit the dust not half an hour ago.
Like I said, never had problems since launch on BH. At launch it was horrible but it's been smooth on my end for weeks now.

P.S. All the servers were brought down to fix the login problems so it's normal :p

firex

I know it's coming since they want some class to use agility cloth... but I'll be damned if I ever see them explain how a monk type class will ever fit in storywise.

SD-Ness

Ignorant question...but I'm just starting.

I think I remember hearing that the races/classes aren't that balanced. Is there a "best/better" combination?

And could someone just give me a quick summary of the pros and cons for the alliance races/classes?

Thanks.

Mirk

Since the severs are down.

Char. Update

Name: Mirk
Class: Paladin
Guild: Eternal Union
lvl: 36
Sever: Mal'Ganis
Mining: 201
Blacksmith: 215
Fishing: 1

If anyone on Mal'Ganis is every lfg give me a whisper.

Monk

Banned
A neutral lone warrior faction with pandarens would be pretty good. Maybe they will be introduced with the battegrounds as a side thing.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Been saving for my damn mount forever. About to hit 42 and I still have 25g to go. T_T

My sagely advice: Start saving early, people. :O

autobot said:
Since the severs are down.

Char. Update

Name: Mirk
Guild: Eternal Union
lvl: 36
Sever: Mal'Ganis
Mining: 201
Blacksmith: 215
Fishing: 1

If anyone on Mal'Ganis is every lfg give me a whisper.

Alliance or Horde?

firex

Monk said:
A neutral lone warrior faction with pandarens would be pretty good. Maybe they will be introduced with the battegrounds as a side thing.
doubt it, but I have a feeling there's going to be a third faction whenever they release an expansion pack.

as for speculation about who would be in it:
naga, blood elves, draeni and fel demons

well since the servers are down and the board are so fucking annoying.....

Screens! YaY!

Huge Tree in Hall of Explorers...
WoWS1.jpg

Older Pics...

Me getting reveng on a guy who was camping my corpse...I rezed as far as I could away when 2 alliance meber wandered by, yeah it's hard to run with a concusion shot up your ass.
WoWS2.jpg

just some random shot
WoWS3.jpg

my server (azgalor) is down still....it's always the last one up. Log-in takes a while but it happens.

on a totally unrealted note....I did some X-mas shopping after work and saw something I never thought I would.

A blind guy leading a blind woman down the block....a literal blind leading the blind...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom