• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

Hero said:
Also, what's up with honor? I played like, two BGs yesterday and got like 52 HK's but it's displaying I have - 527 honor. How do I have negative honor??
That's a ~, not a -. It represents "approximately equal to" in most parts.

My thoughts.

I <3 my Destro Lock.
I <3 my DW shammy (even though he's lowbie, he's able to grind SO much easier and quicker now, and I can actually use stormstrike, even if just for the extra attack/s, for more damage without having to drink almost every fight).

My rogue says: "**** you blizzard"

Ramirez

I have a question,can we not spend our honor points until the next Tuesday?In my grand total at the top it says 0,even though in the summary box below it says I have 3500...

Raiden

Banned
Meh its 20.20 here now, deadline was 19.00 :(. Some servers are starting to get online though, Al' Akir: me, is waiting though.

GOD I HATE WAITING

Hero

fallout said:
That's a ~, not a -. It represents "approximately equal to" in most parts.

Oh, is that what it's supposed to be? I got a new widescreen monitor and still haven't found a perfect setting where I get a widescreen view and clear, large text.

Okay, that's fine then. Thanks, was gonna go nuts.

fallout

Hero said:
Okay, that's fine then. Thanks, was gonna go nuts.
Yeah, it's kind of a bad use. We only ever used that in high school and as far as I know, it's just a substitute for when you're on a keyboard, really. They should be using &#8776;, since it's a permanent fixture in their own game. Oh well.

On the subject of minus honour, DKs are gone and guards have been wtfbuffed.

firex

I redid my 51 hunter as full beast mastery and it's awesome. Stacking hastes from improved aoth and the serpent's swiftness talent (or something like that) is just godly, along with stuff like ferocious inspiration and focused fire. Now I just need to grind those last 9 levels and pvp enough for the HWL crossbow, heh. As far as my shaman goes, I went 41 resto/10 enhance, but I'm going to pvp enough on him for at least one of the HWL 2h weapons. First priority for me is the caster 2h mace, then I'll go for the 2h axe most likely. The only bad part about it is all of the AV I'll be doing, but it's such a zergfest that if I just stick with a group of people I can probably earn the honor in a month or so.

well got in to Ahn'Qiraj updated my talents now 48fury 3 prot

started updating my interface as best as I can and now I can't get past retrieving characters again. Ugh

Ramirez

I forgot to mention I got 25 AV marks in 2 hours last night :lol Now I just need the honor points and my poor undergeared warrior will have a decent 2H.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
How I love respeccing plus BG bugs.

Overpowered2.jpg

Talk about overpowered. Unfortunately, the server crashed and when I logged back in my Felguard was gone for good :(

Ripclawe

Banned
firex said:
I redid my 51 hunter as full beast mastery and it's awesome. Stacking hastes from improved aoth and the serpent's swiftness talent (or something like that) is just godly, along with stuff like ferocious inspiration and focused fire. Now I just need to grind those last 9 levels and pvp enough for the HWL crossbow, heh.

argh.. I was tempted to put 42 in BM and 5 for lethal shots for my lvl 56 hunter. Now you make me want to spend the money to respec..

Tamanon

Banned
As a mage, let me just say, **** hunters and their Silencing Shot.

Although I <3 my Frosty. 2 Arc/49 Frost and I love PvPing with him. Plus deals out great damage in PvE too.

Never mind how easy soloing is. 24 second Ice Barrier = good stuff.

Getting used to a new UI, (Trinity), trying to deal with rolling restarts DURING raid time, and coordinating new healers with new experimental builds and no Decursive thru BWL. Good times. No, really; good, GOOD times. SO glad it came out this much before BC. :lol

tehjaybo

My guild just spent a night dying to stupid mistakes... haha. The UIs also contributed... it was disaster. I couldn't get some things going, so I just sat it out.

PS: Anyone know where I can find a working PerformanceFu? :D

BTW, after spending more time playing, please disregard what I said earlier about rogues. I really wanted Shadowstep, but I'll be damned if cloak of shadows isn't *destroying* casters.

Mute

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
BTW, after spending more time playing, please disregard what I said earlier about rogues. I really wanted Shadowstep, but I'll be damned if cloak of shadows isn't *destroying* casters.
QFT. I'm actually liking Sub better than Seal Fate -- 75% of the time when I open with a Cheapshot I instantly have 3 points to spend. That, the stat bonuses, reduced cooldowns, preperation, and CloS are awesome. Earlier I slaughtered a Warlock in full T2/3 just because of CloS, Sprint, Prep, CloS/Sprint again. 10 seconds of immunity. Overpowered much?

"QFT. I'm actually liking Sub better than Seal Fate -- 75% of the time when I open with a Cheapshot I instantly have 3 points to spend. That, the stat bonuses, reduced cooldowns, preperation, and CloS are awesome. Earlier I slaughtered a Warlock in full T2/3 just because of CloS, Sprint, Prep, CloS/Sprint again. 10 seconds of immunity. Overpowered much?"

Don't get used to that, because CloS is getting it's cooldown reduced to 1m and taken off the list of cooldowns affected by preperation. I find that one, well timed CloS is just perfect, preferably if you think you can anticipate when they're going to toss out Death coil.

Mute

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Don't get used to that, because CloS is getting it's cooldown reduced to 1m and taken off the list of cooldowns affected by preperation. I find that one, well timed CloS is just perfect, preferably if you think you can anticipate when they're going to toss out Death coil.
Yeah I heard. That's fine with me though. 1 minute is insane :D

Alex

Step 1; spec affliction
step 2; stand on the lip of the SP graveyard mountain and DoT people as they spawn
step 3; lolz, warlocks are jerks

Ripclawe: Did you partake in any of the server-only AVs while the cross-realm stuff wasn't working right? Funnest AVs I've been in, seeing a bunch of people I haven't really pvp'd with in ages.

Alex

oh, if you want good honor; I suggest AV. AV games are as short as ever, about 20 minutes, and grant you tons of kills, high passive honor, and SICK bonus honor. 500 a pop for a win.

I played six AV games tonight off and on while doing invoices for work, won five of them. Got 1100 from kills, then add in the thousands from bonus/passive honor which isnt calculated till like.. late in the AMs or whatever

Also, the queue for AV is <1 min for Alliance on my server, so yay!

Alex

Ramirez said:
No Arena's til Friday at the earliest :( Are Arena games puggable at all or do you have to have a team?
You can pug them, but you do not earn arena points without a team.

Probably the single worst design decision Ive seen in WoW.

Ripclawe

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Ripclawe: Did you partake in any of the server-only AVs while the cross-realm stuff wasn't working right? Funnest AVs I've been in, seeing a bunch of people I haven't really pvp'd with in ages.

No, too busy lvling up the hunter, but I should start tomorrow with the wait times so short.

Alex

Teknopathetic said:
"Probably the single worst design decision Ive seen in WoW."

Rep grind?

I've never really rep grinded, I think, except for Zandalar, and I would've gone to help friends anyway.

Also, I'm a Human, woot.

But yeah, forcing people to make a team that requires double the ammount of people that the actual Arena Match consists of is pretty stupid.

Let puggers at least get half points or something, sheesh.

Boomer

Screaming_Gremlin said:
How I love respeccing plus BG bugs.

Overpowered2.jpg

Talk about overpowered. Unfortunately, the server crashed and when I logged back in my Felguard was gone for good :(

If you're a raiding lock why would you not spec for Shadow Embrace?

Hero

I'm 02/08/41 sub right now. It's pretty sick, I have like 1073 AP unbuffed, so the loss of lethality is slightly offset. But man oh man, I'm not used to so much survivability.

Cloak of Shadows is just godly. I'll gladly take a universal CD of 1 minute on it in exchange for not getting it when Preperation is used because most likely I won't be Prep forever.

Protip:

Get a stunwatch program and before your final stun wears off, pop Cloak of Shadows against casters. Every time I resist a Death Coil, Psychic Scream, or Frost Nova I swear I can hear the other player QQing.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Boomer said:
If you're a raiding lock why would you not spec for Shadow Embrace?

I haven't set foot in a raid dungeon since July. Actually, this is the first time my lock has left IF since then (I still mess around with leveling a warrior alt). I really grew tired of the whole raid thing. The only reason I haven't closed my account is that I have a lot of friends in my guild that I keep in touch with.

John_B

It only took Blizz 24+ hours to get the servers up and running like they should.

Anyways I'm going to farm for the high warlord daggers and stay with Mutilate, because right now it simply owns. I'm going to raid bwl tonight and test it out, but for duels and bg, holy shit, you generate points faster than you can spend them.

Edit.

No more loosing your poisons when you zone! Freakin' great.

...What happened to hunters? Their dps in bg is sick. They just go max range and nuke people down in 5 seconds.

It's pure kamikaze to engage a warlock. You will probably die even if you kill them.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Have any mods been released yet with the new patch? My wife is crazy complaining because she doesn't have all in 1 bag anymore :lol

And to say the least, we priests got super screwed. No click heal / decurse (well that applies to all of us basically) is terrible. MC will be hell tomorrow.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Have any mods been released yet with the new patch? My wife is crazy complaining because she doesn't have all in 1 bag anymore :lol

And to say the least, we priests got super screwed. No click heal / decurse (well that applies to all of us basically) is terrible. MC will be hell tomorrow.

ACE mods are working just fine with the new updates, including my all in 1 bag thingy.

Alex

its not bad to put at least one point in shadow embrace, in any case, since it counts towards soul siphon

firex

Arena matches don't give arena points period unless you're 70, and even then, only if you play a ranked match... It's actually a good system because ALL the arena gear is level 70 and it's weapons/armor sets, and doesn't cost a whole lot individually. Unless you guys are talking about regular honor points, then I can understand the complaints. But it should only require the base amount of people for your arena team type to set up a team, or at least it does in the expansion beta. Then again, Blizz REALLY half-assed the 2.0 patch compared to beta. I know for a fact shamans didn't get all the changes they get in the expansion, which is pretty retarded to be honest.

SyNapSe

Ok, I had been out of town for bus. until tonight. I'm confused.. I understood things with mods were changing a bit, but...

Should all of my configurations have changed? I tried to download CTmod, Titanbar, SCT, etc. again.

All my bars are gone.. i can't re-enable them from the new CT, so I can only presume this is meant to be used through Blizz's Interface now. In the blizz interface I can only find a bottom left, and it doesn't have anything in it.. they used to all match up. Furthermore, I don't see a middle screen left bar. I seem to have lost all of my macro's and bindings also? Did i do something wrong.. I'm positive I didn't delete my WTF folder or anything.

vumpler said:

I'm still trying to understand where they're coming from; it's bad enough trying to land reliable Holy/Disc and Resto folks who want to stay that way for raiding, but then to make it WORSE an experience? Can't derank as good, can't have debuffs listed, can't get a decent 41 pointer. I'm scrambling to find a quality replacement for Decursive, cuz fishing over people looking for an itty-bitty debuff icon (especially on moving fights) is insanely tedious and dangerous.

Reactivated my account tonight. Playing my Paladin since it's my only remaining 60...Anyway, I like Spiritual Guidance a lot. The 41-point Holy Talent seems kind of...Meh.

I'm liking what I've seen of the new honor system thus far. And I did that Uther quest with the Dranei NPC. Good stuff:) Feels kinda good to be back.

border

SyNapSe said:
All my bars are gone.. i can't re-enable them from the new CT, so I can only presume this is meant to be used through Blizz's Interface now. In the blizz interface I can only find a bottom left, and it doesn't have anything in it.. they used to all match up. Furthermore, I don't see a middle screen left bar. I seem to have lost all of my macro's and bindings also? Did i do something wrong.. I'm positive I didn't delete my WTF folder or anything.
Yeah, it looks like CTMod has given up on all the bar mods. You have to use the Blizzard interface, at least for the time being.

John_B

So it should be quite clear that this new honor system atm is bullshit.

Why would anyone go anywhere and wipe their asses out, when simply you could go pvp for shits and giggles a couple of days and get loot that is in the quality rang of the loot from bwl.

Some dude made 10K+ honor since wednesday already. It's possible to get an imba epic 1-hand in 3-5 days. It took me ages to acquire Perdition's Blade, and it's really a big underdog compared to the hw dagger. You know where I can find a better main hand dagger? At C'thun. Bullshit if you ask me. I'm going pvp atm.

The rewards should be way more expensive. I really hope they change this for the expansion. I know the weapon rewards for normal pvp are only blue, but the main hand dagger is almost on par with Kingsfall and costs a mere 15.000 honor. Any normal player would at least earn that in the time they grind 10 levels.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've earnt 10,500 Honor Points since patch release. It is quite easy to get, since AV is such a Honor whore. I mean, I did around 2-3 hours of AV for two days each.. if that. Plus a bit on the side here and there of AB just to get marks up. Some people are really clueless though - we're getting steamrolled by a premade, I tell everyone to just let it cap out and head to base since a short loss is better than a hard-fought loss with practically the same rewards. "LOL but we get Honor by slowing the game down and ruining their time!"

Obviously they never went to AV for an hour and half and gobbled up 3,500 HPs.

However I can see a lot of people slowing down and just doing the Arena's, refining their "fair" PVP skills. It is quite fun to romp around in but I think I will be steering clear of it for a week or two till I get those yummy PVP rewards.

SyNapSe

firex said:
honestly, delete your interface folder and start over with mods that are updated for 2.0.

Of course I did that.. I do after every patch. I think Border answered my question though.. apparently just CTmod decided to drop their Bar customization interface.. I can't imagine why. The default Blizz interface is really lame.. not as many bars, and I can't resize them or anything. I do like their new buffmod though

I guess I'll have to look for another mod that does bar customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom