• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

It does alternate, but it doesn't do much. But it's not really a big deal, my only complaint about WoW armor is they need to make non-set pieces look better.

border

Is World of Warcraft multi-threaded to take advantage of multicore processors? I can't seem to get an answer beyond the "news" that there will be a multithreaded OpenGL version of Burning Crusade for Macs.

What about the PC version? Is it multithreaded? If not, will BC be multithreaded?

HWLmace.jpg

So happy.

Tre, can you link directly to the UI's you're using? My precious nurfed is currently frustrating me with what I can't do with it anymore and I have been shooting for a setup like yours.

shock33

Bottom frames look like Bongos. And I wish I'd used it months ago instead of nurfed (which I had been using). SOOOO much easier to set up and move and stuff....

Trinity is nice! I also found Bartender3 at Ace. Bartender is top notch. Wow. Right now I'm trying so hard to get NurfedUI's unitframes to work properly but Tivoli hasn't finished them yet and it's frustrating. Large portions of Nurfed have been updated for 2.0! When he has his actionbars and HUD all ready again, you should check it out. It's becoming a useable suite again.

Oh yeah, me and a couple friends are starting over, fresh and new, for the expansion. We want to start on a PvP server, horde side. Can anyone suggest a realm that's got a healthy amount of PUGging and guilds? We just tried Hakkar and it's a dead realm, only 49 level 60's on at the moment.

Mairu

My UI looks kind of like that :)

I spent quite awhile on Friday night trying to get my UI up to date. I hadn't really customized it much before 2.0, basically just had ctraid/ktm/auctioneer/gatherer so it was kinda fun even to start making my UI not look so ugly. All I need now is for auctioneer & gatherer to be updated :(

ScreenShot_120906_110418.jpeg

I'm also really amazed at how fast and easy it is to get honor for the HWL/GM stuff. Gonna have a weapon in a day or two and I've only done a few BGs before raidtime basically.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Teknopathetic said:
http://www.evildownfeathers.org/HWLmace.jpg

So happy.

Hey I adobted your whole layout LOL. The only thing I can't figureout how to get is the name plates? How do I get that one and get rid of this gay standard wow crap.

"Hey I adobted your whole layout LOL. The only thing I can't figureout how to get is the name plates? How do I get that one and get rid of this gay standard wow crap."

AG Unitframes.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok there we go I got it finally. I can't seem to get the chat box setup like yours at all. I like it but i can't seem to figure it out. I have chat mod but its not doing a damn thing lol

NM, saw your edit. The chatbox is using some font from one of the UI mods I was trying out before I decided to just piece together my own and was left other.

border

I gotta say it's kind of depressing listening to everyone else go on about all the new stuff that they can do and all the new specs/talents they're trying out. Then I look at my warrior, and it's tough just to get back to where I was pre-patch :( With 31/20/0 MS I either have to lose the Enrage damage buff or eat big rage loss when I switch stances. Not to be a drama queen, but I think if I can get my warlock to 60 by the BC release, I'll probably just stick with the warlock through 70. I'm sure warriors will be fixed sooner or later, but I don't really feel like doing anything to improve my character with the way things are now.

I'm thinking about a 41/5/5 build, with points to Cruelty and Tactical Mastery/Imp Bloodrage. Has anybody figured out the best build for PVP and grinding? I hate having to go 41 points into Arms just to neutralize the rage nerf, but it seems like the only plausible solution. If I go 15 points into Fury for Imp Battle Shout, will the buff to AP be enough to counteract rage normalization?

firex

I'm sure they'll tweak the rage normalization, which is honestly the biggest problem. I'm personally making my BE pally into my main.

Hero

So wait, which mod is the best / most flexible to rearranging my action bars?

As a rogue, I really don't need that much.

border said:
I gotta say it's kind of depressing listening to everyone else go on about all the new stuff that they can do and all the new specs/talents they're trying out. Then I look at my warrior, and it's tough just to get back to where I was pre-patch :( With 31/20/0 MS I either have to lose the Enrage damage buff or eat big rage loss when I switch stances. Not to be a drama queen, but I think if I can get my warlock to 60 by the BC release, I'll probably just stick with the warlock through 70. I'm sure warriors will be fixed sooner or later, but I don't really feel like doing anything to improve my character with the way things are now.

I'm thinking about a 41/5/5 build, with points to Cruelty and Tactical Mastery/Imp Bloodrage. Has anybody figured out the best build for PVP and grinding? I hate having to go 41 points into Arms just to neutralize the rage nerf, but it seems like the only plausible solution. If I go 15 points into Fury for Imp Battle Shout, will the buff to AP be enough to counteract rage normalization?

I've not had too much problem (other than ****ing geared out Locks dropping dots on me that eat 3/4 of my health as I ride past in DEF stance); I just gotta be smart about Disarm, SS->WW, and Overpower. I've actually been hitting harder from what I've seen, and that doesn't just come from the r. 7 Battle Shout, either.

Zalasta

Zaptruder said:
I've been out of the WoW loop a long time.

What does QQ mean?

Don't think anyone answered you, it means cry more. I always presumed it's because QQ looks like two eyes with tear trail, as to the exact history of the reference, who knows =P

Anyway, I think the new honor system is nice, games are supposed to be fun, rather than be like a chore you have to do. However, it does make raiding sort of obsolete and pointless, in terms of loot. I do hope Blizzard will address that in the expansion. You have to take into account that it's December, so the majority of the player base (i.e. students who are or will be out of school) have a lot more time to grind the honor to spend on the HWL stuff, therefore, everyone will be sporting new epics relatively soon. Which also means that these gears aren't that "valued" any more, since the high-end PvP gears are attainable by practically anyone now, it really doesn't mean much to see someone wearing a HWL set as opposed to T3, since the latter is still relatively rare.

Hero said:
So wait, which mod is the best / most flexible to rearranging my action bars?

As a rogue, I really don't need that much.

Before 2.0 I used FlexBar, but since it hasn't been updated for a while, I switched to Bongos. It takes a bit getting used to, but it's pretty versatile. For my rogue, I'm able to switch the button setup between stealthed or not. So my action bars for the most part is pretty clean, not cluttered at all. You can check it out and see if you can customize it to your liking.

explodet

Raiding is freakin' difficult right now with this new patch.

Holidays - This time of year a lot of people are usually busy or unavailable.

No Decursive - Chrommagus was freakin' annoying last night. I couldn't DPS because I was too busy removing curses. We ended up wiping.

Paladin Loot - Stores of double Judgement from Nef haunt me. We were lucky last night, but the fact is we could get Judgement drops for those who wanted their own set pieces, which would just piss people off.

Patch Weirdness - No pet bars, warlock pets despawning on the Nef Warlock call, tanks getting hit for 9K, etc.

Click - Click click click click click. Click click click, click click. Thank heaven CTRaid removed this.

PVP Rewards - If everyone can get a Rank 14 item after a whole bunch of battlegrounds, then waiting for that random drop from a boss isn't really worth the risk.

Burning Crusade - the expansion is out in like, a month. We all know what effect that had on raiding, so I won't belabor it.

Hero

Yeah my friend recommended Bongos, I'll check it out.

Also, I got my Grand Marshal Dirk last night. Couldn't have taken more than 10 hours total to grind the honor, but the important thing was that I had a lot of fun doing it.

New spec + new anti-caster ability = me picking off stragglers in AV and defending caps in AB single handedly.

fallout

Most people seem to be saying AV for the honour grind, but my guild and I were running WSG primarily all weekend (and doing the occasional AB/AV is people needed marks). AV is probably better, but it's a ****load more irritating. Consistently winning 8-10 minute WSG just seems to be a lot more enjoyable. And you don't get bored, because every 5th match or so is a pre-made and every 10th match is a pre-made that gives you some trouble.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I think most people are saying to do AV if you are solo grinding the armor. If you have a guild group I would definitely go with WSG or AB depending on the numbers.

Words can't express how much I love heavy subtlety, I dunno how I'm going to go 6 levels without it. I can't believe how silly I was for hating CloS because it wasn't shadowstep.

Mute

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Words can't express how much I love heavy subtlety, I dunno how I'm going to go 6 levels without it. I can't believe how silly I was for hating CloS because it wasn't shadowstep.
You and me both.

fallout

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I think most people are saying to do AV if you are solo grinding the armor. If you have a guild group I would definitely go with WSG or AB depending on the numbers.
Well, hell ... even if you can get 10 or 15 people together of random people from your server, you can do well most of the time. Just get a system down and stick to it. BGs are amazingly easy once people know their roles and stick to them. Obviously it's a little different, but it's much better to lay down the ground rules beforehand than trying to figure it out with random people from other servers who probably don't give a **** what you have to say.

I was actually running one night with friends of friends and that sort of thing. Just gave out my guild vent info and we hung out in there. Most didn't have mic's, but were happy to take orders from the guy that was running it since we were winning, heh.

Hero

Premades are the way to go for really easy honor gain, that is undisputed.

However, something makes AV very satisfying in that there's lots of targets for you to attack.

As others said, I'm going to miss Cloak of Shadows when I respec. It really is a great talent and probably the most useful utility ability Blizzard has given rogues.

I'm going to try out Mutilate next. >=)

Ramirez

I really want the fist weapons for my warrior,but I'd have to grind out alot more gear as well for DW to even be a logical possibilty for me,heh.

If anyone here is in beta,is there good fury weapons from quests/instances in the early going?

firex

Ramirez said:
I really want the fist weapons for my warrior,but I'd have to grind out alot more gear as well for DW to even be a logical possibilty for me,heh.

If anyone here is in beta,is there good fury weapons from quests/instances in the early going?
Most of the stuff I've seen in the first 2 parts of Hellfire Citadel (the third wing is like level 68-70) seems to be more fury gear, aside from the 2h axe that's definitely an MS weapon. I don't know if the alliance has the same rep rewards, but at honored with Thrallmar you can buy 1.9 speed one handed axes that are 50+ dps, +22 AP and +11 hit rating. So if you just get a good fury MH weapon you can use one of those axes as an offhand. I forget most of the quest rewards... but in Hellfire, the plate rewards tend to either be +damage for holy pallies or dps. For the most part, if you have BWL gear you won't be getting upgrades from the quests in Hellfire Peninsula, but you probably will at anything for level 63 or so.

8/0/43 Hemo. 3/3 Master of Subtlety 3/3 Cheat Death 5/5 Sinister Calling blah blah. Mutilate or heavy assassination builds probably do more damage (I haven't found a nice offhand dagger to try Muti yet, though), but god damn do 7-800 white crits on cloth after you pop out of stealth feel nice. Premeditation -> Cheap shot -> Eviscerate (while Master of Subtlety's still on) is a *really* quick burst of damage, and I've been really neglecting it until recently.

Alex

Teknopathetic said:
8/0/43 Hemo. 3/3 Master of Subtlety 3/3 Cheat Death 5/5 Sinister Calling blah blah. Mutilate or heavy assassination builds probably do more damage (I haven't found a nice offhand dagger to try Muti yet, though), but god damn do 7-800 white crits on cloth after you pop out of stealth feel nice. Premeditation -> Cheap shot -> Eviscerate (while Master of Subtlety's still on) is a *really* quick burst of damage, and I've been really neglecting it until recently.

Gracias.

As far as mutilate goes; I have a Death's Sting and a Maexxna's Fang to use, and I'm not impressed so far. Poison improving damage or not, when you don't get at least one crit out of mut, you basically can just say to yourself "well, backstab would have done more damage, there".

I haven't had any slashing/blunt weapons before, all daggers, so when I got this GM Sword, it was the first for me. And I am REALLY enjoying it. Omnidirectional attacks are so nice, and sub is so much interesting than assassination.

Heavy subtlety is definitely the most fun I've had as a rogue. And with moderation and Preperation, you can always have the cooldown you need to save your ass.

Hero

Alex said:
Gracias.

As far as mutilate goes; I have a Death's Sting and a Maexxna's Fang to use, and I'm not impressed so far. Poison improving damage or not, when you don't get at least one crit out of mut, you basically can just say to yourself "well, backstab would have done more damage, there".

I haven't had any slashing/blunt weapons before, all daggers, so when I got this GM Sword, it was the first for me. And I am REALLY enjoying it. Omnidirectional attacks are so nice, and sub is so much interesting than assassination.

I tried Mutilate on PTR and wasn't impressed too much. However, I wasn't aware that you can Cold Blood Mutilate, forcing both weapons' hit to crit, which is essentially 2000 damage or so depending on your equipment and spec.

John_B

Alex said:
Gracias.

The difference is not that big when not doing a crit with either attacks. The difference is the point generation. When opening with Cheap Shot + Mutilate you have 4-5 points and plenty of time and energy to use Kidney Shot. If you have Cold Blood up or just crit a couple, you should easily kill any caster and hunters easily, with the exception of the mage.

People don't like Mutilate because they most of the time see two small numbers and not one big one.

explodet

And the freakin' Judgement Breastplate dropped from Nef - the shamans were none too pleased. At least Chrommie dropped a Claw.

I also got my first chance to raid with my 41-pt Enhancement shaman, in a 25-man Onyxia. Was put in the MT's group along with a resto shaman, and gave him an imp Windfury totem and Unleashed Rage everytime I crit. We wiped twice, but it was the most fun I had raiding in a long time. I guess I just needed to switch up from my usual role.

shock33

They're cutting honour gain by 30%. I wouldn't mind so much but I've been able to get on ER Europe about 6 times since the patch. It's been down multiple times EVERY DAY since the patch, often for hours at a time. The only response? One blue post after 6 days saying "Hey, we think there might be a problem on ER"....

firex

So, I'm going to be putting up some pics of arena rewards soon, showing the point totals and stats on most of the weapons + armor sets. Keep in mind I'll be getting shaman sets though, although I did see the 2 different warlock sets earlier. I'll also probably put up some pics of Netherstorm since I used Far Sight to check out most of the zone (at least until I'd get out of the 50k yard range) and it's awesome. I probably won't even be seeing these zones until I come back on my BE pally in retail. Anyway, yeah, I'll edit this post soon with a link to some arena reward pics. Let me just say that they cost way less in points than the regular pvp rewards do, and it looks like the best way to gear up overall is to get the marks + honor for the 3 general's armor pieces, and then get your arena set + weapon. It's set up VERY similar to the HWL sets and weapons, only it's a lot stronger (it's all purple, while the HWL stuff is just blue).

e: Outland is ****ed up and keeps crashing, but apparently the new patch they put in just yesterday (or maybe today, I'm not sure) has added in some new things: a few talent tweaks (I don't even know all of them, just that weapon expertise got buffed up to +10 weapon skill and surprise attacks now increases the damage done by all of its affected abilities by 10%) and supposedly a t5 vendor near the t4 vendor. If that's true, holy shit, now I can go check out t5 stats (at least for shamans and warlocks) although I doubt they have the set bonuses completed. Also they don't have all the arena rewards up yet - there's no pvp healer gear, but that's being added next beta patch.

border

shock33 said:
They're cutting honour gain by 30%.
What a stupid concession to the Rank14 whiners. The nerf seems almost meaningless though. If you could grind out R14 weapons in a weekend, now it takes what -- 3 days? 2 1/2? Still tiny compared to the time and effort required to get R14.

firex

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/lhfirex/shamansets/

Holy shit, they put in the vendor with tier 5... so I took screenshots of all the arena sets, t4 and t5 sets. Uploading now. As of this post I just have the arena sets (healer, melee, caster) and t4 caster, since I can only upload 20 images at once. But t5 is 5 pieces.

e: http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/lhfirex/wowpics/ uploaded some pics I got far sighting around Netherstorm (the dark altar bit looks like Hellfire Peninsula, though, so I may have far sighted my way all the way down south into that zone) and in the shaman sets album, I have a dressing room pic of shaman t4 and t5. There's one difference within t4 - the leggings for healer and melee sets are a kilt while the caster set's just pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom