• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pet speed normalization is the gayest thing ever. It seems like they more and more want to make every single pet exactly the same."

Which is why they're putting in a bunch of new pet specific abilities?

Theyve been trying to normalize pets for almost two years now, it's not anything to cry about. What is something to cry about is if they nerf growl. Hunters are more autoshoot and afk in beta than they ever have been, growl is causing something like 6x the threat it used to.

Zaptruder

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Theyve been trying to normalize pets for almost two years now, it's not anything to cry about. What is something to cry about is if they nerf growl. Hunters are more autoshoot and afk in beta than they ever have been, growl is causing something like 6x the threat it used to.

So beastmaster pets have a good chance of tanking as well as a feral druid?:p

Teknopathetic said:
"Pet speed normalization is the gayest thing ever. It seems like they more and more want to make every single pet exactly the same."

Which is why they're putting in a bunch of new pet specific abilities?

They're not. I'm in beta and the only new abilities are on the new outland mobs.

Teknopathetic said:
"They're not. I'm in beta and the only new abilities are on the new outland mobs."

What happened to Gore for spiders and boars?

Honestly I wouldn't of bothered using the plural form of new ability much less said a bunch of em.

"Honestly I wouldn't of bothered using the plural form of new ability much less said a bunch of em."

Out of all the rumored/reported ones, that was the one I was most interested in (I have a spider on my lowbie hunter).

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
You can get a mechanical yeti that's been renamed a "Greench", a wand that makes people laugh, the thing that turns your mount into a reindeer and some food goodies.

There's no way that the Blizzard Background Downloader or World of WarCraft could be causing my tower on two different computers to lose power is there?

It's an AV weekend this Christmas, so parents the world over are situating their..."special" children in front of the PC so as to keep them out of their hair.

They apparently all rolled Horde. :(

No shit. Between the both Horde and Alliance turtles, AFKers, and griefers, this had to be the worst AV weekends I've ever been a part of. I got enough points to get me a r14 sword though so it wasn't all bad. :p

Characters are Katerp and Sanguina. Haven't really been guilded since I quit raiding back in March. I started with a bunch of friends in our own guild, and one of the smarter things we did before breaking up was make a couple custom chat channels, so we basically never left the original guild even though we are strewn about in Equinoctis, Rampage, DA, and uh... some other random guilds. I don't really see how it's possible to raid without having some similar outlet for mocking the morons in it without repercussion.

Not entirely sure how we are going to work TBC.

Ripclawe

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
No shit. Between the both Horde and Alliance turtles, AFKers, and griefers, this had to be the worst AV weekends I've ever been a part of. I got enough points to get me a r14 sword though so it wasn't all bad. :p

I lost it a couple of games because were refusing to just play and just turtling. I got enough honor for FM hand mail and don julio ring for my hunter. But I don't think I can grind thru to get a two hander for my warrior.

My lock is going to be dinging 60 this sat or sun. My question is with BC coming out in a few weeks is it even worth it trying to get great gear anymore until then?

Ripclawe

Banned
unless you buy it with honor points and you already have decent gear now, I would wait. right now I am just saving up gold and hitting tyrs hand.

firex

I would do 2 things: do your dreadsteed quest for 150 riding skill, and save up a bunch of gold. Also, you could honor farm to get some gear, but I wouldn't worry too much. My shaman has like, 3 epics (all from MC) and the rest of his gear is crafted, or from the elements set, or from a lot lower instance (like my helm, which is horns of eranikus from ST) and I can grind fine in the beta. I think the difficulty of outland has been way overstated by people, because grinding is easy with a lot of blues from instances. And for the most part, the only gear that won't get replaced by around level 63 or so is AQ40 or Naxx gear. Unless you can just jump right in to a guild that farms BWL and get free tier 2 easily, honor grinding is the way to go for gearing up for the expansion.

Ripclawe said:
I lost it a couple of games because were refusing to just play and just turtling. I got enough honor for FM hand mail and don julio ring for my hunter. But I don't think I can grind thru to get a two hander for my warrior.

11 of us BoF rolled SP gy early, and held it no problem for 3 minutes. Then, a mouthbreather claimed Snowfall gy. We were summarily zerged from the cave.

Next game, we rolled it again, held it for 2 minutes. Then, the sheer number of alliance being picked off down round Balinda meant we got zerged again from the cave.

Then it got worse. :lol

firex said:
no, it's about as comparable stat wise as tier 2.

Us dyed-in-the-wool heal-specc folks need DPS gear. I figure it's best for us (the only AQ40/BWL dps gear I've touched is Ring of Blackrock. We have ALOT of up and coming Mages and Locks in BoF, and for some reason no one with +DKP from those two classes wanted it, so we said let our bids stand).

firex

well, definitely for healers I'd get pvp gear. Although, there's also a lot of generic +damage gear from quests/instances early on in outland that I wouldn't go for on my warlock.

Has the difficulty of outland been overstated by anyone? Hellfire at least definently feels like it's balanced as simply another lvl 60 zone. Maybe it's just because it's been ages since I grinded, and the talent changes improved so much, but what I did of hellfire definently felt like a joke.

I wouldn't bother with HWL gear simply because it'd be more fun to get gear as you level to 70. I don't buy that ditching T2/HWL gear by 65 at all anyways. Maybe for certain classes, but hunter itemization has blown so much who cares.

fallout

Been without internet for a little bit ... minor catching up follows ...

Mazre said:
Fishing tourney:

Most importantly set your hearth in BB that way you can hearth and turn in as soon as you get your fish.

Never fish a node if there's more than 1 person there. Ideally you should try and be the only one at a given node, this greatly increases the rate at which you're able to catch fish.

I always had my best luck fishing along the eastern coast but your mileage will vary based on faction/server. Just remember that the pools spawn at any ocean shoreline in STV outside of BB. May have to scope out the competition one week to find the least trafficed areas.

Other than that moving quickly and efficiently and a little luck you'll win.
Good stuff! Thanks.

firex said:
use waterwalking to go from the ZG island to other areas, since I know someone who's won it (he was a priest) and he said there's a lot of fish spawns that can go unnoticed over there.
For some reason, I never thought of that. Great idea, though.

speedpop said:
Well all I can say is Earth Shield with 30% non-interruption heals, 70% non-interruption healing Resto talent and 1.5 second lesser healing wave for 1200 avg heals = unhappy Rogues who don't keep me stunned 24/7, Warriors who don't shield bash and Paladins.
:lol

Yeah, I think just about every rogue cries at the sight of my spinning poop shield. I remember one time, I was stuck in the middle of nowhere in WSG with two rogues on me while my team was ressing. I basically just sat there, turned on ZHC and spammed LHW on myself the whole time while hitting them. Blew warstomp, grenade, etc. Killed one of them and my team just rolled in to finish off the other.

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
Has the difficulty of outland been overstated by anyone? Hellfire at least definently feels like it's balanced as simply another lvl 60 zone. Maybe it's just because it's been ages since I grinded, and the talent changes improved so much, but what I did of hellfire definently felt like a joke.

I wouldn't bother with HWL gear simply because it'd be more fun to get gear as you level to 70. I don't buy that ditching T2/HWL gear by 65 at all anyways. Maybe for certain classes, but hunter itemization has blown so much who cares.
I kept hearing that it was "hard" and way different than previous stuff, but then again that was coming from someone who plays alliance. So he was probably just surprised stuff didn't fall over and give him legendaries.

I'd say Outland or rather Hellfire Peninsula is about as hard as Silithus at around 55 with a giant Morladim/Devilsaur type elite (the Fel Reaver) running all over one shotting people. I think the overcrowding going on in the beta makes it even harder. I know I've died because I can't stop to heal because someone else will steal my mob.

Going into BC, I'd bring at least 50g for all the new skill and recipe training. The cost of riding skill 150 is going down by like 100g in BC, the mobs drop a lot more money in Outland, and every quest gives you like 2g.

The quest rewards in HFP do give you some kick-ass greens but, they're not going to shit on GM level stuff right off the bat. I've heard of people rocking their Tier 3 all the way to 70. Maybe they're just emotionally attached to it though.

Mute

Banned
ontopofifwf9.jpg

ontopofif2oc8.jpg

Mwaha. I <3 Wall Jumping.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oni Link 666 said:
I've heard of people rocking their Tier 3 all the way to 70. Maybe they're just emotionally attached to it though.
:lol

I said to a few of the guys to don't burn yourself out trying to PVP like a man possessed just to get your entire HWL set, let alone the weapons. Just told them to get what they feel they need the most and leave it at that since it'll all be replaced sooner rather than later.

One of our Warriors has already "quit" WoW as she was grinding the BGs more than anyone else. Said to us that she was getting sick of WoW dictating her life - I said that I'll welcome her back in Outlands :D

Mute

Banned
Hero said:
How....how do you do that? I must know.
Well for one you have to have no life. I just spent 4 hours on that shit. One time I made it up and I fell, and then decided I wouldn't sleep until I was back up there.

Meantime

firex said:
no, it's about as comparable stat wise as tier 2.

PvP gear has a ton more stamina, at least for mages. I had 3.4k HP in full tier 2, I'm now close to 4k and only dropped a little spell damage with 3 pieces of rank 13 gear. Losing Netherwind Focus sucks but it's better than getting 2 shotted all the time (I only get 2 shotted half the time now).

SyNapSe

silly questions:

I hadn't done BG's since 2.0 patch as I've been leveling up a new character 53 paladin. As he's 50+ I've started to do some AV's, etc.

I have CT-RA, but I never see my raid groups in BG's. I know I used to previously.. I tried to look through all the options and can't figure out why I only see my party.

I've perused the things that can be purchased from the AB/WSG/AV entrance again, but yesterday I went into the Officers quarters in SW city and I thought it was odd that everything I saw in there required AB or AV tokens. The only thing I found that required WSG tokens was for the black epic mounts. I'd rather play AB/AV so that's fine with me, but I thought it was strange.

Lazy Z

SyNapSe said:
I've perused the things that can be purchased from the AB/WSG/AV entrance again, but yesterday I went into the Officers quarters in SW city and I thought it was odd that everything I saw in there required AB or AV tokens. The only thing I found that required WSG tokens was for the black epic mounts. I'd rather play AB/AV so that's fine with me, but I thought it was strange.

I'm pretty sure that the leggings (both rare and epic versions) require WSG tokens as well. I remember wondering whether I should go for the rank leggings or the WSG ones, and I remember that both required WSG tokens. Although afterwards, I decided to just drop BG's altogether because of the hideous lag in them at the time.

Haven't had the courage to grind honor again since. :)

border

Has it been revealed whether or not the classes that get free mounts (warlock, paladin) will continue to get free mounts? Druids get a flying travel form, so it only seems fair :D

SyNapSe

border said:
Has it been revealed whether or not the classes that get free mounts (warlock, paladin) will continue to get free mounts? Druids get a flying travel form, so it only seems fair :D

paladins and Warlocks dont' exactly get a free mount at 60 by any means. It's possible the same trend will continue.

Anyone with an answer to why I don't see my full raid groups? or am I supposed to in BG's like AV and AB?

firex

Nothing at all yet indicates that paladins/locks get any quested flying mount. Maybe that will be added in, but I actually kind of doubt it.

fallout

SyNapSe said:
I have CT-RA, but I never see my raid groups in BG's. I know I used to previously.. I tried to look through all the options and can't figure out why I only see my party.
There should be an option in the S(O)cial --> CT Raid tab to select which ones you can view (particular groups, or all/none). Shouldn't be any different than a regular raid. You've upgraded CT Raid, right?

firex said:
Nothing at all yet indicates that paladins/locks get any quested flying mount. Maybe that will be added in, but I actually kind of doubt it.

I better get a Fel Dragon as my flaming ass would burn the **** out of any mortal mount.

So where do you guys farm for money now? i hear the in DM Arena area are good money. i need to farm for my mount finally, not cause i want one, but because i will need 150 riding skill to get my Bird from at 68 :p ...and figured i would try to enjoy a mount before then, still rockin my Travel Form :p

John_B

The cheaper mounts were compensation for all the skills the warlock and paladin had to buy. The druid being the most expensive class to train gets it compensation in the expansion.

The train cost will not be that different between classes in the expansion, so none of them gets compensation.

Ripclawe

Banned
Nobiru said:
So where do you guys farm for money now? i hear the in DM Arena area are good money. i need to farm for my mount finally, not cause i want one, but because i will need 150 riding skill to get my Bird from at 68 :p ...and figured i would try to enjoy a mount before then, still rockin my Travel Form :p

I need to check that out, I am still working Tyrs hand which is alright for coin drops larger than 20 a npc and runecloth.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
John_B said:
The cheaper mounts were compensation for all the skills the warlock and paladin had to buy. The druid being the most expensive class to train gets it compensation in the expansion.

The train cost will not be that different between classes in the expansion, so none of them gets compensation.
By that logic, that would mean Shaman get something sooner or later. I can't remember the off-hand number in gold that they spend for their spells and abilities, but it's almost as much.. if not more than a Druid.

It was always fun dinging that even number, hitting the trainer and having upto 8-12 spells waiting for you to buy again. Pretty sure there was not a single time I didn't buy less than 6 spells for my Shaman.

Waku

Quick Question: When I was playing the Game last time about half a year ago i had a Health Hud that looked like your usual Space Sim HUD.

For Comparison
fs2fscr6.jpg

The Bars where bend around your Character like in the Bars in this Picture. Left was your Health, Right Pet Health and next t your own Healt was the Targeted Mob health.

Does anybody know the Name of that Plugin? I just can't remember it and i looked around for 2 Hours now without any luck. I really liked that Plugin, looked very nice. Help is much appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it. :lol

For those that want to know it is called ArcHUD

fallout

speedpop said:
By that logic, that would mean Shaman get something sooner or later. I can't remember the off-hand number in gold that they spend for their spells and abilities, but it's almost as much.. if not more than a Druid.
I don't remember the number exactly, but it IS higher than a Druid. Shamans were the most expensive class (training wise, don't jump on me hunters and reagent buyers) last I checked, anyway.

border

Nobiru said:
Not much left that you can effectively farm and sell.....the market is really tightening up before the BC release. I could pull in 300-400g in a weekend in October, but now probably not even half of that since the market for herbs has gone to shit.

I would start mining and give all the ore to a mule alt. With everyone taking up jewelcrafting, I'd be willing to bet there will be a huge market for it after the expansion hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom