• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

The BE starting zone and Ghostlands are my favorite starting zone and 10-20 zone, and I've played every starting zone. Ghostlands is like Duskwood, only with less running and more awesome. Content rocks in both of those zones, even though it isn't groundbreaking in Eversong (the starting zone). For pretty much all BE classes, and even for non-BE classes like druids, shaman, and warriors, the quests give rewards for all of them. I feel that both capital cities are laid out pretty terribly, but I think that's done intentionally so BEs/Draenei who are leveling up don't clog up their capitals and further overpopulate the server that stores Outland + the BE/Dr zones. Eversong is like if they took Elwynn, made it a little less bland/generic medieval village, and then improved on the content a lot. I guess the Draenei zones aren't terrible, but to me it's like this:

Eversong: Huge zone with a lot of quests, easy to find quests, several outposts (to the point that there are 2 inns in the zone) and nothing is too difficult. If you explore, you are rewarded with some hidden quests. The only negative is you get nothing but Silvermoon rep, which kind of sucks because BEs are neutral to all horde but the forsaken, so the spillover into other races' rep isn't as big as it could be. On the flip side, if you were to go to Durotar or Mulgore to avoid the inevitable launch day lag, you could easily hit friendly with orcs/tauren/trolls doing all the quests there. But either way I think I hit honored with Silvermoon at about level 8 or so.

My favorite questline: Probably the one where you get a package for a mage NPC, then go back to his assistants for the reward.

Azuremyst: Huge zone, about as many quests as Dun Morogh, but really annoyingly laid out. The newbie town after you leave the beginning area is right in the middle of the zone, but quests will eventually send you further and further away, and a lot of quests gotten at the same level tell you to go to opposite sections of the zone. There's a nearby alliance camp with a few quests, but those quests also go further and further away. It does have one relatively fun quest where you get to use a disguise, though. Near the north end of the zone, a very pain in the ass distance away, is the furbolg camp with most of the level 8-12ish quests, in addition to the area where you go for the fire totem quest. Quests here are nearby aside from step 2 of fire totem, which is literally all the way down on the southwest side of the zone on a little island. It's about Barrens-level bad getting from point A to point B for some quests and in general they feel really dull. However, one big positive is the quests at the alliance camp: You get a shitload of Exodar rep, AND rep with the NPCs' respective races in the alliance. I'm not quite done with the zone yet and I'm at like 4k honored with Exodar and about 3300ish friendly with the rest of the alliance at level 11. I hit honored with the Exodar at like level 7, and I assume anyone who makes a Draenei shaman or whatever in the expansion will hit honored with the entire alliance either by the time they're done with Bloodmyst, or if they go do another zone like Westfall or Loch Modan.

My favorite questline: Easily the one that introduces you to the Stillpine furbolgs. It gives shitty rewards until the end, but it's very fun and sends you all over the zone at high speeds, without holding your hand through it. The last bit isn't as fun, but it's not the worst quest in the zone.

And just a general FYI for people worried about rep in the expansion: the current general horde/alliance rep isn't that useful. Rep with BEs/Draenei does help a little bit since they have some outposts in Outland, but otherwise they just stuck in places with the least represented races (in terms of content/quests for that rep) for the current horde and alliance: trolls and gnomes. But you don't need anything beyond honored with those races really. Any rep for rewards is brand new in Outland, so everyone's on equal footing (aside from dirty, cheating humans with their 10% bonus).

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Where is the best place to AOE farm with a 60 mage and a 60 priest combo?

Basically the mage is all blues and 3 epics. He's been playing a while but we don't exactly get many items in our guild using the SK system *sigh.* Anyway we need gold and what are our options as far as AOE grinding?

firex

I think what I'd do for aoe grinding for gold is silithus. Clear out lesser-farmed twilight camps, then move up to the rock elemental area. I can't remember if there's a wind elemental area or not, but if there is, dampen magic will make you guys take so little damage that natural regen will probably heal back all the damage you take out of combat, and the possibility of essence of earth/air should help a lot. Plus you can save some of the lesser earth/wind elemental drops and unload them on people looking to rush jewelcrafting up in the expansion. You could also clear out the cave where Vyral is. Anytime I've gone there, it's been pretty empty, and that's some free twilight texts, silver, runecloth and who knows what else. And if you collect a cultist set, kill a templar or two.

I'm probably not the best source on this since my 60s are a lock and shaman, though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
firex said:
I mean, Azuremyst Isle to me is almost like Durotar, except with less content and more running.
:lol Ouch. I ****ing hated Durotar, not because of the expanse (because let's face it.. Barrens is triple the times size of it), but mainly due to those stupid collection quests that took forever to do.

firex said:
Also the Draenei shaman totem quests are really hit and miss.
I'm rolling a Draenei Shaman to fool around on during my boring periods, probably just upto lvl 20 or something to see if their Ghost Wolf quest is as miserable as ours was. Running from south Barrens to essentially Astranaar on foot = a BITCH. Pretty sure we didn't get a warp back item either so you were screwed if your hearthstone was on cooldown still.

Really excited to roll a Blood Elf because the land is just going to be so rich for lore fans like myself. I'd do a Paladin but every other bastard I know is doing the same so I'll probably just do Priest and head into Shadow.

firex

yeah, I still want to hit 20 and see how the water totem quest is. I really hope it sucks ass so they feel the pain of the shittiness of the horde water totem quest... although at least you could get ghost wolf to cut down on SOME of the travel time. fire totem, in many ways, could be worse than the horde fire totem quest because step 1 is grinding for a rare drop. It's just nice that you can do it in the same area as some of the furbolg quests. There's less travel, but potentially a longer time spent on that leg of the quest.

But really, after I get the water totem on my draenei shaman, I won't be playing one in the expansion unless some friends decide to make draenei. And it kind of sucks that I'll be yet another BE pally in the expansion, but I definitely want to play a pally and I don't want to switch over to the alliance.

speedpop

The only benefits of doing the totem quests was the fact that you could see some awesome elementals, but it didn't reimburse the shittyness of running around. Heck the Air totem quest was a slap in the face for me, merely because of how mind-numbingly simple it all was. I was like, great.. and why didn't you do this for my Fire and Water totems?

But yeah I've always taken an interest in the playstyle of the Paladin even though I've never seriously been one, and a friend keeps pestering me about it saying that I should go for it since I prefer to maintain buffs and make sure the party is going ok with my totems and heals as a Shaman. Maybe I will roll one once all the Horde ship-jumpers realise it takes a bit of patience to be the new burst DPS Pally on the block.

I personally think that the new bane for Alliance will be BE Hunters, especially for the casters.

firex

one thing I'm noticing as I level is that the draenei racial HOT spell isn't bad at all. It's undispellable and heals a really significant portion of HP over 15 seconds. it's not so good for shamans (since you can get interrupted by regular attacks while channeling it) but still it's good overall.

and in my experience, BE hunters are pretty weak aside from some mana draining with mana tap. I mean if they're in the silence range then they're already screwed, cause it only lasts about 2 seconds and it's pretty much a melee-only ability. It's kind of similar with warlocks, but in both of those cases it's really just that being an orc has so many more benefits than a BE.

and going by the expansion's racials I'd have to rank hunters and shaman like this:
hunters: 1) Orc by far, since they get a significant +AP boost out of blood fury, and the debuff really won't affect them, even in pvp
2) Tauren/Draenei. The extra HP and warstomp from being tauren adds a bit to the class, especially since most hunter gear in the expansion is basically +AP and stamina. With draenei it's just that they can use their racial on their pet if necessary, and it will heal a lot of HP. Well, and they give their pet 1% improved chance to hit.
3) Troll/Dwarf. With the change to how +weapon skills works, which makes them less useful, these races' +5 bows/gun skills aren't as much of a pve advantage anymore. But stoneform and berserking are pretty nice, especially the latter if you go beast mastery to stack even more haste.
4) NE/BE. My problem with BE racials is they're melee-centric and not very powerful for a hunter. Alliance players who've never been hit by them in pvp will whine and whine and whine about them, though. I mean, it's a far better build with a hunter to go silencing shot than it is to pick BE racials, even for pvp. I'd rather be orc for more burst damage out of blood fury. NE just aren't the overpowered noob choice now that shadowmeld/aimed shot is fixed, finally.

As far as shamans go:
1) Orc/Troll. If your focus is a pve healer, I think trolls are the best with berserking. If your focus is enhance/elemental damage, then an orc is an awesome choice. Blood fury for shamans is +AP and +spell damage, neither one as strong as the pure +AP or pure +spell damage that classes who can't do both are limited to. But still, it's just an awesome racial now.
2) Tauren. War stomp is useful since shamans have no stuns, yes, but in my experience playing a tauren is akin to a giant target telling people to assist train you first. And 5% health is good for any class, but I just think the constant assist trains and being such a huge target in pvp will detract compared to an orc or troll, who at least for now will go under the radar by comparison.
3) Draenei. Yes, I do think they're the worst shaman race because of their racials. The racial HOT is good, the +10 shadow resist is good, +1% spell hit is ok. I suppose if you go elemental a draenei shaman isn't bad, and they don't flat out stink... but the new wrinkle they add to shamans vs tauren isn't as powerful in pvp, and they WILL be targeted easily since they're about as big as tauren and stand out easily.

I do like draenei racials overall, but they don't make great shamans, compared to BEs which are just awesome as paladins (and rogues). However, instead of their racials being awesome for some classes and not as good for others, draenei are pretty good at every class they can be. And if I'm not mistaken, the two different draenei racial auras stack, so a draenei warrior/priest combo, for example, can benefit all 3 other members of a 5 man party.

e: AND the draenei HOT most likely doesn't stack since it costs 0 mana and you could stack it from about 5 different sources in a 25 man raid, but since it's the same across all races (though it may be affected by +healing gear, in which case endgame a healer class WOULD be awesome as a draenei) it could really make draenei powerful in the expansion. If the draenei HOT stacks, then wow... if you have like 3-4 draenei in a raid and your healers are low on mana, they could all stack their racial on a tank and probably keep him alive for awhile. I don't get the formula on how the draenei racial increases as you level, but it starts out as like 50 hp/15 seconds and at level 12 it's around 250/15. At level 70, if I'm not mistaken, it heals over 1k according to Blizzard. Maybe closer to 1100ish. That doesn't sound like a whole lot for a HOT with a cast time and 3 minute cooldown, but it has no mana cost and ANY draenei can use it and it will heal the same amount.

SyNapSe

You forgot this for Orc's also:

Hardiness - passive
25% resistance to stun and knockout effects.

It's an incredible ability in PvP. I was an 60 Orc Hunter before I decided to come back to alliance side, and I loved it. I don't think I even realized just how often it saves you. It's really noticeable when a rogue jumps you and you don't get stunned though.

As a Paladin now it is really annoying. I try to Hammer of Justice Orc's all the time so I can heal but they resisted :(

madara

Are there really some crazy over the top BE character choices? I heard mention purple hair, super spiky, 50s beehive etc.

BE have by far the best hair choices in the game. I wouldn't consider most of em crazy, but theres alot of variation.

Also that orc racial got nerfed. Personally I'd rank NE as still the best choice for hunters, as unlike any other racial ability in the game, Shadowmeld is unique in it's function.

firex

wow, I was wrong about orc shamans. At least right now in beta they get the full AP and spell damage bonus from blood fury that warriors/hunters/rogues and warlocks get.

And maybe the AP version of blood fury will get nerfed, but I doubt that the spell damage one will. It hasn't been nerfed yet in beta at least. I could see level 70 blood fury being nerfed on the AP side since it'd be +282 AP, and that's like... +20 dps for 15 seconds. I didn't include hardiness because I haven't played my warlock in forever and I don't pvp on my hunter yet (and maybe never, since it looks like I won't get him to 60 before the expansion comes out) but it's definitely a big bonus.

Son of Godzilla said:
BE have by far the best hair choices in the game. I wouldn't consider most of em crazy, but theres alot of variation.

Also that orc racial got nerfed. Personally I'd rank NE as still the best choice for hunters, as unlike any other racial ability in the game, Shadowmeld is unique in it's function.

stun resist(yeah I know it got nerfed) + blood fury (280 atk power at lvl 60?) + 5% damage on pets still makes orcs the best hunter class.

Shadowmeld is pretty useless and the agi change hurt NEs a lot.

firex

Playing a little more on my Draenei and Bloodmyst Isle is a better zone by far. It can't compare to Ghostlands, which is just flat-out awesome, but it's pretty good. It feels like a cross between Darkshore and Loch Modan, just replace the natural NE/Dwarf enemies with BEs and remove the atrocious layout of Darkshore.

madara

Hmm my friend is thinking about playing BE Paladin. Im curious how a warrior with "holy" magic works with being on the horde side. Is it more like being shadow knight and you steal blood from your enemy's instead? I was thinking of complementing his choice as tank with a priest but there seems to be alot flack that blizzard didnt really bother with TBC priest improvements or talents. I remember on PVP server fear was only thing I had from not going down in 3secs since priest has gank me tag on their back all time. Now I here that its nerfed as well or at least the duration. Shield bubble never did much for me besides absorb one hit but I get feeling I was ganked by many players 20 levels over me all time so I'll definitely go carebear this time. I guess if I can be a BE shadow priest just as well as an undead one I may give that go. Could try a mage too until I find one I want for a main.

firex

BE paladins don't really play any differently than human/dwarf/draenei paladins, except that they get Seal of Blood (well, and the racials. I'm constantly using mana tap when I can, and arcane torrent either to silence casters or regen mana if I'm low in combat). The story behind it makes it pretty clear that they're not the uptight holier-than-thou assholes that alliance paladins are, though. Also, depending upon what spec you go, paladins are pretty different in the expansion. Protection paladins easily rival warriors for tanking, especially at 40+.

As far as priests go... they're arguably one of the best classes at 70 now. Shadow priests do tons of damage, their new spells are awesome, and in general priests are just one of the better classes out there at 70. Then add in how they're always wanted for groups and there you go. I will admit that non-shadow talents actually are pretty crappy, but I imagine they'll be looked at and hopefully improved a bit before release, or not long after it.

Dracos

I'm thinking about getting back into WoW for the expansion. Right now I have 3 lvl 60's horde on Skullcrusher. I dunno if I feel like dealing with ganking anymore since I don't have tons of time to play like I used to. Do any of you play on PvE servers? If so which?

firex said:
BE paladins don't really play any differently than human/dwarf/draenei paladins, except that they get Seal of Blood

What's Seal of Blood? I am playing a Human Paladin as my main right now so I'm just wondering.

Alex

http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Blood

Paladin Seal of Blood - Rank 1

Requires Level 64

210 Mana

Instant cast

Horde Only All melee attacks deal additional Holy damage equal to 30% normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing 445 to 488 Holy damage at the cost of 148 to 163 health.

Decided to quickly try to level a Rogue to 60 before Burning Crusade...I had a Rogue in full Tier 2 with Thunderfury and Iblis but due to that complication he's now someone elses. So I started a new one and went through 13 levels in a few hours today. Actually enjoying leveling a SECOND Rogue somehow.

On a separate note...I happened to get Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer before I left for Westfall, and put my first talent points into Remoreless...Man was I kicking ass for those two hours.:lol

Azwethinkweiz said:
stun resist(yeah I know it got nerfed) + blood fury (280 atk power at lvl 60?) + 5% damage on pets still makes orcs the best hunter class.

Shadowmeld is pretty useless and the agi change hurt NEs a lot.

How? NE have what, 5 more agi than other hunters? I don't see that mattering or that meaning anything for the agi change.

Shadowmeld is not useless either. Every other racial in the game is some stupid attack bonus or defensive move. Shadowmeld is an actual ability. That + FD and creative pet maneuvering will let you get just about anywhere in the game on your own. Not to mention it still completely dominates in pvp for flag gaurding purposes.

It was more impressive when 1 agi = 2 atk power. Now since the patch where 1 agi = 1 atk power, it's not nearly as nice.

And you can argue shadowmeld all you want, it's still not as nice as all the orc racials. Orc racials help in both pvp and pve. You really can't say the same for NEs.

It comes down to how you approach the game. Increases to passive stats or (Oh how exciting) an activatable increase to a passive stat are about as interesting as mud, gameplay wise. And hey, NE get faster corpse run too! I'd take that over stun resist honestly.

Even then I'd say fury is much better for warlocks and shaman than it is hunters. Hunters get more use out of beserk for a number of reasons imo. And hey, it's slightly more interactive!

But really, racial benefits are so negligible you are best off rolling whatever race you are gonna like enjoy staring at for god knows how many hours.

Back before 2.0 when blood fury only added to melee attack power and spell power, I would agree that the racial bonuses are negligable. But almost 250 ranged attack power every 2 minutes? That's pretty strong. If I pop that + devilsaur eye, that's 20 seconds of 400 extra ranged attack power every two minutes. And now that pets actually don't suck anymore, the 5% extra pet damage helps out too. Really though I think the change to blood fury to include ranged atk power is what pushes orc hunters over the top.

Well if you wanna be fully accurate, it'll be around 280 at level 70.

That's an extra 20 dps, for 15 seconds that's an extra 300 damage for autoshooting. With 25% crit, that's 300 + 300(.25)(1.30)= 397.5 damage.

It's a 56 damage increase to arcane shot, and 84 to steady. 15 seconds is 3 arcanes even if talented, which leaves 10.5 seconds for steady shots. Let's assume complete magic land where your bow somehow lines up perfectly with steady shot, and you can fire 5 of em without interrupting autoshot. That's 56*3+85*5 = 705 damage, with same crit math that's 934.125 damage.

Total of 1331.625 extra damage.

Which is what, 2 maybe 3 autoshots (There's no way it's 3 autoshots at lvl 70)? Every two minutes you get 2 autoshots. And this is assuming absurdly perfect conditions. I'd say that even if you blow rapid fire while furied you wouldn't approach that number. Might not even with devilsaur and rapid. Over a 10 minute fight you will do an extra 6500 damage. I don't know about you, but that's pretty negligible. Granted, it's nice for "free" damage, but it's nothing important imo.

Look at it this way. The benefit is about half what getting an improved blessing of might instead of a normal blessing of might would be. There's no way that sounds impressive to anybody.

Meantime

Son of Godzilla said:
But really, racial benefits are so negligible you are best off rolling whatever race you are gonna like enjoy staring at for god knows how many hours.

So says you. I wouldn't trade escape artist for anything :)

Plus, I like looking at gnome man-ass.

firex

It's really nice to blow in pvp though. Use it, then aimed/arcane/steady/auto and it'll give a nice boost to that burst of damage.

What's really gross is how orc warlocks can practically negate the penalty once they get fel armor, so it's just a racial ToEP for them. But what I really like about the new blood fury is it stacks with trinkets that do similar effects.

I really feel like the main reason I wouldn't want to be a NE/BE hunter is for the noob stigma that's attached (and will be attached) to them, though. Shadowmeld/aimed shot no longer working like it used to is just the second reason I wouldn't pick NE hunters. Well... and dwarves also get yet another advantage against rogues, and it can even help in pve stuff like huhuran or some of the expansion bosses that do poison damage.

I actually like all the changes to racials, cause to me it now makes picking a race feel a lot more significant than before. Maybe not on the alliance side, but definitely on the horde. No more undead being best at all their classes due to WotF, and there are genuine advantages/disadvantages for each race.

Like Firex says, it's great in pvp, especially if used with rapid fire. It also helps in long boss fights or fights where every little extra bit of dps helps (for instance, Patchwerk or Thaddius enraging with a few percent left). Overall it might not be that big of a deal if you already have a lvl 60 hunter, but if you're thinking of rolling a new hunter, there's really no reason not to make it an Orc, unless you just hate being horde.

Well, male orcs look terrible in general and even worse as hunters, so that's the biggest reason.

Really, I'm dissapointed how worthless the BE mana regen thing is. 30 second cooldown plus GCD on the charge is just harsh, and not even getting 500 mana after 3 charges is terrible.

But honestly I'd say that BEs make the best of any class they can be just for how overblown everything about them is. Who can resist the Goku in dipends look the guys have or girls that don't even bother aiming?

madara

Anyone happen to know how many patches you go through to log into WOW for first time? I told my friend he may have to open his account earlier and keep trying to log in and get hit with this patches. Otherwise I tried and only got hit with 2, last one being 1.12.0 so that cant be right. I bet you need have valid account and then when try log in it will keep finding years worth of content your missing. Wish would just do one big one from the start and be done with it.

I think they combined all of the old ones into one and then theres 2.0.1. I know I only had to install 2 when I reinstalled the game recently because of a problem with BC.

madara

I hope I am on the last one, its called Patches 144mb. It downloading so slow its not even funny, 10kb. I have my MS firewall off. I added Blizzzard Downloader Exceptions but this 63.241.131:6882 connection remembers me of 28.8 days.

speedpop

Apparently that patch will come automatically with Burning Crusade. It's merely just a patch for those that won't get Burning Crusade when those servers go live.

madara

Cripes let me guess 15-10 FPS in this game is terrible right? I turn off stuff like dynamic lighting and game looks all dark and crappy so I feel I need keep them yet my 2001 pc chugs from it. Really didnt want upgrade until end of 07 but I may just do something crazy here. Otherwise my friend with fancy pc is going be annoyed at my laggy excuses.

What's up guys. I downloaded the 10 day trial at the beginning of Christmas break, and I later bought the game after Christmas. Right now I'm a lv22 dwarve warrior named Goinio. Basically I've been chronicling all my adventures on another site I can't talk about here lol.

But anyway although I'm lv22 I'm still a noob. I was wondering if there are any good WoW sites out there you could suggest, other than the game's community site.

Also, are there any warriors in here? What are some good strategies for being the tank in a group?

yacobod said:
if u are planning on tanking

i suggest being in zerker stance and make sure you have a 2h weapon equipped

:lol :lol :lol

He's just joking with you. You should have 2 daggers if you're gonna tank in Berzerker Stance. Speed is everything.

SyNapSe

PhoenixDark said:
But anyway although I'm lv22 I'm still a noob. I was wondering if there are any good WoW sites out there you could suggest, other than the game's community site.

Also, are there any warriors in here? What are some good strategies for being the tank in a group?

While there is a lot of idiocy and nerf class posts you can find out quite a bit about your class from the WoW class forums. In the myriad of troll/nerf posts you will find some generally good best ways to level up for class, best talents for leveling/pvp, etc.

www.thottbot.com - is a great general resource for finding basically any quest, mob, ability. If you have a quest where you can't find <insert X>. You can generally lookup the quest, and someone will have commented on where they found it.

yacobod

Banned
tbh tanking 5 man instances in pugs is MUCH harder than tanking raid lvl content

most 20-40 man encounters are tank and spank, single target tanking is cupcakes, its rinse and repeat, no challenge there

tanking low lvl instances on the other hand will test your skills because

nobody will allow you to establish aggro

assisting a target....what's that? you will have each person attacking a different mob

mages, locks, shadow priests nuking pulling aggro and then running away from the mobs lol

good luck w/that :p

Flambe

PhoenixDark said:

This stuff is probably in that guide but here's my take on it.

I will use berserker rage right before the pull, so I have it building/built up by the time the mobs get there.

As the mobs are incoming, step forward and hit demoralizing shout first so they all focus on you. This makes the whole fight easier to manage and you get rage from them bashing on you.

Next, I'll hit the first one with 2-3 sunders, then quickly tab-target the next mob and hit him with a sunder, and go down the line until they all have one, then stack another and go back down the line.

Usually your group dps will go after the first mob you were on (usually :p) but by the time you're sundering the last, that aggro will have been pulled off. As soon as I see that mob turn away from me I'll nail it with a taunt and another quick sunder before making sure the other mobs are done.

Situational awareness is key as a warrior. When you have the fight managed as above it makes it a lot easier, but you should usually try and orient yourself so you can see the rest of your group (especially clothies). If anything goes after them, you get over there and taunt/challenging shout/sunder until they're back on you.
Sometimes you'll have a pallie or hunter/warlock pet (or rogue sometimes heh) who are designated to protect your casters, but they have to be on the ball as well and paying attention.

As to skill usage. Sunder is the bread and butter as you still swing normally to generate rage (unlike Heroic Strike which uses up that swing). When I have sufficient rage and all the mobs focussed on me, I'll always use Shield Block as soon as cooldown is ready. This is because when you block, Revenge pops up and that's your best aggro-generator.

Speccing Protection can help a ton too, but since you're still levelling that's not a preferred spec. That's fine, I tanked as a Fury warrior all the way up till 60 as did just fine =)

madara

I logged into game help teach my friend the bascis before TBC and within 15mins I had my own stalker this guy keep asking me why I looked so sad. I had 3 duel offers and girl following me around trying to cyber. Oh WoW how I missed thee, home of maturity. Perhaps the rp ones will be abit better :)

Took the plunge and ordered new pc after 6years. Bought monitor now, Samsung 225BW, the game is just gorgeous at 1680x1055 even if Im getting 5fps on this old setup for few more days.

And it doesn't get too hot. My friends laptop can handle WoW just fine even at full settings but, it gets really hot after about 15 minutes and the game starts chugging at like 1 frame every 3 seconds.

firex

I'd personally want more memory for pvping/raiding. But that may not be as important when it's only 25 people instead of 40.

But really, I couldn't see myself playing WoW on a laptop at all. It's a game where you tend to sit down for an hour minimum to play it. Then again, the setup I'm going to do for my next PC will be really comfortable, so I can sit down and relax while playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom