• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my wolf is all about growl/bite. A good taunt is needed to keep things off my case.

However, a giant nod to scare beast, a spell super useful in PvE.

Ferrio

Banned
I DID IT!

I am now an alliance player that can make Savory Deviate Delight. Now to fish a bunch of deviates up....hahaha and sell them for jacked up prices.

Razoric

Banned
ManaByte said:
Just got this:
WoWkeyset.jpg

My girlfriend got me that... it's awesome.

Ferrio

Banned
Random stuff.

Stuff experienced:

-Fast cast (really nice, but it's random so you probably won't get it when you need it)
-100 energy replinish
-Turn into a slime for bout 5 seconds
-Turn into pirate for 1 hour
-Turn into ninja for 1 hour
-Fake death for 10 minutes
-Fear for 10 minutes

Eating the fish raw I've gototn these:
-Turn tiny for 2 minutes
-Sleep for 30 seconds.

Everything and anything. They rock.

Feign Death, Turn into Slime, 10 minutes of random fearing, or, the reason why everyone wants em, an hour long disguise. Ninja or pirate.

firex

I like those and noggenfoggers... that potion, even though it's costly as hell, does some fun stuff. If you've ever seen a person running around as a skeleton with shorts on, that's a noggenfogger. It also can give slow fall or some other fun stuff.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Aww I was hoping it'd turn alliance characters into Horde races. :) Definitely more exciting on the Horde side.

ManaByte

Razoric said:
My girlfriend got me that... it's awesome.

Zboard bashers are idiots. I won't go back to my standard keyboard. I played UT2004 with the gaming keyset last night and it was so much easier to control as I wanted.

akascream

Banned
The problem with zboard stuff is you acustom yourself to using one so you're completely gimped when playing on your laptop or another machine (which I find myself doing all the time).

Definately considering picking one up though.. if only for the novelty.

Alex

I'm looking to spread out a little, and make a new character. Any GA members need another person to play with, or have some room in a guild? Not sure what I wanna play though, maybe Preist. I miss my WHM big time.

Alex

Oops, sorry for the late reply. That sounds good to me, go ahead and PM me and we'll work out some details.

Fer: You should come play with us then for awhile, t'would be fun. I've never played one of these with GAF before. Although, outside of classic UO and FFXI, this has been the only one I've really stuck with.

Tamanon

Banned
I PM'd both you suckas, let me know what server. I want an alliance alt.

-edit-

And damn my noobness, I couldn't get Wands to work for the longest, not realizing you actually have to move the Shoot button to a macro instead of the Wand itself, GRR!

Alex

I've started mine, Mal, Tam. So see you soon, I guess, I'll send more PM's in a bit.

Also, I agree with the unruly folks on the Bliz forums that Wands should have some form of auto shoot.

Malakhov

Banned
What's your name Alex? I know Tam's is Tamanon but I dont know yours. I'll start mine tomorrow since I have a day off, I'll probably at least get lvl 10-12. Not sure if I'm gonna play a paladin, hunter or druid yet.

Alex

I made a Human Paladin named Serenade. Got to LV.6 so far, I'll probably stay up a bit more and crank it to 10, since I have tommorow off.

hobart

I'd love to start an alt right now... but with a mere lvl22 Paly on Bonechewer... I still have plenty to do.

Fucking servers.

akascream

Banned
Bah, alliance on Cenarius is worthless. Every bullshit thott wanna be following Afterlife around like that annoying dog on bugs bunny. Besides, horde is superior anyway. :rock

Malakhov

Banned
Uh yeah, that must be it, I didn't even know they were on Cenarius.

Horde 4 ever but it's a nice change to be playing a night elf hunter now, she's up to lvl 9 already!

akascream

Banned
Uh yeah, that must be it, I didn't even know they were on Cenarius.

You misunderstand, I wasn't saying that's why you were playing alliance, but why I personally found it irritating playing the faction on this server. Alliance outweigh horde 3:1 on Cenarius.

PC Gaijin

Has anyone stopped playing yet? I got the game at release and with the days added for the server fuckups my sub ran out today. I haven't been able to put the time into the game that I've wanted (playtime is still less than 2 days total) and won't have the time for the forseeable future. I still enjoyed the game and hope to come back to it someday (as long as Blizzard doesn't pull any Square-like bullshit of deleting chars after 3 months).

nataku

I was on the verge of quitting a while back because of mass ganking, but decided to take a little break instead. Now that I cam back I find myself wanting to quit again. Spent the past few days (5+ hours each at least) trying to find instance groups, but can't get in a single one. I'm having flashbacks of FFXI and LFG on my Dragoon. Only difference here is I don't have some flag next my name that shows me LFG... I have to type it in the chat every few minutes and actually be at my PC for those 5 hours.

I've had people invite me, see that I'm a Hunter, and then boot me without warning. See people say things like "LFM Uldaman pst" and when I tell them, they never reply. Hunters are really fucked when it comes to trying to get instance groups and quest groups. Even my guild doesn't want me. Say things like "Lets get a group together for Uldaman / ZF / Maraudon" and no on replies. Sure, I could go grind and deal with the ganking, but that's boring as hell. I don't want to do nothing but grind all the way to 60. Might as well be playing an offline RPG if I just wanted to solo all the time.

Alex

Grouping isn't really hard. At least not for me it hasn't been. It's not a pick up n play breeze like it was exaggerated to be, but all you need is a reasonably decent guild.

Not sure where the Hunter hate comes from, I got mine to 35 and haven't experienced any. High ranged damage, debuffs and a very solid extra tank is a bad thing?

Group wise, the biggest problem I find is the utter lack of people playing the lighter caster jobs. With so much of the game being soloable, there's not much incentive to play as something that'd get chewed up compared to a Paladin or Hunter.

nataku said:
I was on the verge of quitting a while back because of mass ganking, but decided to take a little break instead. Now that I cam back I find myself wanting to quit again. Spent the past few days (5+ hours each at least) trying to find instance groups, but can't get in a single one. I'm having flashbacks of FFXI and LFG on my Dragoon. Only difference here is I don't have some flag next my name that shows me LFG... I have to type it in the chat every few minutes and actually be at my PC for those 5 hours.

I've had people invite me, see that I'm a Hunter, and then boot me without warning. See people say things like "LFM Uldaman pst" and when I tell them, they never reply. Hunters are really fucked when it comes to trying to get instance groups and quest groups. Even my guild doesn't want me. Say things like "Lets get a group together for Uldaman / ZF / Maraudon" and no on replies. Sure, I could go grind and deal with the ganking, but that's boring as hell. I don't want to do nothing but grind all the way to 60. Might as well be playing an offline RPG if I just wanted to solo all the time.

That's pretty humorous, as I was a dragoon in FFXI and am now a Hunter in WoW also. Difference is I never have problems getting a group, and I actually was invited to my guild because they wanted more hunters.

Also, I figure this is a good time to show off my new mount! That thing was a bitch to farm for.
mount1.jpg

nataku

I think part of the problem is the Alliance players on Illidan... most of them are complete morons who don't do anything except sit in IF at the AH. They hardly ever seem to organize to take care of ganking parties or anything like that. I often see people in the same area, doing the same quests, all solo. Ask them if they want to group up to take care of it at once, but never get a reply.

Hunters are fine. DPS, and the pet can help with adds beyond what are poly'd etc. I dunno. No class is bad when it comes to grouping really. If your own guild won't even group with you... Maybe it isn't because of your class?

Kweh

Hunters piss me off the most in PvP, especially if they get the jump on you. It's more often than not a choice whether to take out the pet or the hunter first. I almost always root the pet, but then I'm under concussive shot so i never reach the hunter in the end. The pet unroots and finishes me off ><

akascream

Banned
I've had people invite me, see that I'm a Hunter, and then boot me without warning.

People are stupid. With lots of AGI, hunters do almost broken amounts of damage, and have CC in the form of thier pet.

I bet you are on a PvP server. Not that there aren't tons of idiots on a regular one, but trying to group on a PvP server in WoW is a depressing experience. Assuming you can even find a group, they all outlevel the content and nobody knows how to play as a team.. they all just solo together. Nobody is really specced for anything to do with PvE either.

I almost always start the group. Never really had a problem getting one together. Just use /who class lvlrange and try to get a balanced group.

I went through Maraudan last night, and oh man it's the most boring ass thing ever. There's just something so fucking boring about instances full of beasts. WC and BFD were the same way too.

Got into a guild last night. Excited to see I was the first rogue in the guild, that should help cement things. Rogues are a lot of fun, MIGHT ditch my hunter. Go undead!

akascream said:
People are stupid. With lots of AGI, hunters do almost broken amounts of damage, and have CC in the form of thier pet.

I bet you are on a PvP server. Not that there aren't tons of idiots on a regular one, but trying to group on a PvP server in WoW is a depressing experience. Assuming you can even find a group, they all outlevel the content and nobody knows how to play as a team.. they all just solo together. Nobody is really specced for anything to do with PvE either.

Earth to you: Join a decent guild.

And this isn't just a problem with PvP servers. Matter of fact, it has nothing to do with pvp. I found the same thing to happen in closed beta. The problem is that any retard can level to 60, totally solo, with minimal grouping on quests. People play easy mode to 60, and then play like retards when they hit hard, group oriented content. Like I said, find a guild absent of retards, and then only group with them whenever possible.

But nice effort at trying to down pvp players. At least we don't run around hugging and blowing kisses at the opposing faction.

akascream said:
I'm talking about guilds too. I have a circle of people that I consider worth playing with on a regular server. I gave up on my pvp toon though. Literally impossible.

So, even good guilds play absolutely retarded just because they're on a pvp server? Your circle of people "worth playing with" would all of the suddent not be worth playing with if they were on a pvp server? Come on. Your problem has everything to do with people being able to do nothing but solo. Not what rule set the server is under.

And FYI, if a player knows what they're doing talent wise... You can be viable in both pve and pvp content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom