• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

border said:
Don't Engineers already have a Net-O-Matic ray or something?
We do! It's a trinket (ugh) on a 10 minute cooldown, it works about half the time (if that) and can only be used by engineers. Granted, this can only be used by tailors, so I guess it's not all bad.

explodet

Cripes, it's going to take me forever to level up - I'm only halfway to 61, meanwhile I've got guildies who are already almost to level 62. I guess that's what I get for having a job! :lol

Questing outside became painful with the crowds and the lag as the evening went on. Thankfully being an epicced out mage I was killing stuff twice as fast as a lot of other players.

Ran through the Furnace last night with some guildies. We were all Tier-2'd out so it was a breeze - although the last boss did give us a bit of trouble as we didn't have a priest. The instance also decided to punish us by having two of the drops be priest loot.

firex

Just as a tip for that blood furnace end boss: you can sheep or fear or whatever the last channeler NPC until everybody's debuff fades, then kill it quickly before it reapplies it to anyone.

xabre

Banned
How's Druid PvP these days? I hear they've been buffed significantly in recent times.

Very much enjoying the expansion so far. The first place you zone into when going to outland is bloody huge. Very inconvenient though, I haven't come across a bank yet and I don't think there are any in outland either...and no class trainers :(

Another question, if I ever format my computer does this mean WoW + BC is going to be an eight disc install? Jesus.

Tamanon

Banned
xabre said:
How's Druid PvP these days? I hear they've been buffed significantly in recent times.

Very much enjoying the expansion so far. The first place you zone into when going to outland is bloody huge. Very inconvenient though, I haven't come across a bank yet and I don't think there are any in outland either...and no class trainers :(

Another question, if I ever format my computer does this mean WoW + BC is going to be an eight disc install? Jesus.

There's a bank in Shattrah. Along with portals to all the cities. Just go west to Zangarmarsh then head South, follow the road, easy to spot.

fallout

xabre said:
It's really, really hard to kill a druid, especially when they know what they're doing. Levelling a druid solo through STV on a PvP server was some of the most fun I've ever had in WoW. I was a cheap bastard, too. It was really easy to get away from fights and it was even easier in STV because of the terrain.

Yeah, the fact that there isn't a DVD option annoys me. Unless there is one and I'm not aware of it. That would be most annoying.

Milpool

I got sick of installing from 4 disks and decided to try burning all the files and folders from each CD onto a single DVD, and it works, goes to 100% without prompting for a disk change.

firex

I did something similar to install the game, it's just that I copied the CDs to my hard drive.

e: and my paladin's only level 18, but most importantly, I'm having fun! And I can't wait to hit exalted with Tranquillien and get that cape that can last until... I don't know, probably level 40.

yacobod

Banned
i rolled a be paladin last night just to check out the zone, hit lvl 10 before calling it quits, i think i'll continue playing this class

i'm having a hard time figuring out what i want to play tho, i just started on a hunter as well and have it up to lvl 31, so idk

My Paladin hit 62 last night during my first runs of Hellfire Ramparts and the Blood Furnace. Both are really cool and at times challenging to solo heal especially for a Paladin. Got that nice new mace in Ramparts off the second boss. Picked up some new boots as well.

My Dranei Shaman hit Level 12 this morning in my free time and my Blood Elf Paladin is Level 8. Again just reiterating that I love both starting areas and both races. Really enjoying Burning Crusade as a whole.

I haven't even touched Outland yet. My Blood Elf Paladin, "Belf", however, is sitting pretty at level 16. Dethecus Horde says hi and wants you to come play with me.

Zaptruder

Banned
My poor hunter... I left her after giving away my gold months and months ago...

and now I've come back to a character immaculately equipped in blues... I don't know if I want to keep with her or start a new hunter (dranei).

Ah... I kinda wanna play a rogue, but my reason is as shallow as the fact that I *love* the art of the female BE rogue about to strike a heavily armored dranei warrior. The dranei's armor in that picture exists, but not so much the BE's armor; kinda like T2 rogue armor, but with more skin showing, and red all over, instead of black and red.

To be honest, I don't know what to play... I'd prefer to start on a new server, but then the new server has mostly dranei and blood elves playing... and a good deal of them are the new unique class for the faction (shaman or paladin). Shaman is a class I've never really played, while Paladin, I've only gotten to about lvl 30.

Hunter is a class I love to play, because of my familiarity with it, but at the same time, it's the only class I've ever brought to 60, so I think I'd just be wasting time on it...

Is there anything particularly special about BE racials for rogues? And is it worthwhile playing a rogue on a PVE server?

I'm currently leveling a dranei hunter on a PVP server... never played on a PVP server seriously before... but the server is a couple months old... the new BC server (released on BC launch) for oceania is a PVE server unfortunately.

When I saw the first screenshots, what I really wanted to play was a Blood Elf Warrior... of course warriors were replaced by hunters... and I'm not sure I really wanna do the whole paladin thing again... there's a whole bunch of them anyway on the new server.

Maybe I should try a shaman on the PVP server... they're insanely strong in a solo fight aren't they? Certainly, I know they love to rape hunters. :p

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How do the new Races Dranei and Bloodelf play to the existing Classes?

Seems like the Health/Mana restore racial traits, respectively, could have a big effect.

SyNapSe

ToyMachine228 said:
My Paladin hit 62 last night during my first runs of Hellfire Ramparts and the Blood Furnace. Both are really cool and at times challenging to solo heal especially for a Paladin. Got that nice new mace in Ramparts off the second boss. Picked up some new boots as well.

Are they real hard? That's how I was planning on leveling, but I'm going to be probably poorly geared compared to people going in with Tier 2 & GM stuff. I just hit 59 on my Pally last night.

I had been hoping to hit 60 just before the expansion.. I PvPed quite a bit all along thinking I'd be able to pick up a decent set of 4 or so of the old rank 10 equip do a few instances and then move on to Outlands. Clearly I didn't quite make it, but as someone still leveling they've really trivialized most of what you can do and get leveling in the 50's. I got a nice drop last night and realized I may as well vendor it.. something that would have sold nicely before will look silly on the AH up against the Outland stuff.

I guess I thought all the gear would be level 61+, but I'm able to buy items 57+ on the AH that are equal to Rank 10/MC type gear. I replaced two of my Lightforge pieces with random greens off the AH. Why would you ever try to complete your Tier 1, or the new Tier .5 set or do MC, ZG, etc. Hopefully they'll sweep back through over time and improve some of the gear & rewards. I guess I'll just save all the marks and PvP honor I saved up to purchase equip at 60 for later.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just hit level 31 on my Blood Elf Mage. Wont be catching up with the level 42 BE Paladin on my server though! That's crazy leveling!

Tamanon

Banned
The first few Hellfire instances aren't hard at all. Just be a patient puller, watch for pats and don't freakout when rogues suddenly appear:)

madara

Wes said:
Just hit level 31 on my Blood Elf Mage. Wont be catching up with the level 42 BE Paladin on my server though! That's crazy leveling!

Hail and Homage to Anasterian Sunstrider, that is some fast paced leveling! Didnt take blizzard two years to finally release this expansion? My blood elf priest is only level 7. I cant imagine being in such hurry you fail to see the gorgeous surroundings all about us. I must have spent 3hrs in silvermoon city itself. Then I want to make sure I try to get a group in all instances even if the gear is garabage now. But I suppose if you repeatedly did them before their luster could fade. Most of them will be all new to me.

nsb

Where's the closest class trainer when you're in Hellfire Peninsula?

Edit : OK, didnt know there were no class trainers in Outland :/

Ferrio

Banned
Half way to 62. Hoping to get to 64 since that's where I left off in the Beta. So far so good... except my Geforce 8800 crashes at a certain part in Terrokar forest.

xabre

Banned
firex said:
I did something similar to install the game, it's just that I copied the CDs to my hard drive.

I might try something like this. Copy the discs into a folder on the hard drive and create a single ISO file to install with Daemon tools.

Only trouble is no hard drive space :(

xabre

Banned
Oh yeah, anyone else take note of the uneasy truce that seems to be going on with the Alliance and the Horde in Hellfire Peninsula? There's the occassional gank and a little bit of PvP around the capturable sites (stadium, overlook etc) but it generally holds true. I often run past whole packs of alliance on my own and don't get touched. Facinating stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya there's almost no fighting my server too. Seems odd but I expected it. Everyone knows if they start ganking, they'll just get ganked back and then they won't be able to level.

Once people hit cap, then ganking will occur in massive quantities.

firex

xabre said:
I might try something like this. Copy the discs into a folder on the hard drive and create a single ISO file to install with Daemon tools.

Only trouble is no hard drive space :(
I didn't have to make an iso or use daemon tools. Just run installer.exe and it will install.

LiveWire

Ferrio said:
Ya there's almost no fighting my server too. Seems odd but I expected it. Everyone knows if they start ganking, they'll just get ganked back and then they won't be able to level.

Once people hit cap, then ganking will occur in massive quantities.

Horde haven't attacked me yet, but I've killed a bunch of them without provocation. You guys are on carebear servers! :p Now's the time to rack up honor points while they're ripe for the picking! :D

xabre

Banned
fallout said:
Pfft. Not on my server with my guild. Red == dead and since it's a PvP server, there's a ****-ton of red. :)

It's not practical; you gank them...they gank you and then you can't get shit done. In a way though, I hope shit erupts (I'm nearly ready to move on to other zones so I don't care as much), there's that many fvcking people running around at the moment that a full scale war would be a sight to see.

ManaByte

EIGHT MOTHER****ING HOURS FOR A QUEUE ON FEATHERMOON

EIGHT ****ING HOURS

8!!!!!

My guild won't transfer off so if I want to play my 60 I have to wait EIGHT HOURS IN LINE to play a game I am paying a monthly fee for.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd say once people grind up more and hit 64-65, Nagrand should bring back the PVP in PVP servers. I waddled my way down there and it's amazing with lots of world PVP objectives.

ManaByte

**** even if I wanted to transfer off Feathermoon for free the transfer is not available.

God ****ing damnit. Either wait all night to get on or don't play my 60. Nice ****ing choice.

madara

ManaByte said:
**** even if I wanted to transfer off Feathermoon for free the transfer is not available.

God ****ing damnit. Either wait all night to get on or don't play my 60. Nice ****ing choice.

Its over already? I guess many feathermoon folks didnt use it as the populace of Sisters of elune was really low.

Questions about Blood Elf area. Is dragonhawk pets you can buy for like I think 50s at top of Fairbreeze village like the past cat carrier ones? They just give you tiny bonus to loot dropping?

Also thoughts on where to get the best cash at level ten in this area? I dont want to level too much, my friend will not be able log in until Wednesday I dont want him to feel to frustated as its his first time. It would be nice though to farm 2 gold and buy him some armor kits, maybe that pet and have silver for his skills left over. I only seem get 80 percent of my silver from quests so far and they cant be repeated, nor do I want exp yet.
Dont think my herbalism or alchemy is profitable much on this new server but maybe I should check auction house again.

Meantime

Ferrio said:

Same on my server. I'm 63 now and I've been attacked once the whole time since TBC came out (a warlock tried and failed to gank my mage while I was fighting a mob, 5 minutes later I killed him while he was doing the same. I hope he feels suitably ashamed :lol ).

Zalasta

Just wait until people starting to hit 70, have nothing better to do than to harass the others that are still grinding their way up to the cap. That's when the real ganking will start. I don't care what kind of servers I'm on, killing people especially with the purpose to tag their named mob for a quest is pretty pathetic. If you can't claim it competitively, wait your turn (it hasn't happened to me yet, but I've had party members that suggest we do the same, which I promptly turned down).

Yes this is a game, but my enjoyment of it does not come from frustrating other people with the sole objective of just doing that. If you yourself like being camped and stuff, then great, I'm glad you are made of tougher stuff. Personally, I don't like being on either end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom