• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

vumpler said:
Only person within 2 levels that's out DPS'd me is a mage... And I have a feeling no one is touching a mage in DPS at 70, but i'm not there yet.
What spec? If you don't mind me asking.

yacobod

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Hey guys... is it worth buying one of those level 1-70 levelling guides?

It feels so chumpy buying into that stuff... but I can't deny it; grinding ****in sucks. Questing is pretty crappy too if it becomes inconsistent.

So what I really need is a good chain questing guide for level 20-60.

You know, to help me get my dranei past the shit parts of the game... I keep saying it, but it's so true; level 20-60, after doing BE and dranei 1-20 feels like a bad game :/

DO NOT PAY FOR IT, you can easily find these guides online for free :D

but the guide is great, i'm using it to lvl my hunter, i'm at lvl 55 at little over 5 days played, so i'd say it works pretty good

PM me for details

Razoric

Banned
Thanks for the link man. this thing is awesome :)

razoric2.jpg

Razoric - Arthas - Level 23

Next time you see this guy he'll be in his 40s or 50s. :)

Anyone here on Alleria server - Horde side? I'm so close to getting back into this game, but I was wondering if maybe I'd know someone familiar that I could bs with for awhile.

I hope not...because I really should stay away...but I miss it :(

So, I'm still wanting to know what Skeletor says. He is the Arathi Basin Battemaster for the Horde in Shattarath for you youngsters. Someone please take a screen and post it here. Here is what He-Man says.

Oni Link 666 said:
So, I'm still wanting to know what Skeletor says. He is the Arathi Basin Battemaster for the Horde in Shattarath for you youngsters. Someone please take a screen and post it here. Here is what He-Man says.

:lol :lol :lol

I never noticed that, other than Battle-Cat (the only one Horde can interact with).

Gloves of Saintly Blessings +13 healing +6 SPR gems, +30 Healing enchant. Kara loot gravy train done pulled up into the station now that we've got 2 groups going concurrently. Also, spending time with the alt now that I've 1. went back Holy/Disc, and 2. our Pallies need assistance in HFP and Zangar.

yacobod

Banned
madara said:
Agh, the Mask in ZF finally drops and a Paladin needs it! Cripes I want bunch something.

lol the paladin rolled need on a cloth helm, sorry about it

but really who cares, u dont need gear for low lvls, just move on and to hell with ZF

i'm glad i havent done any old content instances while lvling this toon, i should hit outlands this weekend for some new content finally :)

madara

Yeah they are pain to do but I do care, alot actually. That mask is freaky looking and want it badly. Plus I been passing not even greeding on all plate and mail drops and idiot needs it. Same idiot that played with graves and wiped us. Just doesnt pay to be nice sometimes. Good adult guild on MoonGuard where art thou?

Taking my angry out on these poor Sprite Darters :lol

Meier

Wow, watching some of that Joana dude's video on google video.. holy shit, talk about impressive (or sad, some might say) stuff! Think I might hit the Swamp of Sorrows today or tomorrow.

Does the guide show how he specs?

yacobod

Banned
Meier said:
Wow, watching some of that Joana dude's video on google video.. holy shit, talk about impressive (or sad, some might say) stuff! Think I might hit the Swamp of Sorrows today or tomorrow.

Does the guide show how he specs?

ya if you download the guide, at the very end of the guide he shows how he specs his guy lvl by lvl or w/e

its nothing special, just a straight forward BM spec, but he kinda focuses on talents that might limit downtime, that others might just normally skip

Ophiuchus

Banned
Hey guys my guilds looking to transfer off of Venture Co because the server is dead on horde side and we cant do anything because we can never find the healers to do it with. I myself play a 70 tauren warrior. anyway I was wondering if any of the GAF guilds on a PVp server would take us in if we transfer over its about 12 of us we have every class besides shaman and priest. If any one is willing drop me a pm

Alex

Prayer of Mending was moved to a 20 second cooldown, Vampiric Embrace was nerfed, Silent Resolve won't reduce threat from Shadow spells anymore.

Pretty silly round of seemingly pointless nerfs, espcially nerfing a PvP aspect of a spell on a class that (Holy/Disc) has pretty severe PvP issues at the moment.

Doesn't make MMO drama any less comedic, though

Druids caught a colossally ouch nerf too, as I predicted!

Warriors blubbering got them a buff...again!

AS THE WORLD TURNS

SaitoH

Damn I really like Prayer of mending. Though realistically, 20 seconds won't be too bad, but there are "situations" when that would definitely be considered a big nerf. Warriors needed a buff to their aggro holding abilities (Not sure what got buffed though).

So Priests crashed a server becasue of the changes?

we shall see how the warrior buff turns out. I still think fury is a bit of a mess but still.

* The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage. The typical warrior should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their rage generation. - awesome for all warriors will also improve tanking quite a bit.

* All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward slightly (about 1%). - Always nice

* "Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat. - very nice an improved aoe threat generating ability.

* The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy. - Very very nice for all warriors.

* "Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower weapons. - more rage for arms n 2h fury warriors.

Also one change coming not up yet.

Charge/Intercept/Intervene will break SNARE effects - increases utility in pvp a little. May actually kill hunters now :)

I still think fury and arms could use a few more things for pvp but I guess they'll wait until people start to get geared up properly before delving into that if at all.

ps druid tears taste like happy

Alex

SaitoH said:
Damn I really like Prayer of mending. Though realistically, 20 seconds won't be too bad, but there are "situations" when that would definitely be considered a big nerf. Warriors needed a buff to their aggro holding abilities (Not sure what got buffed though).

So Priests crashed a server becasue of the changes?

From what I read, I feel sorry for the class, especially the raiding Shadow Priests and PvP Healers.

It just seems rude, to tell them you're going be working on them then turn around and slap them with three very random, but very potent nerfs.

Druids nerf kind of pisses me off. I'll never go Feral outside of leveling, but they're effectively killing off all tanks in the game besides Warriors, in any real situation that is. They needed to be toned down, and I was all for it, but Blizzard, as everyone knows, because we've all been slapped around, doesn't know when to quit with that nerf bat. The nerf would be fine, if they provided the +threat buffs back to the abilities.

Warriors got exactly what they deserved... through the worst possible means. All Blizzard is showing off over and over again is that the more vocal you are, the faster attention is paid.

Blizzard needs to learn to start fixing their game with buffs. Since 2.0 this game has felt like it's had some of the worst live balancing of any online game I've ever played. It's like a roller coster that's only being maintained by slapping it's riders.

John_B

Alex said:
Druids nerf kind of pisses me off.
I'm not sure how effective feral tanks will be after the nerf, but they need to be toned down, they are a bit too effective. At the moment they do 250% dps of a protection specced warrior, and they are infinitely harder to pull aggro from. All this while being very basic and easy to control.

I really want the druid to be a viable off-tank, it's nice with some variety, however it should be an addition, not the new and only choice.

SaitoH

As a priest that's been holy specced and healing in instances since BC was released, I can attest to the fact that Druid tanks are obscenely good. Watching warriors try to tank in instances has been painful.

Alex

Feral tanks *were* good, they've kinda knocked the hell out of them now. The damage nerfs were pretty wild. But to be fair, having that much damage and support for two forms in one tree is a bit absurd BUT they need to bring back the threat modifiers. Without that, it just really hurts the spec too much.

Paladins could use a bit of tanking love too.

I've always despised that this game only had one real tank, and I don't want to see it repeated again.

On the other hand, pre-2.0 my Warlock tanked Onyxia many a time! DM racing for the loss, but I almost always lived!

SyNapSe

Something crazy has happened to Paladins that didn't make it into the patch notes, apparently.

It's hard to get it straight from all the stories, but something like this.. BoP no longer causes Forbearance, and still has it's old timer in place of 5 mins (3 talented). DS and AW now have linked cooldowns. DS still causes Forbearance, and it now has a debuff of -15% damage for the duration. DS and AW have no cooldown now.

Now, I'm 69 and haven't used AW yet, but you can pretty clearly see that they are A.) nerfing retadins B.) Apparently, they were popping bubble then AW and chasing people with increased damage

On the other hand, that would seem to indiciate Holy Pallies can use DS every 1 min! woot4me of course with the downside that you are going to do 15% less damage for the next minute

edit: if this was just to "fix" retadins a bit they could have just replaced repentance.. it's the real problem. It gives them too many options for what Pallies already have

edit: crap, DS is still on a 5 min CD also :( I was ok with the priest targetting bubble change earlier, but now it pisses me off if this is true. They could already dispel our other couple of buffs normally and then mass dispel

Sullen

Wow, it's like they are trying to go out of their way to make shadow priests unwanted in raids again. :lol The vamp embrace change I can almost understand, but silent resolve? Cmon, discipline related stuff has almost always worked with shadow stuff, and now they randomly decide to nerf it? Kinda dumb.

PoM IS pretty useless on that long of a CD, especially because you can't control where it lands next. If I were to fix it I'd give it a 15 sec CD, 3 charges, and make it spread twice when dispersed. The way it randomly disperses really makes it worthless on that long a CD. The only thing I'd consider overpowered about PoM right now is how it gives aggro to the person it's on, meaning priests can essentially do the tanking themselves.

Also I don't understand what you are going on about paladins... AW has no CD? That's an absurd buff for DPSadins.

SyNapSe

Son of Godzilla said:
PoM IS pretty useless on that long of a CD, especially because you can't control where it lands next. If I were to fix it I'd give it a 15 sec CD, 3 charges, and make it spread twice when dispersed. The way it randomly disperses really makes it worthless on that long a CD. The only thing I'd consider overpowered about PoM right now is how it gives aggro to the person it's on, meaning priests can essentially do the tanking themselves.

Also I don't understand what you are going on about paladins... AW has no CD? That's an absurd buff for DPSadins.

No, sorry that was wrong I corrected the DS part later, AW has the same cooldown as before.. just if you use it now, it resets DS 5 min CD also.

Also, man Druids got killed it seems.

firex

Well, these patch notes piss me off even though they don't really affect me any as a paladin. It pisses me off just because yet again, whiny warriors get their way at the cost of ruining viable alternatives to their class for tanking. Plus, the whole "charges breaking snares" thing is bullshit and going to make warriors OP, since if you can't kite a warrior, you can't kill a warrior as half the classes.

So, **** you warriors, I hope they destroy your DPS and give you a hugely scaled +threat so you remain a joke in pvp. If we're going to go back to the dark ages where everyone's beholden to you for tanking, you ****tards should deal lolocaustic DPS even if you're full fury/arms with legendary weapons.

It's just karma for ruining WoW for the past 3 years or so when you were a god class.

yacobod

Banned
firex said:
Well, these patch notes piss me off even though they don't really affect me any as a paladin. It pisses me off just because yet again, whiny warriors get their way at the cost of ruining viable alternatives to their class for tanking. Plus, the whole "charges breaking snares" thing is bullshit and going to make warriors OP, since if you can't kite a warrior, you can't kill a warrior as half the classes.

So, **** you warriors, I hope they destroy your DPS and give you a hugely scaled +threat so you remain a joke in pvp. If we're going to go back to the dark ages where everyone's beholden to you for tanking, you ****tards should deal lolocaustic DPS even if you're full fury/arms with legendary weapons.

It's just karma for ruining WoW for the past 3 years or so when you were a god class.

haha thats funny, you know why doesnt everyone wait til it goes live and see how the changes affect gameplay before QQing?

even tho i sold my warrior 6 months ago or so, i'm glad they are getting buffed, it was sad to see what they have become

i remember the days when warriors were absolute killing machines in pvp wreaking havoc, and hopefully they will return to that lol

never forget

HoR.jpg

DW.jpg

yacobod

Banned
this quote was from a few pages ago

Alex said:
However, Druids need to be ****in taken down a couple notches. I dont give a shit what anyway says, no one at their peak, was even close to the all areas godliness Druids are at now.

seems like someone had a change of heart

Alex said:
Druids nerf kind of pisses me off. I'll never go Feral outside of leveling, but they're effectively killing off all tanks in the game besides Warriors, in any real situation that is. They needed to be toned down, and I was all for it, but Blizzard, as everyone knows, because we've all been slapped around, doesn't know when to quit with that nerf bat. The nerf would be fine, if they provided the +threat buffs back to the abilities.

lesson being......ppl dont like it when the class they are playing get nerfed LOL

firex

Maybe I just don't want to see warriors return to godmode like they were ever since the first or second patch after launch. Maybe I don't want to see the game return to "well we can't run this instance without a warrior tanking" after Blizzard put in alternatives to them as tanks. Call it QQing, I don't give a ****. Warriors were overpowered until 2.0, and now they're probably going to return to OP status (especially when that bullshit "charge/intercept/intervene breaks snares" change goes through) because they can't handle a few nerfs to take them down from godmode and start crying like the immature whiny bitches that make up the entire warrior class.

As long as they don't touch pally tanking and leave them viable, though, it doesn't bother me that much. It's just wrong to have the entire game beholden to one halfwit class played entirely by mouth-breathing retards when there are viable alternatives for every other position in the game (DPS, CC, healing).

Ramirez

Warriors needed the buffs oh so badly...it wasn't just QQing from them. I'm still not going back to mine, got my Draenei Shaman up to 40 almost :p

John_B

The warrior still has a lot of juice going, it just requires some skill to get flowing.

The main tank in our guild is still the best protection warrior I have ever played with. He is very hard to pull aggro from, and it is pure art seeing him control bigger packs, quickly debuffing all of the mobs.

I have done quite a bit of 2v2 now, and there was a team of a paladin and a warrior that we simply could not beat. That warrior executed me for 5.9k, and he was just unstoppable. He constantly made the correct choice, and there was nothing we could do about it.

John_B said:
The main tank in our guild is still the best protection warrior I have ever played with. He is very hard to pull aggro from, and it is pure art seeing him control bigger packs, quickly debuffing all of the mobs.

Yeah same way with our's. He's tanks those big packs in Shattered Halls effortlessly. By far the best Protection Warrior I've seen.

border

Yeesh....warriors receive their first buff in probably 18 months, and it's nothing but bitter, bitter tears (from warriors and warrior haters alike). :lol

It's not even a buff so much as it is a return to where they were previously, and they still haven't fixed the annoying problem of having tactical mastery in the Protection tree.

Maxrpg said:
I just read the changes - Warriors are getting a HUGE boost - and they're going to totally OWN Arena and PVP again.

you really think so? I honestly think the tanking changes are nice but will other threat levels of other abilities be tweaked?

The rest of the changes whilst nice still leave fury pve only, and helps arms a little in the rage department.

the snare breaking element will be nice but it may not even make this patch.

yacobod

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
Firex what warrior class are u talking about? We were overpowered until 2.0? :lol :lol :lol

warriors were OP for a long time, i played one, i was OP, i quit a month or 2 after Naxx was released i think, sometime before they let everyone get r13 and r14 gear

if you dont think warriors were OP, either your warrior had shitty gear, you didnt pvp in groups with healing, or you never specced MS

firex

MrPing1000 said:
Firex what warrior class are u talking about? We were overpowered until 2.0? :lol :lol :lol
The warrior class that did the most DPS and took the least damage and had the most HP is the one I'm talking about. You know, the warrior where they're killable in blues, but just add epics and they turn into superman. Now warriors are going to be unkitable... just great. Someone ****ing assassinate Tigole and Furor so they'll stop jerking each other off as they create more and more warrior gear and leave every other class in the dust.

border

Maxrpg said:
I just read the changes - Warriors are getting a HUGE boost - and they're going to totally OWN Arena and PVP again.
Am I missing something? Is the boost that huge? The only thing that sticks out is a return to pre-nerf rage generation and a slight crit boost.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage. The typical warrior should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their rage generation.
All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward slightly (about 1%).
"Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.
The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.
"Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower weapons.

firex

the TC change is pretty huge. It should make holding aggro on multiple mobs a lot better.

The only things that piss me off are the massive feral druid nerfs (because it's unnecessary, and I don't even play a druid) and the future snare breaking.

Alex

If you were in upper tier gear in old WoW, Warriors were insane. Chalk it up to shit balancing and scaling on Blizzard's part, well geared DPS warriors could level an entire team with a couple of heals.

I used to just run in on my pally, shield up, and drop BoF and heals on one of our main DPS Warriors, hahaha.... bai bai 75% of the enemy team. There's nothing you could do to stop a Naxx geared Fury Warrior, dead in seconds.

And yeah, there's an unlisted change, your teleport abilities, intercept, etc, bust all snares now. Which I am 100% in support of, please go slap some smarmy Mages in their faces.

madara

I never really had problem with druids in WSG I did. Abit more of challenge but actually I had harder issues with well played Shamans.

This game I dont know. More I play my priest more I think itsmaybe only two month adventure before I fold on WoW for awhile. Its just very very wierd coming from older mmorpgs like EQ. I feel no connect or community with this game. Even dozen or so people I have on my friends list, its mainly just a hello, they dont have interest in grouping again unless there is something in for them, where they are in pinch for a priest. Never did a healer before but I darn well remember having to suck up and be extra kind to them in EQ and other games considering how central they were.

Blizzard has shown they have no idea what do with us but take away. What's worse is the more I group up with players be it instances or raids against the alliance I dont think they have clue either about priest class. Why should I be asking 5 times to get into the group with highest tank on raid when I am only priest there and still not have that happen? Why is it when I go out of mana after 15 some greater heals on bad pull or intense battle, the 1-3 paladins in group with 3/4 of their mana cant throw me a heal for change? Or better yet, get damn mobs off my ass that have been beating on me for 2mins. Fade is nice but aint going do crap after 15 greater heals because some groupmate aggro extra mobs.

Over and over I have listen crap like HEAL HEAL!!! or you must not have enough of mana pool when darn well know I been doing nothing but that for 5mins on 4 players, pot included but I am out of mana now and no my spirit and mana isnt gimp but yes you knew ahead time I was shadow priest. Hell if there are more 5 holy spec'd priests on MoonGuard I would be shocked. And after all this hassle what do I find? Most of time tanks are seeing 3 or more new gear items for them per instance. Where I have do half dozen and hope I dont lose to warlock or mage over and over again. I cant figure out if Im playing with 13 year old boys or 13 year old boys trapped in adult bodies but if I have listen to one more paladin tell me how play my class after he runs in without a thought and aggro 8 elites and blames me when I go out of mana, Ill have swear off upgrading through instances. Especially when you have rogue in your party that can at least sap one, boggle.

border

firex said:
The only things that piss me off are the massive feral druid nerfs (because it's unnecessary, and I don't even play a druid) and the future snare breaking.
Yeah, I would have rather they buffed warriors so that they can compete with druids....instead of just nerfing druids so that they can't compete with warriors.

That said, are the druid nerfs really that awful? It looks like their damage got nerfed, but I don't see any changes to threat generation....plus they get all the benefit of the revamped rage generation formula.

And what's the difference between a 25% HP bonus and a 25% stamina bonus? For warriors (whose stamina results in better damage mitigation through blocking), that would be a buff and not a nerf.

* When the duration of "Cyclone" ends, area buffs such as "Leader of the Pack", "Tree of Life", and "Moonkin" will now be correctly resumed.
* "Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health.
* "Dire Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health. In addition, the armor bonus has been reduced from 450% to 400%.
* The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has been reduced by the same ratio.
* "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
* "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
* The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
* "Improved Leader of the Pack" can no longer get critical heals.
* The armor bonus from "Moonkin Form" has been increased from 360% to 400% (to match Dire Bear Form).
* The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.

firex

The thing about feral druids is, before they got their high dps, they tanked because their abilities did more threat per point than warriors'. Then warriors whined, so blizzard nerfed the threat per point on bear attacks... and gave them higher dps so they could still tank.

There's NOTHING in the patch notes about increasing threat per point for bear skills, so it's safe to assume it's not been adjusted. In fact, there's even a nerf on bear mangle's threat increase. The armor nerf is also huge, because armor is the primary way druids can mitigate damage since they have no block/parry. They can still get dodge, but most tank drops are +defense, and so they really only get half as much out of +defense as warriors/paladins do. Plus, bears are really built to get rage by getting beat on, so reducing their armor just isn't right.

And I'm willing to bet the 25% hp/25% stamina change does mean reduced HP in bear form. It just wouldn't make sense for them to list it otherwise. Plus, it's str that's for blocking, not stam!

Again, none of the feral nerfs affect me in the slightest (if I ever do play a druid, it's going to be a Doomkin anyway) but it just annoys me because I can see my class (pally) being up for nerfs next. And I really really want to go prot so I can tank, but I'm guessing the warrior community will shift their whining to paladins next and by the time I hit 70, it'll be all for nothing.

On another tangent, only 2 out of the 4 listed shaman changes look like they do any good, and it's not with elemental. Blizzard, you assholes said you were going to buff elemental!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom