• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo I got the riding skill earlier. After that I had 6g left lol, so I started gringing on some ogres in Alterac to get more and XP, as well as some silk cloth (which sales very well on my server). When I signed out I had like 8g; I put a bunch of stuff on AH so when I get back on in a few minutes I should have enough

Woohoo!

horizon.jpg

Bring me that horizon!

johnsmith

remember me
madara said:
Is there much content left now that I did Mana Tombs and am in Nagrand? I imagine few more instances and hopefully 3 more outdoor zones.

When I hit 70 I had just barely started in Shadowmoon Valley. So basically, i still had 3 full huge zones to do after 70. Netherstorm, Shadowmoon Valley, and Blades Edge Mountains. I've done a lot of shadowmoon valley, but besides a few specific quests I did for gearrewards in Netherstorm and Blade's Edge, i still have barely scratched the surface of those zones. So yes. you'll hit 70 and still have tons to do. Not only that, but you'll be doing the level 70 dungeons, and there's tons of them.. Shattered Halls, Botanica, Mechanar, Arcatraz, Steam Vaults, Shadow Labyrinth, Black Morass (The Dark Portal) are all the level 70 dungeons. If you're staying as a shadow priest you're going to want to do a ton of Shadow Lab runs to get exalted with lower city for the caster mace they sell. If you're going holy/disc healing then you'll want to do a lot of Botanica, Mechanar, and Arcatraz for the healing mace you can buy with exalted shatar rep. While not a level 70 dungeon, you'll probably do a lot Sethekk Halls since the last boss there drops a lot of the dungeon set items.

And then there's farming for your epic flying mount, farming mats for enchants, and gear, and yeah. There's tons and tons to do.

Meier

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=lothar&n=Meier

There's mine. I got this too which I am considering using over the 15 agi/15 spirit ring I got.. but not sure it's worth it. I like the critical strike rating a lot and stamina is nice, but 15 agi is fairly substantial. I've put in the bank for now.. if I get an item that raises my agi a good bit in favor of lowering some stamina, I'll probably swap it in at that point. Kind of forgot my belt is so damn old, I'm sure I'll eventually get an agi belt from a quest reward and then I'll probably swap in the ring to replace the crit rating on the belt.

I intend to get the Expedition Repeater and the Winddancer's Pendant and then I'll probably move on to Zangarmarsh... should be about 62 by then.

Meier

Wow, the rewards for most of the quests in Terrokar are basically garbage.. I guess I'll give it a shot after Zangarmarsh, but I expect I'll move on to Nagrand soon. Looks like you do get some rep in Shattrah which is nice.

Meier

Zensetsu said:
Zangarmarsh is by far my favorite zone yet. So much cool stuff to do and I love the atmosphere. :D Great place.

Yeah, I explored it a teeny bit and got the Horde flightpath.. finally gonna get to Revered with the Darkspear Trolls I imagine. Love the huge mushrooms -- great atmosphere indeed.

fallout

Zensetsu said:
Zangarmarsh is by far my favorite zone yet. So much cool stuff to do and I love the atmosphere. :D Great place.
Alliance get a city on top of the mushrooms. Horde get a shack and a bonfire in the swamp. :(

Razoric

Banned
fallout said:
Alliance get a city on top of the mushrooms. Horde get a shack and a bonfire in the swamp. :(

But that's where Orc / Troll / Tauran / Blood Elf (especially Blood Elf) filth belong. :lol

;p

Meier said:
Wow, the rewards for most of the quests in Terrokar are basically garbage.. I guess I'll give it a shot after Zangarmarsh, but I expect I'll move on to Nagrand soon. Looks like you do get some rep in Shattrah which is nice.

I did Terrokar in small bursts when we had the towers. If not, I just skipped ahead to Nagrand. Come back later for $$$ at 70.

Meier

I love how that UI looks, but I have to run in windowed mode and it only takes up like 60% of my screen.. would probably be way too crowded let alone use too many resources. Sucks. :(

SaitoH

Both of those UIs turned out very nice. I'm jealous of your widescreen monitors!

[edit]

Talking to a GM about a quest ...

gmchatea3.jpg

(just showing his entrance and exit)

madara

Loved Zangarmarsh and Terokkar Forest. Now Nagrand bores me to tears. Ugly cardboard pop out foliage and plants, stv part 2 quests, plus i have like 8 group quests now that I cant unload but seem to all have priest upgrades for me. Figures.. I love how I creatively and kindly ask for help in general , never get any replies and then folks there few mins later have nerve to ask me if want heal them in instance. :lol Not going to happen, I've geared up so many plate and mail users last 2 weeks without help, enough is enough. Couldn't even begin to imagine being forced to go holy. Toying with making holy pally alt, seems to be new healer class and plate drops like 90 percent of time in instances.

Was doing the curator today, many of our usual raiders weren't there so bit of a mismatch of players.

But damn it can be super annoying when u know something is ****ing up but u aren't entirely sure what.

I was tanking curator, easy peasy. Warlock soaking up the bolts, easy there too.

Rogue n warrior tanking the adds. This is where things started to go wrong. I was watching them and the adds were just running all over the place.

Ultimately I think our dps was far farrrr tooo crappy. We have killed him twice before but tonight our best attempt was 53% ugh.

My server is basically a hole...I'm considering transferring off to find a really good dedicated Alliance guild. But I can't really come up with much in my searches...Any tips for a good Alliance server with good guilds on the East Coast?

fallout

SaitoH said:
Both of those UIs turned out very nice. I'm jealous of your widescreen monitors!

[edit]

Talking to a GM about a quest ...

gmchatea3.jpg

(just showing his entrance and exit)
:lol I've totally had that before. Same name too, I think.

LiveWire

ToyMachine228 said:
My server is basically a hole...I'm considering transferring off to find a really good dedicated Alliance guild. But I can't really come up with much in my searches...Any tips for a good Alliance server with good guilds on the East Coast?

Skullcrusher seems ok from my limited experience with it....

Rogue n warrior tanking the adds. This is where things started to go wrong. I was watching them and the adds were just running all over the place.

The adds randomly select a target upon spawning and move directly towards it. After they reach the target they have a normal aggro list and can be tanked. The easiest way to deal with them is have everyone besides the MT bunch up in one spot so melee doesn't have to move around a lot. You'll always take a 3 hit chain lightning but killing the adds quickly is a lot more important than minimizing damage.

Was everyone assisting on the adds? I assume they were your downfall and that you weren't hitting the enrage timer.

Ramirez

I 'tank' the adds for our guild, just cast frost shock as soon as they spawn and they come straight to me and don't hit anyone else...

Hero

fallout said:

I think I've died like four or five times trying to enter/leave the town via the elevator. You're really not missing out on too much.

border

Meier said:
Wow, the rewards for most of the quests in Terrokar are basically garbage..
Speaking as both a warrior and a warlock, most of the quest rewards after Hellfire are crappy. Most of the time you can find better stuff on the auction house. The blues you get from long quest chains are still pretty good, but I wouldn't expect to get any mileage out of green rewards from one-step quests.

It sure does suck ass trying to find "+Crit" melee gear, though. Blizzard made a generic armor type that is supposed to have it ("Of the Soldier" items), but it never seems to drop and consequently never seems to be on the auction house.

fallout

Razoric said:
But that's where Orc / Troll / Tauran / Blood Elf (especially Blood Elf) filth belong. :lol

;p
Heh, on a related note, we tried to 9-man Jaina Proudmoore the other night (lorelol). We got her down to 66%, but only have 2 tanks that got ported straight away (then 2 other people got ported), combined with the insane guard spawn and all the elementals led to a wipe. We did initially try to kite her out, but the guard spawns were just ****ing up the pull way too much. Her AoE doesn't even hit hard enough anymore that kiting should even be necessary.

I figure we'll take her out, then move on to another, more powerful target.

Ramirez said:
I 'tank' the adds for our guild, just cast frost shock as soon as they spawn and they come straight to me and don't hit anyone else...
I'm so glad they changed the threat generation to frost shock from earth shock.

Hero said:
I think I've died like four or five times trying to enter/leave the town via the elevator. You're really not missing out on too much.
Eh ... we have elevators in TB. We're practiced in that sort of thing.

AniHawk

Good ol' WoW. Haven't played it since September (when I reached 60). Maybe I should give it a go again.

...The only pictures I ever snapped during play time:

40dwdg1.jpg

2je6wcx.jpg

3097okl.jpg

I only had one person ever ask me if I was the same Anihawk as the one on GAF. Apparently he just wanted to let me know that he hated my avatar.

etiolate

Banned
Meier said:

Only terrokar reward I kept for awhile is the wolf mask. The bone wastes wuests have some blue rewards, but thats past 65 stuff. Nagrand has some of the best quest rewards in Outlands.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
John_B said:
Holy shit! Lady Vashj got downed by Nihilum, and she dropped this dagger.

fangofvashj.jpg

Rogues will be kings yet again!

Its alright. Blizzard really need to say something about the current state of raiding. Several people are quitting due to SSC. It seems like they barely tested it...Lady Vaaj respawned, 45 min-1 hour trash respawn, bosses aren't tuned enough, required consumables, and ridiculous trash mobs. Also tempest keep is even worst with double the amount of trash it takes to get to the first boss(about 80)

madara

Blade Edge, Netherstorm, Shadow Valley, where is best place to go as 67 priest ya think? Wouldnt mind doing one that has best caster items and coming back to others later.

My friends list got hit very hard last two weeks :( Right around Hellfire some of my best players I liked to hang with got bored of the grind and quit. About four and then two actually deleted their characters and rerolled another class. Sigh :(

Sullen

madara said:
Blade Edge, Netherstorm, Shadow Valley, where is best place to go as 67 priest ya think? Wouldnt mind doing one that has best caster items and coming back to others later.

My friends list got hit very hard last two weeks :( Right around Hellfire some of my best players I liked to hang with got bored of the grind and quit. About four and then two actually deleted their characters and rerolled another class. Sigh :(

Blades Edge is the easiest for you at 67. You can do some of the quests in netherstorm and shadowmoon as well. The only issue among these zones is that shadowmoon is heavy on the group quests, and also alot of the quests in shadowmoon are much easier if you have a flying mount. At the same time, shadowmoon has most of the best caster quest loot, so it really is up to you.

fallout

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/tinfoilhat.xml

Silly Blizzard. It's obvious that it's an April Fool's joke because it's a new engineering schematic.

Sullen said:
Blades Edge is the easiest for you at 67. You can do some of the quests in netherstorm and shadowmoon as well. The only issue among these zones is that shadowmoon is heavy on the group quests, and also alot of the quests in shadowmoon are much easier if you have a flying mount. At the same time, shadowmoon has most of the best caster quest loot, so it really is up to you.
I started questing in Shadowmoon after Nagrand. I was 69 and hit 70 within a few quests or so (I wasn't tracking my exp, so that's just a rough estimate). I finished about 90% of the quests there, and while it was a challenge at times, the quest rewards are just awesome.

Then, I moved to Blade's Edge, and honestly, I can't imagine doing that place without a flying mount. I think it would drive me insane, heh.

Sullen

fallout said:
I started questing in Shadowmoon after Nagrand. I was 69 and hit 70 within a few quests or so (I wasn't tracking my exp, so that's just a rough estimate). I finished about 90% of the quests there, and while it was a challenge at times, the quest rewards are just awesome.

Then, I moved to Blade's Edge, and honestly, I can't imagine doing that place without a flying mount. I think it would drive me insane, heh.

Yeah, I did shadowmoon after Nagrand as well. I think the rewards are worth it, but if he prefers an easier time then I would say Blade's Edge would be the best in that regard.

boing down goes Curator, much better dps today.

But Shade of Aran is tough, best attempt was 33%. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so much friggin trash after him to clear when you've wiped a few times. Ugh.

Ramirez

Yea, we're stuck on Shade, best we've got him to is 9% and that was on a basically last attempt no one really gave a shit and we were ****ing around type thing, odd how it turned out :lol

Our main problem is that we started out as nothing more than a guild of 5 friends, but we've grew to probably a 30 man deep guild with alot of 70s, yet we still feel we need to invite the people that were initially with us when we were no more than 8-10 people. Problem is, 2 of those are on 56K and they share a connection, I'm amazed we've got as far as we have because they d/c like crazy. It sucks, they're good people and generally good players when they're not lagged out, we just don't know how to go about it really, because we could probably easily fill the raid with a group that could smoke the entire place, just don't wanna step on toes to get there. :|

madara

I fear dungeons if Mana tombs is indicator. I hope it was the pally that was Ret spec today with two we ran. When four of your groupmates suddenly loose 80 percentage of their health in 3sec window choices have to be made. Tank couldnt keep agro save his life, so I pray just him. :lol

Just got this Prayer of Mending. Does it have applications outside of a raid? 800 heal on the next hit and bouncing to group members maybe something to toy with if I am reading this right and works in groups not just raids.

madara said:
Just got this Prayer of Mending. Does it have applications outside of a raid? 800 heal on the next hit and bouncing to group members maybe something to toy with if I am reading this right and works in groups not just raids.

Prayer of Mending is one of a Priest's best friends. As a Paladin I'm always wishing I had some sort of group heal, or HoT. Priests and Druids should put theirs to good use.

firex

I've been messing around with world pvp some, and I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard needs to implement a hard population cap. on my server it's just 2:1 alliance:horde, but that alone makes world pvp impossible. I mean it's either that or they rename the world pvp objectives to "alliance zone-wide buffs" because there is zero way for the horde to control anything for more than a minute, unless it's at 4 AM server time (and even then, you're likely to run into a bunch of Conquest catasses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom