• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

oh yeah, I forgot that aura. that aura's probably as good as 5 expertise, plus it'll be good while grinding.

actually, all the paladin races are pretty good. I can't think of a bad one, really, since they all have advantages. especially for tanking.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Son of Godzilla said:
Earth and frost shocks are plenty of CC.
eh, they're fairly weak as far as CC goes.

i'd like to see a Wind Shock added. We have shocks for the other elements, why not air? could cause moderate damage and create a knock-back effect which will help the shaman kite when they need to.

if we can't have more powerful CC then maybe something for survivability? Ethereal Form would be in keeping with lore and the kinds of abilities you'd expect a Shaman to possess (i.e. Ghost Wolf). Would help to get a heal or two off against melee classes.

firex said:
oh yeah, I forgot that aura. that aura's probably as good as 5 expertise, plus it'll be good while grinding.

actually, all the paladin races are pretty good. I can't think of a bad one, really, since they all have advantages. especially for tanking.

Yeah, they are all good. I don't think you can go wrong.

One thing about expertise-that 5 points yeilds about 2.5% or so hit when tanking a level 70 mob at level 70, since 1 point of expertise reduces the chance that the mob will dodge by .25% AND reduce the chance that the mob will parry by .25%. There's also a benefit here since, on most mobs, if the mob you are tanking parries a swing, the next attack from the mob will be hasted (and vice versa if you parry a swing). This can result in some spike damage scenarios on hard hitting mobs.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Scrow said:
i'd like to see a Wind Shock added. We have shocks for the other elements, why not air? could cause moderate damage and create a knock-back effect which will help the shaman kite when they need to.

if we can't have more powerful CC then maybe something for survivability? Ethereal Form would be in keeping with lore and the kinds of abilities you'd expect a Shaman to possess (i.e. Ghost Wolf). Would help to get a heal or two off against melee classes.
Wind Shock has always been a topic that was discussed and I'd like to see it get implemented as well.

Totally forgot about Spirit Walkers. Best way for that to pass is it being a talent-focused ability - probably in Restoration. Invincibility against melee classes will cause a huge uproar though, so I'd probably stick it in the same way that maybe Shadowform does for a Priest.. i.e. go into Ethereal Form, increase healing spells by 15% and reduces physical damage by 15%, or something like that.

But limiting it to the Restoration tree as a form isn't the way of a Shaman since every race and any talent spec can use Ghost Wolf.

firex

ethereal form could work sort of like spirit of redemption. except not requiring you to die, and having a long-ish cooldown (maybe the same as bloodlust's cooldown). the only bad part is if you give it that kind of effect it's essentially the same as giving a shaman divine shield.

they used to have a lightning shock in beta, along with another shaman nuke spell called molten blast. lightning shock ate the most mana and did the most damage, and it also dispelled a buff, so it was essentially not as good as earth/frost shock. Molten blast had a fixed, fast cast time (this was way before talents for anyone, btw) and all it really did was fire damage, with no travel time. kind of like scorch/searing pain but I think the cast time was 2 seconds and the damage done was higher (although searing pain didn't exist for a lot of WoW beta).

if they put in a lightning shock again, I would make it the 41 point elemental talent and have its bonus effect be a 2 second stun. then I'd put it on a longer cooldown than regular shocks (like 15 seconds maybe) and make it separate from other shocks, so maybe even calling it lightning shock doesn't make much sense. But it would be like a new shock basically, just that since it's a 41 point talent it'd be strong and have a more universal CC effect to it. Or they could do earthquake or stasis trap if they really want to. they just need to give the shaman some form of CC, or a reliably effective counter to being CCed.

yacobod

Banned
quick question not totally regarding WOW but sort of related

my friend asked me to sell his account for him, so i put it up on markee dragon, and the guy payed me the money, thru paypal, and then i forwarded him the account name/password

i told him that he wouldnt get the secret question/secret answer until the money had cleared into my bank account, as sort of sellers protection from stupid scammers trying to issue a charge back

sure enough i get an email saying that it was an "unauthorized transaction"

no biggy i guess, we were able to get the account back w/out a hitch the next day, but now on my paypal account i have this open claim to resolve

this is what it says on paypal

The buyer has filed a claim stating this transaction was made without the account holder’s knowledge or consent. Please click Resolve Complaint Now to view your options to resolve this issue and how to provide relevant information will help in PayPal’s investigation. We must receive your response by 7 calendar days from case creation in order to include your input in our investigation.

so how do i resolve this on paypal?

the 3 options are

Issue the buyer a full refund. (If you have not yet shipped the item to the buyer, selecting this option will settle the claim.)
I can provide tracking information. (Because it can prove that the item was shipped to the account holder's address, this information can determine the validity of the claim.)
The buyer has already been refunded and I can provide proof of the previous refund.

i know things get sketch with e-items, so i can't really do anything about it, but i dont want my paypal to go into the negative or anything, because of this scammer piece of shit

so how should i proceed with this?

How should I deal with spellcasters as a level 14 gnome rogue? I try to draw them out from crowds but they just sit there and spell the shit out of me =/

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
BigJonsson said:
How should I deal with spellcasters as a level 14 gnome rogue? I try to draw them out from crowds but they just sit there and spell the shit out of me =/
level up and beat their asses

the game is not very balanced at 14 really

bengraven

So Blizzard unofficially announced a new MMO.

So what do you think they should do?

1) World of Diablo
2) World of Starcraft
3) new property
4) WoW2

I say Diablo. A darker, bloodier, and more action-oriented WoW would be cool. No way in hell do I want to see WoW2 already.

bengraven said:
So Blizzard unofficially announced a new MMO.

So what do you think they should do?

1) World of Diablo
2) World of Starcraft
3) new property
4) WoW2

I say Diablo. A darker, bloodier, and more action-oriented WoW would be cool. No way in hell do I want to see WoW2 already.

3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3.

bengraven

keeblerdrow said:

3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3.

Feels weird to do an MMO with an unestablished property, though. Although all you would really have to do is put "From the creators of World of Warcraft" up there.

firex

I think a new property actually works well, especially more than Diablo or Starcraft would. a lot of MMOs get based upon an existing universe, but before WoW there was EQ and it was essentially an all new universe. plus other early games like Asheron's Call. when it comes to established universes, on the other hand, the only successful MMOs based off them that I can think of are WoW and LOTRO. it's possible Warhammer or AoC (full name banned because of the whole 6.0 fiasco) could be good, but we'll have to wait and see.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
bengraven said:
Feels weird to do an MMO with an unestablished property, though.
yeah, there's no way Blizzard will make an MMO on an un-established property.

requires too much investment for something so high risk.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Martin Falch's latest machina video titled Tales of the Past III is out - at a whopping 2.4gb and 80+ mins :lol

His videos of this series is quite good for those in tune with the lore as he fiddles around some of it quite a lot. Ashbringer, Arthas, Lich King, the whole shebang. The first one, whilst not the greatest, still stands up to some relative standards but you can tell he hit his stride with the 2nd one.

I'm grabbing the 3rd one now and hoping for the best.

Ashodin

Scrow said:

If I remember correctly, WoW was high-risk because of the genre change.

Ripclawe

Banned
2ntxnx

Who can't relate:lol Trying to level up this druid, I had forgotten how bad some early areas were with respawn and aggroing other mobs.

trh

holy crap, i actually got helcular's rod. :lol

leveling up is so great now. just a question though, have they done anything to regulate so you get more money per quest or something like that? because i can imagine it'll be a bit harder to keep up with all the costs for spells and such now that i only do about 50% of what i used to.

Maxrpg said:
What's your avatar from? :lol
I made a whole heap of Soul Calibur IV avatars back when that preposterous first video came out. This is so not the place for linking to them, but who gives a shit!

hermisc4.gif
brimley.gif
closeup.gif

I'm sure this topic can get derailed further.

Ripclawe

Banned
trh said:
holy crap, i actually got helcular's rod. :lol

leveling up is so great now. just a question though, have they done anything to regulate so you get more money per quest or something like that? because i can imagine it'll be a bit harder to keep up with all the costs for spells and such now that i only do about 50% of what i used to.

nope, money at lower levels is still the same and there was a blue post saying they saw no need to change it.

trh

Maxrpg said:
~1% drop rate from level 30 yetis for a quest, most people usually just don't bother trying

nope, money at lower levels is still the same and there was a blue post saying they saw no need to change it.
alrighty then. i guess the amount of money i get pre-bc is insignificant enough regardless whether i would have leveled pre-patch or not to actually care.

bengraven

Scrow said:

I wouldn't want it either. Let's be honest, there WILL be a SC2, a WCIV, and a Diablo III. But why the hell not do a WoS or a WoD in the meantime?

They did such a successful job with WoW that it's not like they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Besides, if I remember correctly, they DO have more than one team.

bengraven said:
They did such a successful job with WoW that it's not like they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Besides, if I remember correctly, they DO have more than one team.

I believe they have...Three teams? Maybe even four if you include the handheld team? I'm not really sure. There's the WoW team, the StarCraft 2 team and at least one more. That being said...A week from today and I'll probably be activating my WoW account. Going to finish my Dranei Shaman who is 66 now. Might finish my second Rogue as well. Not sure.

fallout

Borys said:
Wow, the drop rate as I checked on thottbot is 0.1%. Congrats.
That drop rate is artificially low, since it's a quest item. It's more like 1% (so, kill 100 yetis as opposed to 1000 for a good chance at getting it).

... yes, it's a quest item with a 1% drop rate. And people say that Blizzard never gave a shit about Horde quests!

Twig

Banned
fallout said:
That drop rate is artificially low, since it's a quest item. It's more like 1% (so, kill 100 yetis as opposed to 1000 for a good chance at getting it).

... yes, it's a quest item with a 1% drop rate. And people say that Blizzard never gave a shit about Horde quests!
I'm still bitter about the lack of a Horde-equivalent Dartol's Rod of Transformation.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
account just expired... to sign up or not sign up...

better not. i should actually do something constructive over my holidays. no more WoW for about 2-3 months me thinks.

Ashodin

trh said:
~1% drop rate from level 30 yetis for a quest, most people usually just don't bother trying

alrighty then. i guess the amount of money i get pre-bc is insignificant enough regardless whether i would have leveled pre-patch or not to actually care.
Oh... I got it when I was leveling up? I never thought it was rare.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
that gorilla sinew quest in STV was a really low drop rate too. i've done that and the rod quest twice now.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Eric WK said:
50,000 yd range, no cooldown, castable while dead.

:lol :lol :lol

(This is on PTR, by the way.)
:lol

i'm actually considering re-activating just to try that on my 70 lock.

nah....

C4Lukins

I am getting back into the game after a year off with a couple of friends. Planning on going Horde for the first time, and I want to get onto a relatively new server. I am central time, and was just looking for recommendations for a good server, non PVP.

firex

I can't get the ptr download to work (blizzard's torrents have sucked for me for a long time now) so I'm probably screwed on playing on there, but looking at the notes, 2.3.2 has a lot of nice stuff for paladins, shamans, hunters and druids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom